General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title
Replies ↓ Views
Last Message
  1. mabelline

Pole Dancing Plants

Have you tried B&Q or homebase? if not go to B&Q and buy a piece of black pipe and get some moss and wrap it round yourself tying on with wire. Hope that's some help.
    Have you tried B&Q or homebase? if not go to B&Q and buy a piece of black pipe and get some moss and wrap it round yourself tying on with wire. Hope that's some help.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Waco

Lotery Mix

Sounds like your going to have some fun sorting that lot out Waco.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Sarah_999

Water butts from the water companies

Yeah my Mum and Dad have sent off for this too, they haven't got the room for another composter so guess where that's going to live??!! :D :D It's a great offer...might send off for one...
    Yeah my Mum and Dad have sent off for this too, they haven't got the room for another composter so guess where that's going to live??!! :D :D It's a great offer...might send off for one myself :rolleyes:
    Yeah my Mum and Dad have sent off for this too, they haven't got the room for another composter so guess where that's going to live??!! :D :D It's a great offer...might send off for one myself :rolleyes:
    Yeah my Mum and Dad have sent off for this too, they haven't got the room for another composter so guess where that's going to live??!! :D :D It's a great offer...might send off for one...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. jay

Plant shelter

What about growing some of the grasses that trail over such as Stipa arundinacia or Dierama. Of course this depends on your soil around the pond. I guess with it being in full sun it would be dry...
    What about growing some of the grasses that trail over such as Stipa arundinacia or Dierama. Of course this depends on your soil around the pond. I guess with it being in full sun it would be dry to medium soil. Please correct me if I am wrong. If I can think of any others I will post them again.
    What about growing some of the grasses that trail over such as Stipa arundinacia or Dierama. Of course this depends on your soil around the pond. I guess with it being in full sun it would be dry to medium soil. Please correct me if I am wrong....
    What about growing some of the grasses that trail over such as Stipa arundinacia or Dierama. Of course this depends on your soil around the pond. I guess with it being in full sun it would be dry...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Claire75
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Jon19

Advise needed

Jon looks like the shrubs and trees are taking the moisture out of the ground you may be better redefining the edge of the grass cut it back and cut any encroaching roots, if you then keep this...
    Jon looks like the shrubs and trees are taking the moisture out of the ground you may be better redefining the edge of the grass cut it back and cut any encroaching roots, if you then keep this area dug over it will stop the roots invading again
    Jon looks like the shrubs and trees are taking the moisture out of the ground you may be better redefining the edge of the grass cut it back and cut any encroaching roots, if you then keep this area dug over it will stop the roots invading again
    Jon looks like the shrubs and trees are taking the moisture out of the ground you may be better redefining the edge of the grass cut it back and cut any encroaching roots, if you then keep this...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. paul walker

plug

Hi Paul, I would suggest putting the root and soil bits in little plastic baggies then rolling the whole plant up in newspapers being careful not to squash them. Then put all in another plastic...
    Hi Paul, I would suggest putting the root and soil bits in little plastic baggies then rolling the whole plant up in newspapers being careful not to squash them. Then put all in another plastic bag (so the clothes don't get messed up) but leave the top open so that air gets in and the plants...
    Hi Paul, I would suggest putting the root and soil bits in little plastic baggies then rolling the whole plant up in newspapers being careful not to squash them. Then put all in another plastic bag (so the clothes don't get messed up) but leave...
    Hi Paul, I would suggest putting the root and soil bits in little plastic baggies then rolling the whole plant up in newspapers being careful not to squash them. Then put all in another plastic...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Stokie

Ipomoea indica help

They are certainly hardy enough to survive winter in a greenhouse, and if they like the position they grow like other more common ipomoeas.They are said to be much hardier than the normal ones....
    They are certainly hardy enough to survive winter in a greenhouse, and if they like the position they grow like other more common ipomoeas.They are said to be much hardier than the normal ones. This site has a picture and brief description, just put 'ipomoea indica' in the search...
    They are certainly hardy enough to survive winter in a greenhouse, and if they like the position they grow like other more common ipomoeas.They are said to be much hardier than the normal ones. This site has a picture and brief description, just...
    They are certainly hardy enough to survive winter in a greenhouse, and if they like the position they grow like other more common ipomoeas.They are said to be much hardier than the normal ones....
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. daz and debs

i built this over easter

sorry didnt work ill try again
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. pete

Last years begonias

Looks like they'll make it, pete. Another beauty I miss here although perhaps I could try them under the Jacaranda in the shade where I have my Fuchsias, Cyclamen, Bilbergia, Spider Plant and...
    Looks like they'll make it, pete. Another beauty I miss here although perhaps I could try them under the Jacaranda in the shade where I have my Fuchsias, Cyclamen, Bilbergia, Spider Plant and various house plants which all stay outside all winter. Actually, think I do have a mini pom-pom (gum...
    Looks like they'll make it, pete. Another beauty I miss here although perhaps I could try them under the Jacaranda in the shade where I have my Fuchsias, Cyclamen, Bilbergia, Spider Plant and various house plants which all stay outside all...
    Looks like they'll make it, pete. Another beauty I miss here although perhaps I could try them under the Jacaranda in the shade where I have my Fuchsias, Cyclamen, Bilbergia, Spider Plant and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. geoff

Storing Bulbs

Geoff, they should be allowed to grow on now for a good couple of months or so. Are they outside in the ground or in pots? Either way they need to grow good leaves that will build up a good bulb...
    Geoff, they should be allowed to grow on now for a good couple of months or so. Are they outside in the ground or in pots? Either way they need to grow good leaves that will build up a good bulb for next year. Later on you can dry them off and store them dry until the autumn when you can...
    Geoff, they should be allowed to grow on now for a good couple of months or so. Are they outside in the ground or in pots? Either way they need to grow good leaves that will build up a good bulb for next year. Later on you can dry them off and...
    Geoff, they should be allowed to grow on now for a good couple of months or so. Are they outside in the ground or in pots? Either way they need to grow good leaves that will build up a good bulb...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Time

miss lucy lillies.

http://plants.thompson-morgan.com/uk/en/product/8178/1?RA=tiscali Is this what you're looking for Time?
    http://plants.thompson-morgan.com/uk/en/product/8178/1?RA=tiscali Is this what you're looking for Time?
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. 5lbcod

weedkiller

welcome 5lbcod. Go to your local garden centre and get a box of Evergreen weed and Feed. Use as directed and your problem should soon be solved. After a few weeks reseed any bald patches. David.
    welcome 5lbcod. Go to your local garden centre and get a box of Evergreen weed and Feed. Use as directed and your problem should soon be solved. After a few weeks reseed any bald patches. David.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. PLOTTY

MY WEEK : 13 UPDATE POSTED

Nice work Stephen, picture shows sre good too, you have been busy!
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Hornbeam

Aspidistra flowers

Not sure if you saw this HBthey still havn't got to the surface yet.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. r2oo

Anyone got any Scleranthus biflorus?

All I can find is that it likes a well drained soil, and keeo it flattened to avoid brown patches! It sounds a great plant, seems to be from NZ. How big are your plants and are they really moss...
    All I can find is that it likes a well drained soil, and keeo it flattened to avoid brown patches! It sounds a great plant, seems to be from NZ. How big are your plants and are they really moss like? Looks lovely http://www.trevenacross.co.uk/shop/page8p.htm Sounds as if it should be...
    All I can find is that it likes a well drained soil, and keeo it flattened to avoid brown patches! It sounds a great plant, seems to be from NZ. How big are your plants and are they really moss like? Looks lovely ...
    All I can find is that it likes a well drained soil, and keeo it flattened to avoid brown patches! It sounds a great plant, seems to be from NZ. How big are your plants and are they really moss...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. whis4ey

How I Built a Japanese Garden

That was certainly some venture you took on W and what a result. A fantastic garden.
    That was certainly some venture you took on W and what a result. A fantastic garden.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. r2oo

How to be a gardener on DVD???

It's not mentioned on the BBC site or on Amazon, r200, but if you follow this link, you can get some useful info here http://www.bbc.co.uk/gardening/how_to_be_a_gardener/The books are good...
    It's not mentioned on the BBC site or on Amazon, r200, but if you follow this link, you can get some useful info here http://www.bbc.co.uk/gardening/how_to_be_a_gardener/The books are good too, as are all the Titchmarsh books, although I've been told that he doesn't actually write them...
    It's not mentioned on the BBC site or on Amazon, r200, but if you follow this link, you can get some useful info here http://www.bbc.co.uk/gardening/how_to_be_a_gardener/The books are good too, as are all the Titchmarsh books, although I've...
    It's not mentioned on the BBC site or on Amazon, r200, but if you follow this link, you can get some useful info here http://www.bbc.co.uk/gardening/how_to_be_a_gardener/The books are good...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Rich

Lemon blossom

It looks fantastic, Rich!T'other half's lime tree is now recouperated from a curly leaf symdrone and looks great and my ruby grapefruit is doing well in it's first year (with me). Do you expect...
    It looks fantastic, Rich!T'other half's lime tree is now recouperated from a curly leaf symdrone and looks great and my ruby grapefruit is doing well in it's first year (with me). Do you expect to get fruit?By the way, the Bilbegia has rooted and is doing exceptionally well, thank you! Not...
    It looks fantastic, Rich!T'other half's lime tree is now recouperated from a curly leaf symdrone and looks great and my ruby grapefruit is doing well in it's first year (with me). Do you expect to get fruit?By the way, the Bilbegia has...
    It looks fantastic, Rich!T'other half's lime tree is now recouperated from a curly leaf symdrone and looks great and my ruby grapefruit is doing well in it's first year (with me). Do you expect...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Rich

Seedlings appearing.

Rich,I have grown Mirabilis,mine is the yellow variety with seeds that are black and round,and mine come up like weeds,and that is with no special attention.The tubers are black in colour and look...
    Rich,I have grown Mirabilis,mine is the yellow variety with seeds that are black and round,and mine come up like weeds,and that is with no special attention.The tubers are black in colour and look a bit like carrots.I just sow mine in multi purpose compost,water them and just put them on the...
    Rich,I have grown Mirabilis,mine is the yellow variety with seeds that are black and round,and mine come up like weeds,and that is with no special attention.The tubers are black in colour and look a bit like carrots.I just sow mine in multi...
    Rich,I have grown Mirabilis,mine is the yellow variety with seeds that are black and round,and mine come up like weeds,and that is with no special attention.The tubers are black in colour and look...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice