1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Hornbeam

Ents

Eye, eye, something strange there, who nose what that can be Fran. :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. chilli50

alocasia

I have only grown Alocasias under glass so I have no expreience of growing them outside and personally I wouldn't try to. I had never heard of Poly untill your post but looking at pics of it it...
    I have only grown Alocasias under glass so I have no expreience of growing them outside and personally I wouldn't try to. I had never heard of Poly untill your post but looking at pics of it it appears to a hybrid of Amazonica/Sanderiana or similar.I have not grown them for many years so I am...
    I have only grown Alocasias under glass so I have no expreience of growing them outside and personally I wouldn't try to. I had never heard of Poly untill your post but looking at pics of it it appears to a hybrid of Amazonica/Sanderiana or...
    I have only grown Alocasias under glass so I have no expreience of growing them outside and personally I wouldn't try to. I had never heard of Poly untill your post but looking at pics of it it...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Hornbeam

Pasque flowers

The sad thing is that if you take seed from a wild plant (not to be done except with permission) and grow it on in your garden, even then they become bigger.
    The sad thing is that if you take seed from a wild plant (not to be done except with permission) and grow it on in your garden, even then they become bigger.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. pinkfluffysheep

garden help

I think I would be digging up the soil to see what was under it!
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Jaycee

Patio

Thanks to all for the advice. I'll leave it where I can. JC
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Dave Martin

my first shoots

[ 02. May 2006, 08:46 PM: Message edited by: Webmaster ]
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Waco

Dahlia "Dark Desire"

Update - well it looked dead as a dodo a couple of days ago, but when you looked at it close not only were leaves forming but also flowers - on the cuttings!!!So I cut of dead leaves, took out...
    Update - well it looked dead as a dodo a couple of days ago, but when you looked at it close not only were leaves forming but also flowers - on the cuttings!!!So I cut of dead leaves, took out flowers amd I may be in with a slight chance 40/50 optomistic.The re potted mother plant is going...
    Update - well it looked dead as a dodo a couple of days ago, but when you looked at it close not only were leaves forming but also flowers - on the cuttings!!!So I cut of dead leaves, took out flowers amd I may be in with a slight chance 40/50...
    Update - well it looked dead as a dodo a couple of days ago, but when you looked at it close not only were leaves forming but also flowers - on the cuttings!!!So I cut of dead leaves, took out...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. krafty

Camellia??

All good advice so far. I did find this too from crocus. http://www.crocus.co.uk/Catalog/GardenPlants/sale/christmas/?ContentType=Plant_Card&ClassID=617 It gives a fairly good general...
    All good advice so far. I did find this too from crocus. http://www.crocus.co.uk/Catalog/GardenPlants/sale/christmas/?ContentType=Plant_Card&ClassID=617 It gives a fairly good general discription..
    All good advice so far. I did find this too from crocus. http://www.crocus.co.uk/Catalog/GardenPlants/sale/christmas/?ContentType=Plant_Card&ClassID=617 It gives a fairly good general discription..
    All good advice so far. I did find this too from crocus. http://www.crocus.co.uk/Catalog/GardenPlants/sale/christmas/?ContentType=Plant_Card&ClassID=617 It gives a fairly good general...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. hans

swallows

We saw our first on Sunday.. So maybe summer isn't quite so distant after all...... :cool:
    We saw our first on Sunday.. So maybe summer isn't quite so distant after all...... :cool:
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. heppy

weeds

I empathise heppy, I not only have weeds but sheep eating my stuff too!It is as already said a continual battle.
    I empathise heppy, I not only have weeds but sheep eating my stuff too!It is as already said a continual battle.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Pauline3700

Berberis

Hi Waco, Many thanks for the adviceI also had a lovely red broom which I only discovered a few days ago had been broken & died - I suspect the neighbour's kids :mad: - so, i'm sorry to have...
    Hi Waco, Many thanks for the adviceI also had a lovely red broom which I only discovered a few days ago had been broken & died - I suspect the neighbour's kids :mad: - so, i'm sorry to have lost that. I still have two huge yellow ones, one which is right @ my bedroom window & a joy to see...
    Hi Waco, Many thanks for the adviceI also had a lovely red broom which I only discovered a few days ago had been broken & died - I suspect the neighbour's kids :mad: - so, i'm sorry to have lost that. I still have two huge yellow ones, one...
    Hi Waco, Many thanks for the adviceI also had a lovely red broom which I only discovered a few days ago had been broken & died - I suspect the neighbour's kids :mad: - so, i'm sorry to have...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. AmandaClareEmily

Evergreen vigorous climber required

Oh whirlimix - you sound just like my husband now ratteling on about how he is going to maintain same!Well he is not all bad AND at least he does his own ironing!
    Oh whirlimix - you sound just like my husband now ratteling on about how he is going to maintain same!Well he is not all bad AND at least he does his own ironing!
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Hornbeam

orchids

Lovely picture, I will have to go up and see if the flower field (limestone set aside) is flowering yet.
    Lovely picture, I will have to go up and see if the flower field (limestone set aside) is flowering yet.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Just Jo

Shady Patio Pots

How about some ferns in containers as well, helps to make the most of your colour by adding the all important green background, and would be happy in the most shady parts along with those Hostas? ;)
    How about some ferns in containers as well, helps to make the most of your colour by adding the all important green background, and would be happy in the most shady parts along with those Hostas? ;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. wishaw

Raining!

Soil was really nice today after a bit of the wet stuff on it. It's also warming up in the sunshine so I planted out a couple of small trees I'd been holding back.
    Soil was really nice today after a bit of the wet stuff on it. It's also warming up in the sunshine so I planted out a couple of small trees I'd been holding back.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Waco

Violet

Hornbeam, that is a lovely picture of your violets.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. pete

Acacia Pravissima

Thanks - to both of you. I will wait and see. Hopefully there will be some sign of life soon.
    Thanks - to both of you. I will wait and see. Hopefully there will be some sign of life soon.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. AmandaClareEmily

Ivy to cover a wall question

Thanks for your replies!Amanda
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Waco

New fern - very poorley

Stinking after on the beach - mine come back smelling sweetly after all that salt and water! well after it all dries out that is.I wish you luck with Parkers ferns, let me know how you goet on....
    Stinking after on the beach - mine come back smelling sweetly after all that salt and water! well after it all dries out that is.I wish you luck with Parkers ferns, let me know how you goet on. I bought the grasses too and the red one is pathetic, it is in my hospital ward, but could end up...
    Stinking after on the beach - mine come back smelling sweetly after all that salt and water! well after it all dries out that is.I wish you luck with Parkers ferns, let me know how you goet on. I bought the grasses too and the red one is...
    Stinking after on the beach - mine come back smelling sweetly after all that salt and water! well after it all dries out that is.I wish you luck with Parkers ferns, let me know how you goet on....
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. jamie_l

Laying pebbles/chippings

I'd definately dig through the soil to remove any bulbs lurking down there before putting membrane down, from experience, there are always a few left which manage to get though membrane - grrrrrr....
    I'd definately dig through the soil to remove any bulbs lurking down there before putting membrane down, from experience, there are always a few left which manage to get though membrane - grrrrrr. I had to lift membrane to dig out bulbs - which I thought I had removed.
    I'd definately dig through the soil to remove any bulbs lurking down there before putting membrane down, from experience, there are always a few left which manage to get though membrane - grrrrrr. I had to lift membrane to dig out bulbs - which I...
    I'd definately dig through the soil to remove any bulbs lurking down there before putting membrane down, from experience, there are always a few left which manage to get though membrane - grrrrrr....
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice