1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↑
  1. ARMANDII

GARDENING ASPIRATIONS FOR 2020

Hello Everyone. I would like a garden with rooms. I want to grow lots of veg but if anyone visits all they can see are different heights of flowers. A windy path maybe. Some trellis. Pergola....
    Hello Everyone. I would like a garden with rooms. I want to grow lots of veg but if anyone visits all they can see are different heights of flowers. A windy path maybe. Some trellis. Pergola. Raised beds hiding behind taller plants. Seating area would be nice. It all looks very nice in my head...
    Hello Everyone. I would like a garden with rooms. I want to grow lots of veg but if anyone visits all they can see are different heights of flowers. A windy path maybe. Some trellis. Pergola. Raised beds hiding behind taller plants. Seating area...
    Hello Everyone. I would like a garden with rooms. I want to grow lots of veg but if anyone visits all they can see are different heights of flowers. A windy path maybe. Some trellis. Pergola....
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. clanless

Are Homebase bonkers?

Unless you're getting a bit like some of us :old:
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Pushkin

Difference between Non-Stop and Double Begonias?

I'm not sure, I think they all have female flowers, but the profusion of flowers in a bedding display means you dont actually notice unless you look very closelyAs I say, I think "nonstop"is...
    I'm not sure, I think they all have female flowers, but the profusion of flowers in a bedding display means you dont actually notice unless you look very closelyAs I say, I think "nonstop"is just a breeders name for that strain.Found this but you have probably already found it, the word...
    I'm not sure, I think they all have female flowers, but the profusion of flowers in a bedding display means you dont actually notice unless you look very closelyAs I say, I think "nonstop"is just a breeders name for that strain.Found this but...
    I'm not sure, I think they all have female flowers, but the profusion of flowers in a bedding display means you dont actually notice unless you look very closelyAs I say, I think "nonstop"is...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Eden1

Gardening TV Shows

Yep dont get me wrong I have come around a bit to Monty, must admit I didn't like him at first, but he is the newer kind of gardener who struggles if the reds are clashing with the purples;):yikes:.But...
    Yep dont get me wrong I have come around a bit to Monty, must admit I didn't like him at first, but he is the newer kind of gardener who struggles if the reds are clashing with the purples;):yikes:.But I'd actually like a programme that deals with plants, the way they fit in and most of all a bit of...
    Yep dont get me wrong I have come around a bit to Monty, must admit I didn't like him at first, but he is the newer kind of gardener who struggles if the reds are clashing with the purples;):yikes:.But I'd actually like a programme that deals with...
    Yep dont get me wrong I have come around a bit to Monty, must admit I didn't like him at first, but he is the newer kind of gardener who struggles if the reds are clashing with the purples;):yikes:.But...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. RoyP

Weeds!!!

Thanks both for your replies, very useful, much appreciated.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. NigelJ
    Like x 12

What's Looking Good in January 2020

Hellebores
    Hellebores
    Hellebores
    Hellebores
    Scilla mischtshenkoana.JPG Correa glabra turnbulli.JPG Helleborus hybrid 1.JPG Helleborus hybrid.JPG Fuchsia microphylla.JPG Helleborus argutifolius.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Linz

Alternatives to plastic single cell seed trays?

My congratulations to Mrs. S.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Marcus00

Garden advice - pavers

Mirrors are an interesting idea, but you get a *lot* of reflected light just by painting a wall white. A bucket of white paint will give you a much brighter space for much less money. :)
    Mirrors are an interesting idea, but you get a *lot* of reflected light just by painting a wall white. A bucket of white paint will give you a much brighter space for much less money. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. noisette47
    Agree x 3

Seed catalogues

It was put in my mail box several days ago but there was nothing there that made me jump in the air and Hayloft, who I like, was unfortunately the same. There's a lot of Bulb Companies sent...
    It was put in my mail box several days ago but there was nothing there that made me jump in the air and Hayloft, who I like, was unfortunately the same. There's a lot of Bulb Companies sent catalogues as well but I've already splurged on Bulbs late last year and those are in the ground. ...
    It was put in my mail box several days ago but there was nothing there that made me jump in the air and Hayloft, who I like, was unfortunately the same. There's a lot of Bulb Companies sent catalogues as well but I've already splurged on Bulbs...
    It was put in my mail box several days ago but there was nothing there that made me jump in the air and Hayloft, who I like, was unfortunately the same. There's a lot of Bulb Companies sent...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. mazambo

Pea netting?

Hi,Not aware of any specific name, most garden centers have a section where there are racks of loose netting and bubble wrap etc, you just buy it per meter in the width and length you...
    Hi,Not aware of any specific name, most garden centers have a section where there are racks of loose netting and bubble wrap etc, you just buy it per meter in the width and length you need.Some diy places also sell it in prepacked lengths. Blooma Plastic Wire mesh fencing (L)5m (W)1m | DIY...
    Hi,Not aware of any specific name, most garden centers have a section where there are racks of loose netting and bubble wrap etc, you just buy it per meter in the width and length you need.Some diy places also sell it in prepacked...
    Hi,Not aware of any specific name, most garden centers have a section where there are racks of loose netting and bubble wrap etc, you just buy it per meter in the width and length you...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Howard Stone

Cleaning Limestone Paving

The active ingredient in many of the 'Wet and Forget' type products is Benzalkonium Chloride. Look for a product called BAC50 - which as it's name suggests is 50% water and 50% Benzalkonium...
    The active ingredient in many of the 'Wet and Forget' type products is Benzalkonium Chloride. Look for a product called BAC50 - which as it's name suggests is 50% water and 50% Benzalkonium Chloride. Dilute the BAC50 200ml to 5 litres of water - and you have the same strength 'Wet and Forget'...
    The active ingredient in many of the 'Wet and Forget' type products is Benzalkonium Chloride. Look for a product called BAC50 - which as it's name suggests is 50% water and 50% Benzalkonium Chloride. Dilute the BAC50 200ml to 5 litres of water...
    The active ingredient in many of the 'Wet and Forget' type products is Benzalkonium Chloride. Look for a product called BAC50 - which as it's name suggests is 50% water and 50% Benzalkonium...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. ricky101

Syrian Refugees Hydroponics - A simple way ?

Will do ...
    Will do ...
    Will do ...
    Will do ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. TheMadHedger

Hedge-related query

Thanks, sounds good.
    Thanks, sounds good.
    Thanks, sounds good.
    Thanks, sounds good.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. silu

Bumper crop of...Moss!

I still remove by hand as we don't use chemicals in the garden :noidea:. I used to rake out the moss from some of the lawns and sell it in bags for people to use in their hanging baskets (all money goes...
    I still remove by hand as we don't use chemicals in the garden :noidea:. I used to rake out the moss from some of the lawns and sell it in bags for people to use in their hanging baskets (all money goes to charity) but it's too physical a job for me nowadays :old:
    I still remove by hand as we don't use chemicals in the garden :noidea:. I used to rake out the moss from some of the lawns and sell it in bags for people to use in their hanging baskets (all money goes to charity) but it's too physical a job for me...
    I still remove by hand as we don't use chemicals in the garden :noidea:. I used to rake out the moss from some of the lawns and sell it in bags for people to use in their hanging baskets (all money goes...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. mazambo

Lily potting help please

Are you growing them in pots ? I assume you are. I use one third Multipurpose compost - third JI no3 - third sand /grit .You'll need a heavy pot for the tree lilys, probably better in the...
    Are you growing them in pots ? I assume you are. I use one third Multipurpose compost - third JI no3 - third sand /grit .You'll need a heavy pot for the tree lilys, probably better in the garden they get taller but will grow fine in a pot.If I was you I buy some more bulbs, twos don't look...
    Are you growing them in pots ? I assume you are. I use one third Multipurpose compost - third JI no3 - third sand /grit .You'll need a heavy pot for the tree lilys, probably better in the garden they get taller but will grow fine in a pot.If...
    Are you growing them in pots ? I assume you are. I use one third Multipurpose compost - third JI no3 - third sand /grit .You'll need a heavy pot for the tree lilys, probably better in the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. wiseowl

Libertia Chilensis (Grandiflora)

Good evening @andrews and thank you my friend,your reply is very much appreciated:blue thumb:
    Good evening @andrews and thank you my friend,your reply is very much appreciated:blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Sheal

Rhododendron.....

Thank you Cuttings, I'll take a look at those. :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Jack Sparrow

Primroses

We have pale primroses/primulas and cowslips, as well as strongly coloured ones. They never seem to have any problem growing and surviving (some are 40+ years old) so I wonder if the soil they're...
    We have pale primroses/primulas and cowslips, as well as strongly coloured ones. They never seem to have any problem growing and surviving (some are 40+ years old) so I wonder if the soil they're in isn't right.I always look upon them as being best in the ground and it should encourage them...
    We have pale primroses/primulas and cowslips, as well as strongly coloured ones. They never seem to have any problem growing and surviving (some are 40+ years old) so I wonder if the soil they're in isn't right.I always look upon them as being...
    We have pale primroses/primulas and cowslips, as well as strongly coloured ones. They never seem to have any problem growing and surviving (some are 40+ years old) so I wonder if the soil they're...
    received_472328460320118.jpeg P1220940.JPG P1220944.JPG P1220961.JPG P1230111.JPG P1230112.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. andrews
    Agree x 5

Garden Centres - Is It Just Me ?

Brilliant - will do. Thanks very much.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Moley

Is going cheap on eBay worth the risk?

The slightly frustrating thing with the Chinese is that they do know how to produce stuff that is of good quality and complies with various standards - indeed, many of the worlds biggest names...
    The slightly frustrating thing with the Chinese is that they do know how to produce stuff that is of good quality and complies with various standards - indeed, many of the worlds biggest names (Panasonic, Philips, Volvo being a few that spring to mind) have products made in China because it is...
    The slightly frustrating thing with the Chinese is that they do know how to produce stuff that is of good quality and complies with various standards - indeed, many of the worlds biggest names (Panasonic, Philips, Volvo being a few that spring to...
    The slightly frustrating thing with the Chinese is that they do know how to produce stuff that is of good quality and complies with various standards - indeed, many of the worlds biggest names...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice