1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title ↓
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. MostlyVegsSouthCotswolds

Area Between Fences

thanks for all your responses :)Me-thinks Membrane & Gravel makes the most sense, because unfortunately the Chain-Link can't be disposed of, the House being rented.
    thanks for all your responses :)Me-thinks Membrane & Gravel makes the most sense, because unfortunately the Chain-Link can't be disposed of, the House being rented.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. gotpots

area behind our fence

Behind our fence is a very tatty bank with a hedge (immediatly behind this is a field full of horses) you can see this area as it is higher than our garden. (our garden is then on 2 levels) We...
    Behind our fence is a very tatty bank with a hedge (immediatly behind this is a field full of horses) you can see this area as it is higher than our garden. (our garden is then on 2 levels) We have been meaning for years to do something with this bank, all the other neighbours have, it needs a...
    Behind our fence is a very tatty bank with a hedge (immediatly behind this is a field full of horses) you can see this area as it is higher than our garden. (our garden is then on 2 levels) We have been meaning for years to do something with...
    Behind our fence is a very tatty bank with a hedge (immediatly behind this is a field full of horses) you can see this area as it is higher than our garden. (our garden is then on 2 levels) We...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. daz and debs

Are your brugmasia's flowering yet?

I should have mentioned that a lot of the time the plant is in my kitchen by the window and is put outside when it's a warmish day, it will stay outside if we have a half decent summer. The...
    I should have mentioned that a lot of the time the plant is in my kitchen by the window and is put outside when it's a warmish day, it will stay outside if we have a half decent summer. The Cornish website is ---Daturas to go. Cheer T Digger.
    I should have mentioned that a lot of the time the plant is in my kitchen by the window and is put outside when it's a warmish day, it will stay outside if we have a half decent summer. The Cornish website is ---Daturas to go. Cheer T Digger.
    I should have mentioned that a lot of the time the plant is in my kitchen by the window and is put outside when it's a warmish day, it will stay outside if we have a half decent summer. The...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Sheal

Are you ready for the off!

All seeds purchased , planting plan done , Chilli seeds are always first and they go in this weekend :dbgrtmb:
    All seeds purchased , planting plan done , Chilli seeds are always first and they go in this weekend :dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Webmaster

Are you happy with the results of your gardening this year ?

Aqua Your mystery wild flower looks like Honesty to me. Does it have 2P sized round, flat, semitransparant seed pods on it by now? Nik
    Aqua Your mystery wild flower looks like Honesty to me. Does it have 2P sized round, flat, semitransparant seed pods on it by now? Nik
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Val..

Are you attracted by a particular colour?

Deep pinks, reds and purples!
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Rhyleysgranny

Are You A Trug nad Trowel Gardener?

I would love to be a trug and trowel gardener too but I am in my worst clothes, my gardening shoes are just horrible, my hands sore and cut and I have been bitten by a wide variety of insects...
    I would love to be a trug and trowel gardener too but I am in my worst clothes, my gardening shoes are just horrible, my hands sore and cut and I have been bitten by a wide variety of insects :hehe:OH does do most of the heavy work but I still get stuck in. I have sat on top of our shed...
    I would love to be a trug and trowel gardener too but I am in my worst clothes, my gardening shoes are just horrible, my hands sore and cut and I have been bitten by a wide variety of insects :hehe:OH does do most of the heavy work but I...
    I would love to be a trug and trowel gardener too but I am in my worst clothes, my gardening shoes are just horrible, my hands sore and cut and I have been bitten by a wide variety of insects...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Spruce
    Agree x 7

Are we starting to sow to early .....

I'm hoping to start my canna seed asap but anything else will be March to April :)
    I'm hoping to start my canna seed asap but anything else will be March to April :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. lazydog

Are we going to face problems?

Loli we know you can witter on for ages :snork: Well my beds and containers are looking great now after this spell of hot dry weather, its done everything a world of good here . No problems to report...
    Loli we know you can witter on for ages :snork: Well my beds and containers are looking great now after this spell of hot dry weather, its done everything a world of good here . No problems to report from the costa del Leeds and Liverpool canal !
    Loli we know you can witter on for ages :snork: Well my beds and containers are looking great now after this spell of hot dry weather, its done everything a world of good here . No problems to report from the costa del Leeds and Liverpool canal !
    Loli we know you can witter on for ages :snork: Well my beds and containers are looking great now after this spell of hot dry weather, its done everything a world of good here . No problems to report...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. clueless1
    Like x 8

Are we crazy?

I'm with you too merleworld. My job involves a lot of numbers, and I never envisaged that I would be working in finance a few years back. Gardening gives me that release. I guess I'm pretty...
    I'm with you too merleworld. My job involves a lot of numbers, and I never envisaged that I would be working in finance a few years back. Gardening gives me that release. I guess I'm pretty imaginative and my mind wanders a lot. No matter which way it wanders my garden is always there to satisfy...
    I'm with you too merleworld. My job involves a lot of numbers, and I never envisaged that I would be working in finance a few years back. Gardening gives me that release. I guess I'm pretty imaginative and my mind wanders a lot. No matter which...
    I'm with you too merleworld. My job involves a lot of numbers, and I never envisaged that I would be working in finance a few years back. Gardening gives me that release. I guess I'm pretty...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. lollipop

Are we all anoraks?

Oh I see. Ever get that feeling you asked a question you aren`t qualified enough to hear the answer to? LOL
    Oh I see. Ever get that feeling you asked a question you aren`t qualified enough to hear the answer to? LOL
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. pip

Are tree surgeons expensive?

Actually they were a pair of lads who lived with their mother and who used a wood burning stove. John, the council guy had already done work for the family at a fair rate but in the meantime the...
    Actually they were a pair of lads who lived with their mother and who used a wood burning stove. John, the council guy had already done work for the family at a fair rate but in the meantime the husband had passed away, need I say more? Incidentlly John, the husband was also in the medical...
    Actually they were a pair of lads who lived with their mother and who used a wood burning stove. John, the council guy had already done work for the family at a fair rate but in the meantime the husband had passed away, need I say more?...
    Actually they were a pair of lads who lived with their mother and who used a wood burning stove. John, the council guy had already done work for the family at a fair rate but in the meantime the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Riggers

Are they plums?

10 minutes after the birds get em:heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Jersey Becca

Are these weeds???

I agree with Dave, first pic, weeds. Second pic, larger leafed plants are Calendula, pot marigolds.:thumbsup:
    I agree with Dave, first pic, weeds. Second pic, larger leafed plants are Calendula, pot marigolds.:thumbsup:
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. sa100

Are these weeds please

Other common names are also Common Lamb's-quarters, Goosefoot, White Goosefoot, Fat-Hen, Pig-weed, Dung-weed, Nickel greens, in Northern India it is grown as a food crop & called Bathua.. Gosh I...
    Other common names are also Common Lamb's-quarters, Goosefoot, White Goosefoot, Fat-Hen, Pig-weed, Dung-weed, Nickel greens, in Northern India it is grown as a food crop & called Bathua.. Gosh I have just come across all these other names too.! Allgood. Baconweed. Cenizo. Dirtweed.Dirty...
    Other common names are also Common Lamb's-quarters, Goosefoot, White Goosefoot, Fat-Hen, Pig-weed, Dung-weed, Nickel greens, in Northern India it is grown as a food crop & called Bathua.. Gosh I have just come across all these other names too.!...
    Other common names are also Common Lamb's-quarters, Goosefoot, White Goosefoot, Fat-Hen, Pig-weed, Dung-weed, Nickel greens, in Northern India it is grown as a food crop & called Bathua.. Gosh I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. elainefiz

are these wallflowers?

All my lilies are in pots, the only trouble I get is squirrels rummaging about in the pots and eating them, have to keep them covered in winter with net. Found only 3 lily beetles so far this...
    All my lilies are in pots, the only trouble I get is squirrels rummaging about in the pots and eating them, have to keep them covered in winter with net. Found only 3 lily beetles so far this year. I have to repot occasionally as they do increase and the pots become crammed full-not that...
    All my lilies are in pots, the only trouble I get is squirrels rummaging about in the pots and eating them, have to keep them covered in winter with net. Found only 3 lily beetles so far this year. I have to repot occasionally as they do...
    All my lilies are in pots, the only trouble I get is squirrels rummaging about in the pots and eating them, have to keep them covered in winter with net. Found only 3 lily beetles so far this...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. gavintarrant

Are these Valerian seedlings?

Thanks again Marley :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. philomel

Are these Tree paeonies grafted or not?

You can, quit often, see the join. :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. marge

Are these seeds?

Thanks again Pal, thats exactly what I'll do then :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. accidentalgardener

Are these one and the same?

I can now answer my own question, the cornus is Dogwood
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice