1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. DAG

Watering philosophy

Then there was m' dear old Mum's method (Ex Land Army). After planting out she would give em' a watering then stand there with a defiant look on her face and say, "Now grow you bu....rs, grow!"
    Then there was m' dear old Mum's method (Ex Land Army). After planting out she would give em' a watering then stand there with a defiant look on her face and say, "Now grow you bu....rs, grow!"
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. cazza

Summer Bulbs

Whilst agreeing that curves, drifts, and more informal planting is my preference - there are some gardens where blocks and regimented planting can look really good. Depends on the garden, and its...
    Whilst agreeing that curves, drifts, and more informal planting is my preference - there are some gardens where blocks and regimented planting can look really good. Depends on the garden, and its purpose 'spose.
    Whilst agreeing that curves, drifts, and more informal planting is my preference - there are some gardens where blocks and regimented planting can look really good. Depends on the garden, and its purpose 'spose.
    Whilst agreeing that curves, drifts, and more informal planting is my preference - there are some gardens where blocks and regimented planting can look really good. Depends on the garden, and its...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. blue fingers

Clematis care...how?

I agree with Dendrobium - they often look dead when they are not. With a few new shoots - it is clearly not dead. It does not really matter if you do not prune it at all. It will still flower...
    I agree with Dendrobium - they often look dead when they are not. With a few new shoots - it is clearly not dead. It does not really matter if you do not prune it at all. It will still flower the same. The worst that could happen is that it will looks a bit untidy and the flowers will be on...
    I agree with Dendrobium - they often look dead when they are not. With a few new shoots - it is clearly not dead. It does not really matter if you do not prune it at all. It will still flower the same. The worst that could happen is that it...
    I agree with Dendrobium - they often look dead when they are not. With a few new shoots - it is clearly not dead. It does not really matter if you do not prune it at all. It will still flower...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. lazy-gardener

how to transplant seeds

I use a pressurised spray/mister set on a fine spray. You have much better control and can stop as soon as stems start to bend with the weight of water.Don't use the same one for weedkiller...
    I use a pressurised spray/mister set on a fine spray. You have much better control and can stop as soon as stems start to bend with the weight of water.Don't use the same one for weedkiller though! :eek:
    I use a pressurised spray/mister set on a fine spray. You have much better control and can stop as soon as stems start to bend with the weight of water.Don't use the same one for weedkiller though! :eek:
    I use a pressurised spray/mister set on a fine spray. You have much better control and can stop as soon as stems start to bend with the weight of water.Don't use the same one for weedkiller...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Lady Gardener

cats off

unfortunately, i think it would look worse than existing marks ....
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Dave_In_His_Garden

Small firethorns

I know - I have a whole load of berberis julienne coming this week - would be a good time for a move around! ;)
    I know - I have a whole load of berberis julienne coming this week - would be a good time for a move around! ;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Dave Martin

my sage plants

lol it is actually, im getting an unhealthy obsession with my plants, veg and seeds lately :D
    lol it is actually, im getting an unhealthy obsession with my plants, veg and seeds lately :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. twinkletoes82

removing shingle!

If it is hoggin underneath, you could get plenty of good aerobic, and probably anaerobic exercise weilding a pickaxe!! And use what you've broken up to make a lovely rockery!! That's pretty much...
    If it is hoggin underneath, you could get plenty of good aerobic, and probably anaerobic exercise weilding a pickaxe!! And use what you've broken up to make a lovely rockery!! That's pretty much what we did at one point, except it was a concrete path, and by we, I mean husband!! ;)
    If it is hoggin underneath, you could get plenty of good aerobic, and probably anaerobic exercise weilding a pickaxe!! And use what you've broken up to make a lovely rockery!! That's pretty much what we did at one point, except it was a...
    If it is hoggin underneath, you could get plenty of good aerobic, and probably anaerobic exercise weilding a pickaxe!! And use what you've broken up to make a lovely rockery!! That's pretty much...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Honey Bee

Lilly advice, please

Bunny hunting? Was it dangerous? Mauled by a rabbit, must be agonising. What a dangerous life you lead Paladin :D :D :D
    Bunny hunting? Was it dangerous? Mauled by a rabbit, must be agonising. What a dangerous life you lead Paladin :D :D :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. dawnlouise

coleus canina, scaredy cat dogs gone?

If you want it, you can get it from T&M http://plants.thompson-morgan.com/uk/en/list/full-index/c/11. Good luck! ;)
    If you want it, you can get it from T&M http://plants.thompson-morgan.com/uk/en/list/full-index/c/11. Good luck! ;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Lady Gardener

pruning vine

only a quick sketch, original masterpiece, �£2m if you want it!!
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Dave Martin

cardboard covering

I used to have a similar problem and I still use 2" netting rolled over freshly planted patches, I leave them there until the new seedlings are well up and then roll it/them up for next year or...
    I used to have a similar problem and I still use 2" netting rolled over freshly planted patches, I leave them there until the new seedlings are well up and then roll it/them up for next year or re-use for a later sewing. It also stops large birds digging around.
    I used to have a similar problem and I still use 2" netting rolled over freshly planted patches, I leave them there until the new seedlings are well up and then roll it/them up for next year or re-use for a later sewing. It also stops large...
    I used to have a similar problem and I still use 2" netting rolled over freshly planted patches, I leave them there until the new seedlings are well up and then roll it/them up for next year or...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. elainefiz

summer jasmin

thanks for that rossco.
    thanks for that rossco.
    thanks for that rossco.
    thanks for that rossco.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Lady Gardener

greenvista

on the reverse cover of Gardens montly i see this product advertised, looks like it will prevent agressive root migration, is it any use as an edging for lawns?
    on the reverse cover of Gardens montly i see this product advertised, looks like it will prevent agressive root migration, is it any use as an edging for lawns?
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Dave W

Garden Irrigation Bargains!

:D :D :D :D And I bet that's on a good day! ;) ----------------------------------A couple of years ago, I bought one of those telescopic garden hose wands from Aldi for about �£7. Saw...
    :D :D :D :D And I bet that's on a good day! ;) ----------------------------------A couple of years ago, I bought one of those telescopic garden hose wands from Aldi for about �£7. Saw them in B&Q later, same make, same model about �£15.........I like Aldi ;)
    :D :D :D :D And I bet that's on a good day! ;) ----------------------------------A couple of years ago, I bought one of those telescopic garden hose wands from Aldi for about �£7. Saw them in B&Q later, same make, same model about...
    :D :D :D :D And I bet that's on a good day! ;) ----------------------------------A couple of years ago, I bought one of those telescopic garden hose wands from Aldi for about �£7. Saw...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Honey Bee

Elephants Ears

Ah!!! I have the tops of mine poking out - will go and put them deeper!!!
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Lady Gardener

begonia offers

i saw some offers on the internet,for begonias, but i can t rem which site .. can any1 help please
    i saw some offers on the internet,for begonias, but i can t rem which site .. can any1 help please
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Lady Gardener

horticultural qualifications

this looks cool http://www.klc.co.uk/Open/DiplomaGarden/ and http://www.hccollege.co.uk/
    this looks cool http://www.klc.co.uk/Open/DiplomaGarden/ and http://www.hccollege.co.uk/
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Brass-icas

Sweet William's

Withered and a brown as if dying really
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Rich

I scared a wren

I wouldn't worry it was prolly roosting - its early for wren's to be on the next. At the moment the male will be building/choosing a number of nests for his lady love to choose which she prefers....
    I wouldn't worry it was prolly roosting - its early for wren's to be on the next. At the moment the male will be building/choosing a number of nests for his lady love to choose which she prefers.Smashing little birds - very much ground feeders amongst the leaf litter. So don't tidy your beds...
    I wouldn't worry it was prolly roosting - its early for wren's to be on the next. At the moment the male will be building/choosing a number of nests for his lady love to choose which she prefers.Smashing little birds - very much ground feeders...
    I wouldn't worry it was prolly roosting - its early for wren's to be on the next. At the moment the male will be building/choosing a number of nests for his lady love to choose which she prefers....
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice