General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Lady Gardener

sowing foxgloves

As you probably know, Foxgloves, (Digitalis) D. purpurea and D. ferruginea usually flower in their second year so best to treat them as biennial. They may flower in the 3rd year as well if they...
    As you probably know, Foxgloves, (Digitalis) D. purpurea and D. ferruginea usually flower in their second year so best to treat them as biennial. They may flower in the 3rd year as well if they are not allowed to set seed. Other species are given as perennial.I don't have any specific...
    As you probably know, Foxgloves, (Digitalis) D. purpurea and D. ferruginea usually flower in their second year so best to treat them as biennial. They may flower in the 3rd year as well if they are not allowed to set seed. Other species are given...
    As you probably know, Foxgloves, (Digitalis) D. purpurea and D. ferruginea usually flower in their second year so best to treat them as biennial. They may flower in the 3rd year as well if they...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Escondite

Dracaena Marginata - Pls help me save it!

Thanks a lot. I will try that. There are plenty of leaves on the lower stem...indeed that lower area looks absolutely fine. Its the top leaves/stem that have wilted and are drooping. Fingers...
    Thanks a lot. I will try that. There are plenty of leaves on the lower stem...indeed that lower area looks absolutely fine. Its the top leaves/stem that have wilted and are drooping. Fingers crossed! Cheers
    Thanks a lot. I will try that. There are plenty of leaves on the lower stem...indeed that lower area looks absolutely fine. Its the top leaves/stem that have wilted and are drooping. Fingers crossed! Cheers
    Thanks a lot. I will try that. There are plenty of leaves on the lower stem...indeed that lower area looks absolutely fine. Its the top leaves/stem that have wilted and are drooping. Fingers...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. mayflower

fencing

no lasting effect ..... it will damage plants leaves if it splashes i suppose
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Gardening Newbie

Fundraising

Tomato, pepper, runnerbean, buzzie lizzie, sunflower, marigold, sweet pea - basically any cheap & poular seed - save all your yoghurt pots to put them in too!!!! (sell them singularly and make...
    Tomato, pepper, runnerbean, buzzie lizzie, sunflower, marigold, sweet pea - basically any cheap & poular seed - save all your yoghurt pots to put them in too!!!! (sell them singularly and make more money...)
    Tomato, pepper, runnerbean, buzzie lizzie, sunflower, marigold, sweet pea - basically any cheap & poular seed - save all your yoghurt pots to put them in too!!!! (sell them singularly and make more money...)
    Tomato, pepper, runnerbean, buzzie lizzie, sunflower, marigold, sweet pea - basically any cheap & poular seed - save all your yoghurt pots to put them in too!!!! (sell them singularly and make...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Barra

Flopping daffodils

Hmmm - not sure that this doesn't need a mod's input....
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. kathryn

Fat balls

Well i tried it and they love it, they definately prefer mine to the shop bought ones..thank you all
    Well i tried it and they love it, they definately prefer mine to the shop bought ones..thank you all
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Charlie

Orchid Advice Needed

Hi, I use rainwater for the indoor plants mainly because some don't like hard water and chlorine. Also the hard water makes a deposit on leaves and pots which is unsightly.
    Hi, I use rainwater for the indoor plants mainly because some don't like hard water and chlorine. Also the hard water makes a deposit on leaves and pots which is unsightly.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Jackie

Community gardening scheme

As I say Jackie I really do wish you luck on this one. But the point I was trying to make is that the work of fifty people over some months can all be undone in one night by half a dozen yobs. ...
    As I say Jackie I really do wish you luck on this one. But the point I was trying to make is that the work of fifty people over some months can all be undone in one night by half a dozen yobs. Its not right. :( Even the cemetaries get vandalised around here. [ 29. January 2006, 04:12 PM:...
    As I say Jackie I really do wish you luck on this one. But the point I was trying to make is that the work of fifty people over some months can all be undone in one night by half a dozen yobs. Its not right. :( Even the cemetaries get...
    As I say Jackie I really do wish you luck on this one. But the point I was trying to make is that the work of fifty people over some months can all be undone in one night by half a dozen yobs. ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. duckyjuk

wow i done it

At a guess Acer pseudoplatanus brilliantissimum A varegated sycamore
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Charlie

Help with orchid needed

I know they quite often are sold in clear pots, but I always repot them into ordinary pots, usually the ceramic type, and they dont seem to mind. Must admit I have heard that theory,Rudham but I...
    I know they quite often are sold in clear pots, but I always repot them into ordinary pots, usually the ceramic type, and they dont seem to mind. Must admit I have heard that theory,Rudham but I dont know that its true, I know most orchids have a relationship with fungus, and the epiphytic...
    I know they quite often are sold in clear pots, but I always repot them into ordinary pots, usually the ceramic type, and they dont seem to mind. Must admit I have heard that theory,Rudham but I dont know that its true, I know most orchids have...
    I know they quite often are sold in clear pots, but I always repot them into ordinary pots, usually the ceramic type, and they dont seem to mind. Must admit I have heard that theory,Rudham but I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. dalbuie

cheshunt compound

For the more organic amongst us, look at this thread: http://www.gardenerscorner.co.uk/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=000070;p=2
    For the more organic amongst us, look at this thread: http://www.gardenerscorner.co.uk/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=000070;p=2
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. tina

CATS

And can you imagine forgeting it was there and walking past. could be a bit of a shock :D
    And can you imagine forgeting it was there and walking past. could be a bit of a shock :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Fran

First Gardens

I hope the next quote comes in lower but there's a lot of hard landscaping to do - and that costs.Thought - I wonder if it would be cheaper - to get your preferred firm to a) give you a plan...
    I hope the next quote comes in lower but there's a lot of hard landscaping to do - and that costs.Thought - I wonder if it would be cheaper - to get your preferred firm to a) give you a plan b)work with you to do it in stages over time with you doing some of the work between stages. If the...
    I hope the next quote comes in lower but there's a lot of hard landscaping to do - and that costs.Thought - I wonder if it would be cheaper - to get your preferred firm to a) give you a plan b)work with you to do it in stages over time with...
    I hope the next quote comes in lower but there's a lot of hard landscaping to do - and that costs.Thought - I wonder if it would be cheaper - to get your preferred firm to a) give you a plan...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. SueH

putting conservatory plant outside

Sue that sounds like a great idea. Moving any plant out of warm indoors at this time of year - can give it a heck of a shock.I'm with Pete, some variety of azaleas are not able to tolerate our...
    Sue that sounds like a great idea. Moving any plant out of warm indoors at this time of year - can give it a heck of a shock.I'm with Pete, some variety of azaleas are not able to tolerate our winters outside - any chance you can post us a picture of yours?
    Sue that sounds like a great idea. Moving any plant out of warm indoors at this time of year - can give it a heck of a shock.I'm with Pete, some variety of azaleas are not able to tolerate our winters outside - any chance you can post us a...
    Sue that sounds like a great idea. Moving any plant out of warm indoors at this time of year - can give it a heck of a shock.I'm with Pete, some variety of azaleas are not able to tolerate our...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Palustris

WARNING

Well I�m sorry to say but it�s me that needs to apologise to Palustris. I first went off topic, I was saying that��. On never mind no good talking to the ��...
    Well I�m sorry to say but it�s me that needs to apologise to Palustris. I first went off topic, I was saying that��. On never mind no good talking to the �� Anyway please except my apologies Palustris.
    Well I�m sorry to say but it�s me that needs to apologise to Palustris. I first went off topic, I was saying that��. On never mind no good talking to the �� Anyway please except my apologies Palustris.
    Well I�m sorry to say but it�s me that needs to apologise to Palustris. I first went off topic, I was saying that��. On never mind no good talking to the ��...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Liz

Goldfishes survive!

HiI have keept fish in a pond for years, when the tem drops the fish will go into a sort of suspended animation so try not to disturb them to much. As a genaral rule they wont need food if the...
    HiI have keept fish in a pond for years, when the tem drops the fish will go into a sort of suspended animation so try not to disturb them to much. As a genaral rule they wont need food if the water temp is delow 10 degrees. If you do get ice on the top for a long perion stand a hot pan on...
    HiI have keept fish in a pond for years, when the tem drops the fish will go into a sort of suspended animation so try not to disturb them to much. As a genaral rule they wont need food if the water temp is delow 10 degrees. If you do get...
    HiI have keept fish in a pond for years, when the tem drops the fish will go into a sort of suspended animation so try not to disturb them to much. As a genaral rule they wont need food if the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. hans

Wild Birds

A flock of long tailed tits called today, about eight of them, they seem to like just about everything but one stays on guard. I've seen them visit quite few times and they are always a talking...
    A flock of long tailed tits called today, about eight of them, they seem to like just about everything but one stays on guard. I've seen them visit quite few times and they are always a talking point. But where was the camera? today, upstairs. [ 27. January 2006, 04:44 PM: Message edited by:...
    A flock of long tailed tits called today, about eight of them, they seem to like just about everything but one stays on guard. I've seen them visit quite few times and they are always a talking point. But where was the camera? today, upstairs. ...
    A flock of long tailed tits called today, about eight of them, they seem to like just about everything but one stays on guard. I've seen them visit quite few times and they are always a talking...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Honey Bee

Ivy - How can I get rid?

I would go with Liz's suggestion. Also be very carefull where you dump any bits you chop down. They will root into almost anything!If you want some ivy growing go for one of the smaller leaved...
    I would go with Liz's suggestion. Also be very carefull where you dump any bits you chop down. They will root into almost anything!If you want some ivy growing go for one of the smaller leaved varigated ornamental type. They are usually hardy enough to survive outside but are much slower...
    I would go with Liz's suggestion. Also be very carefull where you dump any bits you chop down. They will root into almost anything!If you want some ivy growing go for one of the smaller leaved varigated ornamental type. They are usually hardy...
    I would go with Liz's suggestion. Also be very carefull where you dump any bits you chop down. They will root into almost anything!If you want some ivy growing go for one of the smaller leaved...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. pauleee

A south or south west facing garden has more light during the year, when the sun starts to get lower in the sky i.e. spring, autumn and winter. Additionally the house provides some protections to...
    A south or south west facing garden has more light during the year, when the sun starts to get lower in the sky i.e. spring, autumn and winter. Additionally the house provides some protections to the garden from cold northerly or north easterly winds.Better for sunbathing tooo :D
    A south or south west facing garden has more light during the year, when the sun starts to get lower in the sky i.e. spring, autumn and winter. Additionally the house provides some protections to the garden from cold northerly or north easterly...
    A south or south west facing garden has more light during the year, when the sun starts to get lower in the sky i.e. spring, autumn and winter. Additionally the house provides some protections to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. mayflower

fuchia

thanks for reply been in pot out side for awhile it was a cutting .
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice