1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↑
  1. Craig1987

Outdoor kitchens

Thanks Lori. :dbgrtmb: I think the sun oven is a great idea but it would have little use here.
    Thanks Lori. :dbgrtmb: I think the sun oven is a great idea but it would have little use here.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. chalkie

Plant identity

Thankyou. I am in Kent (Dover). I put half of the plants outside in a plastic greenhouse yesterday and kept half on the windowsill. It was quite a hard frost last night, thankfully they look like...
    Thankyou. I am in Kent (Dover). I put half of the plants outside in a plastic greenhouse yesterday and kept half on the windowsill. It was quite a hard frost last night, thankfully they look like they have survived.
    Thankyou. I am in Kent (Dover). I put half of the plants outside in a plastic greenhouse yesterday and kept half on the windowsill. It was quite a hard frost last night, thankfully they look like they have survived.
    Thankyou. I am in Kent (Dover). I put half of the plants outside in a plastic greenhouse yesterday and kept half on the windowsill. It was quite a hard frost last night, thankfully they look like...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Purple Streaks

Auricula

Some lovely colours @Palustris !
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Dorset Deb

Greenhouse louvre opener

Hi,Oops. sorry, mis-interpreted your question.This is very similar to the type we retrofitted to ours. Auto Louvre OpenerWould think you have enough room to attach it to the frame, just two...
    Hi,Oops. sorry, mis-interpreted your question.This is very similar to the type we retrofitted to ours. Auto Louvre OpenerWould think you have enough room to attach it to the frame, just two self tapping screws and then to disconnect the louvers handle and match up the tie bar to the opener.
    Hi,Oops. sorry, mis-interpreted your question.This is very similar to the type we retrofitted to ours. Auto Louvre OpenerWould think you have enough room to attach it to the frame, just two self tapping screws and then to disconnect the...
    Hi,Oops. sorry, mis-interpreted your question.This is very similar to the type we retrofitted to ours. Auto Louvre OpenerWould think you have enough room to attach it to the frame, just two...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. amanita

sad death of a judas tree

Are you prepared to go for C. Canadensis or siliquastrum which is, I believe, the true "Judas tree".
    Are you prepared to go for C. Canadensis or siliquastrum which is, I believe, the true "Judas tree".
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Loofah

Hose / tap connectors

My hose reels are attached to the summerhouse which is about 15 years old. They've been on there for all that time and so have the connectors.The green reel is the 50m and runs off to the side...
    My hose reels are attached to the summerhouse which is about 15 years old. They've been on there for all that time and so have the connectors.The green reel is the 50m and runs off to the side and round the corner to the main lawn and the front garden (with another portable reel to attach to...
    My hose reels are attached to the summerhouse which is about 15 years old. They've been on there for all that time and so have the connectors.The green reel is the 50m and runs off to the side and round the corner to the main lawn and the...
    My hose reels are attached to the summerhouse which is about 15 years old. They've been on there for all that time and so have the connectors.The green reel is the 50m and runs off to the side...
    upload_2021-4-14_22-47-55.jpeg 20210415_153055.jpg 51IufWIc9oL._AC_SX425_.jpg P1510269.JPG P1510270.JPG P1510271.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. tkup

Help with a dried up looking plant - can it be saved??

No it’s actually planted in the ground and from the look and size of the trunk has been around for many years ...
    No it’s actually planted in the ground and from the look and size of the trunk has been around for many years ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Lee Hughes

Black ends

Ah ok thanks Pete will do.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Purple Streaks

Hedychium

Which one is it? I'd grow in a pot for the first year at least. Plant horizontally just below the surface. Put it somewhere warm.
    Which one is it? I'd grow in a pot for the first year at least. Plant horizontally just below the surface. Put it somewhere warm.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. clanless

Pelargoniums

Thanks for the replies everyone :dbgrtmb:.I planted them up this morning in some terracotta pots - so that I can bring them indoors over Winter.For some reason I tend to think that Pelargoniums are...
    Thanks for the replies everyone :dbgrtmb:.I planted them up this morning in some terracotta pots - so that I can bring them indoors over Winter.For some reason I tend to think that Pelargoniums are best grown in terracotta pots - perhaps it was because I saw a nice display of them at the Eden Project...
    Thanks for the replies everyone :dbgrtmb:.I planted them up this morning in some terracotta pots - so that I can bring them indoors over Winter.For some reason I tend to think that Pelargoniums are best grown in terracotta pots - perhaps it was...
    Thanks for the replies everyone :dbgrtmb:.I planted them up this morning in some terracotta pots - so that I can bring them indoors over Winter.For some reason I tend to think that Pelargoniums are...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Spuddy_1958

Nursery sent chitted Begonia corm

Thank you for your congratulations and for the advice on the begonia.I'm just a little obsessed about avoiding under or over watering it and making sure it has the correct environment.I'm not...
    Thank you for your congratulations and for the advice on the begonia.I'm just a little obsessed about avoiding under or over watering it and making sure it has the correct environment.I'm not worried about all the other things I'm in the process of growing, but this one is important !
    Thank you for your congratulations and for the advice on the begonia.I'm just a little obsessed about avoiding under or over watering it and making sure it has the correct environment.I'm not worried about all the other things I'm in the...
    Thank you for your congratulations and for the advice on the begonia.I'm just a little obsessed about avoiding under or over watering it and making sure it has the correct environment.I'm not...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. ARMANDII
    Like x 3

SOWING SEEDS - 2021

I'm very late with sowing this year (tomatoes are the only ones done on time). Gonna start today /tomorrow placing pots and trays in the gh. With Tiger (ginger kitty) :cat-kittyandsmiley: joining us last year, I...
    I'm very late with sowing this year (tomatoes are the only ones done on time). Gonna start today /tomorrow placing pots and trays in the gh. With Tiger (ginger kitty) :cat-kittyandsmiley: joining us last year, I can't use windowsills safely.
    I'm very late with sowing this year (tomatoes are the only ones done on time). Gonna start today /tomorrow placing pots and trays in the gh. With Tiger (ginger kitty) :cat-kittyandsmiley: joining us last year, I can't use windowsills safely.
    I'm very late with sowing this year (tomatoes are the only ones done on time). Gonna start today /tomorrow placing pots and trays in the gh. With Tiger (ginger kitty) :cat-kittyandsmiley: joining us last year, I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Spruce

Black-eyed Susan Thunbergia alata

I found they are quite delicate in terms of stems and needed help to attach to the spiral metal posts I had them on. This year the seeds seem to be a bit stubborn about germinating, despite a...
    I found they are quite delicate in terms of stems and needed help to attach to the spiral metal posts I had them on. This year the seeds seem to be a bit stubborn about germinating, despite a heated mat!
    I found they are quite delicate in terms of stems and needed help to attach to the spiral metal posts I had them on. This year the seeds seem to be a bit stubborn about germinating, despite a heated mat!
    I found they are quite delicate in terms of stems and needed help to attach to the spiral metal posts I had them on. This year the seeds seem to be a bit stubborn about germinating, despite a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Spruce

Heliotrope seeds

*news announcement* :hapydancsmil:4 seeds have sprouted :love30::spinning::spinning::spinning::spinning::wow:
    *news announcement* :hapydancsmil:4 seeds have sprouted :love30::spinning::spinning::spinning::spinning::wow:
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. ennnceee

Watering this Aloe...

If the withering leaves are the oldest ones in the bottom of the stem, that's normal. New growth will appear higher up and the lowermost leaves will slowly die away. They can be pulled off the...
    If the withering leaves are the oldest ones in the bottom of the stem, that's normal. New growth will appear higher up and the lowermost leaves will slowly die away. They can be pulled off the stem when they are very dead to neaten things up.If you want to renew the plant or pot in a bigger...
    If the withering leaves are the oldest ones in the bottom of the stem, that's normal. New growth will appear higher up and the lowermost leaves will slowly die away. They can be pulled off the stem when they are very dead to neaten things up....
    If the withering leaves are the oldest ones in the bottom of the stem, that's normal. New growth will appear higher up and the lowermost leaves will slowly die away. They can be pulled off the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Spruce

Lily Beetle 2021

Thanks for ruining my Ham sandwich Spruce.:catapult::biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Spruce

Peach Crimson Bonfire Question about peach leaf curl

My dwarf peach has been in garden soil for last 2 years. Despite diligently removing and burning curling leaves, and clearing up fragments on soil, it is still riddled with it. I am thinking of...
    My dwarf peach has been in garden soil for last 2 years. Despite diligently removing and burning curling leaves, and clearing up fragments on soil, it is still riddled with it. I am thinking of grubbing it out and replacing with something less fragile... @Spruce Yours looks much healthier!
    My dwarf peach has been in garden soil for last 2 years. Despite diligently removing and burning curling leaves, and clearing up fragments on soil, it is still riddled with it. I am thinking of grubbing it out and replacing with something less...
    My dwarf peach has been in garden soil for last 2 years. Despite diligently removing and burning curling leaves, and clearing up fragments on soil, it is still riddled with it. I am thinking of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. NigelJ
    Like x 12

WHAT'S LOOKING GOOD IN April 21

May Thread Here:-WHAT'S LOOKING GOOD IN May 21
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Dave_79

Hose Reel - Wall Mounted Vs Wheeled Cart

I've just pulled this from a thread from last month. This green one looks as though it may be suitable for you. It has a triangular plate on the back that slots onto a similar one. Brushing...
    I've just pulled this from a thread from last month. This green one looks as though it may be suitable for you. It has a triangular plate on the back that slots onto a similar one. Brushing past it won't move it. :dbgrtmb:
    I've just pulled this from a thread from last month. This green one looks as though it may be suitable for you. It has a triangular plate on the back that slots onto a similar one. Brushing past it won't move it. :dbgrtmb:
    I've just pulled this from a thread from last month. This green one looks as though it may be suitable for you. It has a triangular plate on the back that slots onto a similar one. Brushing...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. mazambo

Reshaping an acer

Logically, if you cut the flow of sap just above a node, that stimulates the plant to produce hormones which cause a bud to form and break below the cut. :ideaIPB: I've got to tackle an elderly Acer p.d....
    Logically, if you cut the flow of sap just above a node, that stimulates the plant to produce hormones which cause a bud to form and break below the cut. :ideaIPB: I've got to tackle an elderly Acer p.d. ornatum which is spreading outwards at the expense of the leaves on top. But that's going to have to...
    Logically, if you cut the flow of sap just above a node, that stimulates the plant to produce hormones which cause a bud to form and break below the cut. :ideaIPB: I've got to tackle an elderly Acer p.d. ornatum which is spreading outwards at the expense...
    Logically, if you cut the flow of sap just above a node, that stimulates the plant to produce hormones which cause a bud to form and break below the cut. :ideaIPB: I've got to tackle an elderly Acer p.d....
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice