1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. petal

What Weed?

White spathe type flowers will come along soon followed by bright red berrys.I have a clump in my garden, which I left when I reclaimed the area.
    White spathe type flowers will come along soon followed by bright red berrys.I have a clump in my garden, which I left when I reclaimed the area.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Dave_In_His_Garden

Moving Hellebores

I had forgotten to add in my post this morning that the grower of C. graecum in the US gardens in Michigan.Palustris, I don't know if you have got the wrong end of the stick here... nobody, or...
    I had forgotten to add in my post this morning that the grower of C. graecum in the US gardens in Michigan.Palustris, I don't know if you have got the wrong end of the stick here... nobody, or at least not me, is having a go at what you've said. All we can do on a site like this is post our...
    I had forgotten to add in my post this morning that the grower of C. graecum in the US gardens in Michigan.Palustris, I don't know if you have got the wrong end of the stick here... nobody, or at least not me, is having a go at what you've...
    I had forgotten to add in my post this morning that the grower of C. graecum in the US gardens in Michigan.Palustris, I don't know if you have got the wrong end of the stick here... nobody, or...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Rich

Butterbur - I paid �£4.50 for a weed

Someone on here has got that as their Signature ;)Nathan
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. fionaclancy

Bamboo needs saving

thank goodness you were nt left the cat!
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. beth priest

rockeries

i hope you mean on the morning after, not on way back home from pub!
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Waco

How small can you get?

There are some very small ones at the Savill Gardens - can't remember their names, but will try to find out. Somehow managed not to see your post before this, Waco!! D'uh! So I've been searching...
    There are some very small ones at the Savill Gardens - can't remember their names, but will try to find out. Somehow managed not to see your post before this, Waco!! D'uh! So I've been searching and ended up with what both of you had alrady found!!The Savill Gardens site was no use at all - but...
    There are some very small ones at the Savill Gardens - can't remember their names, but will try to find out. Somehow managed not to see your post before this, Waco!! D'uh! So I've been searching and ended up with what both of you had alrady...
    There are some very small ones at the Savill Gardens - can't remember their names, but will try to find out. Somehow managed not to see your post before this, Waco!! D'uh! So I've been searching...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Stingo

Wooden Arch

Thanks for all of those tips, I'll take them on board.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. dollyboo

Grass under Monterrey Pine

blow the needle on to the grass then suck up
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. lazy-gardener

do slugs like lupins and ice plants?

OMG! What a perfect answer! :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. PeterS

Seed info

I tried to reply to this a couple of days ago, but the site wouldn't let me!! Anyway - I thoroughly agree with Hans - great stuff, downloaded, printed off, read, and filed!! Thanks, PeterS :D
    I tried to reply to this a couple of days ago, but the site wouldn't let me!! Anyway - I thoroughly agree with Hans - great stuff, downloaded, printed off, read, and filed!! Thanks, PeterS :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. wishaw

Pampas Grass

It's taken long enough, TLG!!
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. lazy-gardener

when shall I prick out my seedlings?

I plaated my seeds straight into peat post this year in groups of 2/3, intending to destroy weaker seedlings - BUT I think Peter has had too much of an influence on me and when I pulled them out...
    I plaated my seeds straight into peat post this year in groups of 2/3, intending to destroy weaker seedlings - BUT I think Peter has had too much of an influence on me and when I pulled them out last Sunday I could not destroy them so planted them into new peat post and they look fine.
    I plaated my seeds straight into peat post this year in groups of 2/3, intending to destroy weaker seedlings - BUT I think Peter has had too much of an influence on me and when I pulled them out last Sunday I could not destroy them so planted...
    I plaated my seeds straight into peat post this year in groups of 2/3, intending to destroy weaker seedlings - BUT I think Peter has had too much of an influence on me and when I pulled them out...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. wildflower

shrubs to screen a north facing fence..

look at http://ashridgetrees.co.uk/ and others selling packages, there is still time to plant bare rooted plants http://www.tree-shop.co.uk/index.asp
    look at http://ashridgetrees.co.uk/ and others selling packages, there is still time to plant bare rooted plants http://www.tree-shop.co.uk/index.asp
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Webmaster

Found some interesting seeds on Ebay ....

Liz, I've got a Ficus Religiosa, dont think thats a banyan tree but its similar. Peepul Tree, Never grown any aerial roots, guess it needs to get bigger and more humidity.
    Liz, I've got a Ficus Religiosa, dont think thats a banyan tree but its similar. Peepul Tree, Never grown any aerial roots, guess it needs to get bigger and more humidity.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. mowgley

Brown Dwarf conifer

that's what I call a practical gardener!! got to be realistic, haven't you! :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. sawfish

No Worms!!

I once went to a talk about worms and compost and it seems that earthworms and compost woms are entirely diferent so it may not do any good to put composty worms on the garden.
    I once went to a talk about worms and compost and it seems that earthworms and compost woms are entirely diferent so it may not do any good to put composty worms on the garden.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. michael

what price should i pay per meter for a garden

Is it worth considering renting rather than buying? And informally instead of formally, to keep solicitors from profitingout of it? My in-laws did this, had great use of the estra area for veg,...
    Is it worth considering renting rather than buying? And informally instead of formally, to keep solicitors from profitingout of it? My in-laws did this, had great use of the estra area for veg, and it returned to the original owners when my f-i-law died, and there was nobody to make good use...
    Is it worth considering renting rather than buying? And informally instead of formally, to keep solicitors from profitingout of it? My in-laws did this, had great use of the estra area for veg, and it returned to the original owners when my...
    Is it worth considering renting rather than buying? And informally instead of formally, to keep solicitors from profitingout of it? My in-laws did this, had great use of the estra area for veg,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. maverick

Weeds

completely agree with TLG - get stout gloves, hack brambles back, chop into small bits to pout in bags to take to tip, then dig out the roots - deep!! As for nettles - their roots spread a lot too...
    completely agree with TLG - get stout gloves, hack brambles back, chop into small bits to pout in bags to take to tip, then dig out the roots - deep!! As for nettles - their roots spread a lot too - very yellow and fibrous - dig it ALL out, and compost it if you can - otherwise - local tip, for...
    completely agree with TLG - get stout gloves, hack brambles back, chop into small bits to pout in bags to take to tip, then dig out the roots - deep!! As for nettles - their roots spread a lot too - very yellow and fibrous - dig it ALL out, and...
    completely agree with TLG - get stout gloves, hack brambles back, chop into small bits to pout in bags to take to tip, then dig out the roots - deep!! As for nettles - their roots spread a lot too...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Honey Bee

Almonds

Amazing and interesting what you can find in rubbish, Liz.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. robbo

Growing from seed

Thanks for all the help, will wait till they hit the garden centres. cheers
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice