1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↑
  1. rustyroots

Podcast recommendations please

Hi All,I am having to isolate for 2 weeks and am looking to see where you all get you gardening podcasts from and any suggestions for good ones to listen to.Rusty
    Hi All,I am having to isolate for 2 weeks and am looking to see where you all get you gardening podcasts from and any suggestions for good ones to listen to.Rusty
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Warwicks1

Any thoughts on improving a barren landscape?

Perennial wallflowers, such as Bowles Mauve, do very well in gravel and can flower for a very long time. I had a bed of Bowles Mauve once, which flowered for 48 months continually until I changed...
    Perennial wallflowers, such as Bowles Mauve, do very well in gravel and can flower for a very long time. I had a bed of Bowles Mauve once, which flowered for 48 months continually until I changed my layout. Wallflowers and mini-boulders can look very well and easy to do.
    Perennial wallflowers, such as Bowles Mauve, do very well in gravel and can flower for a very long time. I had a bed of Bowles Mauve once, which flowered for 48 months continually until I changed my layout. Wallflowers and mini-boulders can look...
    Perennial wallflowers, such as Bowles Mauve, do very well in gravel and can flower for a very long time. I had a bed of Bowles Mauve once, which flowered for 48 months continually until I changed...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. fumanchu

Waterlogged

Don't we all.......
    Don't we all.......
    Don't we all.......
    Don't we all.......
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Michael Hewett

Exacum affine

Or surviving and not.;)
    Or surviving and not.;)
    Or surviving and not.;)
    Or surviving and not.;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. noisette47

Fritillaria persica

Evening all...I see that Peter Nyssen are having an end-of-season sale. Has anyone on here had experience of growing Fritillaria persica? Did it come back in following years? I'd be very grateful...
    Evening all...I see that Peter Nyssen are having an end-of-season sale. Has anyone on here had experience of growing Fritillaria persica? Did it come back in following years? I'd be very grateful for some pointers, 'cos even at 50% off they're not cheap. TIA :)
    Evening all...I see that Peter Nyssen are having an end-of-season sale. Has anyone on here had experience of growing Fritillaria persica? Did it come back in following years? I'd be very grateful for some pointers, 'cos even at 50% off they're...
    Evening all...I see that Peter Nyssen are having an end-of-season sale. Has anyone on here had experience of growing Fritillaria persica? Did it come back in following years? I'd be very grateful...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Spruce
    Like x 3

Best time to split ferns for the garden

thank you for the reply .... I do prefer to ask on here more fun ... otherwise why have this forum and I dont mean to sound rude its not said in that contextSpruce
    thank you for the reply .... I do prefer to ask on here more fun ... otherwise why have this forum and I dont mean to sound rude its not said in that contextSpruce
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Michael Reid

Groundwater (?) issue's.

Id go with the spring idwa too. We have them in the garden and in the village.Sounds like your water table has risen due to all this ran lately.Probably gone by spring and hosepipe ban by summer.;)
    Id go with the spring idwa too. We have them in the garden and in the village.Sounds like your water table has risen due to all this ran lately.Probably gone by spring and hosepipe ban by summer.;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Spruce
    Like x 7

Happy Christmas & New Year from Spruce to you

Merry Christmas @Spruce and all at GC. :santajump: I hope you all are well and all the best :imphrt:
    Merry Christmas @Spruce and all at GC. :santajump: I hope you all are well and all the best :imphrt:
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. ThePlantAssassin

Still got flowers!

Also lots of wildflowers still around, must look down next time I take a camera out, rather than up for birds.But there must have been some funny weather a short while ago as some of the local...
    Also lots of wildflowers still around, must look down next time I take a camera out, rather than up for birds.But there must have been some funny weather a short while ago as some of the local Horse Chestnuts had their sticky buds (due to open next spring) burst open and flower spikes appear,...
    Also lots of wildflowers still around, must look down next time I take a camera out, rather than up for birds.But there must have been some funny weather a short while ago as some of the local Horse Chestnuts had their sticky buds (due to open...
    Also lots of wildflowers still around, must look down next time I take a camera out, rather than up for birds.But there must have been some funny weather a short while ago as some of the local...
    IMG_20201216_133904032.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. ARMANDII

DAY LILIES - 2021

Another year of colour.
    Another year of colour.
    Another year of colour.
    Another year of colour.
    upload_2021-1-1_10-5-55.png
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. ARMANDII

THE IRIS FAMILY - 2021

Let's hope it's a good year.
    upload_2021-1-1_10-13-11.png
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Kevin Cowans

Pruning young Shrubs

Hello allThanks for the replies, it is appreciated.At the moment, my aim is to tidy up the Shrubs as they have a lot of stems with branches growing inwards, rubbing on other branches etc.I...
    Hello allThanks for the replies, it is appreciated.At the moment, my aim is to tidy up the Shrubs as they have a lot of stems with branches growing inwards, rubbing on other branches etc.I will wait until the aforementioned Shrubs have flowered and then I will remove the branches that are...
    Hello allThanks for the replies, it is appreciated.At the moment, my aim is to tidy up the Shrubs as they have a lot of stems with branches growing inwards, rubbing on other branches etc.I will wait until the aforementioned Shrubs have...
    Hello allThanks for the replies, it is appreciated.At the moment, my aim is to tidy up the Shrubs as they have a lot of stems with branches growing inwards, rubbing on other branches etc.I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. ARMANDII
    Like x 10

WHAT'S LOOKING GOOD IN DECEMBER 2020

New Thread HereWHATS LOOKING GOOD IN JANUARY 2021
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. NigelJ
    Like x 10

What Jobs Are We Doing In The Garden Today 2020

New Thread HereWHAT ARE WE DOING IN THE GARDEN TODAY - 2021
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. ARMANDII

FUCHSIAS 2020

New Thread HereFUCHSIAS - 2021
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. ARMANDII

SHOW US YOUR PURCHASES 2020

New Thread HereSHOW US YOUR PURCHASES - 2021
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Mark Smith

Can this be saved?

The 'cutting' can be chucked into a gritty compost....or just grit/pea shingle or sand. A lot of the time I've had them send out roots where they fell(were kicked off after having stabbed me)
    The 'cutting' can be chucked into a gritty compost....or just grit/pea shingle or sand. A lot of the time I've had them send out roots where they fell(were kicked off after having stabbed me)
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. HarryS

Greenhouse and pots disinfectant?

I cleaned mine just prior to putting up the bubble wrap in Oct/Nov. I use both Jeyes fluid and bleach. I have to pick a fine day when I can shift all the plants out and hope that it all dries...
    I cleaned mine just prior to putting up the bubble wrap in Oct/Nov. I use both Jeyes fluid and bleach. I have to pick a fine day when I can shift all the plants out and hope that it all dries before putting them back again. Everything is in pots at this stage so little chance of the jeyes...
    I cleaned mine just prior to putting up the bubble wrap in Oct/Nov. I use both Jeyes fluid and bleach. I have to pick a fine day when I can shift all the plants out and hope that it all dries before putting them back again. Everything is in pots...
    I cleaned mine just prior to putting up the bubble wrap in Oct/Nov. I use both Jeyes fluid and bleach. I have to pick a fine day when I can shift all the plants out and hope that it all dries...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. 2nd_bassoon
    Like x 3

Where to site the greenhouse

As your garden is going to develop over time, ( no one gets such a layout right first time) think we would go for a more rustic approach that can be readily repositioned, be it a bark mulch,...
    As your garden is going to develop over time, ( no one gets such a layout right first time) think we would go for a more rustic approach that can be readily repositioned, be it a bark mulch, gravel or steppping stones rather than a concreted in affair, like blocks or paving. Also going to take...
    As your garden is going to develop over time, ( no one gets such a layout right first time) think we would go for a more rustic approach that can be readily repositioned, be it a bark mulch, gravel or steppping stones rather than a concreted in...
    As your garden is going to develop over time, ( no one gets such a layout right first time) think we would go for a more rustic approach that can be readily repositioned, be it a bark mulch,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. alecras234

knowledge

Hello again Ash, for absolute basics, written in a clear, concise way, these are your best bet...
    Hello again Ash, for absolute basics, written in a clear, concise way, these are your best bet...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice