1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. warbaby

Fir needles

:D Thanks everybody, I will be taking all suggestions and trying out till I succeed.
    :D Thanks everybody, I will be taking all suggestions and trying out till I succeed.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. elainefiz

VIBURNUM-when to prune/

Then you will never be without them ever again. Think you get six in a pack, they look like jelly in a pot with foil tops usually. Just take your cuttings, normally 3 or 4 to a pot, pierce a small...
    Then you will never be without them ever again. Think you get six in a pack, they look like jelly in a pot with foil tops usually. Just take your cuttings, normally 3 or 4 to a pot, pierce a small hole in foil top and slide them in, Gel has all the hormone wotsits that do the root growing and...
    Then you will never be without them ever again. Think you get six in a pack, they look like jelly in a pot with foil tops usually. Just take your cuttings, normally 3 or 4 to a pot, pierce a small hole in foil top and slide them in, Gel has all...
    Then you will never be without them ever again. Think you get six in a pack, they look like jelly in a pot with foil tops usually. Just take your cuttings, normally 3 or 4 to a pot, pierce a small...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. chan

ca

what an amazing pic miraflores- the pink veins in that are amazing, what kind is it?I have lost the sink now - i had to move and had no room for it... but I have bought a cobra lily which is...
    what an amazing pic miraflores- the pink veins in that are amazing, what kind is it?I have lost the sink now - i had to move and had no room for it... but I have bought a cobra lily which is pretty special and a droserra capensis which is nearly dead....
    what an amazing pic miraflores- the pink veins in that are amazing, what kind is it?I have lost the sink now - i had to move and had no room for it... but I have bought a cobra lily which is pretty special and a droserra capensis which is...
    what an amazing pic miraflores- the pink veins in that are amazing, what kind is it?I have lost the sink now - i had to move and had no room for it... but I have bought a cobra lily which is...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. SteveW

FERNS

You do need to push a perforated piece of plastic piping down the centre and keep it filled with water, but that is no different to pouring water in the top of a tree fern all summer, now is it?
    You do need to push a perforated piece of plastic piping down the centre and keep it filled with water, but that is no different to pouring water in the top of a tree fern all summer, now is it?
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Honey Bee

which seeds??

Gardeners Delight is a cherry tom, I've grwn several types now but always come back to GD they are the best for flavour & crop well toHelen
    Gardeners Delight is a cherry tom, I've grwn several types now but always come back to GD they are the best for flavour & crop well toHelen
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. PeterS
    Like x 4

Ranking perennials

Good afternoon LongK and Peter cracking Thread my friends thank you:ThankYou::)
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. mel_deb

passion flower

Hi all, Nothing to do with pruning or growing of, but a story. I had a Passion Flower growing up and over a garden shed, it died, or so I thought,it reappeared the other, more sheltered, side of...
    Hi all, Nothing to do with pruning or growing of, but a story. I had a Passion Flower growing up and over a garden shed, it died, or so I thought,it reappeared the other, more sheltered, side of the shed and has lived there happily for many years. The shed is on a concrete base with a homemade...
    Hi all, Nothing to do with pruning or growing of, but a story. I had a Passion Flower growing up and over a garden shed, it died, or so I thought,it reappeared the other, more sheltered, side of the shed and has lived there happily for many...
    Hi all, Nothing to do with pruning or growing of, but a story. I had a Passion Flower growing up and over a garden shed, it died, or so I thought,it reappeared the other, more sheltered, side of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. dannytrose

Advice Gratefully Received

Is a 1sqm bed big enough for spuds? I think my one bag of seed pots take about three times that space.
    Is a 1sqm bed big enough for spuds? I think my one bag of seed pots take about three times that space.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Gardening Newbie

Sowing Sweet Peas

its from the accidental gardeners almanac by michael powell, brilliant book!
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. cactusjack

Easy But Beautiful

hi - just joined and saw your post.As already advised wait a few weeks before trying any seed sowing you will benfit. Trust me, I grow thousands of plants in spring every year and I sometimes try...
    hi - just joined and saw your post.As already advised wait a few weeks before trying any seed sowing you will benfit. Trust me, I grow thousands of plants in spring every year and I sometimes try to sow early to my cost. Yes we all have itchy fingers this time of year but be patient. If you are...
    hi - just joined and saw your post.As already advised wait a few weeks before trying any seed sowing you will benfit. Trust me, I grow thousands of plants in spring every year and I sometimes try to sow early to my cost. Yes we all have itchy...
    hi - just joined and saw your post.As already advised wait a few weeks before trying any seed sowing you will benfit. Trust me, I grow thousands of plants in spring every year and I sometimes try...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. JoJo

Yellow Surfinias

Thanks for that tip, I'll give it a try this year.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. petal

Plant Catalogue on DVD

Has anyone else received a DVD with their Thompson and Morgan catalogue? I watched it earlier and it was quite enjoyable and informative for novice gardeners who like colourful bedding plants. ...
    Has anyone else received a DVD with their Thompson and Morgan catalogue? I watched it earlier and it was quite enjoyable and informative for novice gardeners who like colourful bedding plants. They also featured the begonia carpet in the Abbey Gardens in Bury St Edmunds which raised �£21,000...
    Has anyone else received a DVD with their Thompson and Morgan catalogue? I watched it earlier and it was quite enjoyable and informative for novice gardeners who like colourful bedding plants. They also featured the begonia carpet in the Abbey...
    Has anyone else received a DVD with their Thompson and Morgan catalogue? I watched it earlier and it was quite enjoyable and informative for novice gardeners who like colourful bedding plants. ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Bayleaf

GARDEN DESIGN SURVEY-STUDENT NEEDS HELP!

1=b 2=b 3=a 4=a 5=b 6=b 7 organic means using no synthetic sprays or fertilizers 8=c 10=b 11=a 12=no 13=b 15= if i cant physically do anything then i let my husband help me. 16=a 17=e 18=less...
    1=b 2=b 3=a 4=a 5=b 6=b 7 organic means using no synthetic sprays or fertilizers 8=c 10=b 11=a 12=no 13=b 15= if i cant physically do anything then i let my husband help me. 16=a 17=e 18=less chemicals, increased wildlife, more plants that need little or no watering, using plants to suit...
    1=b 2=b 3=a 4=a 5=b 6=b 7 organic means using no synthetic sprays or fertilizers 8=c 10=b 11=a 12=no 13=b 15= if i cant physically do anything then i let my husband help me. 16=a 17=e 18=less chemicals, increased wildlife, more plants that need...
    1=b 2=b 3=a 4=a 5=b 6=b 7 organic means using no synthetic sprays or fertilizers 8=c 10=b 11=a 12=no 13=b 15= if i cant physically do anything then i let my husband help me. 16=a 17=e 18=less...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Liz

Any begonia experts?

Sorry to hear you lost your Begonias Liz, I don�t think you will be on your own though. This winter has been particularly cold and damp in fact it�s the coldest here for years. My...
    Sorry to hear you lost your Begonias Liz, I don�t think you will be on your own though. This winter has been particularly cold and damp in fact it�s the coldest here for years. My unheated greenhouse with overwintering plants is given a wide berth. I shall take the above advice and...
    Sorry to hear you lost your Begonias Liz, I don�t think you will be on your own though. This winter has been particularly cold and damp in fact it�s the coldest here for years. My unheated greenhouse with overwintering plants is...
    Sorry to hear you lost your Begonias Liz, I don�t think you will be on your own though. This winter has been particularly cold and damp in fact it�s the coldest here for years. My...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Liz

What happened?

thanks pete2255.
    thanks pete2255.
    thanks pete2255.
    thanks pete2255.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Liz

Goldfishes survive!

HiI have keept fish in a pond for years, when the tem drops the fish will go into a sort of suspended animation so try not to disturb them to much. As a genaral rule they wont need food if the...
    HiI have keept fish in a pond for years, when the tem drops the fish will go into a sort of suspended animation so try not to disturb them to much. As a genaral rule they wont need food if the water temp is delow 10 degrees. If you do get ice on the top for a long perion stand a hot pan on...
    HiI have keept fish in a pond for years, when the tem drops the fish will go into a sort of suspended animation so try not to disturb them to much. As a genaral rule they wont need food if the water temp is delow 10 degrees. If you do get...
    HiI have keept fish in a pond for years, when the tem drops the fish will go into a sort of suspended animation so try not to disturb them to much. As a genaral rule they wont need food if the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Madrat

recomandations please

Firstly Madrat, I did not "slag off your gardening abilaty" as you put it, I merely pointed out that your avitar did not say much about your gardening, ie it is not plant or gardening,...
    Firstly Madrat, I did not "slag off your gardening abilaty" as you put it, I merely pointed out that your avitar did not say much about your gardening, ie it is not plant or gardening, orientated. I also pointed out that if you have a political point to make, then start a new thread in the "Non...
    Firstly Madrat, I did not "slag off your gardening abilaty" as you put it, I merely pointed out that your avitar did not say much about your gardening, ie it is not plant or gardening, orientated. I also pointed out that if you have a political...
    Firstly Madrat, I did not "slag off your gardening abilaty" as you put it, I merely pointed out that your avitar did not say much about your gardening, ie it is not plant or gardening,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. petal

Front Gardens

Besides designing the borders of your front garden to green up the front, either with containers or a border including perhaps a small tree or two at the front edge - why not try a border between...
    Besides designing the borders of your front garden to green up the front, either with containers or a border including perhaps a small tree or two at the front edge - why not try a border between where the wheels go with low growing spreading thymes and such - like the alpine bed in this months...
    Besides designing the borders of your front garden to green up the front, either with containers or a border including perhaps a small tree or two at the front edge - why not try a border between where the wheels go with low growing spreading...
    Besides designing the borders of your front garden to green up the front, either with containers or a border including perhaps a small tree or two at the front edge - why not try a border between...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. anette

stipa

I think what we are after here is the difference between the species, and the variety. Although I cant help any, as I know virtually nothing about grasses :rolleyes:
    I think what we are after here is the difference between the species, and the variety. Although I cant help any, as I know virtually nothing about grasses :rolleyes:
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Julekha

Hedging - winter

I have quite a long privet hedge, and when I planted it many years ago, I used a little compost 'in' with the existing soil and I have not directly fed it since, and it grows really well. Happy...
    I have quite a long privet hedge, and when I planted it many years ago, I used a little compost 'in' with the existing soil and I have not directly fed it since, and it grows really well. Happy New Year.
    I have quite a long privet hedge, and when I planted it many years ago, I used a little compost 'in' with the existing soil and I have not directly fed it since, and it grows really well. Happy New Year.
    I have quite a long privet hedge, and when I planted it many years ago, I used a little compost 'in' with the existing soil and I have not directly fed it since, and it grows really well. Happy...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice