As you say HB, never give up.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Rachelbrigoli

raspberry pruning

Hi! Thanks for your reply, this is really helpful! I’ll make sure I feed them well and fingers crossed I’ll have a good crop.
    Hi! Thanks for your reply, this is really helpful! I’ll make sure I feed them well and fingers crossed I’ll have a good crop.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Victoria Plum

Spending Vouchers

I was given £30 in Homebase vouchers last summer when I left a job to start a new one (I returned 6 weeks later, but that's another story!). There was nothing I wanted especially in Homebase, so...
    I was given £30 in Homebase vouchers last summer when I left a job to start a new one (I returned 6 weeks later, but that's another story!). There was nothing I wanted especially in Homebase, so I used them on small things - acid free compost, a large pot to move my Fig tree into. Things like...
    I was given £30 in Homebase vouchers last summer when I left a job to start a new one (I returned 6 weeks later, but that's another story!). There was nothing I wanted especially in Homebase, so I used them on small things - acid free compost, a...
    I was given £30 in Homebase vouchers last summer when I left a job to start a new one (I returned 6 weeks later, but that's another story!). There was nothing I wanted especially in Homebase, so...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. jem218

what can i plant now?

are there any plants i can still plant now this late in the year? i am moving houseand gotta start again and want to know what i can get in quick kind regards jane:lollol:
    are there any plants i can still plant now this late in the year? i am moving houseand gotta start again and want to know what i can get in quick kind regards jane:lollol:
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. clueless1

Bargains at Wilkos

My soft fruit family has scored three new members today.I can't remember the individual prices (they were on a multi deal thing) but it works out at £2.65 each, I got 2 plants of red goosegog,...
    My soft fruit family has scored three new members today.I can't remember the individual prices (they were on a multi deal thing) but it works out at £2.65 each, I got 2 plants of red goosegog, plus one loganberry. They're all alive even, and healthy looking specimens.
    My soft fruit family has scored three new members today.I can't remember the individual prices (they were on a multi deal thing) but it works out at £2.65 each, I got 2 plants of red goosegog, plus one loganberry. They're all alive even, and...
    My soft fruit family has scored three new members today.I can't remember the individual prices (they were on a multi deal thing) but it works out at £2.65 each, I got 2 plants of red goosegog,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. adamsh

Feed

Hi All,In addition to the maxicrop seaweed liquid, should I feed the lawn with anything else? I noticed these 2 online, I dont have any weeds or moss so dont need a weed killer combo, would...
    Hi All,In addition to the maxicrop seaweed liquid, should I feed the lawn with anything else? I noticed these 2 online, I dont have any weeds or moss so dont need a weed killer combo, would either be ok?Last year I fed the lawn every 4 to 6 weeks with the Miracle gro product below....
    Hi All,In addition to the maxicrop seaweed liquid, should I feed the lawn with anything else? I noticed these 2 online, I dont have any weeds or moss so dont need a weed killer combo, would either be ok?Last year I fed the lawn every 4 to...
    Hi All,In addition to the maxicrop seaweed liquid, should I feed the lawn with anything else? I noticed these 2 online, I dont have any weeds or moss so dont need a weed killer combo, would...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. nick glenn

Planting a hedge in SW Ontario

Hi Nick......we used to have an elm hedge around the front yard, it can grow really high, but we only needed to trim it maybe once a month. Other then that, it was low maitnence. There are a...
    Hi Nick......we used to have an elm hedge around the front yard, it can grow really high, but we only needed to trim it maybe once a month. Other then that, it was low maitnence. There are a few types of junipers that would be nice, but if you want to stay away from those, i would pop into...
    Hi Nick......we used to have an elm hedge around the front yard, it can grow really high, but we only needed to trim it maybe once a month. Other then that, it was low maitnence. There are a few types of junipers that would be nice, but if...
    Hi Nick......we used to have an elm hedge around the front yard, it can grow really high, but we only needed to trim it maybe once a month. Other then that, it was low maitnence. There are a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Waco

How big is your mouth?

My own feeling is that you are better to let nature take its course - sometimes the mums come back for them, but they are reluctant if they have been handeled by humans.
    My own feeling is that you are better to let nature take its course - sometimes the mums come back for them, but they are reluctant if they have been handeled by humans.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. elainefiz

Big`ns, but not mine...

... just make sure they don't have foot and mouth or blue tongue disease ... :eek: :eek:Have my pork with crackling ready for tomorrow ...
    ... just make sure they don't have foot and mouth or blue tongue disease ... :eek: :eek:Have my pork with crackling ready for tomorrow ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Lolimac

Wax for grafting...

It's worth a try and if you've got enough plant material in case it doesn't work then you haven't lost anything. The only difference there may be is that candle wax when set is hard and crumbles....
    It's worth a try and if you've got enough plant material in case it doesn't work then you haven't lost anything. The only difference there may be is that candle wax when set is hard and crumbles. Bees wax is softer I think.
    It's worth a try and if you've got enough plant material in case it doesn't work then you haven't lost anything. The only difference there may be is that candle wax when set is hard and crumbles. Bees wax is softer I think.
    It's worth a try and if you've got enough plant material in case it doesn't work then you haven't lost anything. The only difference there may be is that candle wax when set is hard and crumbles....
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. elf

Advice please!

elf, very important - don't add the nettles and your own urine at the same time :eek: :eek: ouch :D
    elf, very important - don't add the nettles and your own urine at the same time :eek: :eek: ouch :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. BastLoki

Newbie with raised bed blues

Mal I think you have to make sure the graft onto the rootstock and the point from which the branches originate is always at soil level not below as this I think increases the risk of rose die...
    Mal I think you have to make sure the graft onto the rootstock and the point from which the branches originate is always at soil level not below as this I think increases the risk of rose die back.. Could you build a little wall around the rose plant 1st so the soil level stays the same for...
    Mal I think you have to make sure the graft onto the rootstock and the point from which the branches originate is always at soil level not below as this I think increases the risk of rose die back.. Could you build a little wall around the...
    Mal I think you have to make sure the graft onto the rootstock and the point from which the branches originate is always at soil level not below as this I think increases the risk of rose die...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Simon Peake

Will conifer be ok.?

We have used that back gate for the last 49 years to get to our vegetable garden which is the other side of the dark brown fence, it’s my mothers bungalow and she’s 87 and lived down there for...
    We have used that back gate for the last 49 years to get to our vegetable garden which is the other side of the dark brown fence, it’s my mothers bungalow and she’s 87 and lived down there for the last 65years always got on very well with the 2 previous owners of the factory so never had a...
    We have used that back gate for the last 49 years to get to our vegetable garden which is the other side of the dark brown fence, it’s my mothers bungalow and she’s 87 and lived down there for the last 65years always got on very well with the 2...
    We have used that back gate for the last 49 years to get to our vegetable garden which is the other side of the dark brown fence, it’s my mothers bungalow and she’s 87 and lived down there for...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. keentolearn

new house 4

1 and 4 are the Spiraea, 2 and 3 are the Hebe.:dbgrtmb: What colour flowers does the Spiraea have?
    1 and 4 are the Spiraea, 2 and 3 are the Hebe.:dbgrtmb: What colour flowers does the Spiraea have?
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. The Pea Of Sweetness

Raised flower beds

i THINK YOU MAY HAVE BETTER RESULTS WITH ALL DIFFERENT TYPES OF POTS/CONTAINERS. YOU CAN GET SOME FAIRLY GOOD SIZE THINGS FROM RECLAIMATION YARDS ETC.. IN THEORY ALL YOU ARE DOING IS CREATING A...
    i THINK YOU MAY HAVE BETTER RESULTS WITH ALL DIFFERENT TYPES OF POTS/CONTAINERS. YOU CAN GET SOME FAIRLY GOOD SIZE THINGS FROM RECLAIMATION YARDS ETC.. IN THEORY ALL YOU ARE DOING IS CREATING A LARGE CONTAINER.
    i THINK YOU MAY HAVE BETTER RESULTS WITH ALL DIFFERENT TYPES OF POTS/CONTAINERS. YOU CAN GET SOME FAIRLY GOOD SIZE THINGS FROM RECLAIMATION YARDS ETC.. IN THEORY ALL YOU ARE DOING IS CREATING A LARGE CONTAINER.
    i THINK YOU MAY HAVE BETTER RESULTS WITH ALL DIFFERENT TYPES OF POTS/CONTAINERS. YOU CAN GET SOME FAIRLY GOOD SIZE THINGS FROM RECLAIMATION YARDS ETC.. IN THEORY ALL YOU ARE DOING IS CREATING A...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. redfifi1717

Summer bulbs

i think you could pot these up for now and keep in cold greenhouse, if only to get every1 involved,dont plant them deep so you can see progress and top them up if necessary .. normally they would...
    i think you could pot these up for now and keep in cold greenhouse, if only to get every1 involved,dont plant them deep so you can see progress and top them up if necessary .. normally they would be planted whre they are to flower, but this method will prove more interesting
    i think you could pot these up for now and keep in cold greenhouse, if only to get every1 involved,dont plant them deep so you can see progress and top them up if necessary .. normally they would be planted whre they are to flower, but this...
    i think you could pot these up for now and keep in cold greenhouse, if only to get every1 involved,dont plant them deep so you can see progress and top them up if necessary .. normally they would...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. HarryS

Pyracanthus berries ?

If you can put up with them Harry they will eventually shrivel and fall off by themselves. If not give them a helping hand. :)
    If you can put up with them Harry they will eventually shrivel and fall off by themselves. If not give them a helping hand. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Alex Buchanan

Help! Gardening Tips!!

Alex: My garden is really my wife's garden! That is when there are flowers to cut for the house or when she is showing her friends round. It is also the play area for a five years old labrador dog...
    Alex: My garden is really my wife's garden! That is when there are flowers to cut for the house or when she is showing her friends round. It is also the play area for a five years old labrador dog as well as his 'toilet' area much of the time. With squirrels digging their holes in the lawn -...
    Alex: My garden is really my wife's garden! That is when there are flowers to cut for the house or when she is showing her friends round. It is also the play area for a five years old labrador dog as well as his 'toilet' area much of the time....
    Alex: My garden is really my wife's garden! That is when there are flowers to cut for the house or when she is showing her friends round. It is also the play area for a five years old labrador dog...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. daz and debs

First video of the year

Good morning all hope your all well and survived hopfully the worst of the winter.I just done a video of the the garden im affraid it isnt very exiting just yet as its only feb still .However its...
    Good morning all hope your all well and survived hopfully the worst of the winter.I just done a video of the the garden im affraid it isnt very exiting just yet as its only feb still .However its nice to look back on later in the year so to see how well the plants have grown.....daz
    Good morning all hope your all well and survived hopfully the worst of the winter.I just done a video of the the garden im affraid it isnt very exiting just yet as its only feb still .However its nice to look back on later in the year so to see...
    Good morning all hope your all well and survived hopfully the worst of the winter.I just done a video of the the garden im affraid it isnt very exiting just yet as its only feb still .However its...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Liz W

Lilies

i got abot 9 more to cut and use in the house.took some photo's but deleted them :mad: by accident:mad::mad::mad:
    i got abot 9 more to cut and use in the house.took some photo's but deleted them :mad: by accident:mad::mad::mad:
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice