General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Gardening Newbie

Footwear suggestions!

I think we male gardeners would love a photo, lisa. If you dressed like that down the allotments I can imagine loads of new gardeners starting up, just how much work they would do I don't know. We...
    I think we male gardeners would love a photo, lisa. If you dressed like that down the allotments I can imagine loads of new gardeners starting up, just how much work they would do I don't know. We could become overwhelmed with new members.
    I think we male gardeners would love a photo, lisa. If you dressed like that down the allotments I can imagine loads of new gardeners starting up, just how much work they would do I don't know. We could become overwhelmed with new members.
    I think we male gardeners would love a photo, lisa. If you dressed like that down the allotments I can imagine loads of new gardeners starting up, just how much work they would do I don't know. We...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. tigglestiggles

low soil level - anything that can grow

I am in the process of buying seeds/plants, but it states nowhere on those websites when you can plant/sow?I absolutely want snow in winter Geranium Vinca Thymethat should fill the front...
    I am in the process of buying seeds/plants, but it states nowhere on those websites when you can plant/sow?I absolutely want snow in winter Geranium Vinca Thymethat should fill the front really nicely and hopefully look stunning!
    I am in the process of buying seeds/plants, but it states nowhere on those websites when you can plant/sow?I absolutely want snow in winter Geranium Vinca Thymethat should fill the front really nicely and hopefully look stunning!
    I am in the process of buying seeds/plants, but it states nowhere on those websites when you can plant/sow?I absolutely want snow in winter Geranium Vinca Thymethat should fill the front...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Softers

Need advice on climbing plants

I always throught Russian vine was like an ivy and not evergreen and its stems whent red in winter????
    I always throught Russian vine was like an ivy and not evergreen and its stems whent red in winter????
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Pookie

Help

Some gentians, soldanella, corydalis, campanula [all these are blue], cyclamen and other spring bulbs, saxifragia, vaccinium [cranberry]. There are also annuals such as Aquilegia which are easy to...
    Some gentians, soldanella, corydalis, campanula [all these are blue], cyclamen and other spring bulbs, saxifragia, vaccinium [cranberry]. There are also annuals such as Aquilegia which are easy to grow or buy and come in loads of colours and sizes See if there's a local nursery selling...
    Some gentians, soldanella, corydalis, campanula [all these are blue], cyclamen and other spring bulbs, saxifragia, vaccinium [cranberry]. There are also annuals such as Aquilegia which are easy to grow or buy and come in loads of colours and...
    Some gentians, soldanella, corydalis, campanula [all these are blue], cyclamen and other spring bulbs, saxifragia, vaccinium [cranberry]. There are also annuals such as Aquilegia which are easy to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Madrat

frost

Last frost here July 7th.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. jjordie

Signs of Spring

Nice - thanks for sharing.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. spanna

what to do

If you put manure down now, you will be protecting the slugs and eggs from the frost which sometimes has the tendency to kill them. I would wait till end of frost time and dig in the stuff well -...
    If you put manure down now, you will be protecting the slugs and eggs from the frost which sometimes has the tendency to kill them. I would wait till end of frost time and dig in the stuff well - but again, it must be well-rotted from the compost heap not the farmyard.
    If you put manure down now, you will be protecting the slugs and eggs from the frost which sometimes has the tendency to kill them. I would wait till end of frost time and dig in the stuff well - but again, it must be well-rotted from the compost...
    If you put manure down now, you will be protecting the slugs and eggs from the frost which sometimes has the tendency to kill them. I would wait till end of frost time and dig in the stuff well -...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Rich

First daffodil in bloom.

Hey I got home and Yes I got one too. But smaller than yours.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Pookie

General advice needed

How about Lavenders? Heathers are ok but some prefer acid soils so you will need to add lots of acid compost. What about Heuchera Palace purple or any of the Heuchera family, there are lots to...
    How about Lavenders? Heathers are ok but some prefer acid soils so you will need to add lots of acid compost. What about Heuchera Palace purple or any of the Heuchera family, there are lots to choose from and they look lovely. Hebes, lots of different ones.Euonymus. Does it get sun and for how...
    How about Lavenders? Heathers are ok but some prefer acid soils so you will need to add lots of acid compost. What about Heuchera Palace purple or any of the Heuchera family, there are lots to choose from and they look lovely. Hebes, lots of...
    How about Lavenders? Heathers are ok but some prefer acid soils so you will need to add lots of acid compost. What about Heuchera Palace purple or any of the Heuchera family, there are lots to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. hans

What is flowering please

Thanks all, My snowdrops are up and open, always welcome. [ 24. January 2006, 12:42 PM: Message edited by: hans ]
    Thanks all, My snowdrops are up and open, always welcome. [ 24. January 2006, 12:42 PM: Message edited by: hans ]
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. floris

orchid

I found that Pete, although I must admit the peaty looking stuff is very fast draining.
    I found that Pete, although I must admit the peaty looking stuff is very fast draining.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Rendezvous

Landscaping Problem

Ouch that struck a nerve - I have finally given up my long battle at trying to control ground elder coming in from next door in one of my borders - it is now membraned and will be mulched. I would...
    Ouch that struck a nerve - I have finally given up my long battle at trying to control ground elder coming in from next door in one of my borders - it is now membraned and will be mulched. I would rather not have had to do that - but like the war with field bindweed from next door in the front -...
    Ouch that struck a nerve - I have finally given up my long battle at trying to control ground elder coming in from next door in one of my borders - it is now membraned and will be mulched. I would rather not have had to do that - but like the war...
    Ouch that struck a nerve - I have finally given up my long battle at trying to control ground elder coming in from next door in one of my borders - it is now membraned and will be mulched. I would...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. kira

rotavating clay soil

wow, thanks for all the replies and advice. I've got a much better idea of what needs doing now. I also know where to come with any more questions! thanks everyone. x
    wow, thanks for all the replies and advice. I've got a much better idea of what needs doing now. I also know where to come with any more questions! thanks everyone. x
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. brownboots

Mahonia aquifolium

Thank you very much lisa. We will check them out.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Gillimar

capsis radicans

This has been answered on another part of the forum http://www.gardenerscorner.co.uk/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=000115 [ 23. January 2006, 05:29 PM: Message edited by:...
    This has been answered on another part of the forum http://www.gardenerscorner.co.uk/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=000115 [ 23. January 2006, 05:29 PM: Message edited by: lisa0307 ]
    This has been answered on another part of the forum http://www.gardenerscorner.co.uk/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=000115 [ 23. January 2006, 05:29 PM: Message edited by: lisa0307 ]
    This has been answered on another part of the forum http://www.gardenerscorner.co.uk/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=000115 [ 23. January 2006, 05:29 PM: Message edited by:...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Liz

Lovely books new and old

My Son never goes to the library or borrowes books. He visits book shops and likes to buy. He has about six/Seven hundred,and will re-read. I on the other hand always go to the library. Never...
    My Son never goes to the library or borrowes books. He visits book shops and likes to buy. He has about six/Seven hundred,and will re-read. I on the other hand always go to the library. Never read a book twice. Only own nine reference books, which needless to say my son bought me. Both of us...
    My Son never goes to the library or borrowes books. He visits book shops and likes to buy. He has about six/Seven hundred,and will re-read. I on the other hand always go to the library. Never read a book twice. Only own nine reference books,...
    My Son never goes to the library or borrowes books. He visits book shops and likes to buy. He has about six/Seven hundred,and will re-read. I on the other hand always go to the library. Never...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. msmith570

Newbie -Help with 160x80ft garden much needed!

Yes, Look at as many books and gardens as you can till you get some ideas. And dont wory if you come home with a car full of plants then after you put them in they almost disapear, we were always...
    Yes, Look at as many books and gardens as you can till you get some ideas. And dont wory if you come home with a car full of plants then after you put them in they almost disapear, we were always doing that. You will get ther just takes time unles you have thousands to throw at it in one go and...
    Yes, Look at as many books and gardens as you can till you get some ideas. And dont wory if you come home with a car full of plants then after you put them in they almost disapear, we were always doing that. You will get ther just takes time...
    Yes, Look at as many books and gardens as you can till you get some ideas. And dont wory if you come home with a car full of plants then after you put them in they almost disapear, we were always...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. NIGEL.B

Jasminum Officinale

Thanks Lisa,I will give this a try and keep my fingers crossed.I put the plant in this particular position in the hope it would up grow up towards my daughters bedroom window.Maybe next winter I...
    Thanks Lisa,I will give this a try and keep my fingers crossed.I put the plant in this particular position in the hope it would up grow up towards my daughters bedroom window.Maybe next winter I shall put some flleece around it.
    Thanks Lisa,I will give this a try and keep my fingers crossed.I put the plant in this particular position in the hope it would up grow up towards my daughters bedroom window.Maybe next winter I shall put some flleece around it.
    Thanks Lisa,I will give this a try and keep my fingers crossed.I put the plant in this particular position in the hope it would up grow up towards my daughters bedroom window.Maybe next winter I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. John P

Fortinia Red Robin

This may helphttp://tinyurl.com/bjgm7Brian
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. MaryMary

Transformation

BASIC well, you have to plant sun loving plants in sunny site ...... this includes most of the herbs.,, rosemary, sage, lavender, thyme shade loving plants are ferns, hostas. butterflies like...
    BASIC well, you have to plant sun loving plants in sunny site ...... this includes most of the herbs.,, rosemary, sage, lavender, thyme shade loving plants are ferns, hostas. butterflies like buddlia but these are too agressive for pots imo, there are lots of small perennials which attract...
    BASIC well, you have to plant sun loving plants in sunny site ...... this includes most of the herbs.,, rosemary, sage, lavender, thyme shade loving plants are ferns, hostas. butterflies like buddlia but these are too agressive for pots imo,...
    BASIC well, you have to plant sun loving plants in sunny site ...... this includes most of the herbs.,, rosemary, sage, lavender, thyme shade loving plants are ferns, hostas. butterflies like...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice