General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title
Replies ↓ Views
Last Message
  1. RYDALL

Orchid care.

Which orchids Rydall? Hey I'm getting all your questions. We must have similar tastes and problems.
    Which orchids Rydall? Hey I'm getting all your questions. We must have similar tastes and problems.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Grass Seed Man

Another little intro

Welcome GSM, I'm sure your contributions will be of great use to us. I've called you GSM because we already have a regular Pete on here. :D
    Welcome GSM, I'm sure your contributions will be of great use to us. I've called you GSM because we already have a regular Pete on here. :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Jack by the hedge

Dianthus Fenbow nutmeg clove

Not tried that one, but regarding the flowering time, bear in mind Daves Garden is an American site and may have been sown in better a climate than ours and flowered earlier. Give it a try.
    Not tried that one, but regarding the flowering time, bear in mind Daves Garden is an American site and may have been sown in better a climate than ours and flowered earlier. Give it a try.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Lintama

Elephant Grass

http://www.binnyplants.co.uk/index.php Try these guys Lintama.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Victoria

Pruning Exotics

Seems you have your work 'cut' out Lol. ;) I don't like pruning Bougies, I always get stabbed. :D
    Seems you have your work 'cut' out Lol. ;) I don't like pruning Bougies, I always get stabbed. :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Sinta

Wisteria in a pot

Sinta, you can grow just about anything in a pot. By growing a Wisteria in a pot, you are automatically Bonsaing it anyway, so it shouldn`t get out of hand. However, you must make sure it doesn`t...
    Sinta, you can grow just about anything in a pot. By growing a Wisteria in a pot, you are automatically Bonsaing it anyway, so it shouldn`t get out of hand. However, you must make sure it doesn`t dry out and it must be fed regularly. I hope this is of some help.
    Sinta, you can grow just about anything in a pot. By growing a Wisteria in a pot, you are automatically Bonsaing it anyway, so it shouldn`t get out of hand. However, you must make sure it doesn`t dry out and it must be fed regularly. I hope this...
    Sinta, you can grow just about anything in a pot. By growing a Wisteria in a pot, you are automatically Bonsaing it anyway, so it shouldn`t get out of hand. However, you must make sure it doesn`t...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. terrier

The Garden Quiz

Missed it, btw love your website
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. jesaya

Clematis and Wisteria Gone Mad

One of my clematis, a jacmanii, went stupid last year Jesaya. In spring, when it was supposed to be putting out shoots, it did nothing. By July I had written it off and I obtained a replacement. I...
    One of my clematis, a jacmanii, went stupid last year Jesaya. In spring, when it was supposed to be putting out shoots, it did nothing. By July I had written it off and I obtained a replacement. I kept that in its large pot and didn't dig up the old one. In August it suddenly started and by...
    One of my clematis, a jacmanii, went stupid last year Jesaya. In spring, when it was supposed to be putting out shoots, it did nothing. By July I had written it off and I obtained a replacement. I kept that in its large pot and didn't dig up the...
    One of my clematis, a jacmanii, went stupid last year Jesaya. In spring, when it was supposed to be putting out shoots, it did nothing. By July I had written it off and I obtained a replacement. I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. lantra

orchids

ok i found the other postings ,, really should open my eyes before i type,, thnx anyway
    ok i found the other postings ,, really should open my eyes before i type,, thnx anyway
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Fairlocks

Droopy Hyacinths

hi Fairlocks,and.. ..
    hi Fairlocks,and.. ..
    hi Fairlocks,and.. ..
    hi Fairlocks,and.. ..
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Sunshine2

Plumbago pruning

I had a plumbago wilmotii which I pruned every march down to about 2 buds from the ground, it probably depends on the type of plumbago you have though.
    I had a plumbago wilmotii which I pruned every march down to about 2 buds from the ground, it probably depends on the type of plumbago you have though.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. pip

Raat Ki Rani/Cestrum Nocturnum

Looks gorgeous but I can't help. The only jasmine I can send is winter flowering, but I can't even send that till April when it's finished.
    Looks gorgeous but I can't help. The only jasmine I can send is winter flowering, but I can't even send that till April when it's finished.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Leucojum

Solanum poisonous?

Basically Leucojam the answer is yes. Any part of Solanam will cause problems if digested.
    Basically Leucojam the answer is yes. Any part of Solanam will cause problems if digested.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. RYDALL

Saved seed

You could always try sowing part now Rydall, but I think that spring would be better. If you sow them in a coldframe, it's really like sowing them outside. At best they might do nothing till the...
    You could always try sowing part now Rydall, but I think that spring would be better. If you sow them in a coldframe, it's really like sowing them outside. At best they might do nothing till the spring and at worst they might germinate now and then be killed by colder weather.I raised the...
    You could always try sowing part now Rydall, but I think that spring would be better. If you sow them in a coldframe, it's really like sowing them outside. At best they might do nothing till the spring and at worst they might germinate now and...
    You could always try sowing part now Rydall, but I think that spring would be better. If you sow them in a coldframe, it's really like sowing them outside. At best they might do nothing till the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. carolla

garden weeds

Here's what the RHS sayhttp://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/profiles0805/soleirolia.aspOr you can give in to it and make it a feature
    Here's what the RHS sayhttp://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/profiles0805/soleirolia.aspOr you can give in to it and make it a feature
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. chengjing

RHS Seed scheme

Thanks chengjing. I have just put my request in. I tried a couple of days ago but it wasn't working. It's certainly good value, and a lot of the seeds are ones that you don't usually see for sale.
    Thanks chengjing. I have just put my request in. I tried a couple of days ago but it wasn't working. It's certainly good value, and a lot of the seeds are ones that you don't usually see for sale.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. golfer

pruning

Hi Golfer If its below the Graft union Its usually a Root Sucker,I personally always twist these off as If they are cut off I find that it stimulates growth of the Sucker and you get twice as many...
    Hi Golfer If its below the Graft union Its usually a Root Sucker,I personally always twist these off as If they are cut off I find that it stimulates growth of the Sucker and you get twice as many next year,Just follow the branch down to make sure It is below the Graft Union.Hope this is off...
    Hi Golfer If its below the Graft union Its usually a Root Sucker,I personally always twist these off as If they are cut off I find that it stimulates growth of the Sucker and you get twice as many next year,Just follow the branch down to make...
    Hi Golfer If its below the Graft union Its usually a Root Sucker,I personally always twist these off as If they are cut off I find that it stimulates growth of the Sucker and you get twice as many...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. terrier

Clay and sand

Clay and sand together can be inclined to become very compacted You would need to mix in lots and lots of lighter material, farmyard manure, compost etc to get the right balance If the resulting...
    Clay and sand together can be inclined to become very compacted You would need to mix in lots and lots of lighter material, farmyard manure, compost etc to get the right balance If the resulting mix is too heavy it will be difficult for the roots of anything to develop easily
    Clay and sand together can be inclined to become very compacted You would need to mix in lots and lots of lighter material, farmyard manure, compost etc to get the right balance If the resulting mix is too heavy it will be difficult for the roots...
    Clay and sand together can be inclined to become very compacted You would need to mix in lots and lots of lighter material, farmyard manure, compost etc to get the right balance If the resulting...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Pam Weightman

gardening article

sorry pam can't help you but hope you get someone soon.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. lapod

wrong seeds

....my hubby did!!!Read here!
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice