1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title ↓
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. Folly Mon
    Like x 7

As Promised Pics Of My Progress

Brilliant work FM!!! Don't forget about annual climbers too for year to year variety.
    Brilliant work FM!!! Don't forget about annual climbers too for year to year variety.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. roders

As Much as I Love my Garden

Get out the cool shades, clag on the suncream and have a great break roders! Interested to see what you manage to come back with ;)
    Get out the cool shades, clag on the suncream and have a great break roders! Interested to see what you manage to come back with ;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Floyd

as dry as a lizard's tongue in the Mojave desert

Doh yet another blunder by a gardening beginner, At least I know to leave it longer next time lol.
    Doh yet another blunder by a gardening beginner, At least I know to leave it longer next time lol.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. miraflores

as basic as it gets...

Well, it might not be vermin proof, Ziggy, but in all honesty not many gardeners compost heaps are, and that includes mine!!!! It'll certainly let the air in and so long as it's not allowed to...
    Well, it might not be vermin proof, Ziggy, but in all honesty not many gardeners compost heaps are, and that includes mine!!!! It'll certainly let the air in and so long as it's not allowed to dry out, which being so open it'll be prone to, it should work.:D:thumbsup:
    Well, it might not be vermin proof, Ziggy, but in all honesty not many gardeners compost heaps are, and that includes mine!!!! It'll certainly let the air in and so long as it's not allowed to dry out, which being so open it'll be prone to, it...
    Well, it might not be vermin proof, Ziggy, but in all honesty not many gardeners compost heaps are, and that includes mine!!!! It'll certainly let the air in and so long as it's not allowed to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Ian Taylor

As anyone used this seed company

I'm not sure, very tempted with a few different ones,
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Ian Taylor

As anyone used this nursery

ive noticed :ccheers:
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. daz and debs

arundo donax

Well banana man you said it would cost about�£7 you were miles away.....�£6.99 clever ****** lol.Whill i was ther i couldn't resist a nice pot of miscanthus sinnensis gigantius lol.al the best...
    Well banana man you said it would cost about�£7 you were miles away.....�£6.99 clever ****** lol.Whill i was ther i couldn't resist a nice pot of miscanthus sinnensis gigantius lol.al the best ...daz
    Well banana man you said it would cost about�£7 you were miles away.....�£6.99 clever ****** lol.Whill i was ther i couldn't resist a nice pot of miscanthus sinnensis gigantius lol.al the best ...daz
    Well banana man you said it would cost about�£7 you were miles away.....�£6.99 clever ****** lol.Whill i was ther i couldn't resist a nice pot of miscanthus sinnensis gigantius lol.al the best...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. terrier

Arundo Donax

Book in plenty of time and you can fly return to Alicante for �£50-�£60 return. Sell 6 packs of golden virginia half price at �£50 each on your return and you have a free flight from the...
    Book in plenty of time and you can fly return to Alicante for �£50-�£60 return. Sell 6 packs of golden virginia half price at �£50 each on your return and you have a free flight from the profit!!!!
    Book in plenty of time and you can fly return to Alicante for �£50-�£60 return. Sell 6 packs of golden virginia half price at �£50 each on your return and you have a free flight from the profit!!!!
    Book in plenty of time and you can fly return to Alicante for �£50-�£60 return. Sell 6 packs of golden virginia half price at �£50 each on your return and you have a free flight from the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Slinky

arum lily tubers

You are very welcome.:D
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Slinky

Arum lily Eater

Quite simply .............touché
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. youngdaisydee

ARUM LILY

:thmb: Just to be on the safe side as it is the first winter out there for them then, why not give them a mulch & that will protect & give them a good start next Spring Ydd..!!:wink::thmb:
    :thmb: Just to be on the safe side as it is the first winter out there for them then, why not give them a mulch & that will protect & give them a good start next Spring Ydd..!!:wink::thmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Winnie

Arum Lillies

Thank you for your replies! OK Slinky I'll cut them back then. And dear Cookie Monster .. I'll have to look up aliums .... go back to sleep now ;-) zzzz .. zzz ..
    Thank you for your replies! OK Slinky I'll cut them back then. And dear Cookie Monster .. I'll have to look up aliums .... go back to sleep now ;-) zzzz .. zzz ..
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Old Dan

Arum Lillies

With the mild wet weather we're having you could divide now. Give them plenty of muck. Mine grow like weeds once established and seem pretty tough! They might just put on leaf next year but you'll...
    With the mild wet weather we're having you could divide now. Give them plenty of muck. Mine grow like weeds once established and seem pretty tough! They might just put on leaf next year but you'll get a good show the next.
    With the mild wet weather we're having you could divide now. Give them plenty of muck. Mine grow like weeds once established and seem pretty tough! They might just put on leaf next year but you'll get a good show the next.
    With the mild wet weather we're having you could divide now. Give them plenty of muck. Mine grow like weeds once established and seem pretty tough! They might just put on leaf next year but you'll...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. alana

Arum Italicum (Lords and Ladies)

Hi Aaron, don't worry about it. If you're coming to the open day we have plenty for you. :gnthb: It is the prettier Arum Italicum variegata. :)
    Hi Aaron, don't worry about it. If you're coming to the open day we have plenty for you. :gnthb: It is the prettier Arum Italicum variegata. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. pamsdish

Arum Dracunculus Vulgaris

Thats correct, Pam. The dried bulbs that are very available in early spring, and called voodoo lilly are usually Sauromatum guttatum I believe.Dranunculus is a taller plant which comes up,...
    Thats correct, Pam. The dried bulbs that are very available in early spring, and called voodoo lilly are usually Sauromatum guttatum I believe.Dranunculus is a taller plant which comes up, "leaves" first in the spring, the flower then forms in the head of the plant a good few inches or a...
    Thats correct, Pam. The dried bulbs that are very available in early spring, and called voodoo lilly are usually Sauromatum guttatum I believe.Dranunculus is a taller plant which comes up, "leaves" first in the spring, the flower then forms in...
    Thats correct, Pam. The dried bulbs that are very available in early spring, and called voodoo lilly are usually Sauromatum guttatum I believe.Dranunculus is a taller plant which comes up,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. bleujenn

Arum / Calla Lilies

Hope they are of help then.. Sounds to me like you are maybe after a "Bog Garden"?? Try this link.... http://www.bbc.co.uk/gardening/htbg2/flat/module4/bog_garden_plants1.shtmlGood luck..!!!...
    Hope they are of help then.. Sounds to me like you are maybe after a "Bog Garden"?? Try this link.... http://www.bbc.co.uk/gardening/htbg2/flat/module4/bog_garden_plants1.shtmlGood luck..!!! :D
    Hope they are of help then.. Sounds to me like you are maybe after a "Bog Garden"?? Try this link.... http://www.bbc.co.uk/gardening/htbg2/flat/module4/bog_garden_plants1.shtmlGood luck..!!! :D
    Hope they are of help then.. Sounds to me like you are maybe after a "Bog Garden"?? Try this link.... http://www.bbc.co.uk/gardening/htbg2/flat/module4/bog_garden_plants1.shtmlGood luck..!!!...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. minki

Artmisia variegata help!!!

You could try it in a container perhaps like we do mint if it is a small plant..
    You could try it in a container perhaps like we do mint if it is a small plant..
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. sjam

Artist's Palatte

How about these? White: Hosta 'White Feather', Cerastium tomentosum, Sedum spurium 'Tricolor' Red: Sedum album 'Red Carpet', 'Coral Carpet' Yellow: Carex elata 'Golden Bowles', Hebe x franciscana...
    How about these? White: Hosta 'White Feather', Cerastium tomentosum, Sedum spurium 'Tricolor' Red: Sedum album 'Red Carpet', 'Coral Carpet' Yellow: Carex elata 'Golden Bowles', Hebe x franciscana 'Variegata' (never dared test it for winter) Purple: Ophiopogon plansicarpus 'Nigrescens', Ajuga...
    How about these? White: Hosta 'White Feather', Cerastium tomentosum, Sedum spurium 'Tricolor' Red: Sedum album 'Red Carpet', 'Coral Carpet' Yellow: Carex elata 'Golden Bowles', Hebe x franciscana 'Variegata' (never dared test it for...
    How about these? White: Hosta 'White Feather', Cerastium tomentosum, Sedum spurium 'Tricolor' Red: Sedum album 'Red Carpet', 'Coral Carpet' Yellow: Carex elata 'Golden Bowles', Hebe x franciscana...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Val..

Artificial grass.

Artificial grass can also become slimey, make sure you have adequate drainage, brush it regularly and yes you may have to use a suitable moss and alage killer regularly, especially if it's a shade...
    Artificial grass can also become slimey, make sure you have adequate drainage, brush it regularly and yes you may have to use a suitable moss and alage killer regularly, especially if it's a shade spot, also try to keep it clean of any contamination, unfortunately synthetic grass is NOT...
    Artificial grass can also become slimey, make sure you have adequate drainage, brush it regularly and yes you may have to use a suitable moss and alage killer regularly, especially if it's a shade spot, also try to keep it clean of any...
    Artificial grass can also become slimey, make sure you have adequate drainage, brush it regularly and yes you may have to use a suitable moss and alage killer regularly, especially if it's a shade...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. bizzybee22

Artificial Grass & Plum Tree

on the latest edition of garden-er, they used artificial grass .... looked pretty good not sure what happens with fruit falling on the grass though ... perhaps it can be washed off with a hose...
    on the latest edition of garden-er, they used artificial grass .... looked pretty good not sure what happens with fruit falling on the grass though ... perhaps it can be washed off with a hose and will not stain ? .... best to ask the suppliers here is the link to the video: GardenER on...
    on the latest edition of garden-er, they used artificial grass .... looked pretty good not sure what happens with fruit falling on the grass though ... perhaps it can be washed off with a hose and will not stain ? .... best to ask the...
    on the latest edition of garden-er, they used artificial grass .... looked pretty good not sure what happens with fruit falling on the grass though ... perhaps it can be washed off with a hose...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice