1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title ↓
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. roders

Autumn Crocus

Roders lovely I only have the purple Autumn crocus which I got out of my Mil garden many yrs ago maybe we should do a swap as the two colours would compliment each other.
    Roders lovely I only have the purple Autumn crocus which I got out of my Mil garden many yrs ago maybe we should do a swap as the two colours would compliment each other.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Keinnaf

autumn colour ideas please

My Nasturtium is finally flowering! well Nasturtiums, as I have them all over my garden. I think they look fantastic! Never grown them before this year, exciting! :yess:
    My Nasturtium is finally flowering! well Nasturtiums, as I have them all over my garden. I think they look fantastic! Never grown them before this year, exciting! :yess:
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Victoria Plum

autumn bulbs?

I had discounted crocuses because they are grass like - the leaves emerging in my garden are thicker, like snow drops. I've no clue!
    I had discounted crocuses because they are grass like - the leaves emerging in my garden are thicker, like snow drops. I've no clue!
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Spruce

Autumn Bulb Catalogue's droping through the letterbox.....

Used these people before and been happy...................
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. roders

Autumn baskets 2008

Perfect for this time of the year nice and cheery instead of all this doom in gloom on news.
    Perfect for this time of the year nice and cheery instead of all this doom in gloom on news.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. ARMANDII

AUTUMN ALREADY?????

Apples are turning rosy (might not be the best example, but I was rather hot and bothered this afternoon). And picked some more Blackberries - got 2 punnets today! When the picking builds up...
    Apples are turning rosy (might not be the best example, but I was rather hot and bothered this afternoon). And picked some more Blackberries - got 2 punnets today! When the picking builds up to more than we can eat, everything else will be used for winemaking.
    Apples are turning rosy (might not be the best example, but I was rather hot and bothered this afternoon). And picked some more Blackberries - got 2 punnets today! When the picking builds up to more than we can eat, everything else will be...
    Apples are turning rosy (might not be the best example, but I was rather hot and bothered this afternoon). And picked some more Blackberries - got 2 punnets today! When the picking builds up...
    blackberry1.jpg damson.jpg apples rosy 2014.jpg blackberries 19 july 2014.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. TurnedThespian

Autumn already?!

Well, my Clianthus are forming flower buds, and Canarina canariensis has started to emerge.
    Well, my Clianthus are forming flower buds, and Canarina canariensis has started to emerge.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. pete

Autumn

Got that autumnal smell this morning, especially as it was a clear, sunny but cool morning. Hopefully we'll have a good Indian summer...after the school kids have gone back to school!
    Got that autumnal smell this morning, especially as it was a clear, sunny but cool morning. Hopefully we'll have a good Indian summer...after the school kids have gone back to school!
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Stingo

Autumn

Summer arrived in Cornwall last week and its been even hotter this week , GLORIOUS . Where did that stupid word Autumnal come from . We don`t say Summernal or Winternal do we , it drives me nuts ...
    Summer arrived in Cornwall last week and its been even hotter this week , GLORIOUS . Where did that stupid word Autumnal come from . We don`t say Summernal or Winternal do we , it drives me nuts :rolleyes: :confused: :D
    Summer arrived in Cornwall last week and its been even hotter this week , GLORIOUS . Where did that stupid word Autumnal come from . We don`t say Summernal or Winternal do we , it drives me nuts :rolleyes: :confused: :D
    Summer arrived in Cornwall last week and its been even hotter this week , GLORIOUS . Where did that stupid word Autumnal come from . We don`t say Summernal or Winternal do we , it drives me nuts ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. men8ifr

Automatic watering system - recommendations?

Do you leave it watering all through the summer i.e. when it's raining as well I can imagine it's a pain to turn it off when it rains and remember (or forget) to turn it on again when it stops?
    Do you leave it watering all through the summer i.e. when it's raining as well I can imagine it's a pain to turn it off when it rains and remember (or forget) to turn it on again when it stops?
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. PeterS

Automatic watering system

My watering system is just about finished and I have learnt a few lessons on the way. 1) There are several manufacturers around. The main one is Hozelock, but there is also Claber, Antelco and...
    My watering system is just about finished and I have learnt a few lessons on the way. 1) There are several manufacturers around. The main one is Hozelock, but there is also Claber, Antelco and others. They are all essentially interchangeable, even though some quote slightly different...
    My watering system is just about finished and I have learnt a few lessons on the way. 1) There are several manufacturers around. The main one is Hozelock, but there is also Claber, Antelco and others. They are all essentially interchangeable,...
    My watering system is just about finished and I have learnt a few lessons on the way. 1) There are several manufacturers around. The main one is Hozelock, but there is also Claber, Antelco and...
    2014_07220002.JPG Clipboard.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. dt_student

automatic watering system

Steve Yes, there are a lot of them about :D La Marina is nearby. We are 50KM south of Alicante, and 5KM south of Torrevieja. Here is a map from Google Earth. The nearest beach is at La...
    Steve Yes, there are a lot of them about :D La Marina is nearby. We are 50KM south of Alicante, and 5KM south of Torrevieja. Here is a map from Google Earth. The nearest beach is at La Zenia.As you can see we are just into the rough :D :D
    Steve Yes, there are a lot of them about :D La Marina is nearby. We are 50KM south of Alicante, and 5KM south of Torrevieja. Here is a map from Google Earth. The nearest beach is at La Zenia.As you can see we are just into the rough ...
    Steve Yes, there are a lot of them about :D La Marina is nearby. We are 50KM south of Alicante, and 5KM south of Torrevieja. Here is a map from Google Earth. The nearest beach is at La...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. mims

Automated Watering Systems

leaky box? :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Small flower

Auto water system - not enough pressure?

and put this product code in the Search box1198-20and its six channels, not four :thumb: and each can be garden hose or irrigation pipe - so you could run some larger pipe on your...
    and put this product code in the Search box1198-20and its six channels, not four :thumb: and each can be garden hose or irrigation pipe - so you could run some larger pipe on your mini-sprinkler circuit.They probably cost an arm-and-a-leg though :confused:
    and put this product code in the Search box1198-20and its six channels, not four :thumb: and each can be garden hose or irrigation pipe - so you could run some larger pipe on your mini-sprinkler circuit.They probably cost an...
    and put this product code in the Search box1198-20and its six channels, not four :thumb: and each can be garden hose or irrigation pipe - so you could run some larger pipe on your...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Paladin

Australian snack.

I picked this info up from a web site about poisonous plantsThe common Cherry Laurel (below)- Our garden doctor service was recently asked if the 'cherries' on her evergreen cherry laurel were...
    I picked this info up from a web site about poisonous plantsThe common Cherry Laurel (below)- Our garden doctor service was recently asked if the 'cherries' on her evergreen cherry laurel were ok to eat. Good thing she asked first - they are quite poisonous. (A problem here, is that the edible...
    I picked this info up from a web site about poisonous plantsThe common Cherry Laurel (below)- Our garden doctor service was recently asked if the 'cherries' on her evergreen cherry laurel were ok to eat. Good thing she asked first - they are...
    I picked this info up from a web site about poisonous plantsThe common Cherry Laurel (below)- Our garden doctor service was recently asked if the 'cherries' on her evergreen cherry laurel were...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. cr1tical

Australian Bottle Brush - pruning

Trimming back, or even hard pruning the buddleia will always mean it will grow back to at least the size it was.... so this will be a reoccuring problem. If the bottlebrush isn't too big, can...
    Trimming back, or even hard pruning the buddleia will always mean it will grow back to at least the size it was.... so this will be a reoccuring problem. If the bottlebrush isn't too big, can you think about moving it? Buddleias are difficult to move, but go easily and quickly from...
    Trimming back, or even hard pruning the buddleia will always mean it will grow back to at least the size it was.... so this will be a reoccuring problem. If the bottlebrush isn't too big, can you think about moving it? Buddleias are difficult...
    Trimming back, or even hard pruning the buddleia will always mean it will grow back to at least the size it was.... so this will be a reoccuring problem. If the bottlebrush isn't too big, can...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. JWK

Auriculas

Feed with half strength fertiliser every 10 days or so once the flowers have faded. Unless you want seed then remove the faded flowers, stems and all. Sow any saved seed fresh in standard seed...
    Feed with half strength fertiliser every 10 days or so once the flowers have faded. Unless you want seed then remove the faded flowers, stems and all. Sow any saved seed fresh in standard seed sowing compost covered lightly with grit, Keep them cool and damp,outside somewhere. Other wise...
    Feed with half strength fertiliser every 10 days or so once the flowers have faded. Unless you want seed then remove the faded flowers, stems and all. Sow any saved seed fresh in standard seed sowing compost covered lightly with grit, Keep them...
    Feed with half strength fertiliser every 10 days or so once the flowers have faded. Unless you want seed then remove the faded flowers, stems and all. Sow any saved seed fresh in standard seed...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Victoria Plum

Auricula

Well, in that case I think I will shove them in the border and let them take their chances. For 75p each, just a bot of colour this spring is pretty good value!Thanks Palustris
    Well, in that case I think I will shove them in the border and let them take their chances. For 75p each, just a bot of colour this spring is pretty good value!Thanks Palustris
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Purple Streaks

Auricula

Some lovely colours @Palustris !
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. "M"

August garden plant offers? Share yours.

Their seeds are also 1/2 price now. They will go down to 50p a packet at some point but they are all jumbled up and picked over by then.
    Their seeds are also 1/2 price now. They will go down to 50p a packet at some point but they are all jumbled up and picked over by then.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice