1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. geoff

Storing Bulbs

Haha - thanks Dendy! When someone used "Mrs T" as a username, it suddenly inspired me for a change of avatar! I'll probably be "pitying the fools" who don't clear their weeds out etc from now on! ;)
    Haha - thanks Dendy! When someone used "Mrs T" as a username, it suddenly inspired me for a change of avatar! I'll probably be "pitying the fools" who don't clear their weeds out etc from now on! ;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Paladin

Make do!

i borrowed a good tool from next plot holder to ours yesterday. i was stood frowning across at all the weeds growing where my taties are and he mut have taken pity on me cause the next thing he...
    i borrowed a good tool from next plot holder to ours yesterday. i was stood frowning across at all the weeds growing where my taties are and he mut have taken pity on me cause the next thing he was beside me showing me his implement :D hed fixed this giant three clawed talon thingy to a broom...
    i borrowed a good tool from next plot holder to ours yesterday. i was stood frowning across at all the weeds growing where my taties are and he mut have taken pity on me cause the next thing he was beside me showing me his implement :D hed...
    i borrowed a good tool from next plot holder to ours yesterday. i was stood frowning across at all the weeds growing where my taties are and he mut have taken pity on me cause the next thing he...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Stingo

Peony help - Bowl of Beauty

Thanks Palustris I will get some today, thought it may benefit from dividing but apparantly they don't like to be moved?
    Thanks Palustris I will get some today, thought it may benefit from dividing but apparantly they don't like to be moved?
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. windy miller

suitable plants for a windy garden

Steve, As your coming down to Kernow so soon you really must take a visit to Trebah Gardens. It's the most fantasic garden on the planet and is looking spectacular at this time of year with all...
    Steve, As your coming down to Kernow so soon you really must take a visit to Trebah Gardens. It's the most fantasic garden on the planet and is looking spectacular at this time of year with all the Rhodis flowering. Went there yesterday for peace and inspiration and a picnic on the beach. We go...
    Steve, As your coming down to Kernow so soon you really must take a visit to Trebah Gardens. It's the most fantasic garden on the planet and is looking spectacular at this time of year with all the Rhodis flowering. Went there yesterday for peace...
    Steve, As your coming down to Kernow so soon you really must take a visit to Trebah Gardens. It's the most fantasic garden on the planet and is looking spectacular at this time of year with all...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. tonibunny

How to attract birds to brand new garden?

One for sorrow, Two for joy Three for a girl, Four for a boy Five for silver, Six for gold Seven for a secret never to be told, Eights a wish, Nines a kiss, Tens a bird you must not miss, Magpie.
    One for sorrow, Two for joy Three for a girl, Four for a boy Five for silver, Six for gold Seven for a secret never to be told, Eights a wish, Nines a kiss, Tens a bird you must not miss, Magpie.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. BrianT

Hawthorn Hedge.

Brian congratulations and I know the buzz when they first flower. I planted hawthorne whips that very quickly grew into small trees - but I too waited 8 years until they finally flowered. Worth...
    Brian congratulations and I know the buzz when they first flower. I planted hawthorne whips that very quickly grew into small trees - but I too waited 8 years until they finally flowered. Worth waiting for though and the birds love the fruit.
    Brian congratulations and I know the buzz when they first flower. I planted hawthorne whips that very quickly grew into small trees - but I too waited 8 years until they finally flowered. Worth waiting for though and the birds love the fruit.
    Brian congratulations and I know the buzz when they first flower. I planted hawthorne whips that very quickly grew into small trees - but I too waited 8 years until they finally flowered. Worth...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Jaycee

flowers

Thanks to all for the advice. I have taken it onboard and planted a selection of your recommendations, I look forward to seeing how they fare. Thanks again Jaycee.
    Thanks to all for the advice. I have taken it onboard and planted a selection of your recommendations, I look forward to seeing how they fare. Thanks again Jaycee.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Hedgetrimmer

Bark mulch as weed control

I have used bark mulch for 2 or 3 years without any problem. However it does its job very efficiently and stops things self seeding. Some plants are short lived and it is the self seeding that...
    I have used bark mulch for 2 or 3 years without any problem. However it does its job very efficiently and stops things self seeding. Some plants are short lived and it is the self seeding that keeps the line going. But that is stopped with a thick mulch.
    I have used bark mulch for 2 or 3 years without any problem. However it does its job very efficiently and stops things self seeding. Some plants are short lived and it is the self seeding that keeps the line going. But that is stopped with a...
    I have used bark mulch for 2 or 3 years without any problem. However it does its job very efficiently and stops things self seeding. Some plants are short lived and it is the self seeding that...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Hornbeam

Woad

I have some of this allthough mine isnt in flower yet..it smells lovely..
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Waco

Sucessional Planting

The secret of successional planting must be to find plants that flower early, then die away completely and allow a later flowering plant to take over. There are loads of later flowering plants -...
    The secret of successional planting must be to find plants that flower early, then die away completely and allow a later flowering plant to take over. There are loads of later flowering plants - but its finding the earlies that is the problem.Tonight, on Gardener's World, they mentioned...
    The secret of successional planting must be to find plants that flower early, then die away completely and allow a later flowering plant to take over. There are loads of later flowering plants - but its finding the earlies that is the...
    The secret of successional planting must be to find plants that flower early, then die away completely and allow a later flowering plant to take over. There are loads of later flowering plants -...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. The Pea Of Sweetness

Any ideas for a nice sweet smelling climber

Waheyy! the ladies back!!Nice one for that, i'll have nosey!
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. The Pea Of Sweetness

Thought i'd show you my Clematis as it looks so nice!

10 !!! :eek: as in ten... no I bought just the one in Sainsburys last year gave it a lot of attention it looks like it is going to repay me have U seen it in flower?
    10 !!! :eek: as in ten... no I bought just the one in Sainsburys last year gave it a lot of attention it looks like it is going to repay me have U seen it in flower?
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. berry

Eryngium??

What I'd do, is pop it in another small pot to see what it does just in case it turns into a magical plant - and use your container for your seedlings.
    What I'd do, is pop it in another small pot to see what it does just in case it turns into a magical plant - and use your container for your seedlings.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. wishaw

Do you think we worked hard?

Dave, I think as Wishaw and Papajo said the most important thing is safety. That means a decent distance from house, fences etc. Having said that you don't have to have a huge, out of control...
    Dave, I think as Wishaw and Papajo said the most important thing is safety. That means a decent distance from house, fences etc. Having said that you don't have to have a huge, out of control type, bonfire. My fires were never much larger than the fire that you have in a fireplace. I made a...
    Dave, I think as Wishaw and Papajo said the most important thing is safety. That means a decent distance from house, fences etc. Having said that you don't have to have a huge, out of control type, bonfire. My fires were never much larger than...
    Dave, I think as Wishaw and Papajo said the most important thing is safety. That means a decent distance from house, fences etc. Having said that you don't have to have a huge, out of control...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. pete

Geranium Maderense

They are self supporting Fran, the old leaf stalks bend down and support the stem. I'm not sure but I think its only Maderense and Anemonifolium (palmatum) that does this.
    They are self supporting Fran, the old leaf stalks bend down and support the stem. I'm not sure but I think its only Maderense and Anemonifolium (palmatum) that does this.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. lazy-gardener

mining bees??

There were just a few about today before the heavens opened up and the pics I did manage have not come out well so I won't post them. I'll try again on Monday(Mutters dark mutterings about...
    There were just a few about today before the heavens opened up and the pics I did manage have not come out well so I won't post them. I'll try again on Monday(Mutters dark mutterings about stupid auto focus cameras! :mad: )
    There were just a few about today before the heavens opened up and the pics I did manage have not come out well so I won't post them. I'll try again on Monday(Mutters dark mutterings about stupid auto focus cameras! :mad: )
    There were just a few about today before the heavens opened up and the pics I did manage have not come out well so I won't post them. I'll try again on Monday(Mutters dark mutterings about...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Rich

Took a day off from the garden today...

The first time I heard of toad lilies was at this site. I saw pictures and had to have some.
    The first time I heard of toad lilies was at this site. I saw pictures and had to have some.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. gordon246

camelia blooms browning + dropping off !

hi fran & bubblyso sorry for the delay in replying, i've been away on holiday.MANY, MANY THANKS , it would appear that bubbly has identified the problem.looks like i've got a bit of a...
    hi fran & bubblyso sorry for the delay in replying, i've been away on holiday.MANY, MANY THANKS , it would appear that bubbly has identified the problem.looks like i've got a bit of a problem on my hands !!!thanks again.Gordon.
    hi fran & bubblyso sorry for the delay in replying, i've been away on holiday.MANY, MANY THANKS , it would appear that bubbly has identified the problem.looks like i've got a bit of a problem on my hands !!!thanks again.Gordon.
    hi fran & bubblyso sorry for the delay in replying, i've been away on holiday.MANY, MANY THANKS , it would appear that bubbly has identified the problem.looks like i've got a bit of a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Claris

Contaminated Soil ?????

I work for a local authority and one of the things my colleagues do is concerning contaminated land. I think its a fairly safe bet to say that when plans were afoot to build your house the prior...
    I work for a local authority and one of the things my colleagues do is concerning contaminated land. I think its a fairly safe bet to say that when plans were afoot to build your house the prior use of the land would have been looked at. If there was any concern then remediation would have been...
    I work for a local authority and one of the things my colleagues do is concerning contaminated land. I think its a fairly safe bet to say that when plans were afoot to build your house the prior use of the land would have been looked at. If there...
    I work for a local authority and one of the things my colleagues do is concerning contaminated land. I think its a fairly safe bet to say that when plans were afoot to build your house the prior...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. robbsy1

Pergola and screen

Looks good now, so think how lovely it will be with plants growing up!
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice