1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. Hermes

Victoria Plum Pruning

Thanks Fran, I'll try itHermes
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. The Pea Of Sweetness

Any Orchid Expert out there?

i think they hava 2 weeks in them. oh one thing take them out of pot cearfully. and see the under neath see if it wery wet . i think its defenetly a drainege problem. i heard you need to furtulize...
    i think they hava 2 weeks in them. oh one thing take them out of pot cearfully. and see the under neath see if it wery wet . i think its defenetly a drainege problem. i heard you need to furtulize orchid weekly. but you need lots of draineg. its good to furtulize weekly but little. ok dude good...
    i think they hava 2 weeks in them. oh one thing take them out of pot cearfully. and see the under neath see if it wery wet . i think its defenetly a drainege problem. i heard you need to furtulize orchid weekly. but you need lots of draineg. its...
    i think they hava 2 weeks in them. oh one thing take them out of pot cearfully. and see the under neath see if it wery wet . i think its defenetly a drainege problem. i heard you need to furtulize...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. garyclay

Weed removal and soil improvement

I agree with PeterS, this is the best way. planting potatoes in rough ground also helps to break up the soil, even if you dont use the produce, any old sprouting potatoes will do
    I agree with PeterS, this is the best way. planting potatoes in rough ground also helps to break up the soil, even if you dont use the produce, any old sprouting potatoes will do
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. maureenmcd

Advice on levelling please

I've done a similar area in the past and i pegged it out as descibed prev to get it level, laid the membrane,cut out a circle in the membrane to 3 inches smaller than the stone circle i intended...
    I've done a similar area in the past and i pegged it out as descibed prev to get it level, laid the membrane,cut out a circle in the membrane to 3 inches smaller than the stone circle i intended to lay, then laid a dry sand/cement mixture, to about 2 inches thick upon which i laid the circle.Hey...
    I've done a similar area in the past and i pegged it out as descibed prev to get it level, laid the membrane,cut out a circle in the membrane to 3 inches smaller than the stone circle i intended to lay, then laid a dry sand/cement mixture, to...
    I've done a similar area in the past and i pegged it out as descibed prev to get it level, laid the membrane,cut out a circle in the membrane to 3 inches smaller than the stone circle i intended...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. The Pea Of Sweetness

Unhappy Honeysuckle

well, when i say wood i mean not green!!! seems like its dying at the ends.I'll see how it goes, it nothing changes i think i'll move it.
    well, when i say wood i mean not green!!! seems like its dying at the ends.I'll see how it goes, it nothing changes i think i'll move it.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. The Pea Of Sweetness

Teracotta Boot

plant gell dude
    plant gell dude
    plant gell dude
    plant gell dude
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Charlie

Fuschia - what has happened!?

Good luck - thalia is lovely. Unfortunately I've notiticed the last couple of years, Kinder plants who supply the tot plants - has stopped doing Thalia. Sad cos the one they now do is nothing like...
    Good luck - thalia is lovely. Unfortunately I've notiticed the last couple of years, Kinder plants who supply the tot plants - has stopped doing Thalia. Sad cos the one they now do is nothing like as good. Fortunately I have cuttings in addition to overwintered plants.
    Good luck - thalia is lovely. Unfortunately I've notiticed the last couple of years, Kinder plants who supply the tot plants - has stopped doing Thalia. Sad cos the one they now do is nothing like as good. Fortunately I have cuttings in addition...
    Good luck - thalia is lovely. Unfortunately I've notiticed the last couple of years, Kinder plants who supply the tot plants - has stopped doing Thalia. Sad cos the one they now do is nothing like...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. mr piles

ivy advice needed...

I may be got this wrong, but I read the ground cover as Ivey?Varigated with small leaves could be gold heart, I recently planted one called Joker with jagged leaves, small variagated but a real...
    I may be got this wrong, but I read the ground cover as Ivey?Varigated with small leaves could be gold heart, I recently planted one called Joker with jagged leaves, small variagated but a real poor dooer.As Pete says, depends on variety, I did at my first house have a picture of Iveys...
    I may be got this wrong, but I read the ground cover as Ivey?Varigated with small leaves could be gold heart, I recently planted one called Joker with jagged leaves, small variagated but a real poor dooer.As Pete says, depends on variety, I...
    I may be got this wrong, but I read the ground cover as Ivey?Varigated with small leaves could be gold heart, I recently planted one called Joker with jagged leaves, small variagated but a real...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. traceyg

cup and saucer plant

thanks very much peeps, i will pinch them out and yes will definately sow them later next year. and will leave them in till mid may should be ok by then hopefully in kent. i brought a morning...
    thanks very much peeps, i will pinch them out and yes will definately sow them later next year. and will leave them in till mid may should be ok by then hopefully in kent. i brought a morning glory plant last year which done amazing on a north wall up some trelis. so have grown some this...
    thanks very much peeps, i will pinch them out and yes will definately sow them later next year. and will leave them in till mid may should be ok by then hopefully in kent. i brought a morning glory plant last year which done amazing on a north...
    thanks very much peeps, i will pinch them out and yes will definately sow them later next year. and will leave them in till mid may should be ok by then hopefully in kent. i brought a morning...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. mr piles

lonicera nitida (baggenson's gold)

I grow three forms of Lonicera, gold, green and silver. the silver I keep as specimin, but is a real pain as it keeps reverting to green! Green is easy, and then there is my gold hedge.Lonicera...
    I grow three forms of Lonicera, gold, green and silver. the silver I keep as specimin, but is a real pain as it keeps reverting to green! Green is easy, and then there is my gold hedge.Lonicera has a very lax habit and needs to be kept well trimmed to prevent open habbit. I suspect you have...
    I grow three forms of Lonicera, gold, green and silver. the silver I keep as specimin, but is a real pain as it keeps reverting to green! Green is easy, and then there is my gold hedge.Lonicera has a very lax habit and needs to be kept well...
    I grow three forms of Lonicera, gold, green and silver. the silver I keep as specimin, but is a real pain as it keeps reverting to green! Green is easy, and then there is my gold hedge.Lonicera...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Charlie

Viburnum after flowering?

I agree, won't give you more flowers, but pruning, or removing dead heads after flowering is fine - they do form berries but I don't find them particularly attractive. .
    I agree, won't give you more flowers, but pruning, or removing dead heads after flowering is fine - they do form berries but I don't find them particularly attractive. .
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. sevenoaksgardener

RHS Exams

see page 5 on the pdf file! http://www.rhs.org.uk/learning/education/documents/level2syllabus.pdfif link doesn't work, go to http://www.rhs.org.uk and follow the steps, learnig, then exams,...
    see page 5 on the pdf file! http://www.rhs.org.uk/learning/education/documents/level2syllabus.pdfif link doesn't work, go to http://www.rhs.org.uk and follow the steps, learnig, then exams, then gen cert level 2, and get the pdf file for the syllabus - and page 5 there. Have fun!
    see page 5 on the pdf file! http://www.rhs.org.uk/learning/education/documents/level2syllabus.pdfif link doesn't work, go to http://www.rhs.org.uk and follow the steps, learnig, then exams, then gen cert level 2, and get the pdf file for the...
    see page 5 on the pdf file! http://www.rhs.org.uk/learning/education/documents/level2syllabus.pdfif link doesn't work, go to http://www.rhs.org.uk and follow the steps, learnig, then exams,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. roger clements

BLIND DAFFODILS

WE were told when our daffs did not flower too not cut down, just dead head, and feed with Tomato food, every week for about six weeks, and if still no luck move. wheelie.
    WE were told when our daffs did not flower too not cut down, just dead head, and feed with Tomato food, every week for about six weeks, and if still no luck move. wheelie.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. lazy-gardener

whahay!!! the pergola is up!

Yor back then peter, I nipped out the seed head from my nacissus rupicola - are you interested in having a go with it, I could easily pop it in the post.
    Yor back then peter, I nipped out the seed head from my nacissus rupicola - are you interested in having a go with it, I could easily pop it in the post.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. The Pea Of Sweetness

Perennials

Pea of Sweetness - I presume you'd like some low-growing stuff to trail over the sides as well as stuff higher up? If so, there are lots of things that do the job. Do what I've recommende to...
    Pea of Sweetness - I presume you'd like some low-growing stuff to trail over the sides as well as stuff higher up? If so, there are lots of things that do the job. Do what I've recommende to lots of people, use the RHS plant selector. Follow the link, and fill in as many boxes as you like...
    Pea of Sweetness - I presume you'd like some low-growing stuff to trail over the sides as well as stuff higher up? If so, there are lots of things that do the job. Do what I've recommende to lots of people, use the RHS plant selector. Follow...
    Pea of Sweetness - I presume you'd like some low-growing stuff to trail over the sides as well as stuff higher up? If so, there are lots of things that do the job. Do what I've recommende to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Paladin

Stone planter.

By the way,if anyone wants a planter, I have the goods if you have the carriage!... :D
    By the way,if anyone wants a planter, I have the goods if you have the carriage!... :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. gibbinsk

Annuals for late July wedding

Thanks for the advice, looks like busy lizzies are the way to go or a cheap florist! Thanks!
    Thanks for the advice, looks like busy lizzies are the way to go or a cheap florist! Thanks!
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. wheelie

laural bush

On the bush itself or on the soil?
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. marge

Pruning my fuschia

Oh thats great - thanks - I have to get some rose fertilizer so will give the fuschia a drop too
    Oh thats great - thanks - I have to get some rose fertilizer so will give the fuschia a drop too
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Paladin

Make do!

i borrowed a good tool from next plot holder to ours yesterday. i was stood frowning across at all the weeds growing where my taties are and he mut have taken pity on me cause the next thing he...
    i borrowed a good tool from next plot holder to ours yesterday. i was stood frowning across at all the weeds growing where my taties are and he mut have taken pity on me cause the next thing he was beside me showing me his implement :D hed fixed this giant three clawed talon thingy to a broom...
    i borrowed a good tool from next plot holder to ours yesterday. i was stood frowning across at all the weeds growing where my taties are and he mut have taken pity on me cause the next thing he was beside me showing me his implement :D hed...
    i borrowed a good tool from next plot holder to ours yesterday. i was stood frowning across at all the weeds growing where my taties are and he mut have taken pity on me cause the next thing he...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice