1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↑
  1. barryman

Leggy pink honeysuckle

It's usually me @Spruce :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. wiseowl

Michaelmas Diasies

I think from google maps it's still there, imagine the shock driving from London, 1960 Ford Anglia, to be confronted with a candle for lights and a wash in the sink with water heated on the range....
    I think from google maps it's still there, imagine the shock driving from London, 1960 Ford Anglia, to be confronted with a candle for lights and a wash in the sink with water heated on the range. It was fun until I had a call from work to say an emergency and get the train back as it was...
    I think from google maps it's still there, imagine the shock driving from London, 1960 Ford Anglia, to be confronted with a candle for lights and a wash in the sink with water heated on the range. It was fun until I had a call from work to say an...
    I think from google maps it's still there, imagine the shock driving from London, 1960 Ford Anglia, to be confronted with a candle for lights and a wash in the sink with water heated on the range....
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. ARMANDII

THE GARDEN OVER THE LAST 2 MONTHS

Too late! I was confused before you started this! :lunapic 130165696578242 5:
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. shiney

WHATS LOOKING GOOD IN JULY 2019

They should be done.
    They should be done.
    They should be done.
    They should be done.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. jervis

Passionflower dropping buds

Too dry maybe,:scratch: or possibly making buds too early, I find they come into their own in this month, august, so still time.
    Too dry maybe,:scratch: or possibly making buds too early, I find they come into their own in this month, august, so still time.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Jiffy
    Like x 4

Well i had a surprize!!

I think I will have to enter it into a spud growing comp :coffee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. KFF

Why has August thread been closed down ?

He never misses when we're in the office and I ask him to pass the biscuits. The last one caught me in the ear! :rolleyespink:
    He never misses when we're in the office and I ask him to pass the biscuits. The last one caught me in the ear! :rolleyespink:
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Snorky85
    Like x 9

Garden visit - Chelsea Physic Garden

Thanks @Snorky85 It looks slightly different to when I last went there - in 1956 :old: :heehee:
    Thanks @Snorky85 It looks slightly different to when I last went there - in 1956 :old: :heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. stuartp22

Re-Growing the Berberis

Excellent Stuartp22 :)By the way, you can shape your Berberis effectively by simple pruning. Those near horizontal branches can be cut back to upward facing buds to encourage vertical growth :)
    Excellent Stuartp22 :)By the way, you can shape your Berberis effectively by simple pruning. Those near horizontal branches can be cut back to upward facing buds to encourage vertical growth :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. snookster

Is this Acer dead

Thanks guys As i think i might well dig it up that could be the start of the digging spot for the koi pond
    Thanks guys As i think i might well dig it up that could be the start of the digging spot for the koi pond
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Ian Taylor
    Friendly x 5

Came home to my garden flooded

it's got the worst thing to be flooded out. I feel for all who suffer it.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. kerrygirl

Clematis

To be honest I haven't been feeding it enough. Thank you for the wake up call.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. ARMANDII
    Like x 16

THE GARDEN OVER THE LAST TWO MONTHS

We also have a few Leycesteria and have never suffered with mildew. :blue thumb: We had some for sale on Open Day. :noidea:
    We also have a few Leycesteria and have never suffered with mildew. :blue thumb: We had some for sale on Open Day. :noidea:
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. hoofy

Where to get soil sample probe

No harm done and you enjoyed discovering what’s there, you can always try again at a later date just to double check. It’s just with lime if you apply it it’s on for a few years and it’s not...
    No harm done and you enjoyed discovering what’s there, you can always try again at a later date just to double check. It’s just with lime if you apply it it’s on for a few years and it’s not something you can rectify easily but a soil test is the only safe option when lime is required.
    No harm done and you enjoyed discovering what’s there, you can always try again at a later date just to double check. It’s just with lime if you apply it it’s on for a few years and it’s not something you can rectify easily but a soil test is...
    No harm done and you enjoyed discovering what’s there, you can always try again at a later date just to double check. It’s just with lime if you apply it it’s on for a few years and it’s not...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Who am I?

Do you plant free seeds?

So do they :biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Julysunshine

‘Weird’ Mexican Sunflowers

Thanks everyone.Definitely a Borage, there’s a flower this morning and definitely not a sunflower :))I was so looking forward to the sunflowers but oh well!x
    Thanks everyone.Definitely a Borage, there’s a flower this morning and definitely not a sunflower :))I was so looking forward to the sunflowers but oh well!x
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. ricky101

Legionnaires' disease

Hi,We keep a bottle sprayer full of water in the greenhouse for spraying the plants, partic some orchids and deliberately let it warm up before use so we do not shock the plants with cold...
    Hi,We keep a bottle sprayer full of water in the greenhouse for spraying the plants, partic some orchids and deliberately let it warm up before use so we do not shock the plants with cold water.It can be a few days before we need to refill the bottle, but we are now wondering if we are...
    Hi,We keep a bottle sprayer full of water in the greenhouse for spraying the plants, partic some orchids and deliberately let it warm up before use so we do not shock the plants with cold water.It can be a few days before we need to refill...
    Hi,We keep a bottle sprayer full of water in the greenhouse for spraying the plants, partic some orchids and deliberately let it warm up before use so we do not shock the plants with cold...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. wiseowl

Buddleja

They're that tough, Woo, I wouldn't think you wouldn't have to knock some concrete up and planting in the hole.................just sit it on the concrete and it'll find a way of growing:hate-shocked::love30::dunno::heehee:
    They're that tough, Woo, I wouldn't think you wouldn't have to knock some concrete up and planting in the hole.................just sit it on the concrete and it'll find a way of growing:hate-shocked::love30::dunno::heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Eric.

Anyone wear safety equipment whilst gardening?

I never used to wear protective clothing etc in the garden. My hands became like leather and hard. Since my brush with cancer I have become more aware asto taking care of myself.I have...
    I never used to wear protective clothing etc in the garden. My hands became like leather and hard. Since my brush with cancer I have become more aware asto taking care of myself.I have suffered with psoriosis for the past sixty years and since the cancer much of my skin id broken. So I use...
    I never used to wear protective clothing etc in the garden. My hands became like leather and hard. Since my brush with cancer I have become more aware asto taking care of myself.I have suffered with psoriosis for the past sixty years and...
    I never used to wear protective clothing etc in the garden. My hands became like leather and hard. Since my brush with cancer I have become more aware asto taking care of myself.I have...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Sam F

New plot, ground advice, please!

Could that be the buried remains of an old vehicular access/hardstanding, and the thin layer of 'soil' the rotted remains of weeds, windblown leaves/dust etc.? Which could mean the clay subsoil...
    Could that be the buried remains of an old vehicular access/hardstanding, and the thin layer of 'soil' the rotted remains of weeds, windblown leaves/dust etc.? Which could mean the clay subsoil underneath is compacted.If raising ground levels take care to ensure they remain at least 150mm...
    Could that be the buried remains of an old vehicular access/hardstanding, and the thin layer of 'soil' the rotted remains of weeds, windblown leaves/dust etc.? Which could mean the clay subsoil underneath is compacted.If raising ground levels...
    Could that be the buried remains of an old vehicular access/hardstanding, and the thin layer of 'soil' the rotted remains of weeds, windblown leaves/dust etc.? Which could mean the clay subsoil...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice