1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views ↓
Last Message
  1. Stingo

Hellebore

Thanks Walnut
    Thanks Walnut
    Thanks Walnut
    Thanks Walnut
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Paladin

Bullatus

Great plant, can also spread 3 metres +. can be kept to half that size, but it lose's it's inpact a bit..
    Great plant, can also spread 3 metres +. can be kept to half that size, but it lose's it's inpact a bit..
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. pamsdish

bulbs

My favourite bulbs for March/April flowering are narcissus tete-a-tete, narcissus Jenny (white), scilla sibirica, various crocuses, iris reticulata (though maybe a bit early) and hyacinths if you...
    My favourite bulbs for March/April flowering are narcissus tete-a-tete, narcissus Jenny (white), scilla sibirica, various crocuses, iris reticulata (though maybe a bit early) and hyacinths if you don't mind a bit of blousiness! I'm hoping to try some tulips soon too.
    My favourite bulbs for March/April flowering are narcissus tete-a-tete, narcissus Jenny (white), scilla sibirica, various crocuses, iris reticulata (though maybe a bit early) and hyacinths if you don't mind a bit of blousiness! I'm hoping to try...
    My favourite bulbs for March/April flowering are narcissus tete-a-tete, narcissus Jenny (white), scilla sibirica, various crocuses, iris reticulata (though maybe a bit early) and hyacinths if you...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. whippetstorm

Climber help please.

I agree with HarryS sounds like Virginia creeper:dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. borrowers

snowdrops -bulb?

Thank you blackthorn. will do that. Could never understand how bulbs were 'made'! Stupid head aren't i?love your signature!cheers
    Thank you blackthorn. will do that. Could never understand how bulbs were 'made'! Stupid head aren't i?love your signature!cheers
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. daz and debs

Garden video update.

No borrowers, I was to embarrassed to admit it coz everybody else seems to have no problem.:o 02
    No borrowers, I was to embarrassed to admit it coz everybody else seems to have no problem.:o 02
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Jannt86

Braeburn or red falstaff?

I've got a tree of Fiesta, which is a cox type so comes late and I think, stores pretty well. Has less disease problems than Cox. Independent assessment of apple tree Fiesta
    I've got a tree of Fiesta, which is a cox type so comes late and I think, stores pretty well. Has less disease problems than Cox. Independent assessment of apple tree Fiesta
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Anthony Rogers

What forced bulbs are we growing for Christmas?

Picked some up paperwhites from wilko, 3 for £4 and they're poking through already. Did see some in tesco/asda for £8/£10.. The amaryllis has shot up and got a bud, I'm so happy last one was just...
    Picked some up paperwhites from wilko, 3 for £4 and they're poking through already. Did see some in tesco/asda for £8/£10.. The amaryllis has shot up and got a bud, I'm so happy last one was just leaf!
    Picked some up paperwhites from wilko, 3 for £4 and they're poking through already. Did see some in tesco/asda for £8/£10.. The amaryllis has shot up and got a bud, I'm so happy last one was just leaf!
    Picked some up paperwhites from wilko, 3 for £4 and they're poking through already. Did see some in tesco/asda for £8/£10.. The amaryllis has shot up and got a bud, I'm so happy last one was just...
    20161115_120753[1].jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Phil A
    Informative x 3

Borage as a drought indicator

It's a Somerset thing.
    It's a Somerset thing.
    It's a Somerset thing.
    It's a Somerset thing.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. lollipop

hellebores

They are all winterflowering and highly scented.:flwsml:
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Scotkat

Livingston Daisy( silly me)

Has anyone got any spare plants , the one seed I wanted to sow for summer and forgot.Silly meToo late now.Want to make a hanging ball basket with them
    Has anyone got any spare plants , the one seed I wanted to sow for summer and forgot.Silly meToo late now.Want to make a hanging ball basket with them
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. paterson00

How do I know what type of soil I have?

All soil can be improved Paterson but most soils are just fine. Can you show us a pic of your soil - a general view and a spadeful - and we'll tell you what you've got and how you might improve it.
    All soil can be improved Paterson but most soils are just fine. Can you show us a pic of your soil - a general view and a spadeful - and we'll tell you what you've got and how you might improve it.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. crowley

Chilli

Hi crowleyi started mine off last yr the beginning of feb as i could'nt wait any longer :Di have a conservatory so i sowed them in a black pot (absorbes heat) placed cling film over them...
    Hi crowleyi started mine off last yr the beginning of feb as i could'nt wait any longer :Di have a conservatory so i sowed them in a black pot (absorbes heat) placed cling film over them and put them in the window with the raidiator underneath they took 5 days to come through and i had...
    Hi crowleyi started mine off last yr the beginning of feb as i could'nt wait any longer :Di have a conservatory so i sowed them in a black pot (absorbes heat) placed cling film over them and put them in the window with the raidiator...
    Hi crowleyi started mine off last yr the beginning of feb as i could'nt wait any longer :Di have a conservatory so i sowed them in a black pot (absorbes heat) placed cling film over them...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. steevjp

Sorry Gardinia

Thanks FreddyNo, not normally next to the radiator (which isnt on btw :)I think it is normally outside but i am not 100% on that
    Thanks FreddyNo, not normally next to the radiator (which isnt on btw :)I think it is normally outside but i am not 100% on that
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. HowardM

Cleaning up an acre

Hello and welcome to the forum. If barley could defeat dock leaves and other weeds, I don't think there'd be much of a herbicide industry because it wouldn't be commercially viable for companies...
    Hello and welcome to the forum. If barley could defeat dock leaves and other weeds, I don't think there'd be much of a herbicide industry because it wouldn't be commercially viable for companies like Monsanto to just develop for the casual home gardener. If you want to grow a competitive...
    Hello and welcome to the forum. If barley could defeat dock leaves and other weeds, I don't think there'd be much of a herbicide industry because it wouldn't be commercially viable for companies like Monsanto to just develop for the casual home...
    Hello and welcome to the forum. If barley could defeat dock leaves and other weeds, I don't think there'd be much of a herbicide industry because it wouldn't be commercially viable for companies...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. rpdiy

begonias

Rpdiy, if it`s Begonia sempervirens pinching out is not neccessary.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. HarryS

Liatris Kobold Transplant ?

Cheers Verdun, I'll do that as soon as all the bulbs show :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. lazy-gardener

choices for heated propogator

I like my garland super 7 as I have 7 diffrent pots so can grow different things in the same propogator and control them all individually
    I like my garland super 7 as I have 7 diffrent pots so can grow different things in the same propogator and control them all individually
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. TheMadHedger

Cutting a large plastic water butt in half

Thanks, just done it using a wood saw.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. snowflake

Foxgloves

Hi Snowflake I think foxgloves are biennials, so they don't flower until the year after they were sown - is it possible that although the non-flowering one is bigger, it's a first year plant and...
    Hi Snowflake I think foxgloves are biennials, so they don't flower until the year after they were sown - is it possible that although the non-flowering one is bigger, it's a first year plant and the other two are second year ones (but maybe a smaller growing variety?) other than that i'd have...
    Hi Snowflake I think foxgloves are biennials, so they don't flower until the year after they were sown - is it possible that although the non-flowering one is bigger, it's a first year plant and the other two are second year ones (but maybe a...
    Hi Snowflake I think foxgloves are biennials, so they don't flower until the year after they were sown - is it possible that although the non-flowering one is bigger, it's a first year plant and...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice