General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Poppy33

clover

I will take a photo this week,but for now all i can say is its white,and looks like the normal mauve/pink variety, grows about 4"high then flowers and has spread throughout the lawns.
    I will take a photo this week,but for now all i can say is its white,and looks like the normal mauve/pink variety, grows about 4"high then flowers and has spread throughout the lawns.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. leeky85

soil condition

Welcome Leeky85 from kilburnBM
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. windy miller

droopy giant echium

Floppy echium update! After planting it out it does seem to have perked up a bit. I think the lowest leaves are too far gone, but the top few are definately a lot less droopy. Yay!! I'm well...
    Floppy echium update! After planting it out it does seem to have perked up a bit. I think the lowest leaves are too far gone, but the top few are definately a lot less droopy. Yay!! I'm well chuffed. :cool: Just wish this bl**dy gale would drop :(
    Floppy echium update! After planting it out it does seem to have perked up a bit. I think the lowest leaves are too far gone, but the top few are definately a lot less droopy. Yay!! I'm well chuffed. :cool: Just wish this bl**dy gale would drop :(
    Floppy echium update! After planting it out it does seem to have perked up a bit. I think the lowest leaves are too far gone, but the top few are definately a lot less droopy. Yay!! I'm well...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. redfifi1717

Poppys

Thanks rosietu. I KNOW how important it is to mark/label things......you THINK you will remember them, but you just don't!!!! lol
    Thanks rosietu. I KNOW how important it is to mark/label things......you THINK you will remember them, but you just don't!!!! lol
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Firefly B

what's happened?

thank you mona lisa. hope that's all it is. i'll give it plenty of TLC ;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. lazy-gardener

clematis and other things

I have quite a lot on the balcony i have even started my neighbours off underneath me have been helping them put their arch up and twig expanding trellis over the balcony fronts and sides, they...
    I have quite a lot on the balcony i have even started my neighbours off underneath me have been helping them put their arch up and twig expanding trellis over the balcony fronts and sides, they have been up and seen mine and jan said oh i want mine like yours, they have put their climbers in...
    I have quite a lot on the balcony i have even started my neighbours off underneath me have been helping them put their arch up and twig expanding trellis over the balcony fronts and sides, they have been up and seen mine and jan said oh i want...
    I have quite a lot on the balcony i have even started my neighbours off underneath me have been helping them put their arch up and twig expanding trellis over the balcony fronts and sides, they...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. rosa

fine roots showing

I have looked at the plastic ones and not seen any large enough cant say i have seen stone effect ones can you get large square ones and quite tall as the clay concrete ones i have seen are the...
    I have looked at the plastic ones and not seen any large enough cant say i have seen stone effect ones can you get large square ones and quite tall as the clay concrete ones i have seen are the perfect size that i want. Dreading doing mine by the way also as my vine is already in a concrete-clay...
    I have looked at the plastic ones and not seen any large enough cant say i have seen stone effect ones can you get large square ones and quite tall as the clay concrete ones i have seen are the perfect size that i want. Dreading doing mine by the...
    I have looked at the plastic ones and not seen any large enough cant say i have seen stone effect ones can you get large square ones and quite tall as the clay concrete ones i have seen are the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Liz

Shady patch

liz a nice pond with a few gold fish and ferns would look great then you would have the best of both worlds something to sit and admire maybe a little running water in the middle of the pond
    liz a nice pond with a few gold fish and ferns would look great then you would have the best of both worlds something to sit and admire maybe a little running water in the middle of the pond
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. jay

Funny way to go about it!

How easy it would have been for you to make some excuse not to go. Takes two but it's often the way nice things happen - off the cuff, I mean.
    How easy it would have been for you to make some excuse not to go. Takes two but it's often the way nice things happen - off the cuff, I mean.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. The Pea Of Sweetness

Passion Flower

Nice one for that matey, much appreciated....
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. PLOTTY

UPDATED WEBSITE & VIDEO

Now I know how you have wonderful allotments. That lovely video was uploaded at 5am... WOW. I hope my allotment looks that good one day. I have three pumpkins growing this year and I eat mine,...
    Now I know how you have wonderful allotments. That lovely video was uploaded at 5am... WOW. I hope my allotment looks that good one day. I have three pumpkins growing this year and I eat mine, lovely pumpkin soup..mmmmmm Looking forward to the next installment.
    Now I know how you have wonderful allotments. That lovely video was uploaded at 5am... WOW. I hope my allotment looks that good one day. I have three pumpkins growing this year and I eat mine, lovely pumpkin soup..mmmmmm Looking forward to the...
    Now I know how you have wonderful allotments. That lovely video was uploaded at 5am... WOW. I hope my allotment looks that good one day. I have three pumpkins growing this year and I eat mine,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Victoria

Cultivating Weeds

I often leave a weed if I don't know what it is. I've had Herb Paris, Giant Lettuce, and (frighteningly enough) Jimson Weed. I've now got a Trillium which is odd as I have planted them in the same...
    I often leave a weed if I don't know what it is. I've had Herb Paris, Giant Lettuce, and (frighteningly enough) Jimson Weed. I've now got a Trillium which is odd as I have planted them in the same spot several years ago and they just faded away, and any number of Yew volunteers. Those I see as a...
    I often leave a weed if I don't know what it is. I've had Herb Paris, Giant Lettuce, and (frighteningly enough) Jimson Weed. I've now got a Trillium which is odd as I have planted them in the same spot several years ago and they just faded away,...
    I often leave a weed if I don't know what it is. I've had Herb Paris, Giant Lettuce, and (frighteningly enough) Jimson Weed. I've now got a Trillium which is odd as I have planted them in the same...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Victoria

Too Warm to Garden

We've had rain and clouds most of this week,but it hasn't cooled down much. As Rosa says, it's very hot at night, even in my stone cottage. I think my sweet peas have grown about 3" this week and...
    We've had rain and clouds most of this week,but it hasn't cooled down much. As Rosa says, it's very hot at night, even in my stone cottage. I think my sweet peas have grown about 3" this week and at last have some flowers coming. Mine are in a sunny place, my neighbours' are in the shade and...
    We've had rain and clouds most of this week,but it hasn't cooled down much. As Rosa says, it's very hot at night, even in my stone cottage. I think my sweet peas have grown about 3" this week and at last have some flowers coming. Mine are in a...
    We've had rain and clouds most of this week,but it hasn't cooled down much. As Rosa says, it's very hot at night, even in my stone cottage. I think my sweet peas have grown about 3" this week and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Gilly

Weigela varigated shrub (Florida)

And you can usually prune the taller stems to a (much) lower bud without spoiling the shape at any time of year. Might lose a few flowers at the top next year, but hell, they have enough anyway.
    And you can usually prune the taller stems to a (much) lower bud without spoiling the shape at any time of year. Might lose a few flowers at the top next year, but hell, they have enough anyway.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. redfifi1717

Pink worms

worms with sunburn !!!
    worms with sunburn !!!
    worms with sunburn !!!
    worms with sunburn !!!
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. sawfish

planting fritillaria bulbs

is it safe enough to to plant fritillaria bulbs in the earth now? Even though its too late for them to flower this year.What I mean is they wont lie and rot? [ 07. July 2006, 06:25 PM:...
    is it safe enough to to plant fritillaria bulbs in the earth now? Even though its too late for them to flower this year.What I mean is they wont lie and rot? [ 07. July 2006, 06:25 PM: Message edited by: sawfish ]
    is it safe enough to to plant fritillaria bulbs in the earth now? Even though its too late for them to flower this year.What I mean is they wont lie and rot? [ 07. July 2006, 06:25 PM: Message edited by: sawfish ]
    is it safe enough to to plant fritillaria bulbs in the earth now? Even though its too late for them to flower this year.What I mean is they wont lie and rot? [ 07. July 2006, 06:25 PM:...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. The Pea Of Sweetness

Bleeding Hearts query

It is the natural character of the bleeding heart to die down after flowering in the spring, so I think this is nothing to worry about. They will reappear next spring. M-L
    It is the natural character of the bleeding heart to die down after flowering in the spring, so I think this is nothing to worry about. They will reappear next spring. M-L
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Victoria
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Victoria

Nearing the end of the day ....

It's been a busy day and I've uprooted the C vimilus and planted the pink grapefruit in its place next to the lime tree. That was a bit shattering at 27oC even after the sun was going down! :( ...
    It's been a busy day and I've uprooted the C vimilus and planted the pink grapefruit in its place next to the lime tree. That was a bit shattering at 27oC even after the sun was going down! :( Sweat, sweat :( The poor C vim is now lying on its side where it's going to go .... tomorrow...
    It's been a busy day and I've uprooted the C vimilus and planted the pink grapefruit in its place next to the lime tree. That was a bit shattering at 27oC even after the sun was going down! :( Sweat, sweat :( The poor C vim is now lying on...
    It's been a busy day and I've uprooted the C vimilus and planted the pink grapefruit in its place next to the lime tree. That was a bit shattering at 27oC even after the sun was going down! :( ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. sally

laurel bushes

If they are already good bushy plants then you do not need to do anything, but if they are single stemmed ones then pruning to force branching from the base is a good idea. Cut each shoot back by...
    If they are already good bushy plants then you do not need to do anything, but if they are single stemmed ones then pruning to force branching from the base is a good idea. Cut each shoot back by about a third, now would be ok.
    If they are already good bushy plants then you do not need to do anything, but if they are single stemmed ones then pruning to force branching from the base is a good idea. Cut each shoot back by about a third, now would be ok.
    If they are already good bushy plants then you do not need to do anything, but if they are single stemmed ones then pruning to force branching from the base is a good idea. Cut each shoot back by...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice