1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. mosskillers

Anyone any experience in killing moss?

RON ...... are you sure you have the correct product?
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. davido

dead clematis

Are you sure it just hasn't been too dry? If this was the problem then It might resprout with some water or rain- sounds daft I know but I've had some periods this winter since christmas when I...
    Are you sure it just hasn't been too dry? If this was the problem then It might resprout with some water or rain- sounds daft I know but I've had some periods this winter since christmas when I needed to water containers. Now it's gone to the other extreme. I hope it hasn't died, how big was it?
    Are you sure it just hasn't been too dry? If this was the problem then It might resprout with some water or rain- sounds daft I know but I've had some periods this winter since christmas when I needed to water containers. Now it's gone to the...
    Are you sure it just hasn't been too dry? If this was the problem then It might resprout with some water or rain- sounds daft I know but I've had some periods this winter since christmas when I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Ursh

pertunia's

shouldn't need that, Ursh - at least, I've never done it! Just let them grow enough so they're ready for May. Are they the standard type or the trailing ones?
    shouldn't need that, Ursh - at least, I've never done it! Just let them grow enough so they're ready for May. Are they the standard type or the trailing ones?
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. chobart

Ginger lilies (Hedychium)

Jungle Seeds emailed me to say they are now selling all their tubers/roots ie cannas, hedychiums, cauleyas, colocasias etc postage free this month. Check it out if you're interested at ...
    Jungle Seeds emailed me to say they are now selling all their tubers/roots ie cannas, hedychiums, cauleyas, colocasias etc postage free this month. Check it out if you're interested at www.jungleseeds.co.uk
    Jungle Seeds emailed me to say they are now selling all their tubers/roots ie cannas, hedychiums, cauleyas, colocasias etc postage free this month. Check it out if you're interested at www.jungleseeds.co.uk
    Jungle Seeds emailed me to say they are now selling all their tubers/roots ie cannas, hedychiums, cauleyas, colocasias etc postage free this month. Check it out if you're interested at ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Deserter

Polythene

I've noticed some types drop their flower buds, others go on to flower and even get fruit.
    I've noticed some types drop their flower buds, others go on to flower and even get fruit.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. ohbe

old bulbs?

Cheers folks. I guessed that would that was what was for the best but, best to check.
    Cheers folks. I guessed that would that was what was for the best but, best to check.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. mosskillers

Killing moss and algae on patio or roof

we use co**** salt and leave it for the damp rain to wash it in drive looks a b....er for a couple of days but it works.for alge on fence used lady gardeners tip bleach and washing up liquid.
    we use co**** salt and leave it for the damp rain to wash it in drive looks a b....er for a couple of days but it works.for alge on fence used lady gardeners tip bleach and washing up liquid.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. lazy-gardener

putting up a pergola- advice please?

It would be far safer to put the slabs down last otherwise you would be securing your posts to the slabs. I would use a little concrete around the posts and possibly use metal extensions from the...
    It would be far safer to put the slabs down last otherwise you would be securing your posts to the slabs. I would use a little concrete around the posts and possibly use metal extensions from the concrete to the posts [a couple of inches above slabs] thereby slowing down the rotting process...
    It would be far safer to put the slabs down last otherwise you would be securing your posts to the slabs. I would use a little concrete around the posts and possibly use metal extensions from the concrete to the posts [a couple of inches above...
    It would be far safer to put the slabs down last otherwise you would be securing your posts to the slabs. I would use a little concrete around the posts and possibly use metal extensions from the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Robinsml

Too early for outdoor sowing?

Thanks everyone. I was confused because seed packets recommend general Feb-March sowing.
    Thanks everyone. I was confused because seed packets recommend general Feb-March sowing.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Lady Gardener

non payers

Glad this has been resolved now LG.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. lazy-gardener

seeds to start now

Woolworths have some great deals on bulbs shrubs and trees just now.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Mossy

Delphiniums and or Lupins

if you'd like some freebie seeds, I've got some - just e-mail me, and I'll send you some. I seriously over-estimated how much I could bring on!!
    if you'd like some freebie seeds, I've got some - just e-mail me, and I'll send you some. I seriously over-estimated how much I could bring on!!
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Liz

Re: good sites

That Jackson's Nurseries one is not too far from me - Staffordshire. The in-laws live not a million miles away so may plan a visit (to see them, obviously, and a side issue we can stop and have a...
    That Jackson's Nurseries one is not too far from me - Staffordshire. The in-laws live not a million miles away so may plan a visit (to see them, obviously, and a side issue we can stop and have a look! ;) )
    That Jackson's Nurseries one is not too far from me - Staffordshire. The in-laws live not a million miles away so may plan a visit (to see them, obviously, and a side issue we can stop and have a look! ;) )
    That Jackson's Nurseries one is not too far from me - Staffordshire. The in-laws live not a million miles away so may plan a visit (to see them, obviously, and a side issue we can stop and have a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. BrianT

This Daffodil

If you let it go to seed you could have a sequel: Son of Daffodil!
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Daisies

pineapples

You really do need to take a careful look at the centre to make sure the growing tip is still there, as Pete said.. They are pretty good links I agree. Trial & error after that I think.... ;)
    You really do need to take a careful look at the centre to make sure the growing tip is still there, as Pete said.. They are pretty good links I agree. Trial & error after that I think.... ;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Richard Hilson

Why do you enjoy gardening?

Nixon's a she, DavieM!
    Nixon's a she, DavieM!
    Nixon's a she, DavieM!
    Nixon's a she, DavieM!
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. wishaw

Prices for landscapers

The shed is tin as far as I can see.The garden probably looks smaller than it is - we counted the left hand side as 15 fence panels (6 foot panels) - it is quite narrow but long. There is a...
    The shed is tin as far as I can see.The garden probably looks smaller than it is - we counted the left hand side as 15 fence panels (6 foot panels) - it is quite narrow but long. There is a slight slope but hardly worth mentioning - sloping away from the house.It really only is about the...
    The shed is tin as far as I can see.The garden probably looks smaller than it is - we counted the left hand side as 15 fence panels (6 foot panels) - it is quite narrow but long. There is a slight slope but hardly worth mentioning - sloping...
    The shed is tin as far as I can see.The garden probably looks smaller than it is - we counted the left hand side as 15 fence panels (6 foot panels) - it is quite narrow but long. There is a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. marge

Pruned Hydrangeas

with a bit of luck there will still be buds lower down, even if the highest ones are affected by frostI was always advised not to do it until May started - and that was down south - so I...
    with a bit of luck there will still be buds lower down, even if the highest ones are affected by frostI was always advised not to do it until May started - and that was down south - so I suppose that'd be ok for Somerset!! Whatever you do, don't cut off any bits that go black if we do...
    with a bit of luck there will still be buds lower down, even if the highest ones are affected by frostI was always advised not to do it until May started - and that was down south - so I suppose that'd be ok for Somerset!! Whatever you...
    with a bit of luck there will still be buds lower down, even if the highest ones are affected by frostI was always advised not to do it until May started - and that was down south - so I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Macphisto

Dog Wood

ANY TIME
    ANY TIME
    ANY TIME
    ANY TIME
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Rich

The new garden path.

I have to do something in my lunch break and Faversham town centre doesn't offer much.Lovely sunny day all day today.
    I have to do something in my lunch break and Faversham town centre doesn't offer much.Lovely sunny day all day today.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice