1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. sandy

sowing

I would suggest seeding the new lawn area. Though you can hire a turf cutter to take up your old lawn or just by some turf in? rolawn and turfshop are good web sites + they have lots of info on...
    I would suggest seeding the new lawn area. Though you can hire a turf cutter to take up your old lawn or just by some turf in? rolawn and turfshop are good web sites + they have lots of info on what not to do and what to do.
    I would suggest seeding the new lawn area. Though you can hire a turf cutter to take up your old lawn or just by some turf in? rolawn and turfshop are good web sites + they have lots of info on what not to do and what to do.
    I would suggest seeding the new lawn area. Though you can hire a turf cutter to take up your old lawn or just by some turf in? rolawn and turfshop are good web sites + they have lots of info on...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. nataliablas

Crystal Earth Soil

Dear Sir/ Madam,Please find below some information about my sale of Crystal Earth Soil.Last year i performed in a dancing troupe at different wedding events all around England, and helped in...
    Dear Sir/ Madam,Please find below some information about my sale of Crystal Earth Soil.Last year i performed in a dancing troupe at different wedding events all around England, and helped in organising most of these events' decorations adding some extra colour and fantastic touch to halls...
    Dear Sir/ Madam,Please find below some information about my sale of Crystal Earth Soil.Last year i performed in a dancing troupe at different wedding events all around England, and helped in organising most of these events' decorations adding...
    Dear Sir/ Madam,Please find below some information about my sale of Crystal Earth Soil.Last year i performed in a dancing troupe at different wedding events all around England, and helped in...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. matt972

dying privet

hi all, a weak mix of jeyes fluid helps, say a cap full in 4 gallons, english money!( approx 20 euro litres *$%^) agree about Armillatox as well
    hi all, a weak mix of jeyes fluid helps, say a cap full in 4 gallons, english money!( approx 20 euro litres *$%^) agree about Armillatox as well
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Herb

Buying seeds

there's also http://www.jungleseeds.co.uk, and http://www.homegardenseeds.co.uk/ I've used both and been happy with them. There's also http://www.nickys-nursery.co.uk/seeds/
    there's also http://www.jungleseeds.co.uk, and http://www.homegardenseeds.co.uk/ I've used both and been happy with them. There's also http://www.nickys-nursery.co.uk/seeds/
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Rich

In the garden today

What a beautiful colour your hellebore is!!!!! Will have to get the seed trays out very soon too, I think ..... :cool:
    What a beautiful colour your hellebore is!!!!! Will have to get the seed trays out very soon too, I think ..... :cool:
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. NickG

Help needed in finding old Unwins seed packets

Thanks for looking for me!Regards,Nick
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Rich

Problem with Gunnera Manicata.

That could be a bit of a problem, because I piled up some of the spoil from the pond around the edge thereby raising the edges and I didn't have to dig so deep. Therefore the edges slope away...
    That could be a bit of a problem, because I piled up some of the spoil from the pond around the edge thereby raising the edges and I didn't have to dig so deep. Therefore the edges slope away from the pond quite steeply.The main reason for this thread is to see if anyone can identify a small...
    That could be a bit of a problem, because I piled up some of the spoil from the pond around the edge thereby raising the edges and I didn't have to dig so deep. Therefore the edges slope away from the pond quite steeply.The main reason for...
    That could be a bit of a problem, because I piled up some of the spoil from the pond around the edge thereby raising the edges and I didn't have to dig so deep. Therefore the edges slope away...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. grinch

phornium tenax

I was given some seeds. I wasn't sure what to do with them so I soaked some, filed some and just planted some in the greenhouse. No sign of life yet. Perhaps I should have chilled some as well.
    I was given some seeds. I wasn't sure what to do with them so I soaked some, filed some and just planted some in the greenhouse. No sign of life yet. Perhaps I should have chilled some as well.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. greenfingers

spare seeds

Yes I did have a look. And there is one in my town. But you have to register with Yahoo and give your full name and post code - which is a unique identifier, and e-mail address. Little...
    Yes I did have a look. And there is one in my town. But you have to register with Yahoo and give your full name and post code - which is a unique identifier, and e-mail address. Little concerned at 4,000,000,000 knowing my e-mail. I am sure there is one spammer out there, if not two.Would...
    Yes I did have a look. And there is one in my town. But you have to register with Yahoo and give your full name and post code - which is a unique identifier, and e-mail address. Little concerned at 4,000,000,000 knowing my e-mail. I am sure...
    Yes I did have a look. And there is one in my town. But you have to register with Yahoo and give your full name and post code - which is a unique identifier, and e-mail address. Little...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. redfifi1717

Coldframes

Thanks again for ideas and advice, comments and encouragement!
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Beefy

DESPERATE

Thanks for all the advice folks think i will declare panic over will see u all in other discussions THANKS :D :D :D
    Thanks for all the advice folks think i will declare panic over will see u all in other discussions THANKS :D :D :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. loulou

skimmias

thanks very much for all the info-worth a try as the original plant is healthy.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. barneyb

loooking after potentilla

Will try that,thanks
    Will try that,thanks
    Will try that,thanks
    Will try that,thanks
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Tizzy

Would appreciate some advice please

Tizzy - all good questions.I had this dilemma. I wanted a summerhouse and a greenhouse, but did not have enough room. So I opted for the summerhouse, which partly acts as a greenhouse as...
    Tizzy - all good questions.I had this dilemma. I wanted a summerhouse and a greenhouse, but did not have enough room. So I opted for the summerhouse, which partly acts as a greenhouse as well. I start my seeds off inside the house. It is surprising how much you can accomodate in the house...
    Tizzy - all good questions.I had this dilemma. I wanted a summerhouse and a greenhouse, but did not have enough room. So I opted for the summerhouse, which partly acts as a greenhouse as well. I start my seeds off inside the house. It is...
    Tizzy - all good questions.I had this dilemma. I wanted a summerhouse and a greenhouse, but did not have enough room. So I opted for the summerhouse, which partly acts as a greenhouse as...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Gardening Newbie

Thermometers

I cheat a bit and use a belt and braces approach. I've got a 4 inch diameter unit mounted outside the greenhouse which has a long sensor probe fixed half way along the greenhouse. While we can't...
    I cheat a bit and use a belt and braces approach. I've got a 4 inch diameter unit mounted outside the greenhouse which has a long sensor probe fixed half way along the greenhouse. While we can't read the numbers from the kitchen window we do know that if the pointer is near 2 o'clock its time to...
    I cheat a bit and use a belt and braces approach. I've got a 4 inch diameter unit mounted outside the greenhouse which has a long sensor probe fixed half way along the greenhouse. While we can't read the numbers from the kitchen window we do know...
    I cheat a bit and use a belt and braces approach. I've got a 4 inch diameter unit mounted outside the greenhouse which has a long sensor probe fixed half way along the greenhouse. While we can't...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Paladin

Pruning

Ok, will do. Should see him next week or one after. I think you could do it fine, if you are good on a ladder, which I asume you are from your work.
    Ok, will do. Should see him next week or one after. I think you could do it fine, if you are good on a ladder, which I asume you are from your work.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. LC

Coldframes

Freecycle sounds a good idea - I had never heard of it. I have just found there is one for my town, so I tried to sign up. But you had to do it through Yahoo, giving your full name, postcode and...
    Freecycle sounds a good idea - I had never heard of it. I have just found there is one for my town, so I tried to sign up. But you had to do it through Yahoo, giving your full name, postcode and e-mail address. That is a unique identification - so I opted not to join - shame though.Now if...
    Freecycle sounds a good idea - I had never heard of it. I have just found there is one for my town, so I tried to sign up. But you had to do it through Yahoo, giving your full name, postcode and e-mail address. That is a unique identification...
    Freecycle sounds a good idea - I had never heard of it. I have just found there is one for my town, so I tried to sign up. But you had to do it through Yahoo, giving your full name, postcode and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. big daddy

Neighbour with a big yellow van

Big Daddy Would you be allowed a bean net? And then grow hops up it. It will need a lot of support, but a thick string from high up on the house to a post at the front of the property would do it....
    Big Daddy Would you be allowed a bean net? And then grow hops up it. It will need a lot of support, but a thick string from high up on the house to a post at the front of the property would do it. Mind you, in May/June you need to shear it twice a day as the growth is so rampant, specially if...
    Big Daddy Would you be allowed a bean net? And then grow hops up it. It will need a lot of support, but a thick string from high up on the house to a post at the front of the property would do it. Mind you, in May/June you need to shear it twice...
    Big Daddy Would you be allowed a bean net? And then grow hops up it. It will need a lot of support, but a thick string from high up on the house to a post at the front of the property would do it....
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. redfifi1717

Can anyone explain?

I always thought that lichen growth as good as that was a sign of excellent air quality. You see it in the woods in wildest Scotland. I'm with Pete, those twigs look very Hollyesque to me too.Nik
    I always thought that lichen growth as good as that was a sign of excellent air quality. You see it in the woods in wildest Scotland. I'm with Pete, those twigs look very Hollyesque to me too.Nik
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. chanel

Hydrangea

what a helpful site! Incredibly useful!
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice