1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views ↓
Last Message
  1. fionaclancy

Bamboo needs saving

thank goodness you were nt left the cat!
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Bilbo675

Castor Oil Seedlings

Thanks Ziggy, I can't help planting things....I just love growing things from seed; all the veg is now growing well, as are my cannas and a few perennials...also got monkey puzzle seedlings,...
    Thanks Ziggy, I can't help planting things....I just love growing things from seed; all the veg is now growing well, as are my cannas and a few perennials...also got monkey puzzle seedlings, pomigranites, kennedia, mimosa, coleus, date palms, and a few others..I getting withdrawal symptons...
    Thanks Ziggy, I can't help planting things....I just love growing things from seed; all the veg is now growing well, as are my cannas and a few perennials...also got monkey puzzle seedlings, pomigranites, kennedia, mimosa, coleus, date palms, and...
    Thanks Ziggy, I can't help planting things....I just love growing things from seed; all the veg is now growing well, as are my cannas and a few perennials...also got monkey puzzle seedlings,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Madahhlia

Open studio and garden Leicester

I'll do that. :)You could get a free Word Press site. There are a vast supply of free themes and layouts for your pages. There are many plug ins and widgets too, and they are all easy to assemble...
    I'll do that. :)You could get a free Word Press site. There are a vast supply of free themes and layouts for your pages. There are many plug ins and widgets too, and they are all easy to assemble into a functioning website and online shop. You can link it to etsy.com if you are registered there.
    I'll do that. :)You could get a free Word Press site. There are a vast supply of free themes and layouts for your pages. There are many plug ins and widgets too, and they are all easy to assemble into a functioning website and online shop. You...
    I'll do that. :)You could get a free Word Press site. There are a vast supply of free themes and layouts for your pages. There are many plug ins and widgets too, and they are all easy to assemble...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. randomjulie

A Pear and a Plant - please ID !

Wow! I thought it was sick! Hahaha! I tasted some fruit late last year (when we moved into the house) and it tasted bad - so I assumed it was suffering....but now I know! Jams and such like...
    Wow! I thought it was sick! Hahaha! I tasted some fruit late last year (when we moved into the house) and it tasted bad - so I assumed it was suffering....but now I know! Jams and such like will be created! I made apple crumbles and pies from the apple tree last year....maybe some apple &...
    Wow! I thought it was sick! Hahaha! I tasted some fruit late last year (when we moved into the house) and it tasted bad - so I assumed it was suffering....but now I know! Jams and such like will be created! I made apple crumbles and pies...
    Wow! I thought it was sick! Hahaha! I tasted some fruit late last year (when we moved into the house) and it tasted bad - so I assumed it was suffering....but now I know! Jams and such like...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Vicki

Clematis Montana

I have several Clematis Montana ranging from 4 to 14 years old. The oldest one started the Spring well, produced a few flowers but is now wilting (leaf tips going black). One other started to...
    I have several Clematis Montana ranging from 4 to 14 years old. The oldest one started the Spring well, produced a few flowers but is now wilting (leaf tips going black). One other started to produce leaves but they wilted, but the others have produced no leaves at all. Would this be Wilt ? They...
    I have several Clematis Montana ranging from 4 to 14 years old. The oldest one started the Spring well, produced a few flowers but is now wilting (leaf tips going black). One other started to produce leaves but they wilted, but the others have...
    I have several Clematis Montana ranging from 4 to 14 years old. The oldest one started the Spring well, produced a few flowers but is now wilting (leaf tips going black). One other started to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. HarryS

Wildflower mix, care?

Due to problems obtaining bedding plants during the lockdown, I purchased some wildflower mix seed packets. The second batch I scattered in June have been amazing the Corn marigolds are still...
    Due to problems obtaining bedding plants during the lockdown, I purchased some wildflower mix seed packets. The second batch I scattered in June have been amazing the Corn marigolds are still stunning in late October :blue thumb: Now the first batch I planted have mainly all gone over, are the late...
    Due to problems obtaining bedding plants during the lockdown, I purchased some wildflower mix seed packets. The second batch I scattered in June have been amazing the Corn marigolds are still stunning in late October :blue thumb: Now the first batch I...
    Due to problems obtaining bedding plants during the lockdown, I purchased some wildflower mix seed packets. The second batch I scattered in June have been amazing the Corn marigolds are still...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Loofah

Soil makeover

That would have been ideal!
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Holly3012

Climbing Rose Bush Advice

Well if the trellis fails its going to make a right mess of the Rose ! I looked at the photos before reading your post and my first impression was "That trellis has had it" ... before I even...
    Well if the trellis fails its going to make a right mess of the Rose ! I looked at the photos before reading your post and my first impression was "That trellis has had it" ... before I even looked at the plants, which is unusual for me!You could cut the rose back hard, it will grow back...
    Well if the trellis fails its going to make a right mess of the Rose ! I looked at the photos before reading your post and my first impression was "That trellis has had it" ... before I even looked at the plants, which is unusual for me!You...
    Well if the trellis fails its going to make a right mess of the Rose ! I looked at the photos before reading your post and my first impression was "That trellis has had it" ... before I even...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. betty haynes

planting

Should be fine unless it has been grown under cover and therefore much further on than it should be new growth wise. Even then it might get a bit of a check if it gets frosted but should recover....
    Should be fine unless it has been grown under cover and therefore much further on than it should be new growth wise. Even then it might get a bit of a check if it gets frosted but should recover. Which variety is it? I grow about 5 0r 6 different ones and all of mine are as hardy as anything....
    Should be fine unless it has been grown under cover and therefore much further on than it should be new growth wise. Even then it might get a bit of a check if it gets frosted but should recover. Which variety is it? I grow about 5 0r 6...
    Should be fine unless it has been grown under cover and therefore much further on than it should be new growth wise. Even then it might get a bit of a check if it gets frosted but should recover....
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Marcus

Just moved to a flat!!!

If allowable I would try to form a wind break round the balcony made of heavy duty clear polythene or even some thin acrylic sheets.
    If allowable I would try to form a wind break round the balcony made of heavy duty clear polythene or even some thin acrylic sheets.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. jw_universe

What grows on moss please?

Do you mean sphagnum moss or low growing green moss?Val
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Craig1987

Crocus

Can you not scrape back some of the gravel and plant them in the soil (assuming that there is soil) underneath? It'll save a lot of messing about and they'll multiply better too. If this is not...
    Can you not scrape back some of the gravel and plant them in the soil (assuming that there is soil) underneath? It'll save a lot of messing about and they'll multiply better too. If this is not possible, leave them undisturbed for a couple of years, again to help them multiply. You can top the...
    Can you not scrape back some of the gravel and plant them in the soil (assuming that there is soil) underneath? It'll save a lot of messing about and they'll multiply better too. If this is not possible, leave them undisturbed for a couple of...
    Can you not scrape back some of the gravel and plant them in the soil (assuming that there is soil) underneath? It'll save a lot of messing about and they'll multiply better too. If this is not...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. The Pea Of Sweetness

Please someone tell me why.....

Nice one, will do. I've had the same thing happen with my pansies in the back aswell. It can't be dryness as i am really good on the watering front.Maybe it is the wind, but yet the back part...
    Nice one, will do. I've had the same thing happen with my pansies in the back aswell. It can't be dryness as i am really good on the watering front.Maybe it is the wind, but yet the back part of the house doesn't get windy....damn those Vine Weevils......
    Nice one, will do. I've had the same thing happen with my pansies in the back aswell. It can't be dryness as i am really good on the watering front.Maybe it is the wind, but yet the back part of the house doesn't get windy....damn those Vine...
    Nice one, will do. I've had the same thing happen with my pansies in the back aswell. It can't be dryness as i am really good on the watering front.Maybe it is the wind, but yet the back part...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Derek

Flooding and Bean problems

Any more info Derek ? Pictures ? What are your gardening conditions like ? Water nearby, stream etc.... soil ?
    Any more info Derek ? Pictures ? What are your gardening conditions like ? Water nearby, stream etc.... soil ?
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. pottyplotter

Blueberry Bush

No worries, mind you, I managed to kill mine so don't listen to me.:D
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. mr piles

ivy advice needed...

I may be got this wrong, but I read the ground cover as Ivey?Varigated with small leaves could be gold heart, I recently planted one called Joker with jagged leaves, small variagated but a real...
    I may be got this wrong, but I read the ground cover as Ivey?Varigated with small leaves could be gold heart, I recently planted one called Joker with jagged leaves, small variagated but a real poor dooer.As Pete says, depends on variety, I did at my first house have a picture of Iveys...
    I may be got this wrong, but I read the ground cover as Ivey?Varigated with small leaves could be gold heart, I recently planted one called Joker with jagged leaves, small variagated but a real poor dooer.As Pete says, depends on variety, I...
    I may be got this wrong, but I read the ground cover as Ivey?Varigated with small leaves could be gold heart, I recently planted one called Joker with jagged leaves, small variagated but a real...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. DavieM

Mourning Glory

Thanks for that, mine is Blue colour, and I will watch for the slugs, seems to have taken ok, and is in the sunniest part of the garden so here's hopeing.
    Thanks for that, mine is Blue colour, and I will watch for the slugs, seems to have taken ok, and is in the sunniest part of the garden so here's hopeing.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Hornbeam

One for the winter

Well done Liz! I know where some plants are and they look to be very vulnerable by a pavement in town. Will try to get some seeds or even offsets if possible. If succesful I will raise some...
    Well done Liz! I know where some plants are and they look to be very vulnerable by a pavement in town. Will try to get some seeds or even offsets if possible. If succesful I will raise some in my garden and share with any of you that want any.Looks like a good link Liz, I'm all for...
    Well done Liz! I know where some plants are and they look to be very vulnerable by a pavement in town. Will try to get some seeds or even offsets if possible. If succesful I will raise some in my garden and share with any of you that want...
    Well done Liz! I know where some plants are and they look to be very vulnerable by a pavement in town. Will try to get some seeds or even offsets if possible. If succesful I will raise some...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. HarryS

Stump Killer Yes or No ?

It's OK Verdun , I have a talent for killing any plant ! :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Billi

Homemade nettle soup as fertiliser

It should be quite high by now, even vintage. Id still use it but make some fresh stuff as well, not sure if it retains all its nutrients.
    It should be quite high by now, even vintage. Id still use it but make some fresh stuff as well, not sure if it retains all its nutrients.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice