1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Poppydigger1

Dancing Ladies

Think the plant you're after is Fuchsia magellanica. My mum calls them dancing ladies (after she's had a couple) and there's a reference to it in Flora Brittanica.
    Think the plant you're after is Fuchsia magellanica. My mum calls them dancing ladies (after she's had a couple) and there's a reference to it in Flora Brittanica.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. mr piles

flowers on pieris

Ive pruned pieris japonica hybrids all through the summer although never hard, just tidying. They take very well to it, it keeps them bushy. In my experience they aren't as fussy about soil as...
    Ive pruned pieris japonica hybrids all through the summer although never hard, just tidying. They take very well to it, it keeps them bushy. In my experience they aren't as fussy about soil as creativepaul above suggests. They will grow fine in neutral to mildly alkaline conditions like...
    Ive pruned pieris japonica hybrids all through the summer although never hard, just tidying. They take very well to it, it keeps them bushy. In my experience they aren't as fussy about soil as creativepaul above suggests. They will grow fine in...
    Ive pruned pieris japonica hybrids all through the summer although never hard, just tidying. They take very well to it, it keeps them bushy. In my experience they aren't as fussy about soil as...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Stingo

Nice surprise in the post

Good thinking Honey Bee :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Liz

Help please?

They are now all in pots and looking well. As you have them outside pete, does that mean they don't need heat at this time of year, or should I keep them in greenhouse until bigger? They now have...
    They are now all in pots and looking well. As you have them outside pete, does that mean they don't need heat at this time of year, or should I keep them in greenhouse until bigger? They now have frondy tops.
    They are now all in pots and looking well. As you have them outside pete, does that mean they don't need heat at this time of year, or should I keep them in greenhouse until bigger? They now have frondy tops.
    They are now all in pots and looking well. As you have them outside pete, does that mean they don't need heat at this time of year, or should I keep them in greenhouse until bigger? They now have...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. jazid

Pictures

Well done jazid.... Nice avatar..! [ 25. May 2006, 09:40 AM: Message edited by: Marley Farley ]
    Well done jazid.... Nice avatar..! [ 25. May 2006, 09:40 AM: Message edited by: Marley Farley ]
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Webmaster

Ingredients for a Snail Smoothie

... ok Rich, I think its, boing - "time for bed!!!" :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Hornbeam

Britain's smallest

Superb macro photo there Hornbeam!
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. dalbuie

Seeds of Australia

I take it the Desert Pea is Sturt's Desert Pea. I found them easy to grow and they make great compact house plants, with unusual flowers. I like them a lot.The same with Kangaroo paw, with...
    I take it the Desert Pea is Sturt's Desert Pea. I found them easy to grow and they make great compact house plants, with unusual flowers. I like them a lot.The same with Kangaroo paw, with lanceolate leaves they also made good pot plants in a larger pot. I tried planting them outside, but...
    I take it the Desert Pea is Sturt's Desert Pea. I found them easy to grow and they make great compact house plants, with unusual flowers. I like them a lot.The same with Kangaroo paw, with lanceolate leaves they also made good pot plants in a...
    I take it the Desert Pea is Sturt's Desert Pea. I found them easy to grow and they make great compact house plants, with unusual flowers. I like them a lot.The same with Kangaroo paw, with...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Hornbeam

Hostas, slugs and snails

trouble is I am running out of space - but have to admit hostas easy in my conditions
    trouble is I am running out of space - but have to admit hostas easy in my conditions
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Hornbeam

Wild and wet

Yes mine are over and done with - I have a real love for Fritillaria, some of the bulbs now on offer are over �£20 of more unusual variety.My now departed next door neigbour used to have all...
    Yes mine are over and done with - I have a real love for Fritillaria, some of the bulbs now on offer are over �£20 of more unusual variety.My now departed next door neigbour used to have all her back garden full of the snakes head ones, all different colours, the new occupiers (who have been...
    Yes mine are over and done with - I have a real love for Fritillaria, some of the bulbs now on offer are over �£20 of more unusual variety.My now departed next door neigbour used to have all her back garden full of the snakes head ones, all...
    Yes mine are over and done with - I have a real love for Fritillaria, some of the bulbs now on offer are over �£20 of more unusual variety.My now departed next door neigbour used to have all...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. frogesque

Trailers

um frogesque, hope you have thought about using one, I have to tow horse trailer with horse and they go all sorts of ways you would not even imagine if you are not used to them!Having said that...
    um frogesque, hope you have thought about using one, I have to tow horse trailer with horse and they go all sorts of ways you would not even imagine if you are not used to them!Having said that in time even a girlie can manage them with half a tonnn of horse inside!
    um frogesque, hope you have thought about using one, I have to tow horse trailer with horse and they go all sorts of ways you would not even imagine if you are not used to them!Having said that in time even a girlie can manage them with half a...
    um frogesque, hope you have thought about using one, I have to tow horse trailer with horse and they go all sorts of ways you would not even imagine if you are not used to them!Having said that...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. crocket

cabbage palm

Suckers from where, they will be like the mother plant. Yeah they belong in the ground, far too vigorous for pots really although OK for a couple of years I suppose.
    Suckers from where, they will be like the mother plant. Yeah they belong in the ground, far too vigorous for pots really although OK for a couple of years I suppose.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. slugbug

Venus flytrap

slugbug,did i read right?did you really feed it cornedbeef?. :D :D :D :D :D .
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. wishaw

Yellow foliage on marguerites

In the S.E where I am there is a lot of leaf miner infestation, which on close examination is a series of greyish trails just below the surface of the leaf with very small grubs at the end. The...
    In the S.E where I am there is a lot of leaf miner infestation, which on close examination is a series of greyish trails just below the surface of the leaf with very small grubs at the end. The effect is of weakening and thinning of growth, and I have definitely had these problems with the...
    In the S.E where I am there is a lot of leaf miner infestation, which on close examination is a series of greyish trails just below the surface of the leaf with very small grubs at the end. The effect is of weakening and thinning of growth, and I...
    In the S.E where I am there is a lot of leaf miner infestation, which on close examination is a series of greyish trails just below the surface of the leaf with very small grubs at the end. The...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. allye

"Rip-Off" Gardening Express

In the last 12 months 394 negative feedbacks :eek: , more than one every day !!!http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=gardeningexpress_co_ukNathan.
    In the last 12 months 394 negative feedbacks :eek: , more than one every day !!!http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=gardeningexpress_co_ukNathan.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. jervis

Bay bush problem

I'll try not to give too much water, but that's not easy when it's bucketing down outside! Thanks again.
    I'll try not to give too much water, but that's not easy when it's bucketing down outside! Thanks again.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. DAG

Unusual Aubrieta Request

:D OK DAG will let you know. We could also do with the air being moved round on those warm, dull, damp days in summer as well & it doesn't look like they will work then.. Have to see I...
    :D OK DAG will let you know. We could also do with the air being moved round on those warm, dull, damp days in summer as well & it doesn't look like they will work then.. Have to see I suppose..... :rolleyes:
    :D OK DAG will let you know. We could also do with the air being moved round on those warm, dull, damp days in summer as well & it doesn't look like they will work then.. Have to see I suppose..... :rolleyes:
    :D OK DAG will let you know. We could also do with the air being moved round on those warm, dull, damp days in summer as well & it doesn't look like they will work then.. Have to see I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Stokie

Plant help

http://www.bbc.co.uk/gardening/plants/plant_finder/plant_pages/5487.shtml
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Liz

Why can't they germinate to order?

Frogesque, you've beaten what I thought was a record! I planted some of my Dad's seeds, the oldest was a part packet of spinach from 1989, and I have ONE healthy seedling. As it is the perpetual...
    Frogesque, you've beaten what I thought was a record! I planted some of my Dad's seeds, the oldest was a part packet of spinach from 1989, and I have ONE healthy seedling. As it is the perpetual variety I am hoping to keep it!
    Frogesque, you've beaten what I thought was a record! I planted some of my Dad's seeds, the oldest was a part packet of spinach from 1989, and I have ONE healthy seedling. As it is the perpetual variety I am hoping to keep it!
    Frogesque, you've beaten what I thought was a record! I planted some of my Dad's seeds, the oldest was a part packet of spinach from 1989, and I have ONE healthy seedling. As it is the perpetual...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. roders

MAGIC OF CHELSEA

I would love to go to Chelsea - just to see the plants, and arrangements and gardens. But will make do on TV and indeed on line on the BBC site - for me the numbers of people, even on members day...
    I would love to go to Chelsea - just to see the plants, and arrangements and gardens. But will make do on TV and indeed on line on the BBC site - for me the numbers of people, even on members day are just tooooooo much.Whilst it may once have been a kinda snobby affair, I don't think it is now...
    I would love to go to Chelsea - just to see the plants, and arrangements and gardens. But will make do on TV and indeed on line on the BBC site - for me the numbers of people, even on members day are just tooooooo much.Whilst it may once have...
    I would love to go to Chelsea - just to see the plants, and arrangements and gardens. But will make do on TV and indeed on line on the BBC site - for me the numbers of people, even on members day...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice