1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views ↓
Last Message
  1. Flora Poste

Spring bulbs

So why not just chuck them now if she is not going to get any flowers and then they will die? or have I missed something?I would take a chance on it, I am a bit in the same boat as I could not...
    So why not just chuck them now if she is not going to get any flowers and then they will die? or have I missed something?I would take a chance on it, I am a bit in the same boat as I could not get bulbs in last Autumn because of my accident, I stuck them in last month and I am optamistic!The...
    So why not just chuck them now if she is not going to get any flowers and then they will die? or have I missed something?I would take a chance on it, I am a bit in the same boat as I could not get bulbs in last Autumn because of my accident, I...
    So why not just chuck them now if she is not going to get any flowers and then they will die? or have I missed something?I would take a chance on it, I am a bit in the same boat as I could not...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. dalbuie

New Clematis

We have it, a really nice mid season flowerer.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. captain kev

retaining boundary

I read the same in the current issue of " Grow your own veg " magazine !
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Victoria Plum

Climber questions

Please God grant me patience ---- And do it right NOW!!!!! :hehe:
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Vince

What to sow in snow?

Spring Kelsae onions would cause some comments in a salad:D
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Mark Smith

Can this be saved?

The 'cutting' can be chucked into a gritty compost....or just grit/pea shingle or sand. A lot of the time I've had them send out roots where they fell(were kicked off after having stabbed me)
    The 'cutting' can be chucked into a gritty compost....or just grit/pea shingle or sand. A lot of the time I've had them send out roots where they fell(were kicked off after having stabbed me)
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. longk
    Like x 5

Alliums - the great survivors!

I had a few hundred (ish) this year where the seed dropped last year. This was just my back up in case they didn't germinate in situ. I might dig a couple up and see if they're any larger.It...
    I had a few hundred (ish) this year where the seed dropped last year. This was just my back up in case they didn't germinate in situ. I might dig a couple up and see if they're any larger.It gradually diminished here too and did not set seed either.
    I had a few hundred (ish) this year where the seed dropped last year. This was just my back up in case they didn't germinate in situ. I might dig a couple up and see if they're any larger.It gradually diminished here too and did not set seed...
    I had a few hundred (ish) this year where the seed dropped last year. This was just my back up in case they didn't germinate in situ. I might dig a couple up and see if they're any larger.It...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Scotkat

Unknown Clematis

Dony know Im afraid but its VERY pretty!
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. rustyroots

Comfrey.

Hi All,I want some comfrey to make liquid feed from. I had blocking 14 in my last garden but forgot to dig some up to bring with me. Does anyone know a reputable place to get some as I don't...
    Hi All,I want some comfrey to make liquid feed from. I had blocking 14 in my last garden but forgot to dig some up to bring with me. Does anyone know a reputable place to get some as I don't want a non sterile cerci soon to take over the garden?Regards Rusty
    Hi All,I want some comfrey to make liquid feed from. I had blocking 14 in my last garden but forgot to dig some up to bring with me. Does anyone know a reputable place to get some as I don't want a non sterile cerci soon to take over the...
    Hi All,I want some comfrey to make liquid feed from. I had blocking 14 in my last garden but forgot to dig some up to bring with me. Does anyone know a reputable place to get some as I don't...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. supermum10

Problem Pears

Pears suffer with fungi attacks and some of the blame is host trees that reinfect.
    Pears suffer with fungi attacks and some of the blame is host trees that reinfect.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. clueless1

Camelia Japonica

I've got a couple of camellias growing in the garden and my soil is not acid.I've scattered some sulphur around over the years and dug in peat way back when I planted them. Recently top dressed...
    I've got a couple of camellias growing in the garden and my soil is not acid.I've scattered some sulphur around over the years and dug in peat way back when I planted them. Recently top dressed with a thick layer of pine bark.They look greener than ever now and loaded with buds.You can...
    I've got a couple of camellias growing in the garden and my soil is not acid.I've scattered some sulphur around over the years and dug in peat way back when I planted them. Recently top dressed with a thick layer of pine bark.They look...
    I've got a couple of camellias growing in the garden and my soil is not acid.I've scattered some sulphur around over the years and dug in peat way back when I planted them. Recently top dressed...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. rosa

grape vine

I have a balcony planted a grape vine vitis Boskop glory last year in a large pot, I dont know how to prune it and i chopped the top off it has just these past few weeks started to come back it...
    I have a balcony planted a grape vine vitis Boskop glory last year in a large pot, I dont know how to prune it and i chopped the top off it has just these past few weeks started to come back it looks ok, does any members know anything about these grape vines, i have it growing up a pagola. I get...
    I have a balcony planted a grape vine vitis Boskop glory last year in a large pot, I dont know how to prune it and i chopped the top off it has just these past few weeks started to come back it looks ok, does any members know anything about these...
    I have a balcony planted a grape vine vitis Boskop glory last year in a large pot, I dont know how to prune it and i chopped the top off it has just these past few weeks started to come back it...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. capney

Its started

It's a magical time, I get a real kick seeing seeds germinate every year. :thumb:
    It's a magical time, I get a real kick seeing seeds germinate every year. :thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. johnnywas

time for action

This is how I do it:Treat the moss first with lawn sand or iron sulphate in soulution and scarify after its gone black.spot treat weeds with verdoneOverseed and a liquid feed of seaweed or...
    This is how I do it:Treat the moss first with lawn sand or iron sulphate in soulution and scarify after its gone black.spot treat weeds with verdoneOverseed and a liquid feed of seaweed or phostrogen.In time, bare patches were the weeds were, scratch up then a handfull of seed over...
    This is how I do it:Treat the moss first with lawn sand or iron sulphate in soulution and scarify after its gone black.spot treat weeds with verdoneOverseed and a liquid feed of seaweed or phostrogen.In time, bare patches were the weeds...
    This is how I do it:Treat the moss first with lawn sand or iron sulphate in soulution and scarify after its gone black.spot treat weeds with verdoneOverseed and a liquid feed of seaweed or...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. wiseowl

wallflowers

Saw this sweetpea today
    Saw this sweetpea today
    Saw this sweetpea today
    Saw this sweetpea today
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. miraflores

passion flower - poll

They do look rather alien. Or perhaps a flower constructed from odds and ends, by someone who has never actually seen a real one. But I quite like them.
    They do look rather alien. Or perhaps a flower constructed from odds and ends, by someone who has never actually seen a real one. But I quite like them.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. daz and debs

mulch help please

Thanks guys for the advice.all the best...daz
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. macleaf

Candyfloss

Have found phone no of the compost bin people as follows:-08450732002 :cool:
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Osbaldwick

Blooming Direct Voucher

Just came across this in another forum If you buy anything from Blooming Direct then put in the code BLOOMING5 at the checkout then you get 5% off. Not sure on the expiry date and haven't tried...
    Just came across this in another forum If you buy anything from Blooming Direct then put in the code BLOOMING5 at the checkout then you get 5% off. Not sure on the expiry date and haven't tried it myself. Hope this helps
    Just came across this in another forum If you buy anything from Blooming Direct then put in the code BLOOMING5 at the checkout then you get 5% off. Not sure on the expiry date and haven't tried it myself. Hope this helps
    Just came across this in another forum If you buy anything from Blooming Direct then put in the code BLOOMING5 at the checkout then you get 5% off. Not sure on the expiry date and haven't tried...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. cattwoman25

neighbours

Originally posted by Daitheplant:That would be the problem David, if you could get the inconsiderate 'people' to cut them down to that height in the first place.That is your local council's...
    Originally posted by Daitheplant:That would be the problem David, if you could get the inconsiderate 'people' to cut them down to that height in the first place.That is your local council's job and I think it is time to stop asking the neighbours to do something and telling the local...
    Originally posted by Daitheplant:That would be the problem David, if you could get the inconsiderate 'people' to cut them down to that height in the first place.That is your local council's job and I think it is time to stop asking the...
    Originally posted by Daitheplant:That would be the problem David, if you could get the inconsiderate 'people' to cut them down to that height in the first place.That is your local council's...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice