1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title ↓
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. gavintarrant

Are these Valerian seedlings?

Thanks again Marley :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. philomel

Are these Tree paeonies grafted or not?

You can, quit often, see the join. :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. marge

Are these seeds?

Thanks again Pal, thats exactly what I'll do then :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. accidentalgardener

Are these one and the same?

I can now answer my own question, the cornus is Dogwood
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. zac123

are these conifer seeds?

I remember growing Lawsons cypess from seed I collected in Bedgebury Pineatum back in the early 70s, it was an interesting experience and I had a great hedge for about 25yrs from those seedings....
    I remember growing Lawsons cypess from seed I collected in Bedgebury Pineatum back in the early 70s, it was an interesting experience and I had a great hedge for about 25yrs from those seedings.So I say go ahead and watch how the growth changes as the seedlings get older.
    I remember growing Lawsons cypess from seed I collected in Bedgebury Pineatum back in the early 70s, it was an interesting experience and I had a great hedge for about 25yrs from those seedings.So I say go ahead and watch how the growth...
    I remember growing Lawsons cypess from seed I collected in Bedgebury Pineatum back in the early 70s, it was an interesting experience and I had a great hedge for about 25yrs from those seedings....
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. mint

Are These Chives

Might have been dropped by a Swallow :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Esoxlucius

Are these ads genuine?

There has never been a public phone box within miles of us in the 50+ years we have been here. :rolleyespink:
    There has never been a public phone box within miles of us in the 50+ years we have been here. :rolleyespink:
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Leadbelly

Are there stone fairies ?

You don't have to buy gravel - thats what the sand grows into!!!! :hehe:...and have you ever noticed - there are ALWAYS more stones in the bottom of your pots when you tip the old compost out...
    You don't have to buy gravel - thats what the sand grows into!!!! :hehe:...and have you ever noticed - there are ALWAYS more stones in the bottom of your pots when you tip the old compost out than when you put some in at the beginning of the season!! :dh:
    You don't have to buy gravel - thats what the sand grows into!!!! :hehe:...and have you ever noticed - there are ALWAYS more stones in the bottom of your pots when you tip the old compost out than when you put some in at the beginning of the...
    You don't have to buy gravel - thats what the sand grows into!!!! :hehe:...and have you ever noticed - there are ALWAYS more stones in the bottom of your pots when you tip the old compost out...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. silu

Are there other "clever" bulbs?

YYes, Wood Avens, my most hated weed, not a bit of decorative value or charm and the top always breaks off so it has to be trowelled out. Can't abide it.
    YYes, Wood Avens, my most hated weed, not a bit of decorative value or charm and the top always breaks off so it has to be trowelled out. Can't abide it.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. ara06om

Are there any students/post-students on the forum?

I am a 3rd year Landscape Architecture student at the university of Sheffield, I was curious if there were any other students on the forum and if so where. Also if there are any past students that...
    I am a 3rd year Landscape Architecture student at the university of Sheffield, I was curious if there were any other students on the forum and if so where. Also if there are any past students that studied landscape architecture or a degree which is similar. :thumb:
    I am a 3rd year Landscape Architecture student at the university of Sheffield, I was curious if there were any other students on the forum and if so where. Also if there are any past students that studied landscape architecture or a degree which...
    I am a 3rd year Landscape Architecture student at the university of Sheffield, I was curious if there were any other students on the forum and if so where. Also if there are any past students that...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Humble Pepper

Are there any regulations for starting a gardening nursery online UK?

Not sure there are folk here with the requisite knowledge. If you draw a blank here you might like to try: http://www.landscapejuicenetwork.com/
    Not sure there are folk here with the requisite knowledge. If you draw a blank here you might like to try: http://www.landscapejuicenetwork.com/
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. bellapinkpink

Are there any bulbs....

They have loads in the poundshop, lilies ,freesias,etc any bulbs corms being sold now will mostly flower this summer, all the early spring bulbs dont go on sale until the autumn as a general...
    They have loads in the poundshop, lilies ,freesias,etc any bulbs corms being sold now will mostly flower this summer, all the early spring bulbs dont go on sale until the autumn as a general rule,shops cannot keep them they have to be sold in season or they rot in the bags :thumb:
    They have loads in the poundshop, lilies ,freesias,etc any bulbs corms being sold now will mostly flower this summer, all the early spring bulbs dont go on sale until the autumn as a general rule,shops cannot keep them they have to be sold in...
    They have loads in the poundshop, lilies ,freesias,etc any bulbs corms being sold now will mostly flower this summer, all the early spring bulbs dont go on sale until the autumn as a general...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. andrewh

Are some plants bred to prevent propagation?

Think I saw something like that on Surfinia trailing petunias, but had great success taking cuttings from them.
    Think I saw something like that on Surfinia trailing petunias, but had great success taking cuttings from them.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. karaman

are slug rings effective?

Send me a PM with your address Ziggy and I'll see what I get when I try to dig some up (I grew them for last year, they were too skinny to be any good, so I left them there as my book said "Can be...
    Send me a PM with your address Ziggy and I'll see what I get when I try to dig some up (I grew them for last year, they were too skinny to be any good, so I left them there as my book said "Can be eaten in the second year if too skinny in the first year")Mind you ... if I dig them up and they...
    Send me a PM with your address Ziggy and I'll see what I get when I try to dig some up (I grew them for last year, they were too skinny to be any good, so I left them there as my book said "Can be eaten in the second year if too skinny in the...
    Send me a PM with your address Ziggy and I'll see what I get when I try to dig some up (I grew them for last year, they were too skinny to be any good, so I left them there as my book said "Can be...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. RipSlider

Are pots practical for permant planting of "big" plants?

I did not ask the question about pots ,but I have pick up some very good tips that I can use in my own garden. See you can learn a lot by just browsing this site.Many thanks to you all. I am...
    I did not ask the question about pots ,but I have pick up some very good tips that I can use in my own garden. See you can learn a lot by just browsing this site.Many thanks to you all. I am so glad I found you . Barb.
    I did not ask the question about pots ,but I have pick up some very good tips that I can use in my own garden. See you can learn a lot by just browsing this site.Many thanks to you all. I am so glad I found you . Barb.
    I did not ask the question about pots ,but I have pick up some very good tips that I can use in my own garden. See you can learn a lot by just browsing this site.Many thanks to you all. I am...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Freedom_Spark

Are poppies a short lived flower?

Thanks everyone, I wasn't aware that they would keep producing if I took the seed heads off, shows what a beginner I actually am, but have started to remove some, turns out their short lived...
    Thanks everyone, I wasn't aware that they would keep producing if I took the seed heads off, shows what a beginner I actually am, but have started to remove some, turns out their short lived nature isn't really causing to much trouble to my little colourful, messy corner because there are so...
    Thanks everyone, I wasn't aware that they would keep producing if I took the seed heads off, shows what a beginner I actually am, but have started to remove some, turns out their short lived nature isn't really causing to much trouble to my...
    Thanks everyone, I wasn't aware that they would keep producing if I took the seed heads off, shows what a beginner I actually am, but have started to remove some, turns out their short lived...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Lisa+Jon

Are our plants doing ok?

Thankyou for all your comments, one more question do we need to nip out the sideshoots on our peppers??Many Thanks
    Thankyou for all your comments, one more question do we need to nip out the sideshoots on our peppers??Many Thanks
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Kristen

Are Nicotiana perennials?

I'll tell you next Spring!
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. ennnceee

Are my tomatoes slow or am I imagining it?

I'm sorry to hear you have blight @JWK :sad:, it's so frustrating when you put in all that work :gaah:
    I'm sorry to hear you have blight @JWK :sad:, it's so frustrating when you put in all that work :gaah:
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. jennywren

Are my squash seeds done for?

Well not quite, Bon Bon and Festival have all germinated and Sweet Dumpling looks to be breaking through. Nothing doing with other six varieties....
    Well not quite, Bon Bon and Festival have all germinated and Sweet Dumpling looks to be breaking through. Nothing doing with other six varieties....
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice