General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. mr piles

ivy advice needed...

I may be got this wrong, but I read the ground cover as Ivey?Varigated with small leaves could be gold heart, I recently planted one called Joker with jagged leaves, small variagated but a real...
    I may be got this wrong, but I read the ground cover as Ivey?Varigated with small leaves could be gold heart, I recently planted one called Joker with jagged leaves, small variagated but a real poor dooer.As Pete says, depends on variety, I did at my first house have a picture of Iveys...
    I may be got this wrong, but I read the ground cover as Ivey?Varigated with small leaves could be gold heart, I recently planted one called Joker with jagged leaves, small variagated but a real poor dooer.As Pete says, depends on variety, I...
    I may be got this wrong, but I read the ground cover as Ivey?Varigated with small leaves could be gold heart, I recently planted one called Joker with jagged leaves, small variagated but a real...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. foxtrot

Garden design software

Haven't seen you in a while Charlie :DNathan.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Charlie

Cymbidium Orchid - when do I bring it in!

Thanks Pete I'll do just that - There we go Dendrobium this thread has taught us all a thing or two!
    Thanks Pete I'll do just that - There we go Dendrobium this thread has taught us all a thing or two!
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. roger clements

BLIND DAFFODILS

WE were told when our daffs did not flower too not cut down, just dead head, and feed with Tomato food, every week for about six weeks, and if still no luck move. wheelie.
    WE were told when our daffs did not flower too not cut down, just dead head, and feed with Tomato food, every week for about six weeks, and if still no luck move. wheelie.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Orchid man

worlds most beautifulest flower or plant

thanks fran
    thanks fran
    thanks fran
    thanks fran
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. vernonang

small garden

There are lots of plants you can use in tubs mixing hardy perennials with the less hardy geraniums/fuschias. I would be happy using the light blues of some Campanulas and even Nepeta but watch it...
    There are lots of plants you can use in tubs mixing hardy perennials with the less hardy geraniums/fuschias. I would be happy using the light blues of some Campanulas and even Nepeta but watch it does not take over. You could use some stronger yellows.reds to provide contrast - if very shady try...
    There are lots of plants you can use in tubs mixing hardy perennials with the less hardy geraniums/fuschias. I would be happy using the light blues of some Campanulas and even Nepeta but watch it does not take over. You could use some stronger...
    There are lots of plants you can use in tubs mixing hardy perennials with the less hardy geraniums/fuschias. I would be happy using the light blues of some Campanulas and even Nepeta but watch it...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Orchid man

tabaco plant

Meanwhile... back to real gardening help....... :rolleyes:
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. samsoph

Just had a thought about my berries!

Chemistry is not my subject, as I say I just remember reading it somewhere. I would suppose on a naturally acid soil it would have minimum effect, but on my neutral to slightly alkaline soil I...
    Chemistry is not my subject, as I say I just remember reading it somewhere. I would suppose on a naturally acid soil it would have minimum effect, but on my neutral to slightly alkaline soil I tend to not use it on the erecacious plants that I struggle to grow.
    Chemistry is not my subject, as I say I just remember reading it somewhere. I would suppose on a naturally acid soil it would have minimum effect, but on my neutral to slightly alkaline soil I tend to not use it on the erecacious plants that I...
    Chemistry is not my subject, as I say I just remember reading it somewhere. I would suppose on a naturally acid soil it would have minimum effect, but on my neutral to slightly alkaline soil I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Kazonline

Where to start?

your ultimate "friend" is your MP, when i was in Civil Service believe me thaey had clout, so dont be afraid to wave this wand, go back to land registry and ask for a ruling in writing, they must...
    your ultimate "friend" is your MP, when i was in Civil Service believe me thaey had clout, so dont be afraid to wave this wand, go back to land registry and ask for a ruling in writing, they must give it to you, they are civil servants, ask for the grade of the person you are talking to, if HEO...
    your ultimate "friend" is your MP, when i was in Civil Service believe me thaey had clout, so dont be afraid to wave this wand, go back to land registry and ask for a ruling in writing, they must give it to you, they are civil servants, ask for...
    your ultimate "friend" is your MP, when i was in Civil Service believe me thaey had clout, so dont be afraid to wave this wand, go back to land registry and ask for a ruling in writing, they must...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. The Pea Of Sweetness

Any Poppy experts out there at all?

Aaaaaaaagh. Did I speak too soon or what. I have just found the poppy which I have been trying to kill for the last 4 years, growing away happily. I would not bother but it is in the middle of a...
    Aaaaaaaagh. Did I speak too soon or what. I have just found the poppy which I have been trying to kill for the last 4 years, growing away happily. I would not bother but it is in the middle of a bed which is supposed to be either grasses or tall yellow daisies. It would look AWFUL!
    Aaaaaaaagh. Did I speak too soon or what. I have just found the poppy which I have been trying to kill for the last 4 years, growing away happily. I would not bother but it is in the middle of a bed which is supposed to be either grasses or tall...
    Aaaaaaaagh. Did I speak too soon or what. I have just found the poppy which I have been trying to kill for the last 4 years, growing away happily. I would not bother but it is in the middle of a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. marge

Pruning my fuschia

Oh thats great - thanks - I have to get some rose fertilizer so will give the fuschia a drop too
    Oh thats great - thanks - I have to get some rose fertilizer so will give the fuschia a drop too
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. wheelie

laural bush

On the bush itself or on the soil?
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. timecharger

how important is lime?

I managed to buy a ph kit for the princely sum of �£1.19 from my local garden centre. Fortunately it turned a dark green colour so my veg plot should be ok without liming, as I think the time to...
    I managed to buy a ph kit for the princely sum of �£1.19 from my local garden centre. Fortunately it turned a dark green colour so my veg plot should be ok without liming, as I think the time to lime is autumn or winter rather than now. If you do do a test and the soil is acidic then I guess...
    I managed to buy a ph kit for the princely sum of �£1.19 from my local garden centre. Fortunately it turned a dark green colour so my veg plot should be ok without liming, as I think the time to lime is autumn or winter rather than now. If you...
    I managed to buy a ph kit for the princely sum of �£1.19 from my local garden centre. Fortunately it turned a dark green colour so my veg plot should be ok without liming, as I think the time to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. ice

help

sorry you miss understood me the brook is out front the ground i am looking at is round back, where i lived before although the water was further away we still got frogs and dragonflys in the...
    sorry you miss understood me the brook is out front the ground i am looking at is round back, where i lived before although the water was further away we still got frogs and dragonflys in the garden oh and a bat so i was hoping to attacted same wild life my garden there was more formal
    sorry you miss understood me the brook is out front the ground i am looking at is round back, where i lived before although the water was further away we still got frogs and dragonflys in the garden oh and a bat so i was hoping to attacted same...
    sorry you miss understood me the brook is out front the ground i am looking at is round back, where i lived before although the water was further away we still got frogs and dragonflys in the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. my 3 boys

Laurel hedging

Best thing to do is to spray with water and then mulch the roots, keep spraying leaves till you either win , or you are sure they wont recover, they will take hard pruning so don t worry too much
    Best thing to do is to spray with water and then mulch the roots, keep spraying leaves till you either win , or you are sure they wont recover, they will take hard pruning so don t worry too much
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Paladin

What do you think?

:eek: How I wish I had such a feature in my plot. Don't think I would be too concerned with the planting :D Like I said ...shoot the goose!
    :eek: How I wish I had such a feature in my plot. Don't think I would be too concerned with the planting :D Like I said ...shoot the goose!
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. mowgley

Pricking out

I would wait til the second leaves show on all of them - give them the best start. I usually have to thin my seedlings to stop them getting overcrowded, well before I start pricking out and potting up
    I would wait til the second leaves show on all of them - give them the best start. I usually have to thin my seedlings to stop them getting overcrowded, well before I start pricking out and potting up
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. pumpkinsoup

fushcia!!

Boring is not a term I would use to describe fuchsia However until they start into growth, bare twigs, are bare twigs, are bare twigs :D
    Boring is not a term I would use to describe fuchsia However until they start into growth, bare twigs, are bare twigs, are bare twigs :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. conks

Very, very basics explained please

agreed! :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. buffalo

camelia

it is not happy, are the leaves pale at all, does it bud and then they drop off? is it in the same pot and if so change the compost,[and move to bigger pot if needbe] using ericaceous compost,...
    it is not happy, are the leaves pale at all, does it bud and then they drop off? is it in the same pot and if so change the compost,[and move to bigger pot if needbe] using ericaceous compost, give it a feed of ericaceous liquid feed, including foliar spray The most likely explanation is aspect...
    it is not happy, are the leaves pale at all, does it bud and then they drop off? is it in the same pot and if so change the compost,[and move to bigger pot if needbe] using ericaceous compost, give it a feed of ericaceous liquid feed, including...
    it is not happy, are the leaves pale at all, does it bud and then they drop off? is it in the same pot and if so change the compost,[and move to bigger pot if needbe] using ericaceous compost,...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice