1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title
Replies ↓ Views
Last Message
  1. jimbob

whats happening to my pieris ?

I would think that they have been frost damaged. Only time will tell.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. LARGE GOONER

CLEMATIS ARMANDII SNOWDRIFT

From experience, yes it does. However planting it deeply, i.e. over the first leaf helps reduce the risk - and in any case having had two clematis disappear with that problem, if your patient they...
    From experience, yes it does. However planting it deeply, i.e. over the first leaf helps reduce the risk - and in any case having had two clematis disappear with that problem, if your patient they will come back.
    From experience, yes it does. However planting it deeply, i.e. over the first leaf helps reduce the risk - and in any case having had two clematis disappear with that problem, if your patient they will come back.
    From experience, yes it does. However planting it deeply, i.e. over the first leaf helps reduce the risk - and in any case having had two clematis disappear with that problem, if your patient they...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. steven

gth

What is 25 an hour ?Nathan.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Converses with Cows

Digging up a Japanese Maple. How?

hi ...glad you reminded me, I got 1 about 30" am going to move it toady, it's overcrowded with other plants, will also put it in a pot for the time being. Better now then never, in my case ...or...
    hi ...glad you reminded me, I got 1 about 30" am going to move it toady, it's overcrowded with other plants, will also put it in a pot for the time being. Better now then never, in my case ...or it never be seen orwill die anyway.Wold have been better in Autumn, but .....now is as good as...
    hi ...glad you reminded me, I got 1 about 30" am going to move it toady, it's overcrowded with other plants, will also put it in a pot for the time being. Better now then never, in my case ...or it never be seen orwill die anyway.Wold have been...
    hi ...glad you reminded me, I got 1 about 30" am going to move it toady, it's overcrowded with other plants, will also put it in a pot for the time being. Better now then never, in my case ...or...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Mimi

OT - A ? for Bayleaf

On the what??? You mean someone is using my name!!!! :mad: How dare they!! LOL ;)
    On the what??? You mean someone is using my name!!!! :mad: How dare they!! LOL ;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. tanya

vibernum

Hi Tanya - there are loads of different types of viburnum - need some more info - do you have a name for it? Is it evergreen, semi evergreen, deciduous? Could you post a pic? Does it have berries...
    Hi Tanya - there are loads of different types of viburnum - need some more info - do you have a name for it? Is it evergreen, semi evergreen, deciduous? Could you post a pic? Does it have berries later on? Most evergreen viburnum (flowering spring or early summer) are "pruning group 1" -...
    Hi Tanya - there are loads of different types of viburnum - need some more info - do you have a name for it? Is it evergreen, semi evergreen, deciduous? Could you post a pic? Does it have berries later on? Most evergreen viburnum (flowering...
    Hi Tanya - there are loads of different types of viburnum - need some more info - do you have a name for it? Is it evergreen, semi evergreen, deciduous? Could you post a pic? Does it have berries...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. paul

black eyed susan

Were the seeds properly ripe, and were they stored cool and dry through the winter. Thats the most important thing, any doubts might aswell buy a packet, not that expensive. Just noticed,...
    Were the seeds properly ripe, and were they stored cool and dry through the winter. Thats the most important thing, any doubts might aswell buy a packet, not that expensive. Just noticed, UNHEATED propagator in UNHEATED greenhouse, it might get warm during the day but its still cold at night....
    Were the seeds properly ripe, and were they stored cool and dry through the winter. Thats the most important thing, any doubts might aswell buy a packet, not that expensive. Just noticed, UNHEATED propagator in UNHEATED greenhouse, it might get...
    Were the seeds properly ripe, and were they stored cool and dry through the winter. Thats the most important thing, any doubts might aswell buy a packet, not that expensive. Just noticed,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Mitchell

Field Woodrush

Hi Mitchell - try the old RHS & good luck! http://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/profiles0404/fieldwoodrush.asp [ April 07, 2005, 07:26 PM: Message edited by: Bayleaf ]
    Hi Mitchell - try the old RHS & good luck! http://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/profiles0404/fieldwoodrush.asp [ April 07, 2005, 07:26 PM: Message edited by: Bayleaf ]
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. paul1158

Advice please for Raising Garden

Do you mean you want to raise it by 18 inches?
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. TRACEY

Cuttings

Take a look at this link Clematis cuttings - I think it covers everything.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. THW

Help, my daffodils have gone white!

What a mystery! All i can think of is that the only variety that has survived out of the original selection is a white one and lacking any competition they have been able to thrive. Doesnt...
    What a mystery! All i can think of is that the only variety that has survived out of the original selection is a white one and lacking any competition they have been able to thrive. Doesnt explain why they havnt flowered for ages. At least you have a lovely display this year. Enjoy.
    What a mystery! All i can think of is that the only variety that has survived out of the original selection is a white one and lacking any competition they have been able to thrive. Doesnt explain why they havnt flowered for ages. At least you...
    What a mystery! All i can think of is that the only variety that has survived out of the original selection is a white one and lacking any competition they have been able to thrive. Doesnt...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. ka65

How can I clear borage from my garden?

Don't dig it all up... lol..Borage is an excellent companion plant for tomatoes, squash and strawberries. The plant actually improves the flavor of tomatoes growing nearby. Borage flowers and...
    Don't dig it all up... lol..Borage is an excellent companion plant for tomatoes, squash and strawberries. The plant actually improves the flavor of tomatoes growing nearby. Borage flowers and leaves are the traditional decoration for gin-based summer cocktails, and may be set in ice cubes to...
    Don't dig it all up... lol..Borage is an excellent companion plant for tomatoes, squash and strawberries. The plant actually improves the flavor of tomatoes growing nearby. Borage flowers and leaves are the traditional decoration for gin-based...
    Don't dig it all up... lol..Borage is an excellent companion plant for tomatoes, squash and strawberries. The plant actually improves the flavor of tomatoes growing nearby. Borage flowers and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. reddolphin

Plants for a back yard

Hi reddolphin (Why the name?) If you dont want to get rid of the concrete that leaves you with container gardening. Dont worry you can get great results. For your choice of plants id check out...
    Hi reddolphin (Why the name?) If you dont want to get rid of the concrete that leaves you with container gardening. Dont worry you can get great results. For your choice of plants id check out a good garden centre and ask the staff for advice. Sorry i dont know any in your area but im sure...
    Hi reddolphin (Why the name?) If you dont want to get rid of the concrete that leaves you with container gardening. Dont worry you can get great results. For your choice of plants id check out a good garden centre and ask the staff for advice....
    Hi reddolphin (Why the name?) If you dont want to get rid of the concrete that leaves you with container gardening. Dont worry you can get great results. For your choice of plants id check out...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. george10

Houseplant Watering Products

After hearing about osmogro on the radio, I bought it from my local Dobbies garden centre. It seems to work using a gel membrane that prevents flooding but allows enough water to pass from a...
    After hearing about osmogro on the radio, I bought it from my local Dobbies garden centre. It seems to work using a gel membrane that prevents flooding but allows enough water to pass from a reservoir to the plant pot. So far I have tried it with a begonia, a chysanthemum and parsley and after...
    After hearing about osmogro on the radio, I bought it from my local Dobbies garden centre. It seems to work using a gel membrane that prevents flooding but allows enough water to pass from a reservoir to the plant pot. So far I have tried it...
    After hearing about osmogro on the radio, I bought it from my local Dobbies garden centre. It seems to work using a gel membrane that prevents flooding but allows enough water to pass from a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. fothers

plants for paving gaps

Try planting camomile, this should grow there, and i t will smell nice to
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Jane91

Raised Beds

hey janie, there is a reclaimed timber yard just over the hill from me - on manor lane, sheffield - you could perhaps get some old sleepers and build up your raised beds that way. You could do...
    hey janie, there is a reclaimed timber yard just over the hill from me - on manor lane, sheffield - you could perhaps get some old sleepers and build up your raised beds that way. You could do what we are doing and do/buy a bit each week/fortnight/month? havent priced up old sleepers but i think...
    hey janie, there is a reclaimed timber yard just over the hill from me - on manor lane, sheffield - you could perhaps get some old sleepers and build up your raised beds that way. You could do what we are doing and do/buy a bit each...
    hey janie, there is a reclaimed timber yard just over the hill from me - on manor lane, sheffield - you could perhaps get some old sleepers and build up your raised beds that way. You could do...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. BTTB

MOVING AN ACER

Dig out the largest rootball you can manage, at least (30cm) all round the trunk. Slide thick polythene sheeting under the rootball and it will move (slide easily). Dig a larger hole to replant...
    Dig out the largest rootball you can manage, at least (30cm) all round the trunk. Slide thick polythene sheeting under the rootball and it will move (slide easily). Dig a larger hole to replant and replant at exactly the same level as it was before. Sprinkle some fertiliser in the backfill soil....
    Dig out the largest rootball you can manage, at least (30cm) all round the trunk. Slide thick polythene sheeting under the rootball and it will move (slide easily). Dig a larger hole to replant and replant at exactly the same level as it was...
    Dig out the largest rootball you can manage, at least (30cm) all round the trunk. Slide thick polythene sheeting under the rootball and it will move (slide easily). Dig a larger hole to replant...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Mimi

fast growing evergreen climber

I am going to try Trachelospermum I looked it up on Google and it seems ideal, �£6-99 at our local nursery 3ft seemed a good buy.
    I am going to try Trachelospermum I looked it up on Google and it seems ideal, �£6-99 at our local nursery 3ft seemed a good buy.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. peterjrpowell1

USA Gardening Press

Have a look at davesgarden.com maybe someone there can help
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Murt

Gunnera Manicata

Not grown it myself Murt, wish I had the space. Just guessing but I think its propagated by division, so it should split OK pete
    Not grown it myself Murt, wish I had the space. Just guessing but I think its propagated by division, so it should split OK pete
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice