1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title ↓
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. fumanchu

Astrantia

Maybe garden compost if you have any or know anyone who makes it? MPC would probably be too light for astrantias.Nick
    Maybe garden compost if you have any or know anyone who makes it? MPC would probably be too light for astrantias.Nick
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. uncletom

Astrantia

I don't think there is a problem UncleTom. I have several that are very reliable, but I bought a new one 'Mrs Gill Richardson' a couple of years ago and it took a little while to settle down. I...
    I don't think there is a problem UncleTom. I have several that are very reliable, but I bought a new one 'Mrs Gill Richardson' a couple of years ago and it took a little while to settle down. I don't think it flowered the first year.
    I don't think there is a problem UncleTom. I have several that are very reliable, but I bought a new one 'Mrs Gill Richardson' a couple of years ago and it took a little while to settle down. I don't think it flowered the first year.
    I don't think there is a problem UncleTom. I have several that are very reliable, but I bought a new one 'Mrs Gill Richardson' a couple of years ago and it took a little while to settle down. I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Layla 2

Astrantia

Thank you very much for your help PeterS.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Victoria Plum

Astrantia

Yes I would agree with SussexG. Any plant you have bought will already have a root system and should flower. As opposed to a seedling that still has to develop a root system.Actually to be...
    Yes I would agree with SussexG. Any plant you have bought will already have a root system and should flower. As opposed to a seedling that still has to develop a root system.Actually to be technically correct, it all depends on whether the plant is a juvenile or an adult. All seedlings go...
    Yes I would agree with SussexG. Any plant you have bought will already have a root system and should flower. As opposed to a seedling that still has to develop a root system.Actually to be technically correct, it all depends on whether the...
    Yes I would agree with SussexG. Any plant you have bought will already have a root system and should flower. As opposed to a seedling that still has to develop a root system.Actually to be...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. alana
    Like x 8

Astilbes

Many thanks Mr Grinch I cannot find a blue one anywhere so I think you are right:)
    Many thanks Mr Grinch I cannot find a blue one anywhere so I think you are right:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. steve b

ASTILBES

thanks to all for the great advise, i now know that i can leave and see what happens without doing any harm to the main plant
    thanks to all for the great advise, i now know that i can leave and see what happens without doing any harm to the main plant
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. HarryS

Astilbe non performing ?

Thanks Verdun , I am going to soak the root balls before repotting in JI 3 :blue thumb:
    Thanks Verdun , I am going to soak the root balls before repotting in JI 3 :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. HarryS

Astilbe Die back ?

It is indeed.lol
    It is indeed.lol
    It is indeed.lol
    It is indeed.lol
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. JWK

Astilbe bare root - which way up to plant ?

Looking good, John!!
    Looking good, John!!
    Looking good, John!!
    Looking good, John!!
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Spruce

Astilbe ... who knows ?????

ive just bought 4 off ebay for our 2nd pond area,2 pink,1 chinensis (lilac) and a white japonica..mine wil be be in full sun most of the day,my mother has them in a boggy part of her garden in...
    ive just bought 4 off ebay for our 2nd pond area,2 pink,1 chinensis (lilac) and a white japonica..mine wil be be in full sun most of the day,my mother has them in a boggy part of her garden in full sun and have flourished for yrs there... shes in manchester thou and im in south derbyshire ..its...
    ive just bought 4 off ebay for our 2nd pond area,2 pink,1 chinensis (lilac) and a white japonica..mine wil be be in full sun most of the day,my mother has them in a boggy part of her garden in full sun and have flourished for yrs there... shes in...
    ive just bought 4 off ebay for our 2nd pond area,2 pink,1 chinensis (lilac) and a white japonica..mine wil be be in full sun most of the day,my mother has them in a boggy part of her garden in...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. WitchyWoman

Aster/British flowers

Thanks very much everyone. I'll take a look at that site WOO
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. ricky101

Aster Milady Mixed

Thanks @pete,Think we will grow some of these Asters and see what they are like, but still keep our dwarf Dahlias in that bed this year, they seem hard to beat. :)
    Thanks @pete,Think we will grow some of these Asters and see what they are like, but still keep our dwarf Dahlias in that bed this year, they seem hard to beat. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. mummys girl

assistance needed please !!

Try Barnsdale Gardens, Geoff Hamiltons old garden. They do tours etc, and there are several nice B & Bs nearby. Contact Leics/Rutland Tourist board or , I think, they may have their own website....
    Try Barnsdale Gardens, Geoff Hamiltons old garden. They do tours etc, and there are several nice B & Bs nearby. Contact Leics/Rutland Tourist board or , I think, they may have their own website. Or by 'phone.Good luck, hope your mum has a nice birthdayBayleaf
    Try Barnsdale Gardens, Geoff Hamiltons old garden. They do tours etc, and there are several nice B & Bs nearby. Contact Leics/Rutland Tourist board or , I think, they may have their own website. Or by 'phone.Good luck, hope your mum has a...
    Try Barnsdale Gardens, Geoff Hamiltons old garden. They do tours etc, and there are several nice B & Bs nearby. Contact Leics/Rutland Tourist board or , I think, they may have their own website....
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Clueless 1 v2

Assembling a second hand polytunnel

Too many factors conspiring against us, we've give it up.First factor was the puzzle of what goes where. So we came up with a plan. We stretched out the cover, figure the position of the ties...
    Too many factors conspiring against us, we've give it up.First factor was the puzzle of what goes where. So we came up with a plan. We stretched out the cover, figure the position of the ties would give us some clues and we could assemble different arrangements of poles to match the length as...
    Too many factors conspiring against us, we've give it up.First factor was the puzzle of what goes where. So we came up with a plan. We stretched out the cover, figure the position of the ties would give us some clues and we could assemble...
    Too many factors conspiring against us, we've give it up.First factor was the puzzle of what goes where. So we came up with a plan. We stretched out the cover, figure the position of the ties...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Blackthorn

Asplenium Bulbiferum

Thanks for your advice and info DaveP. Slugs are a problem here but I don't use pellets, so I will have to devise a cunning way of protecting it.
    Thanks for your advice and info DaveP. Slugs are a problem here but I don't use pellets, so I will have to devise a cunning way of protecting it.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Fat Controller

Aspirin for tomatoes?

You are right Harry:blue thumb:, according to Wikki Bayer marketed it as Aspirin in 1899
    You are right Harry:blue thumb:, according to Wikki Bayer marketed it as Aspirin in 1899
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Hornbeam

Aspidistra flowers

Not sure if you saw this HBthey still havn't got to the surface yet.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Carole2009

Aspidistra

You can look up co.uk there are many varieties for sale although they are not cheap, they range from the common one at £10 upto £26 for unusual cultivars.
    You can look up co.uk there are many varieties for sale although they are not cheap, they range from the common one at £10 upto £26 for unusual cultivars.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Bilbo675

Asparagus Pea ?

I`m growing them for a client, and to be honest I`m not impressed. They need to be picked when they are under an inch long, for a start. To get a decent crop for even 2 people I reckon you need...
    I`m growing them for a client, and to be honest I`m not impressed. They need to be picked when they are under an inch long, for a start. To get a decent crop for even 2 people I reckon you need several hundred plants. A waste of time, money and resources in my opinion.:dbgrtmb:
    I`m growing them for a client, and to be honest I`m not impressed. They need to be picked when they are under an inch long, for a start. To get a decent crop for even 2 people I reckon you need several hundred plants. A waste of time, money and...
    I`m growing them for a client, and to be honest I`m not impressed. They need to be picked when they are under an inch long, for a start. To get a decent crop for even 2 people I reckon you need...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Steve R

Asparagus

Sounds good:dbgrtmb:Spruce
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice