1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title ↓
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. cattwoman25

any advice about land !

Why bother? It would just fudge the issue. The trees belong to the council and if they don't want to do anything to them they don't have to. No point in annoying them unnecessarily. Preservation...
    Why bother? It would just fudge the issue. The trees belong to the council and if they don't want to do anything to them they don't have to. No point in annoying them unnecessarily. Preservation orders are there to stop owners of trees from damaging them. The lack of such an order does not mean...
    Why bother? It would just fudge the issue. The trees belong to the council and if they don't want to do anything to them they don't have to. No point in annoying them unnecessarily. Preservation orders are there to stop owners of trees from...
    Why bother? It would just fudge the issue. The trees belong to the council and if they don't want to do anything to them they don't have to. No point in annoying them unnecessarily. Preservation...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. exlabman

ants vs toddlers

They have stopped being so aggressive since they flew last week, before that I couldn't even put a cup of tea down without them attacking. Weeding has been a nightmare this season.
    They have stopped being so aggressive since they flew last week, before that I couldn't even put a cup of tea down without them attacking. Weeding has been a nightmare this season.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Yana

Ants under lavender

Thank you very very much to everyone (unfortunately, I was not able to reply in quoting due to error every time I tried to do so) but every answer was informative for me and I appreciate all your...
    Thank you very very much to everyone (unfortunately, I was not able to reply in quoting due to error every time I tried to do so) but every answer was informative for me and I appreciate all your help. I kept watering it but they are still there and I am not sure if I can use the method...
    Thank you very very much to everyone (unfortunately, I was not able to reply in quoting due to error every time I tried to do so) but every answer was informative for me and I appreciate all your help. I kept watering it but they are still there...
    Thank you very very much to everyone (unfortunately, I was not able to reply in quoting due to error every time I tried to do so) but every answer was informative for me and I appreciate all your...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Selina59

Ants

So if you can't kill them they can at least look nice and shiny :heehee: (not shiney :D)
    So if you can't kill them they can at least look nice and shiny :heehee: (not shiney :D)
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Victoria Plum

Antirrhinums

I had annual Antirrhinums last year, by mid August they were literally covered with rust so they were pulled and were burnt immediately!
    I had annual Antirrhinums last year, by mid August they were literally covered with rust so they were pulled and were burnt immediately!
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. TheMadHedger

Antirrhinum/Snapdragon Seeds - need some advice please

Noted, thanks. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Leucojum

Antirrhinum wilting

Oh dear Leucojum, i am 'trying' to grow these but not having much success so far. Sorry i couldn't help. cheers
    Oh dear Leucojum, i am 'trying' to grow these but not having much success so far. Sorry i couldn't help. cheers
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. wiseowl

Antirrhinum Question

Most everything I grow gets pinched out. As Pete said, it delays flowering a tad but you will get many more flowers on more shoots Freddie.:)
    Most everything I grow gets pinched out. As Pete said, it delays flowering a tad but you will get many more flowers on more shoots Freddie.:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Madahhlia

Antirrhinum lurgy

I have some of last year's antirrhinums that have come back after taking a pounding in the winter. They are flowering but the leaves on all of them are mottled yellow and green and they have not...
    I have some of last year's antirrhinums that have come back after taking a pounding in the winter. They are flowering but the leaves on all of them are mottled yellow and green and they have not been as vigorous as i'd expected. I wanted to let them set seed and self-sow.Should I let them...
    I have some of last year's antirrhinums that have come back after taking a pounding in the winter. They are flowering but the leaves on all of them are mottled yellow and green and they have not been as vigorous as i'd expected. I wanted to let...
    I have some of last year's antirrhinums that have come back after taking a pounding in the winter. They are flowering but the leaves on all of them are mottled yellow and green and they have not...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Spruce

Antirrhinum aka snapdragon

*update* seeds all planted I have used jiffy pellets ,, the seeds are tiny
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Sheal

Antirrhinum

Poppy's a lovely name Ziggy. Knowing your type of gardening I'm glad you didn't call her Onion or Cabbage! :heehee: I have a female relative called Barley.
    Poppy's a lovely name Ziggy. Knowing your type of gardening I'm glad you didn't call her Onion or Cabbage! :heehee: I have a female relative called Barley.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. kindredspirit

Antique tools.

I've got a couple of those Rolcut secateurs and they are very good. There's a wonderful ironmongers near where Steve R lives that has their own little museum. They've got loads of tools hanging...
    I've got a couple of those Rolcut secateurs and they are very good. There's a wonderful ironmongers near where Steve R lives that has their own little museum. They've got loads of tools hanging from the ceiling. They also have what appears to be hundreds of little wooden drawers along one...
    I've got a couple of those Rolcut secateurs and they are very good. There's a wonderful ironmongers near where Steve R lives that has their own little museum. They've got loads of tools hanging from the ceiling. They also have what appears to...
    I've got a couple of those Rolcut secateurs and they are very good. There's a wonderful ironmongers near where Steve R lives that has their own little museum. They've got loads of tools hanging...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. nelly

Anti theft protection for some laurels???

OKay, it`s the green light from Ivory then, PM me your address and I will post them tomorrow.
    OKay, it`s the green light from Ivory then, PM me your address and I will post them tomorrow.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Lyn

Anti Cat plant

They have them at Wilkos for �£19.99. I saw them yesterday. I have sent for one the same from ebay. It cost �£16.94 inc p&p.I love ebay.
    They have them at Wilkos for �£19.99. I saw them yesterday. I have sent for one the same from ebay. It cost �£16.94 inc p&p.I love ebay.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. music

Anti rocking device !!

Anti-Rocking Device? Mantovani.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. minki

Anthurium question

and the candle in the pic is for decorative purpose only, we never light it under the plant!:nonofinger:
    and the candle in the pic is for decorative purpose only, we never light it under the plant!:nonofinger:
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. vegmandan

Anthurium please Help !!

I had one overwintered it in the g/house last year it did flower again, this winter put it in the p/tunnel I have a little caboos I built in there with a tube heater in, alas a couple of nights...
    I had one overwintered it in the g/house last year it did flower again, this winter put it in the p/tunnel I have a little caboos I built in there with a tube heater in, alas a couple of nights the heater couldn't cope with the cold and now its brown bread, the plant that is.
    I had one overwintered it in the g/house last year it did flower again, this winter put it in the p/tunnel I have a little caboos I built in there with a tube heater in, alas a couple of nights the heater couldn't cope with the cold and now its...
    I had one overwintered it in the g/house last year it did flower again, this winter put it in the p/tunnel I have a little caboos I built in there with a tube heater in, alas a couple of nights...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. intel

Anthurium Drooping Over After Being Re-Potted

Assuming that it is getting enough light it has to be the compost surely? One thought - do you mist the leaves? Might be worth a go. Not much help though.
    Assuming that it is getting enough light it has to be the compost surely? One thought - do you mist the leaves? Might be worth a go. Not much help though.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. LCH

Anthurium

Some tips herehttp://www.flowers.org.uk/plants/plantfacts/anthurium.htm
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Scotkat

Anthurium

Aw that's a shame Scotkat...sneaky little critters aren't they...better luck next time:dbgrtmb:
    Aw that's a shame Scotkat...sneaky little critters aren't they...better luck next time:dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice