1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Waco

Liverwort?

Thanks all, I am sure I am on the right lines now in my garden, but the hedge bottoms look awfull full of the stuff and I am sure will stop the grass growing. I may be have to drop a hint to the...
    Thanks all, I am sure I am on the right lines now in my garden, but the hedge bottoms look awfull full of the stuff and I am sure will stop the grass growing. I may be have to drop a hint to the boys that look after the grounds.Wildflower, interesting about Hepatica Nobilis. I will try to get...
    Thanks all, I am sure I am on the right lines now in my garden, but the hedge bottoms look awfull full of the stuff and I am sure will stop the grass growing. I may be have to drop a hint to the boys that look after the grounds.Wildflower,...
    Thanks all, I am sure I am on the right lines now in my garden, but the hedge bottoms look awfull full of the stuff and I am sure will stop the grass growing. I may be have to drop a hint to the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. AmandaClareEmily

Garden cloche question

Thank you DaveAmanda
    Thank you DaveAmanda
    Thank you DaveAmanda
    Thank you DaveAmanda
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. AmandaClareEmily

Clematis question

Thank you!
    Thank you!
    Thank you!
    Thank you!
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. conks

Best soil ?

Generally speaking a slightly acid soil like yours will grow almost anything except perhaps dianthus (though they will grow but not really thrive). The acidiy level is not really an indication of...
    Generally speaking a slightly acid soil like yours will grow almost anything except perhaps dianthus (though they will grow but not really thrive). The acidiy level is not really an indication of fertility though. Daft as it sounds, lok at your weeds! The better they grow, especially things like...
    Generally speaking a slightly acid soil like yours will grow almost anything except perhaps dianthus (though they will grow but not really thrive). The acidiy level is not really an indication of fertility though. Daft as it sounds, lok at your...
    Generally speaking a slightly acid soil like yours will grow almost anything except perhaps dianthus (though they will grow but not really thrive). The acidiy level is not really an indication of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. frogesque

Weekend Weather

Hawthorn I think Pete.
    Hawthorn I think Pete.
    Hawthorn I think Pete.
    Hawthorn I think Pete.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Liz

Another daft question?

Thanks again pete, that's very interesting. Must agree about the mud! ;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. chan

another cherry question

If its growing, I'd just let it continue for fun. It would take a long time for it to do anything productive, but who knows what it would turn out to be.
    If its growing, I'd just let it continue for fun. It would take a long time for it to do anything productive, but who knows what it would turn out to be.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. conks

Ph levels after soil testing

A figure of 6.5 is generally quoted as the best pH for soil, simple because most plants are happy there. I do not think that you have any probem at 6. Even if your pH was further from the...
    A figure of 6.5 is generally quoted as the best pH for soil, simple because most plants are happy there. I do not think that you have any probem at 6. Even if your pH was further from the optimum I would still not do anything. It is easier to select the plants to suit the soil rather than...
    A figure of 6.5 is generally quoted as the best pH for soil, simple because most plants are happy there. I do not think that you have any probem at 6. Even if your pH was further from the optimum I would still not do anything. It is easier to...
    A figure of 6.5 is generally quoted as the best pH for soil, simple because most plants are happy there. I do not think that you have any probem at 6. Even if your pH was further from the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Paladin

Stone planter.

By the way,if anyone wants a planter, I have the goods if you have the carriage!... :D
    By the way,if anyone wants a planter, I have the goods if you have the carriage!... :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Lannia

Lost Tulips

Squirrels?
    Squirrels?
    Squirrels?
    Squirrels?
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. AbsoluteBeginner

I know nothing!

There are two types of heather, Spring flowering and Autumn flowering, Spring ones are ok in lime, others like acid.Its great to see you so keen, but take your time, these plants are a huge...
    There are two types of heather, Spring flowering and Autumn flowering, Spring ones are ok in lime, others like acid.Its great to see you so keen, but take your time, these plants are a huge investment, not only in money but growing time and nurture time.dig your bed well do your homework...
    There are two types of heather, Spring flowering and Autumn flowering, Spring ones are ok in lime, others like acid.Its great to see you so keen, but take your time, these plants are a huge investment, not only in money but growing time and...
    There are two types of heather, Spring flowering and Autumn flowering, Spring ones are ok in lime, others like acid.Its great to see you so keen, but take your time, these plants are a huge...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. iveonlygotpots

things growing indoors getting big !!

The chives should be okay outside now..as they are very hardy...you will soon have them multiplying ..and end up like me with them everywhere..
    The chives should be okay outside now..as they are very hardy...you will soon have them multiplying ..and end up like me with them everywhere..
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Liz

watering the garden.

Liz - a quote from another site :-The Temporary Hosepipe Ban provisions of the Water Industry Act 1991 specify only that the use of a hosepipe connected to the mains supply can be restricted. It...
    Liz - a quote from another site :-The Temporary Hosepipe Ban provisions of the Water Industry Act 1991 specify only that the use of a hosepipe connected to the mains supply can be restricted. It is perfectly legal to connect a hosepipe to any reservoir such as a water butt.
    Liz - a quote from another site :-The Temporary Hosepipe Ban provisions of the Water Industry Act 1991 specify only that the use of a hosepipe connected to the mains supply can be restricted. It is perfectly legal to connect a hosepipe to any...
    Liz - a quote from another site :-The Temporary Hosepipe Ban provisions of the Water Industry Act 1991 specify only that the use of a hosepipe connected to the mains supply can be restricted. It...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. amberick

gardens

Go ahead Taffy. I have found the best way to learn is just to get stuck in. Mind you no cheating now - no taking an exotic bloom and carefully tying it to a different set of leaves. :DWhich...
    Go ahead Taffy. I have found the best way to learn is just to get stuck in. Mind you no cheating now - no taking an exotic bloom and carefully tying it to a different set of leaves. :DWhich reminds me of some friends, who has a silver wedding recently. Their children gave them a pair of...
    Go ahead Taffy. I have found the best way to learn is just to get stuck in. Mind you no cheating now - no taking an exotic bloom and carefully tying it to a different set of leaves. :DWhich reminds me of some friends, who has a silver...
    Go ahead Taffy. I have found the best way to learn is just to get stuck in. Mind you no cheating now - no taking an exotic bloom and carefully tying it to a different set of leaves. :DWhich...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Paladin

Easier planter!!

Just been and tied 'em to the supports every nine inches :D :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. dalbuie

mexican orange blossom

Thanks Tortuosa,I think I will take the flower buds off and hope for some quicker growth. The whole plant is getting ready to burst into life,I will try and get a pic when it does.
    Thanks Tortuosa,I think I will take the flower buds off and hope for some quicker growth. The whole plant is getting ready to burst into life,I will try and get a pic when it does.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. pinklady

muscari , grape hyacinth help?

I've found the best way to divide them is to dig up a clump and drop it in the bin.
    I've found the best way to divide them is to dig up a clump and drop it in the bin.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Liz

Aubretia

THanks guys - you just put a name to my most favourite plant in my garden!!! Doesn't go when it gets started!!
    THanks guys - you just put a name to my most favourite plant in my garden!!! Doesn't go when it gets started!!
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Liz

Seed germination

I grow verbena venosa every year (about 500-1200 for the parks obviously) I have never given them any cold treatment only because I have never seen or read any advice on the subject. Half of the...
    I grow verbena venosa every year (about 500-1200 for the parks obviously) I have never given them any cold treatment only because I have never seen or read any advice on the subject. Half of the seed comes up in 2/3 weeks and the rest 2/3 weeks later ... very annoying trying to prick out half a...
    I grow verbena venosa every year (about 500-1200 for the parks obviously) I have never given them any cold treatment only because I have never seen or read any advice on the subject. Half of the seed comes up in 2/3 weeks and the rest 2/3 weeks...
    I grow verbena venosa every year (about 500-1200 for the parks obviously) I have never given them any cold treatment only because I have never seen or read any advice on the subject. Half of the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. The Pea Of Sweetness

Egg shells

No MF, I haven't turned it yet. It's been in for about a month now - I'll give it a dig over this weekend - another job on the ever-increasing Bank Holiday list..! ;)
    No MF, I haven't turned it yet. It's been in for about a month now - I'll give it a dig over this weekend - another job on the ever-increasing Bank Holiday list..! ;)
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice