1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views ↓
Last Message
  1. GEORGECAT

Calla Lily

[ 14. May 2007, 11:31 AM: Message edited by: GEORGECAT ]
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. al n

Vine weevil beetles, how to kill.

Manually killing all the adult beetles you can find would be a good start to alleviating the problem. Trouble is they are shy, nocturnal and dusty coloured so not easy to find - shame they are not...
    Manually killing all the adult beetles you can find would be a good start to alleviating the problem. Trouble is they are shy, nocturnal and dusty coloured so not easy to find - shame they are not a nice bright scarlet like certain other menaces. I've heard it suggested to put traps (e.g. a...
    Manually killing all the adult beetles you can find would be a good start to alleviating the problem. Trouble is they are shy, nocturnal and dusty coloured so not easy to find - shame they are not a nice bright scarlet like certain other menaces....
    Manually killing all the adult beetles you can find would be a good start to alleviating the problem. Trouble is they are shy, nocturnal and dusty coloured so not easy to find - shame they are not...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. diviy

newbie advice

advice on how to take a cutting please ta in advance i am that much of a newbie
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Rich

Drought resistant plants

Yes, I agree with the bull (rush) thing as well!Nobody like my idea of a Xeriscaping section ... but that's probably because you guys have ponds!
    Yes, I agree with the bull (rush) thing as well!Nobody like my idea of a Xeriscaping section ... but that's probably because you guys have ponds!
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Gay Gardener

T&M spring catalogue warning

Bit bright by any chance? :snork:
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. SamsonAurora

Cyclamens

Hi, Can you tell me how long cyclamens last and what is the best way to look after them? Also do they prefer light or shade? Thanks...:help:
    Hi, Can you tell me how long cyclamens last and what is the best way to look after them? Also do they prefer light or shade? Thanks...:help:
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Sarah_999

Starting out plants

Thanks Fran. That monthly guide is a great help - you've put a lot of work in!
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. gardenlearner

Planting seeds

Hi there G.L. it may be a little early to sow some seeds straight into the soil as yet but you will be able to find out for sure on the net or just check what it says on the seed packets.Before...
    Hi there G.L. it may be a little early to sow some seeds straight into the soil as yet but you will be able to find out for sure on the net or just check what it says on the seed packets.Before you sow your seeds try and improve your soil as much as you can by digging it over quite a few time...
    Hi there G.L. it may be a little early to sow some seeds straight into the soil as yet but you will be able to find out for sure on the net or just check what it says on the seed packets.Before you sow your seeds try and improve your soil as...
    Hi there G.L. it may be a little early to sow some seeds straight into the soil as yet but you will be able to find out for sure on the net or just check what it says on the seed packets.Before...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. PLOTTY

MY WEEK : 20 UPDATE POSTED

Always a good read !Bon Voyage
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. nickp

Cotoneaster - damaged trunk

Hi NickI'm not sure which type of cotoneaster yours is or what has caused that deterioration of the bark. No obvious sign of honey fungus. It could be some sort of canker or just old age....
    Hi NickI'm not sure which type of cotoneaster yours is or what has caused that deterioration of the bark. No obvious sign of honey fungus. It could be some sort of canker or just old age. Whatever the problem is, I doubt that you can do anything to stop it.I have a cotoneaster hedge and...
    Hi NickI'm not sure which type of cotoneaster yours is or what has caused that deterioration of the bark. No obvious sign of honey fungus. It could be some sort of canker or just old age. Whatever the problem is, I doubt that you can do...
    Hi NickI'm not sure which type of cotoneaster yours is or what has caused that deterioration of the bark. No obvious sign of honey fungus. It could be some sort of canker or just old age....
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. AndyK

Hibiscus

one of the flowers has opened up this morning, what a lovely surprise coming into the dull office to find a beautiful salmon pink flower standing on my windowsill! :D On closer inspection I also...
    one of the flowers has opened up this morning, what a lovely surprise coming into the dull office to find a beautiful salmon pink flower standing on my windowsill! :D On closer inspection I also notice it has at least 8 flower buds on it and has plenty of little green buds further down the...
    one of the flowers has opened up this morning, what a lovely surprise coming into the dull office to find a beautiful salmon pink flower standing on my windowsill! :D On closer inspection I also notice it has at least 8 flower buds on it and...
    one of the flowers has opened up this morning, what a lovely surprise coming into the dull office to find a beautiful salmon pink flower standing on my windowsill! :D On closer inspection I also...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. clum111

How to store lily giant oriental mixed bulbs

@CarolineL Thanks for your reply. I had a feeling this would be the case, so, I'll need to sort out pots.
    @CarolineL Thanks for your reply. I had a feeling this would be the case, so, I'll need to sort out pots.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Bob Newey

Advice please regarding waterside flowers

Hello all,I live on a narrowboat. I don't have a garden and even when I lived in a house I confess my wife and I were not avid gardeners. But I've so enjoyed looking through some of the threads...
    Hello all,I live on a narrowboat. I don't have a garden and even when I lived in a house I confess my wife and I were not avid gardeners. But I've so enjoyed looking through some of the threads on here and I marvel at the passion and dedication of some of you. We also really enjoy admiring...
    Hello all,I live on a narrowboat. I don't have a garden and even when I lived in a house I confess my wife and I were not avid gardeners. But I've so enjoyed looking through some of the threads on here and I marvel at the passion and dedication...
    Hello all,I live on a narrowboat. I don't have a garden and even when I lived in a house I confess my wife and I were not avid gardeners. But I've so enjoyed looking through some of the threads...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Steve R

Passion Flower

Wilroda is quite right. Good time to move one. I wanted to get some climbers in my own picnic area so moved one from another area. No probs. Go for it.
    Wilroda is quite right. Good time to move one. I wanted to get some climbers in my own picnic area so moved one from another area. No probs. Go for it.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Bilbo675

Something For Armandii

I was browsing the internet looking at this and that (as you do :snork: ) and stumbled across a nursery selling lots of different Paeonies, take a look at this (if you haven't already seen it :biggrin:); =*
    I was browsing the internet looking at this and that (as you do :snork: ) and stumbled across a nursery selling lots of different Paeonies, take a look at this (if you haven't already seen it :biggrin:); =*
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. GardenGuru

Too Early?

i have been out wrapping the cloches in fleece!! a tedious job with 20 small cloches to do!i planted them out at the beginning of april.so we shall see. i think they will be fine
    i have been out wrapping the cloches in fleece!! a tedious job with 20 small cloches to do!i planted them out at the beginning of april.so we shall see. i think they will be fine
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Doghouse Riley

Pruning, it has to be done!

me and hubby were busy outside. I pruned the wisteria which has gone mental and the hardy fuchsias and the buddlia. Also took the dead stuff off the old hanging baskets (which were in small...
    me and hubby were busy outside. I pruned the wisteria which has gone mental and the hardy fuchsias and the buddlia. Also took the dead stuff off the old hanging baskets (which were in small greenhouses), watered them and put the back undercover. half the plants from last year will regrow and...
    me and hubby were busy outside. I pruned the wisteria which has gone mental and the hardy fuchsias and the buddlia. Also took the dead stuff off the old hanging baskets (which were in small greenhouses), watered them and put the back undercover....
    me and hubby were busy outside. I pruned the wisteria which has gone mental and the hardy fuchsias and the buddlia. Also took the dead stuff off the old hanging baskets (which were in small...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Jiffy
    Like x 4

Well i had a surprize!!

I think I will have to enter it into a spud growing comp :coffee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Michael Hewett

Eranthis

Thank you @Palustris, I'll do that.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Leaflines

Help needed

Hello all.Firstly what a wonderful, civil and orderly forum you have here! I am in no way spamming, and apologise for making a new thread for myself as a first time poster, but I am looking for...
    Hello all.Firstly what a wonderful, civil and orderly forum you have here! I am in no way spamming, and apologise for making a new thread for myself as a first time poster, but I am looking for a little advice, and would be very grateful if you good people could advise me a little...I am a...
    Hello all.Firstly what a wonderful, civil and orderly forum you have here! I am in no way spamming, and apologise for making a new thread for myself as a first time poster, but I am looking for a little advice, and would be very grateful if...
    Hello all.Firstly what a wonderful, civil and orderly forum you have here! I am in no way spamming, and apologise for making a new thread for myself as a first time poster, but I am looking for...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice