1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↑
  1. Jack Sparrow

Alstroemeria

Alstroemeria 'Little Eleanor' (Peruvian Lily) | Peter Beales Roses - the World Leaders in Shrub, Climbing, Rambling and Standard Classic Roses@Spruce Good Call. I'll keep my eye on this...
    Alstroemeria 'Little Eleanor' (Peruvian Lily) | Peter Beales Roses - the World Leaders in Shrub, Climbing, Rambling and Standard Classic Roses@Spruce Good Call. I'll keep my eye on this one.@Verdun Both seem respectable choices. To me daisy shape flowers dont have that wow factor but in...
    Alstroemeria 'Little Eleanor' (Peruvian Lily) | Peter Beales Roses - the World Leaders in Shrub, Climbing, Rambling and Standard Classic Roses@Spruce Good Call. I'll keep my eye on this one.@Verdun Both seem respectable choices. To me daisy...
    Alstroemeria 'Little Eleanor' (Peruvian Lily) | Peter Beales Roses - the World Leaders in Shrub, Climbing, Rambling and Standard Classic Roses@Spruce Good Call. I'll keep my eye on this...
    20190504_120202.jpg s-l1000.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Monty33

Garden/Field Boundary

No problems Monty. Hope all turns out well. Best wishes.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Webmaster
    Funny x 3

Happy World Naked Gardening Day !!

Booo ...... You must try harder :biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. HarryS

Liatris Kobold Transplant ?

Cheers Verdun, I'll do that as soon as all the bulbs show :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. pewe

How many plants can you see

I'd be inclined to casually fling some native wild flower seeds over the fence.:thumbsup:
    I'd be inclined to casually fling some native wild flower seeds over the fence.:thumbsup:
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Cardinal-Red

Phase 2 of my garden - inspire me!

i think you would just need a single cane to take the stem from where you’d planted the clematis to the conifer. From there on it would be able to make its own way up. Maybe a case of directing it...
    i think you would just need a single cane to take the stem from where you’d planted the clematis to the conifer. From there on it would be able to make its own way up. Maybe a case of directing it to run in front, rather than round the back. I would certainly run any additional stems along the...
    i think you would just need a single cane to take the stem from where you’d planted the clematis to the conifer. From there on it would be able to make its own way up. Maybe a case of directing it to run in front, rather than round the back. I...
    i think you would just need a single cane to take the stem from where you’d planted the clematis to the conifer. From there on it would be able to make its own way up. Maybe a case of directing it...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Jack Sparrow

Can these Heuchera be saved

@pete @Purple Streaks @Verdun Thanks. I'll get on it.G
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. wiseowl

Antirrhinum Question

Most everything I grow gets pinched out. As Pete said, it delays flowering a tad but you will get many more flowers on more shoots Freddie.:)
    Most everything I grow gets pinched out. As Pete said, it delays flowering a tad but you will get many more flowers on more shoots Freddie.:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Redwing
    Like x 4

Good News for English Bluebells

Yep, got them blooming in my garden.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Cardinal-Red

When is "too late" to plant some daffodil bulbs?

If you have those bulbs then I would plant them out Cardinal Red., they are unlikely to flower although varieties available now that flower from late summer to early summer. If they sprout then...
    If you have those bulbs then I would plant them out Cardinal Red., they are unlikely to flower although varieties available now that flower from late summer to early summer. If they sprout then feed them. Hopefully they will revert to normal growing and flowering next spring :)
    If you have those bulbs then I would plant them out Cardinal Red., they are unlikely to flower although varieties available now that flower from late summer to early summer. If they sprout then feed them. Hopefully they will revert to normal...
    If you have those bulbs then I would plant them out Cardinal Red., they are unlikely to flower although varieties available now that flower from late summer to early summer. If they sprout then...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. wiseowl

Cistus (Silver Pink)

The climate here seems to be getting more 'Mediterranean' (with added frost ) insofar as everything bursting into flower together in April and May. Thank goodness for roses, lagerstroemias and...
    The climate here seems to be getting more 'Mediterranean' (with added frost ) insofar as everything bursting into flower together in April and May. Thank goodness for roses, lagerstroemias and hibiscus! :biggrin:
    The climate here seems to be getting more 'Mediterranean' (with added frost ) insofar as everything bursting into flower together in April and May. Thank goodness for roses, lagerstroemias and hibiscus! :biggrin:
    The climate here seems to be getting more 'Mediterranean' (with added frost ) insofar as everything bursting into flower together in April and May. Thank goodness for roses, lagerstroemias and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. GardeningNewbie

When to dead head Senetti

Thank you @Marley Farley
    Thank you @Marley Farley
    Thank you @Marley Farley
    Thank you @Marley Farley
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. GardeningNewbie

Poorly Apricot Tree - Help

Hello GN, it is most likely bacterial canker. Have a look at this link and see if the description fits.Bacterial canker As it's just affecting some branches, using secateurs or loppers dipped in...
    Hello GN, it is most likely bacterial canker. Have a look at this link and see if the description fits.Bacterial canker As it's just affecting some branches, using secateurs or loppers dipped in disinfectant, cut them back to healthy growth. If there's the slightest staining of the interior...
    Hello GN, it is most likely bacterial canker. Have a look at this link and see if the description fits.Bacterial canker As it's just affecting some branches, using secateurs or loppers dipped in disinfectant, cut them back to healthy growth. If...
    Hello GN, it is most likely bacterial canker. Have a look at this link and see if the description fits.Bacterial canker As it's just affecting some branches, using secateurs or loppers dipped in...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Upsydaisy

I D please

Thanks @Perki .....yes it does!!! Wow!! Thanks for that , brilliant :bigthumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Leanne2511

Inherited acer a bit sad

Heavy rainfall overnight Verdun :) thank you!
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Steve R

Turkish Plant id

Just to complete this topic, here are some photo's of the flowers.Thank you very much for all of your input, it is much appreciated.Steve...:)
    Just to complete this topic, here are some photo's of the flowers.Thank you very much for all of your input, it is much appreciated.Steve...:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Jack Sparrow

Callistemon Splendens

I've grown it years ago, but only on the house wall, its one of the more tender Callistemons I think you will find. I dont think it stands much chance of surviving a winter in Peterborough in a...
    I've grown it years ago, but only on the house wall, its one of the more tender Callistemons I think you will find. I dont think it stands much chance of surviving a winter in Peterborough in a pot especially. There are hardier species than splendens, which I have. @strongylodon is pretty...
    I've grown it years ago, but only on the house wall, its one of the more tender Callistemons I think you will find. I dont think it stands much chance of surviving a winter in Peterborough in a pot especially. There are hardier species than...
    I've grown it years ago, but only on the house wall, its one of the more tender Callistemons I think you will find. I dont think it stands much chance of surviving a winter in Peterborough in a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Katherine

Acer in trouble - please help

I think I would want to read-pot so as I could check the root ball.. Vine weevil damage has crossed my mind looking at your pics again.. I think I would report not by much only going up a couple...
    I think I would want to read-pot so as I could check the root ball.. Vine weevil damage has crossed my mind looking at your pics again.. I think I would report not by much only going up a couple of sizes I think.. While you are repotting it check base of rootball for vine weevil grubs.. They...
    I think I would want to read-pot so as I could check the root ball.. Vine weevil damage has crossed my mind looking at your pics again.. I think I would report not by much only going up a couple of sizes I think.. While you are repotting it check...
    I think I would want to read-pot so as I could check the root ball.. Vine weevil damage has crossed my mind looking at your pics again.. I think I would report not by much only going up a couple...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. gardening gloves

'crisp' leaves on photinia 'little red robin'.......!

Hi,Probably as @pete says, but it might also be partly due to being too dry, we generally have had very little rain over winter.Give it a good watering and feed and perhaps some compost/mulch...
    Hi,Probably as @pete says, but it might also be partly due to being too dry, we generally have had very little rain over winter.Give it a good watering and feed and perhaps some compost/mulch around its base and see how it goes, this time of year its normally growing fast and putting out...
    Hi,Probably as @pete says, but it might also be partly due to being too dry, we generally have had very little rain over winter.Give it a good watering and feed and perhaps some compost/mulch around its base and see how it goes, this time of...
    Hi,Probably as @pete says, but it might also be partly due to being too dry, we generally have had very little rain over winter.Give it a good watering and feed and perhaps some compost/mulch...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. ricky101

Hydrangea macrophylla (teller)

Hi ricky 101, You can buy granules (Hydrangea Colourant) at Wyevale that you mix with water to keep the PH around 4. I feed mine with Ericaceous feed.
    Hi ricky 101, You can buy granules (Hydrangea Colourant) at Wyevale that you mix with water to keep the PH around 4. I feed mine with Ericaceous feed.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice