1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. golfer

Cumcumbers

Me again thanks all they are very good tips spelled (good) right this time.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. lazy-gardener

planning my garden!

definitely worth a try. There are also rockwool things - but that's a bit fiddlier. The TW site does that too, if you want to have a look.
    definitely worth a try. There are also rockwool things - but that's a bit fiddlier. The TW site does that too, if you want to have a look.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. supermum10

Newbie - Help pls!!

That would be a great way of stopping you picking the odd raspberry and eating it! Good tip, though - I haven't heard it before, but will try. If I don't wear gloves, I get cuts at the sides of...
    That would be a great way of stopping you picking the odd raspberry and eating it! Good tip, though - I haven't heard it before, but will try. If I don't wear gloves, I get cuts at the sides of my thumb nails - really sore, and take ages to heal - so I've ALWAYS worn gloves.
    That would be a great way of stopping you picking the odd raspberry and eating it! Good tip, though - I haven't heard it before, but will try. If I don't wear gloves, I get cuts at the sides of my thumb nails - really sore, and take ages to...
    That would be a great way of stopping you picking the odd raspberry and eating it! Good tip, though - I haven't heard it before, but will try. If I don't wear gloves, I get cuts at the sides of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. DavieM

Sweet Peas

Will; do rossco, they are just up and no more so once at correct hight will pinch them out, thanks.
    Will; do rossco, they are just up and no more so once at correct hight will pinch them out, thanks.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. The Pea Of Sweetness

Any experts on rockeries out there??

Sweet Pea, depends what you want from your rockery, but all above relavant also position of it important or it looks all wromg, a black hole in your garden.
    Sweet Pea, depends what you want from your rockery, but all above relavant also position of it important or it looks all wromg, a black hole in your garden.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. The Pea Of Sweetness

Help needed on Honeysuckle

Sweey Pea, just trim it like a hedge or a bush, you know just trim it, it will come back again and flower well.
    Sweey Pea, just trim it like a hedge or a bush, you know just trim it, it will come back again and flower well.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. alan

great site

Thirty years ago we had a postage stamp sized garden and I got almost as much pleasure from reading "Readers Digest Illustrated Guide To Gardening" than I did from real hands-on gardening. This...
    Thirty years ago we had a postage stamp sized garden and I got almost as much pleasure from reading "Readers Digest Illustrated Guide To Gardening" than I did from real hands-on gardening. This site provides much the same pleasure. When you are not outside getting your hands mucky, thanks to...
    Thirty years ago we had a postage stamp sized garden and I got almost as much pleasure from reading "Readers Digest Illustrated Guide To Gardening" than I did from real hands-on gardening. This site provides much the same pleasure. When you are...
    Thirty years ago we had a postage stamp sized garden and I got almost as much pleasure from reading "Readers Digest Illustrated Guide To Gardening" than I did from real hands-on gardening. This...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. strongylodon

what's going on here?

you have a point, Frogesque!
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. The Pea Of Sweetness

Clematis

Montana are better in the ground at a permanant position. when flowering finished lightly trim, do not cut back. they can cover an area of 40' X 20' if allowed
    Montana are better in the ground at a permanant position. when flowering finished lightly trim, do not cut back. they can cover an area of 40' X 20' if allowed
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Mossy

Patio

If you want to lay slabs, you could do part of what supermum10 suggests, put down a layer of membrane, but mix your sand DRY with cement at 10 part sand to 1 part cement, level it off and lay your...
    If you want to lay slabs, you could do part of what supermum10 suggests, put down a layer of membrane, but mix your sand DRY with cement at 10 part sand to 1 part cement, level it off and lay your slabs on the dry mix, when all laid, water over the slabs and the moisture will go down and set the...
    If you want to lay slabs, you could do part of what supermum10 suggests, put down a layer of membrane, but mix your sand DRY with cement at 10 part sand to 1 part cement, level it off and lay your slabs on the dry mix, when all laid, water over...
    If you want to lay slabs, you could do part of what supermum10 suggests, put down a layer of membrane, but mix your sand DRY with cement at 10 part sand to 1 part cement, level it off and lay your...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. The Pea Of Sweetness

Your help would be much appreciated...

Cheers Nixon, will do.I've just ordered a beautiful rose from the Pockcocks site you mentioned. Expensive for delivery though! still hopefully it will be worth it, looks very beautiful.Thanks...
    Cheers Nixon, will do.I've just ordered a beautiful rose from the Pockcocks site you mentioned. Expensive for delivery though! still hopefully it will be worth it, looks very beautiful.Thanks for that.
    Cheers Nixon, will do.I've just ordered a beautiful rose from the Pockcocks site you mentioned. Expensive for delivery though! still hopefully it will be worth it, looks very beautiful.Thanks for that.
    Cheers Nixon, will do.I've just ordered a beautiful rose from the Pockcocks site you mentioned. Expensive for delivery though! still hopefully it will be worth it, looks very beautiful.Thanks...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Auntyj

Jasmin

It hasn't put out much green growth I have to say, when I bought it the label said Common White Jasmine, I thought about putting it into a pot just in case it was the soil. It could well be the...
    It hasn't put out much green growth I have to say, when I bought it the label said Common White Jasmine, I thought about putting it into a pot just in case it was the soil. It could well be the pink flowered Jasmine you mentioned but it has never flowered so I don't know! :confused:
    It hasn't put out much green growth I have to say, when I bought it the label said Common White Jasmine, I thought about putting it into a pot just in case it was the soil. It could well be the pink flowered Jasmine you mentioned but it has never...
    It hasn't put out much green growth I have to say, when I bought it the label said Common White Jasmine, I thought about putting it into a pot just in case it was the soil. It could well be the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. redfifi1717

Gardeners World

Looking forword to this years shows starting at end of the month. Always watch it, best gardening show on box.
    Looking forword to this years shows starting at end of the month. Always watch it, best gardening show on box.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. wishaw

Planning laws regarding fences? - updated, pictures!

Oops! must have a "wee drap" too many last night! Yes, it was a shed you were talking about, wasn't it - ignore the comments above!
    Oops! must have a "wee drap" too many last night! Yes, it was a shed you were talking about, wasn't it - ignore the comments above!
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. lazy-gardener

what is partial shade??

Partial shade is a bit of a misnomer as there are two types.You can have a dappled leafy shade (where you can still see small patches of sunlight on the ground) for most of the day. The typical...
    Partial shade is a bit of a misnomer as there are two types.You can have a dappled leafy shade (where you can still see small patches of sunlight on the ground) for most of the day. The typical situation would be woodland margin with plenty of light but cool even temperature. I think this is...
    Partial shade is a bit of a misnomer as there are two types.You can have a dappled leafy shade (where you can still see small patches of sunlight on the ground) for most of the day. The typical situation would be woodland margin with plenty of...
    Partial shade is a bit of a misnomer as there are two types.You can have a dappled leafy shade (where you can still see small patches of sunlight on the ground) for most of the day. The typical...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. The Pea Of Sweetness

is there a sweet pea expert out there?

you are so right, Rich! We had nasturtiums growing in the front and the caterpillars got nicked! - agree about root-trainers too, btw - but loo rolls are cheap and recycling!!
    you are so right, Rich! We had nasturtiums growing in the front and the caterpillars got nicked! - agree about root-trainers too, btw - but loo rolls are cheap and recycling!!
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Jerry Cornelius

Planting help possible?

Yes - go with it Jerry. Then in the summer you will have to take lots of photos and make a plan of what areas are dry/normal/damp and full sun/light shade/dark shade, and try and match the plants...
    Yes - go with it Jerry. Then in the summer you will have to take lots of photos and make a plan of what areas are dry/normal/damp and full sun/light shade/dark shade, and try and match the plants to the places for next year. Its a learning process - and this time next year you will have a...
    Yes - go with it Jerry. Then in the summer you will have to take lots of photos and make a plan of what areas are dry/normal/damp and full sun/light shade/dark shade, and try and match the plants to the places for next year. Its a learning...
    Yes - go with it Jerry. Then in the summer you will have to take lots of photos and make a plan of what areas are dry/normal/damp and full sun/light shade/dark shade, and try and match the plants...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. deb63

Query about solanum

Hi, Thanks for replying, i had looked at the crocus website, but what i really wanted to know was if i can plant them now,i think i will probaly wait until the wather is a bit more stable. Thanks...
    Hi, Thanks for replying, i had looked at the crocus website, but what i really wanted to know was if i can plant them now,i think i will probaly wait until the wather is a bit more stable. Thanks again. Deb.
    Hi, Thanks for replying, i had looked at the crocus website, but what i really wanted to know was if i can plant them now,i think i will probaly wait until the wather is a bit more stable. Thanks again. Deb.
    Hi, Thanks for replying, i had looked at the crocus website, but what i really wanted to know was if i can plant them now,i think i will probaly wait until the wather is a bit more stable. Thanks...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. petal

Bargain Summer Bulbs

I paid a visit to Lidl yesterday and they seemed to have the same bargains, I bought some gladiolus Callianthus, 30 in the pack for 99p.I think I will have to wait a while before planting them...
    I paid a visit to Lidl yesterday and they seemed to have the same bargains, I bought some gladiolus Callianthus, 30 in the pack for 99p.I think I will have to wait a while before planting them though the soil is frozen at the moment. :rolleyes:
    I paid a visit to Lidl yesterday and they seemed to have the same bargains, I bought some gladiolus Callianthus, 30 in the pack for 99p.I think I will have to wait a while before planting them though the soil is frozen at the moment. :rolleyes:
    I paid a visit to Lidl yesterday and they seemed to have the same bargains, I bought some gladiolus Callianthus, 30 in the pack for 99p.I think I will have to wait a while before planting them...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Honey Bee

Brugmansia advice

I have a cutting on my windowsill in the kitchen and it's doing fine, lots of roots. If they are kept warm they'll carry on growing. It's only if they are in a temperature below 10c they go...
    I have a cutting on my windowsill in the kitchen and it's doing fine, lots of roots. If they are kept warm they'll carry on growing. It's only if they are in a temperature below 10c they go dormant. The one you think you have killed should shoot up from the bottom in the summer,it's usually...
    I have a cutting on my windowsill in the kitchen and it's doing fine, lots of roots. If they are kept warm they'll carry on growing. It's only if they are in a temperature below 10c they go dormant. The one you think you have killed should...
    I have a cutting on my windowsill in the kitchen and it's doing fine, lots of roots. If they are kept warm they'll carry on growing. It's only if they are in a temperature below 10c they go...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice