General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. The Pea Of Sweetness

Lillies

I did have one in a pot for my birthday last year which I planted out and it flowered later in the year, but my birthday is Feb. so I think Frogesue is right. But next year it will bloom again if...
    I did have one in a pot for my birthday last year which I planted out and it flowered later in the year, but my birthday is Feb. so I think Frogesue is right. But next year it will bloom again if all goes well, and you will be able to enjoy it all over again. Mine has buds on this year, and...
    I did have one in a pot for my birthday last year which I planted out and it flowered later in the year, but my birthday is Feb. so I think Frogesue is right. But next year it will bloom again if all goes well, and you will be able to enjoy it...
    I did have one in a pot for my birthday last year which I planted out and it flowered later in the year, but my birthday is Feb. so I think Frogesue is right. But next year it will bloom again if...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. redfifi1717

Help...nasturtiums!!

Have made some hanging baskets up, the first I have done for about 10yrs! I put some trailing nasturtiums in, and sadly the leaves are all turning yellow! Any ideas why this is happening?...
    Have made some hanging baskets up, the first I have done for about 10yrs! I put some trailing nasturtiums in, and sadly the leaves are all turning yellow! Any ideas why this is happening? Overwatering? compost too rich??I know they can thrive on/in poor soil...maybe the slow release fertilizer...
    Have made some hanging baskets up, the first I have done for about 10yrs! I put some trailing nasturtiums in, and sadly the leaves are all turning yellow! Any ideas why this is happening? Overwatering? compost too rich??I know they can thrive...
    Have made some hanging baskets up, the first I have done for about 10yrs! I put some trailing nasturtiums in, and sadly the leaves are all turning yellow! Any ideas why this is happening?...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Waco

Podophyllium/Dysoma

Well the experts today reckon itr is Podophyllum Vassilosum, I saw loads for sale, but nothing as nice as mine. they do say that they are quite promiscuous, so may be I have some funny hybrid...
    Well the experts today reckon itr is Podophyllum Vassilosum, I saw loads for sale, but nothing as nice as mine. they do say that they are quite promiscuous, so may be I have some funny hybrid sport? - well who cares, it is a good performer, so whats in a name!
    Well the experts today reckon itr is Podophyllum Vassilosum, I saw loads for sale, but nothing as nice as mine. they do say that they are quite promiscuous, so may be I have some funny hybrid sport? - well who cares, it is a good performer, so...
    Well the experts today reckon itr is Podophyllum Vassilosum, I saw loads for sale, but nothing as nice as mine. they do say that they are quite promiscuous, so may be I have some funny hybrid...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. berry

Moving Wisteria?

They are fine in a container for several years, and they are tough as old boots. Transplant in the autumn I would say, and don't worry. They don't like wet feet or very alkaline soil though. I...
    They are fine in a container for several years, and they are tough as old boots. Transplant in the autumn I would say, and don't worry. They don't like wet feet or very alkaline soil though. I have done this sort of thing several times with wisteria up to 20 years old (big pots).
    They are fine in a container for several years, and they are tough as old boots. Transplant in the autumn I would say, and don't worry. They don't like wet feet or very alkaline soil though. I have done this sort of thing several times with...
    They are fine in a container for several years, and they are tough as old boots. Transplant in the autumn I would say, and don't worry. They don't like wet feet or very alkaline soil though. I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. ABILOU

Hypericum help

Sounds like frost or wind damage. It could be insect damage, get a magnifying glass to it.Does anybody know how many shrubs are called "rose of sharon". It looks like a default name for any shrub.
    Sounds like frost or wind damage. It could be insect damage, get a magnifying glass to it.Does anybody know how many shrubs are called "rose of sharon". It looks like a default name for any shrub.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. just gazania

my laburnum vossii has not flowered...

I think it'll be alright to tidy it up a bit, but dont do too much.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Hornbeam

Bird mimic

I had a friend with a yard of lorries. He got quite upset when he heard the warnig noise that lorries make when they reverse. He heard it but did not see it.turned out to be a jay imitating sound.
    I had a friend with a yard of lorries. He got quite upset when he heard the warnig noise that lorries make when they reverse. He heard it but did not see it.turned out to be a jay imitating sound.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Waco

help?

Thanks DAG - got it now.
    Thanks DAG - got it now.
    Thanks DAG - got it now.
    Thanks DAG - got it now.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. lazy-gardener

Buried my cat in the garden

Sorry to hear about the loss of your cat LG. Being a pet owner can be very painful at times - more than outweighed though by the pleasure.
    Sorry to hear about the loss of your cat LG. Being a pet owner can be very painful at times - more than outweighed though by the pleasure.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. millymilly

Hanging baskets and birds

Whilst some of our hanging basket material might be going to nests, most of it is the jackdaws. They peck everything, must be just curiosity. I have dogs too and always leave the odd bit of hair...
    Whilst some of our hanging basket material might be going to nests, most of it is the jackdaws. They peck everything, must be just curiosity. I have dogs too and always leave the odd bit of hair in the garden at this time of year. Frogesque, as to leaving mud out, no need at all here, there's...
    Whilst some of our hanging basket material might be going to nests, most of it is the jackdaws. They peck everything, must be just curiosity. I have dogs too and always leave the odd bit of hair in the garden at this time of year. Frogesque, as...
    Whilst some of our hanging basket material might be going to nests, most of it is the jackdaws. They peck everything, must be just curiosity. I have dogs too and always leave the odd bit of hair...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. liquidforce

How do I sort this out

Foeget the strimmer..borrow some sheep or goats they will soon sort it out, they will even leave you some free fertiliser!
    Foeget the strimmer..borrow some sheep or goats they will soon sort it out, they will even leave you some free fertiliser!
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Poppy33

Red valerian

Thanks for your reply, think I will cut it back and then after 2nd flush let it set seed. Your right it is such a useful plant, I also have the white Variety, thats great and seeds all over the...
    Thanks for your reply, think I will cut it back and then after 2nd flush let it set seed. Your right it is such a useful plant, I also have the white Variety, thats great and seeds all over the garden...so pretty and attracts the moths in the evenings.
    Thanks for your reply, think I will cut it back and then after 2nd flush let it set seed. Your right it is such a useful plant, I also have the white Variety, thats great and seeds all over the garden...so pretty and attracts the moths in the...
    Thanks for your reply, think I will cut it back and then after 2nd flush let it set seed. Your right it is such a useful plant, I also have the white Variety, thats great and seeds all over the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. elainefiz

are these wallflowers?

All my lilies are in pots, the only trouble I get is squirrels rummaging about in the pots and eating them, have to keep them covered in winter with net. Found only 3 lily beetles so far this...
    All my lilies are in pots, the only trouble I get is squirrels rummaging about in the pots and eating them, have to keep them covered in winter with net. Found only 3 lily beetles so far this year. I have to repot occasionally as they do increase and the pots become crammed full-not that...
    All my lilies are in pots, the only trouble I get is squirrels rummaging about in the pots and eating them, have to keep them covered in winter with net. Found only 3 lily beetles so far this year. I have to repot occasionally as they do...
    All my lilies are in pots, the only trouble I get is squirrels rummaging about in the pots and eating them, have to keep them covered in winter with net. Found only 3 lily beetles so far this...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Banana Man

What plant, circumstance or moment made you fall in love with gardening ?

Although I didnt know it at the time my love of gardens came to me as soon as I was born. I grew up in Sussex and my father had what can only be described as a truly beautiful garden. I only...
    Although I didnt know it at the time my love of gardens came to me as soon as I was born. I grew up in Sussex and my father had what can only be described as a truly beautiful garden. I only really appreciated it when though circumstances I was forced to live in London. The first plant I bought...
    Although I didnt know it at the time my love of gardens came to me as soon as I was born. I grew up in Sussex and my father had what can only be described as a truly beautiful garden. I only really appreciated it when though circumstances I was...
    Although I didnt know it at the time my love of gardens came to me as soon as I was born. I grew up in Sussex and my father had what can only be described as a truly beautiful garden. I only...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Waco

Time

um have forgotten how philosophical us gardeners can be! AND all very romantic.Have the time at the moment but not the strength!
    um have forgotten how philosophical us gardeners can be! AND all very romantic.Have the time at the moment but not the strength!
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. lazy-gardener

Pss! I heard the weather is going to be nice on Friday!

i,m sitting drinking coffee on my deck , tis luvely and sunny here ,only slight thing to spoil it is buster next doors humungous cat , hes eyeing up the fence again , last time he landed on me...
    i,m sitting drinking coffee on my deck , tis luvely and sunny here ,only slight thing to spoil it is buster next doors humungous cat , hes eyeing up the fence again , last time he landed on me daffs and squished em the ungainly so an so ... still the weather is balmy the kids and hubby are all...
    i,m sitting drinking coffee on my deck , tis luvely and sunny here ,only slight thing to spoil it is buster next doors humungous cat , hes eyeing up the fence again , last time he landed on me daffs and squished em the ungainly so an so ... still...
    i,m sitting drinking coffee on my deck , tis luvely and sunny here ,only slight thing to spoil it is buster next doors humungous cat , hes eyeing up the fence again , last time he landed on me...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. bluemolly

help dying Pachira Aquatica

Hi Frogesque, Taken your advice onboard,the Pachira has now been repotted in the biggest pot homebase had 22" new compost/perlite. Lets hope that will do the trick. Thank you for your...
    Hi Frogesque, Taken your advice onboard,the Pachira has now been repotted in the biggest pot homebase had 22" new compost/perlite. Lets hope that will do the trick. Thank you for your help. http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h45/bluemolly/gardenerscorner.jpg
    Hi Frogesque, Taken your advice onboard,the Pachira has now been repotted in the biggest pot homebase had 22" new compost/perlite. Lets hope that will do the trick. Thank you for your...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. chobart

What to do with spare plants?

Thanks to all for the responses - I now have some new ideas.Our local gardening club had their 'bring and buy' last month but were unable to run a stall at the local fete - it was cancelled...
    Thanks to all for the responses - I now have some new ideas.Our local gardening club had their 'bring and buy' last month but were unable to run a stall at the local fete - it was cancelled because of the rain.!
    Thanks to all for the responses - I now have some new ideas.Our local gardening club had their 'bring and buy' last month but were unable to run a stall at the local fete - it was cancelled because of the rain.!
    Thanks to all for the responses - I now have some new ideas.Our local gardening club had their 'bring and buy' last month but were unable to run a stall at the local fete - it was cancelled...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Paladin

Broom Pruning?

At least it's not going to be stained...I did insist that my side would not be done, and so the whole lot is to stay natural.
    At least it's not going to be stained...I did insist that my side would not be done, and so the whole lot is to stay natural.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. chkm8

ventilation

Have a try on Ebay - you might be lucky. I got two (unused) at �£1.50 each at our local car boot sale! :D
    Have a try on Ebay - you might be lucky. I got two (unused) at �£1.50 each at our local car boot sale! :D
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice