1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title ↓
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. RichardHollis

Back pain in the Garden

Hi everyone,I too get a sore/painful back like many of you after gardening, although I work full-time during the weekends I spend a lot of my afternoons at my allotment. I'm often twisting...
    Hi everyone,I too get a sore/painful back like many of you after gardening, although I work full-time during the weekends I spend a lot of my afternoons at my allotment. I'm often twisting and bending in ways that I know I shouldn't but I don't realise straight away and often the damage is...
    Hi everyone,I too get a sore/painful back like many of you after gardening, although I work full-time during the weekends I spend a lot of my afternoons at my allotment. I'm often twisting and bending in ways that I know I shouldn't but I...
    Hi everyone,I too get a sore/painful back like many of you after gardening, although I work full-time during the weekends I spend a lot of my afternoons at my allotment. I'm often twisting...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Ben James

Back garden advice

It was simon n's garden - threads are here and here showing end results.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Kathy3

back garden

Well Kathy3 Im very impressed! What ever your doing, your doing a great job.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. lakeside

Back from the Dead

Beware if you use Verdone or similar on your lawn to kill the weeds - clippings shouldn't then be used for a mulch
    Beware if you use Verdone or similar on your lawn to kill the weeds - clippings shouldn't then be used for a mulch
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Rich

Back from my world tour

Hi Rich! Welcome back to GC - Co Durham is a great area isn't it? As for the rain, since the heatwave subsided it has hardly stopped!Look forward to some pics of your world tour.
    Hi Rich! Welcome back to GC - Co Durham is a great area isn't it? As for the rain, since the heatwave subsided it has hardly stopped!Look forward to some pics of your world tour.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. young996

Back filling trench & raised bed

It would be the perfect time to do it in my opinion, AND digging some more in when the topsoil arrives too. Can`t have too much cr*p in my opinion lol. The green ripple Ivy is one of my...
    It would be the perfect time to do it in my opinion, AND digging some more in when the topsoil arrives too. Can`t have too much cr*p in my opinion lol. The green ripple Ivy is one of my favourite ivys (or is it ivies?? you wouldn`t think I had any qualifications) -a dropdead gorgeous leaf...
    It would be the perfect time to do it in my opinion, AND digging some more in when the topsoil arrives too. Can`t have too much cr*p in my opinion lol. The green ripple Ivy is one of my favourite ivys (or is it ivies?? you wouldn`t think I had...
    It would be the perfect time to do it in my opinion, AND digging some more in when the topsoil arrives too. Can`t have too much cr*p in my opinion lol. The green ripple Ivy is one of my...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Jocko

Back after a long layoff.

Hi @Jocko - I'm also a 'new' ish member here. Hope your health continues to improve and you get some decent weather for your gardening exploits. Take it easy :) Looking at your pix, I also think...
    Hi @Jocko - I'm also a 'new' ish member here. Hope your health continues to improve and you get some decent weather for your gardening exploits. Take it easy :) Looking at your pix, I also think rats are the most likely reason, as they can certainly get through samll gaps, and make the most of...
    Hi @Jocko - I'm also a 'new' ish member here. Hope your health continues to improve and you get some decent weather for your gardening exploits. Take it easy :) Looking at your pix, I also think rats are the most likely reason, as they can...
    Hi @Jocko - I'm also a 'new' ish member here. Hope your health continues to improve and you get some decent weather for your gardening exploits. Take it easy :) Looking at your pix, I also think...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. RachelN76

baby sweetcorn or mange tout

Thanks Kristen - try as I might, I couldn't remember the name of the "fat" mange tout peas!
    Thanks Kristen - try as I might, I couldn't remember the name of the "fat" mange tout peas!
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Selleri

Baby plants, when to plant and how to grow.

My votes are: Pot them up, and plant out a bit later; don't cut anything off
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. jw_universe

Baby pineapple plant! What to do?

Oh dear, it's not looking too good now. Maybe it is too cold even in the house? Its leaves are drying out and going brown and crispy from the outside in! :(
    Oh dear, it's not looking too good now. Maybe it is too cold even in the house? Its leaves are drying out and going brown and crispy from the outside in! :(
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. oakdaledave

Baby bath

Hello HarryG1, sorry that’s not strictly true. ANY plant will keep the pond water clear IF there is enough of it.You have to understand why it turns green in order to understand how you can stop...
    Hello HarryG1, sorry that’s not strictly true. ANY plant will keep the pond water clear IF there is enough of it.You have to understand why it turns green in order to understand how you can stop it.Water turns green because of an algae, the algae lives on nutrients in the water and sunlight....
    Hello HarryG1, sorry that’s not strictly true. ANY plant will keep the pond water clear IF there is enough of it.You have to understand why it turns green in order to understand how you can stop it.Water turns green because of an algae, the...
    Hello HarryG1, sorry that’s not strictly true. ANY plant will keep the pond water clear IF there is enough of it.You have to understand why it turns green in order to understand how you can stop...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. lindyco

Baby agapanthus - no-gro!

Thanks folks. I'll wait and hope for some results. Lindy
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Glynne Williams
    Like x 3

B-ware!! - great seedlings

Well folks they've started germinating! One, the brassica, up in just a few days and look normal. Another , I thought was a digitalis by the size, has also shown but don't think is a foxglove as...
    Well folks they've started germinating! One, the brassica, up in just a few days and look normal. Another , I thought was a digitalis by the size, has also shown but don't think is a foxglove as germinated in 7days - usually take 14 days! Whatever it is, it's fresh! Another similar, so must wait...
    Well folks they've started germinating! One, the brassica, up in just a few days and look normal. Another , I thought was a digitalis by the size, has also shown but don't think is a foxglove as germinated in 7days - usually take 14 days!...
    Well folks they've started germinating! One, the brassica, up in just a few days and look normal. Another , I thought was a digitalis by the size, has also shown but don't think is a foxglove as...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. PeterS

B&T World Seeds

Well I will buy F1 hybrid seed sometimes and can appreciate that that it is difficult to produce, but generally they do what they say. However one firm describes the Himalayan blue poppy as...
    Well I will buy F1 hybrid seed sometimes and can appreciate that that it is difficult to produce, but generally they do what they say. However one firm describes the Himalayan blue poppy as difficult to germinate, when it isn't. So novice gardeners buy this seed. When it doesn't come up they...
    Well I will buy F1 hybrid seed sometimes and can appreciate that that it is difficult to produce, but generally they do what they say. However one firm describes the Himalayan blue poppy as difficult to germinate, when it isn't. So novice...
    Well I will buy F1 hybrid seed sometimes and can appreciate that that it is difficult to produce, but generally they do what they say. However one firm describes the Himalayan blue poppy as...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Osbaldwick

B&Q this weekend

Yes I've seen that. If I need anything from B&Q I usually go on "old people's 10% off day " but I'm tempted to get another PIR lamp for the side of the house. We have a porch light outside the...
    Yes I've seen that. If I need anything from B&Q I usually go on "old people's 10% off day " but I'm tempted to get another PIR lamp for the side of the house. We have a porch light outside the kitchen door (we don't use that door now as there's now three small naffin' pedal bins on the mat in...
    Yes I've seen that. If I need anything from B&Q I usually go on "old people's 10% off day " but I'm tempted to get another PIR lamp for the side of the house. We have a porch light outside the kitchen door (we don't use that door now as there's...
    Yes I've seen that. If I need anything from B&Q I usually go on "old people's 10% off day " but I'm tempted to get another PIR lamp for the side of the house. We have a porch light outside the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. ARMANDII
    Like x 6

B&Q PULL PESTICIDE

What a great idea noisette. And it won't harm the bees. I will do that when the sap becomes active, thank you, Jenny
    What a great idea noisette. And it won't harm the bees. I will do that when the sap becomes active, thank you, Jenny
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. gardenlearner

B&Q plants

HI gardenlearner, I find the cost of the plants are quite competative compared to some garden centres I have been to, although I do find that There isn't much variety year after year, always the...
    HI gardenlearner, I find the cost of the plants are quite competative compared to some garden centres I have been to, although I do find that There isn't much variety year after year, always the same plantsregards
    HI gardenlearner, I find the cost of the plants are quite competative compared to some garden centres I have been to, although I do find that There isn't much variety year after year, always the same plantsregards
    HI gardenlearner, I find the cost of the plants are quite competative compared to some garden centres I have been to, although I do find that There isn't much variety year after year, always the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Selleri
    Like x 6

B&Q gardener of the year- hats off!

@JWK I always think of Chelsea a bit like I think of a fashion show. The problem isn't the show, it's people copying it without using their imagination and putting their own twist on it, being a...
    @JWK I always think of Chelsea a bit like I think of a fashion show. The problem isn't the show, it's people copying it without using their imagination and putting their own twist on it, being a tad more subtle in their own style and understanding that the show and the high street are two very...
    @JWK I always think of Chelsea a bit like I think of a fashion show. The problem isn't the show, it's people copying it without using their imagination and putting their own twist on it, being a tad more subtle in their own style and...
    @JWK I always think of Chelsea a bit like I think of a fashion show. The problem isn't the show, it's people copying it without using their imagination and putting their own twist on it, being a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. daitheplant

B&Q

If I get the chance Friday, I`ll nip in and take a photo.:gnthb: I agree with you Pam, I would NEVER pay that amount for wellies.:D
    If I get the chance Friday, I`ll nip in and take a photo.:gnthb: I agree with you Pam, I would NEVER pay that amount for wellies.:D
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Jack McHammocklashing

B&M MPC Plus life £1.99 40Ltr

A trip to B&M on the morrow me thinketh....Steve
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice