General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. redfifi1717

Pampas grass

Exactly pete, and makes them grow better.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. badsal72

companion planting

What a great website! Many thanks
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Fran

First Gardens

I hope the next quote comes in lower but there's a lot of hard landscaping to do - and that costs.Thought - I wonder if it would be cheaper - to get your preferred firm to a) give you a plan...
    I hope the next quote comes in lower but there's a lot of hard landscaping to do - and that costs.Thought - I wonder if it would be cheaper - to get your preferred firm to a) give you a plan b)work with you to do it in stages over time with you doing some of the work between stages. If the...
    I hope the next quote comes in lower but there's a lot of hard landscaping to do - and that costs.Thought - I wonder if it would be cheaper - to get your preferred firm to a) give you a plan b)work with you to do it in stages over time with...
    I hope the next quote comes in lower but there's a lot of hard landscaping to do - and that costs.Thought - I wonder if it would be cheaper - to get your preferred firm to a) give you a plan...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. gardenmad

Iris Eleganisima

Thanks for your speedy relpy. Will be in contact with Alpine society at the weekend so fingers crossed
    Thanks for your speedy relpy. Will be in contact with Alpine society at the weekend so fingers crossed
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Gardening Newbie

Sowing Annuals

I often sow HA's in Autumn and often, but not always, get a fantastic show from late spring on.Last year's lobelia flowered profusely from spring to the end of september.And I live way, way up...
    I often sow HA's in Autumn and often, but not always, get a fantastic show from late spring on.Last year's lobelia flowered profusely from spring to the end of september.And I live way, way up North where we don't get much heat!!Big Mick
    I often sow HA's in Autumn and often, but not always, get a fantastic show from late spring on.Last year's lobelia flowered profusely from spring to the end of september.And I live way, way up North where we don't get much heat!!Big Mick
    I often sow HA's in Autumn and often, but not always, get a fantastic show from late spring on.Last year's lobelia flowered profusely from spring to the end of september.And I live way, way up...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Jackie

Community gardening scheme

As I say Jackie I really do wish you luck on this one. But the point I was trying to make is that the work of fifty people over some months can all be undone in one night by half a dozen yobs. ...
    As I say Jackie I really do wish you luck on this one. But the point I was trying to make is that the work of fifty people over some months can all be undone in one night by half a dozen yobs. Its not right. :( Even the cemetaries get vandalised around here. [ 29. January 2006, 04:12 PM:...
    As I say Jackie I really do wish you luck on this one. But the point I was trying to make is that the work of fifty people over some months can all be undone in one night by half a dozen yobs. Its not right. :( Even the cemetaries get...
    As I say Jackie I really do wish you luck on this one. But the point I was trying to make is that the work of fifty people over some months can all be undone in one night by half a dozen yobs. ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. em

damp shade loving plants? ideas please!

May I suggest that you leave the Astilbe alone - they do well in damp partial shade - and always die back in the winter, re-appearing in late spring.Sounds like you've got a nice woodland going...
    May I suggest that you leave the Astilbe alone - they do well in damp partial shade - and always die back in the winter, re-appearing in late spring.Sounds like you've got a nice woodland going at the bottom of your garden - so I'd go with the flow and encourage it going for for woodland...
    May I suggest that you leave the Astilbe alone - they do well in damp partial shade - and always die back in the winter, re-appearing in late spring.Sounds like you've got a nice woodland going at the bottom of your garden - so I'd go with the...
    May I suggest that you leave the Astilbe alone - they do well in damp partial shade - and always die back in the winter, re-appearing in late spring.Sounds like you've got a nice woodland going...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. anth440

fencing

Hi anfh440 and hans, you can also buy recycled plastic fencing posts now which look better than concrete and last just as long. Md, I have always had rented properties, council and private- I...
    Hi anfh440 and hans, you can also buy recycled plastic fencing posts now which look better than concrete and last just as long. Md, I have always had rented properties, council and private- I have always when financially able improved the properties, even if you don't own it, it makes life...
    Hi anfh440 and hans, you can also buy recycled plastic fencing posts now which look better than concrete and last just as long. Md, I have always had rented properties, council and private- I have always when financially able improved the...
    Hi anfh440 and hans, you can also buy recycled plastic fencing posts now which look better than concrete and last just as long. Md, I have always had rented properties, council and private- I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. anth440

bamboo stems

Cheers Steve, will have a go, but not usually very good with houseplants !!! do much better in the garden.
    Cheers Steve, will have a go, but not usually very good with houseplants !!! do much better in the garden.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. mowgley

Heated propagator

Thank you all for your valued input. Will leave it till early March. Will let you all know how my first attempts of seed growing goes Again many thx Sean
    Thank you all for your valued input. Will leave it till early March. Will let you all know how my first attempts of seed growing goes Again many thx Sean
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Liz

Large palms or ferns

Liz, I see what you mean about men with large plants hmm It seems to be true.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Transkeisue

An old bath

Hi, when having fish in a pond you need to look for plands that help i.e you can get oxygen weed - not sure if thats the correct name but it puts oxygen in the water for the fish - also some...
    Hi, when having fish in a pond you need to look for plands that help i.e you can get oxygen weed - not sure if thats the correct name but it puts oxygen in the water for the fish - also some snails that clean up the fish waste - all makes a nicer environment.
    Hi, when having fish in a pond you need to look for plands that help i.e you can get oxygen weed - not sure if thats the correct name but it puts oxygen in the water for the fish - also some snails that clean up the fish waste - all makes a nicer...
    Hi, when having fish in a pond you need to look for plands that help i.e you can get oxygen weed - not sure if thats the correct name but it puts oxygen in the water for the fish - also some...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. martyn

west facing?

just what i needed to get started. thanks very much
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. samsoph

watering blueberries and other plants

Thanks Steve for all your advice...its very much appreciated Gill
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. chan

pelargoniums

Thanks for the advice - will try that today. Unfortunately the only warm room also has the only sunny window at this time of year!might be back here in a couple of months asking if anyone has...
    Thanks for the advice - will try that today. Unfortunately the only warm room also has the only sunny window at this time of year!might be back here in a couple of months asking if anyone has any cuttings from 'lord bute' - it is my favourite and is the one which is suffering most -...
    Thanks for the advice - will try that today. Unfortunately the only warm room also has the only sunny window at this time of year!might be back here in a couple of months asking if anyone has any cuttings from 'lord bute' - it is my favourite...
    Thanks for the advice - will try that today. Unfortunately the only warm room also has the only sunny window at this time of year!might be back here in a couple of months asking if anyone has...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. carole_no1

curry plant and cats!

This is said to workhttp://plants.thompson-morgan.com/uk/en/product/2131/1?SA=1303
    This is said to workhttp://plants.thompson-morgan.com/uk/en/product/2131/1?SA=1303
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Softers

Need advice on climbing plants

I always throught Russian vine was like an ivy and not evergreen and its stems whent red in winter????
    I always throught Russian vine was like an ivy and not evergreen and its stems whent red in winter????
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Fran

Colour through the year

I spent the day in a lecture theatre in London so I missed out on a lovely day. I'm hoping tomorrow is pleasant because I'm working from home and will, hopefully get an opportunity to inspect the...
    I spent the day in a lecture theatre in London so I missed out on a lovely day. I'm hoping tomorrow is pleasant because I'm working from home and will, hopefully get an opportunity to inspect the garden for any signs of spring activity.
    I spent the day in a lecture theatre in London so I missed out on a lovely day. I'm hoping tomorrow is pleasant because I'm working from home and will, hopefully get an opportunity to inspect the garden for any signs of spring activity.
    I spent the day in a lecture theatre in London so I missed out on a lovely day. I'm hoping tomorrow is pleasant because I'm working from home and will, hopefully get an opportunity to inspect the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. warbaby

Fir needles

:D Thanks everybody, I will be taking all suggestions and trying out till I succeed.
    :D Thanks everybody, I will be taking all suggestions and trying out till I succeed.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. elainefiz

VIBURNUM-when to prune/

Then you will never be without them ever again. Think you get six in a pack, they look like jelly in a pot with foil tops usually. Just take your cuttings, normally 3 or 4 to a pot, pierce a small...
    Then you will never be without them ever again. Think you get six in a pack, they look like jelly in a pot with foil tops usually. Just take your cuttings, normally 3 or 4 to a pot, pierce a small hole in foil top and slide them in, Gel has all the hormone wotsits that do the root growing and...
    Then you will never be without them ever again. Think you get six in a pack, they look like jelly in a pot with foil tops usually. Just take your cuttings, normally 3 or 4 to a pot, pierce a small hole in foil top and slide them in, Gel has all...
    Then you will never be without them ever again. Think you get six in a pack, they look like jelly in a pot with foil tops usually. Just take your cuttings, normally 3 or 4 to a pot, pierce a small...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice