1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title
Replies ↓ Views
Last Message
  1. Alasdair

Raised Beds

Hey Alasdair dont knock 'em, they're great. If they grow you lovely veggies, what more could you want.:thumb: 02
    Hey Alasdair dont knock 'em, they're great. If they grow you lovely veggies, what more could you want.:thumb: 02
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. walnut

recent additions

Wow, I was given a tacca bulb (?) once as a gift, but after making a sickly looking leaf it petered out and died. Yours look glorious. What an unusual and splendid flower!
    Wow, I was given a tacca bulb (?) once as a gift, but after making a sickly looking leaf it petered out and died. Yours look glorious. What an unusual and splendid flower!
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. lizzy t

What can I plant now?

This week we are mostly ...... ....... going to put in beetroot to have as baby beetroot (we put in 2 rows earlier on but only one was successful). Rocket because we have only just discovered it...
    This week we are mostly ...... ....... going to put in beetroot to have as baby beetroot (we put in 2 rows earlier on but only one was successful). Rocket because we have only just discovered it and it is so expensive in the shops. We are also going to do swede for the first time. The pigeons...
    This week we are mostly ...... ....... going to put in beetroot to have as baby beetroot (we put in 2 rows earlier on but only one was successful). Rocket because we have only just discovered it and it is so expensive in the shops. We are also...
    This week we are mostly ...... ....... going to put in beetroot to have as baby beetroot (we put in 2 rows earlier on but only one was successful). Rocket because we have only just discovered it...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Veg-and-flower-man

Advice please

I see this thread twice more, so no need to repost, me thinks!Yopu got some replies here:
    I see this thread twice more, so no need to repost, me thinks!Yopu got some replies here:
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. daisybelle

Indoor chrysanthemum cuttings?

You probably can if there are none flowering shoots with a growing point below those flowers. But don't expect the same form of plant. Those types of chrysanthemums are grown under controlled...
    You probably can if there are none flowering shoots with a growing point below those flowers. But don't expect the same form of plant. Those types of chrysanthemums are grown under controlled conditions and probably dwarfed by the use of chemicals.
    You probably can if there are none flowering shoots with a growing point below those flowers. But don't expect the same form of plant. Those types of chrysanthemums are grown under controlled conditions and probably dwarfed by the use of...
    You probably can if there are none flowering shoots with a growing point below those flowers. But don't expect the same form of plant. Those types of chrysanthemums are grown under controlled...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. zebraone11

help about pansys

i forgot to say i also love heuchera
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. pompeyexile

I'm thinking of using gabions

I would sit them on a concrete foundation or at the very least compacted type one, otherwise if youve a soft spot then theyl sink.Personaly I use normal A1 sleapers for this sort of job and...
    I would sit them on a concrete foundation or at the very least compacted type one, otherwise if youve a soft spot then theyl sink.Personaly I use normal A1 sleapers for this sort of job and line them with membrane to stop leaching, If the budget allows then Azobe West african sleapers,...
    I would sit them on a concrete foundation or at the very least compacted type one, otherwise if youve a soft spot then theyl sink.Personaly I use normal A1 sleapers for this sort of job and line them with membrane to stop leaching, If the...
    I would sit them on a concrete foundation or at the very least compacted type one, otherwise if youve a soft spot then theyl sink.Personaly I use normal A1 sleapers for this sort of job and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Man Of Leisure MOL

Great sunny day splitting Primula

the weather here was beautiful but clouding over rapidly,have quickly mown lawns
    the weather here was beautiful but clouding over rapidly,have quickly mown lawns
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Veg-and-flower-man

Winter Pansies

Too hot in the glasshouse for Pansies. Plant them out close together in a nursery bed to grow on during the summer and plant into their flowering positions in the autumn. Now is the time to sow a...
    Too hot in the glasshouse for Pansies. Plant them out close together in a nursery bed to grow on during the summer and plant into their flowering positions in the autumn. Now is the time to sow a few Myosostis (Forget me not) to go with them. Sow thinly in drills in the open ground and thin out...
    Too hot in the glasshouse for Pansies. Plant them out close together in a nursery bed to grow on during the summer and plant into their flowering positions in the autumn. Now is the time to sow a few Myosostis (Forget me not) to go with them....
    Too hot in the glasshouse for Pansies. Plant them out close together in a nursery bed to grow on during the summer and plant into their flowering positions in the autumn. Now is the time to sow a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. nickp

When should I prune these shrubs?

Erm, I can't see any following?
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Orby1

Poppy-us giganticus

If they are the perennial Papaver x hybridus then no they do not repeat flower. We cut ours down to the ground once they have finished flowering and let other things overgrow them to fill the gap....
    If they are the perennial Papaver x hybridus then no they do not repeat flower. We cut ours down to the ground once they have finished flowering and let other things overgrow them to fill the gap. Sometimes they do produce smaller flowers very late on in the season.
    If they are the perennial Papaver x hybridus then no they do not repeat flower. We cut ours down to the ground once they have finished flowering and let other things overgrow them to fill the gap. Sometimes they do produce smaller flowers very...
    If they are the perennial Papaver x hybridus then no they do not repeat flower. We cut ours down to the ground once they have finished flowering and let other things overgrow them to fill the gap....
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. miraflores

different types of soil

Thanks Miraflores - thats a good site. I recognise my soil there - Clay - "cracks 2 inches wide and 3 foot deep". But as it points out there are always some benefits as well.
    Thanks Miraflores - thats a good site. I recognise my soil there - Clay - "cracks 2 inches wide and 3 foot deep". But as it points out there are always some benefits as well.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. martandmichelle

Do We Have Any Bonsai Experts on GC.

Hi martin You may want to look at thease sitesOr google it to see what else it shows.Jimbo
    Hi martin You may want to look at thease sitesOr google it to see what else it shows.Jimbo
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. moyra

Clematis

I am sorry I think I have put this thread in the wrong place - better go transfer it to where it should be.
    I am sorry I think I have put this thread in the wrong place - better go transfer it to where it should be.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. hammer

blossom drop.

Probably just a couple that had not been pollinated. A truss is as your say a group of yellow flowers on your tomato plants. Botanically a compact cluster of flowers at the end of a...
    Probably just a couple that had not been pollinated. A truss is as your say a group of yellow flowers on your tomato plants. Botanically a compact cluster of flowers at the end of a stalk. Twice a day for maturing tomato plants is not excessive. Regarding quantity, that can only come by...
    Probably just a couple that had not been pollinated. A truss is as your say a group of yellow flowers on your tomato plants. Botanically a compact cluster of flowers at the end of a stalk. Twice a day for maturing tomato plants is not...
    Probably just a couple that had not been pollinated. A truss is as your say a group of yellow flowers on your tomato plants. Botanically a compact cluster of flowers at the end of a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Steve R

Practical and Inventive use of hessian?

Well its not inventive but I use Hessian to protect my less hardy plants in the winter,ohhh and not forgetting i do use them for sack races:)
    Well its not inventive but I use Hessian to protect my less hardy plants in the winter,ohhh and not forgetting i do use them for sack races:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. borrowers

May have got us another member.

Now that's just wonderful Sandra I'm sure the lady will get plenty of helpful advice here and be hooked in no time at all if she joins. I do hope she's brave and informs us (if and when she...
    Now that's just wonderful Sandra I'm sure the lady will get plenty of helpful advice here and be hooked in no time at all if she joins. I do hope she's brave and informs us (if and when she joins) of the lovely chat she had with you because it would be so nice to follow the trail of how she...
    Now that's just wonderful Sandra I'm sure the lady will get plenty of helpful advice here and be hooked in no time at all if she joins. I do hope she's brave and informs us (if and when she joins) of the lovely chat she had with you because it...
    Now that's just wonderful Sandra I'm sure the lady will get plenty of helpful advice here and be hooked in no time at all if she joins. I do hope she's brave and informs us (if and when she...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. pamsdish

Discount Codes

Nice one:thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Dobiesmon

Lavender Help

I wonder if they had previously been too dry over a period.Did you by any chance pot them dry and then water? It might not apply in your case but a plant must never be potted up or potted on...
    I wonder if they had previously been too dry over a period.Did you by any chance pot them dry and then water? It might not apply in your case but a plant must never be potted up or potted on with dry roots - water throughly, leave to soak in for an hour or so and then pot on into a moist...
    I wonder if they had previously been too dry over a period.Did you by any chance pot them dry and then water? It might not apply in your case but a plant must never be potted up or potted on with dry roots - water throughly, leave to soak...
    I wonder if they had previously been too dry over a period.Did you by any chance pot them dry and then water? It might not apply in your case but a plant must never be potted up or potted on...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. hammer

watering.

If you search with google you can find all sorts of advice, but there are so many factors such as what sort of systems are you using (grow bags, pots, in beds) are they inside/outside? Type of...
    If you search with google you can find all sorts of advice, but there are so many factors such as what sort of systems are you using (grow bags, pots, in beds) are they inside/outside? Type of soil also makes a differnce as some dry out much quicker. Also mulching or covering the soil with...
    If you search with google you can find all sorts of advice, but there are so many factors such as what sort of systems are you using (grow bags, pots, in beds) are they inside/outside? Type of soil also makes a differnce as some dry out much...
    If you search with google you can find all sorts of advice, but there are so many factors such as what sort of systems are you using (grow bags, pots, in beds) are they inside/outside? Type of...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice