General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Honey Bee

which seeds??

Gardeners Delight is a cherry tom, I've grwn several types now but always come back to GD they are the best for flavour & crop well toHelen
    Gardeners Delight is a cherry tom, I've grwn several types now but always come back to GD they are the best for flavour & crop well toHelen
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. PeterS

Perennial Tulips

I agree with you Fran. Whilst I like Christine herself of Christine's Garden - there isn't much gardening in it.But you can certainly learn from Alan Tichmarsh - even if there is sometimes a...
    I agree with you Fran. Whilst I like Christine herself of Christine's Garden - there isn't much gardening in it.But you can certainly learn from Alan Tichmarsh - even if there is sometimes a bit too much Tichmarsh.
    I agree with you Fran. Whilst I like Christine herself of Christine's Garden - there isn't much gardening in it.But you can certainly learn from Alan Tichmarsh - even if there is sometimes a bit too much Tichmarsh.
    I agree with you Fran. Whilst I like Christine herself of Christine's Garden - there isn't much gardening in it.But you can certainly learn from Alan Tichmarsh - even if there is sometimes a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. badsal72

companion planting

What a great website! Many thanks
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Julekha

Feeding Hedges

Thanks for your help
    Thanks for your help
    Thanks for your help
    Thanks for your help
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Julekha

ATTRACTIVE EVERGREENS

Thats great thank you for your help
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. gardenmad

Iris Eleganisima

Thanks for your speedy relpy. Will be in contact with Alpine society at the weekend so fingers crossed
    Thanks for your speedy relpy. Will be in contact with Alpine society at the weekend so fingers crossed
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. anth440

fencing

Hi anfh440 and hans, you can also buy recycled plastic fencing posts now which look better than concrete and last just as long. Md, I have always had rented properties, council and private- I...
    Hi anfh440 and hans, you can also buy recycled plastic fencing posts now which look better than concrete and last just as long. Md, I have always had rented properties, council and private- I have always when financially able improved the properties, even if you don't own it, it makes life...
    Hi anfh440 and hans, you can also buy recycled plastic fencing posts now which look better than concrete and last just as long. Md, I have always had rented properties, council and private- I have always when financially able improved the...
    Hi anfh440 and hans, you can also buy recycled plastic fencing posts now which look better than concrete and last just as long. Md, I have always had rented properties, council and private- I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. em

damp shade loving plants? ideas please!

May I suggest that you leave the Astilbe alone - they do well in damp partial shade - and always die back in the winter, re-appearing in late spring.Sounds like you've got a nice woodland going...
    May I suggest that you leave the Astilbe alone - they do well in damp partial shade - and always die back in the winter, re-appearing in late spring.Sounds like you've got a nice woodland going at the bottom of your garden - so I'd go with the flow and encourage it going for for woodland...
    May I suggest that you leave the Astilbe alone - they do well in damp partial shade - and always die back in the winter, re-appearing in late spring.Sounds like you've got a nice woodland going at the bottom of your garden - so I'd go with the...
    May I suggest that you leave the Astilbe alone - they do well in damp partial shade - and always die back in the winter, re-appearing in late spring.Sounds like you've got a nice woodland going...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. samsoph

watering blueberries and other plants

Thanks Steve for all your advice...its very much appreciated Gill
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. mowgley

Heated propagator

Thank you all for your valued input. Will leave it till early March. Will let you all know how my first attempts of seed growing goes Again many thx Sean
    Thank you all for your valued input. Will leave it till early March. Will let you all know how my first attempts of seed growing goes Again many thx Sean
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Fran

Colour through the year

I spent the day in a lecture theatre in London so I missed out on a lovely day. I'm hoping tomorrow is pleasant because I'm working from home and will, hopefully get an opportunity to inspect the...
    I spent the day in a lecture theatre in London so I missed out on a lovely day. I'm hoping tomorrow is pleasant because I'm working from home and will, hopefully get an opportunity to inspect the garden for any signs of spring activity.
    I spent the day in a lecture theatre in London so I missed out on a lovely day. I'm hoping tomorrow is pleasant because I'm working from home and will, hopefully get an opportunity to inspect the garden for any signs of spring activity.
    I spent the day in a lecture theatre in London so I missed out on a lovely day. I'm hoping tomorrow is pleasant because I'm working from home and will, hopefully get an opportunity to inspect the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. anth440

bamboo stems

Cheers Steve, will have a go, but not usually very good with houseplants !!! do much better in the garden.
    Cheers Steve, will have a go, but not usually very good with houseplants !!! do much better in the garden.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. martyn

west facing?

just what i needed to get started. thanks very much
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. carole_no1

curry plant and cats!

This is said to workhttp://plants.thompson-morgan.com/uk/en/product/2131/1?SA=1303
    This is said to workhttp://plants.thompson-morgan.com/uk/en/product/2131/1?SA=1303
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. chan

pelargoniums

Thanks for the advice - will try that today. Unfortunately the only warm room also has the only sunny window at this time of year!might be back here in a couple of months asking if anyone has...
    Thanks for the advice - will try that today. Unfortunately the only warm room also has the only sunny window at this time of year!might be back here in a couple of months asking if anyone has any cuttings from 'lord bute' - it is my favourite and is the one which is suffering most -...
    Thanks for the advice - will try that today. Unfortunately the only warm room also has the only sunny window at this time of year!might be back here in a couple of months asking if anyone has any cuttings from 'lord bute' - it is my favourite...
    Thanks for the advice - will try that today. Unfortunately the only warm room also has the only sunny window at this time of year!might be back here in a couple of months asking if anyone has...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Gardening Newbie

Sowing Sweet Peas

its from the accidental gardeners almanac by michael powell, brilliant book!
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. warbaby

Fir needles

:D Thanks everybody, I will be taking all suggestions and trying out till I succeed.
    :D Thanks everybody, I will be taking all suggestions and trying out till I succeed.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Madrat

recomandations please

Firstly Madrat, I did not "slag off your gardening abilaty" as you put it, I merely pointed out that your avitar did not say much about your gardening, ie it is not plant or gardening,...
    Firstly Madrat, I did not "slag off your gardening abilaty" as you put it, I merely pointed out that your avitar did not say much about your gardening, ie it is not plant or gardening, orientated. I also pointed out that if you have a political point to make, then start a new thread in the "Non...
    Firstly Madrat, I did not "slag off your gardening abilaty" as you put it, I merely pointed out that your avitar did not say much about your gardening, ie it is not plant or gardening, orientated. I also pointed out that if you have a political...
    Firstly Madrat, I did not "slag off your gardening abilaty" as you put it, I merely pointed out that your avitar did not say much about your gardening, ie it is not plant or gardening,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Liz

What happened?

thanks pete2255.
    thanks pete2255.
    thanks pete2255.
    thanks pete2255.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. elainefiz

VIBURNUM-when to prune/

Then you will never be without them ever again. Think you get six in a pack, they look like jelly in a pot with foil tops usually. Just take your cuttings, normally 3 or 4 to a pot, pierce a small...
    Then you will never be without them ever again. Think you get six in a pack, they look like jelly in a pot with foil tops usually. Just take your cuttings, normally 3 or 4 to a pot, pierce a small hole in foil top and slide them in, Gel has all the hormone wotsits that do the root growing and...
    Then you will never be without them ever again. Think you get six in a pack, they look like jelly in a pot with foil tops usually. Just take your cuttings, normally 3 or 4 to a pot, pierce a small hole in foil top and slide them in, Gel has all...
    Then you will never be without them ever again. Think you get six in a pack, they look like jelly in a pot with foil tops usually. Just take your cuttings, normally 3 or 4 to a pot, pierce a small...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice