1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title ↓
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. miraflores

aloe vera

I have aloe vera seeds and would like to grown them insdie and our if poss. Do I need anything in particular to grow from seed.
    I have aloe vera seeds and would like to grown them insdie and our if poss. Do I need anything in particular to grow from seed.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. sandy

aloe vera

beci, be brave and cut the top off, use it as a cutting, the stump will probably sprout a few little ones, which you can grow on or cut off and make more cuttings. pete.
    beci, be brave and cut the top off, use it as a cutting, the stump will probably sprout a few little ones, which you can grow on or cut off and make more cuttings. pete.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. rebecca

aloe vera

Think Liz might be right,its been too wet or too cold or even both. :(
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. persephony

aloe vera

Thanks Lady of Leisure, it sure did answer my questions. Cheers
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Banana Man

Aloe striata

Well done BM, nice to know its doing well
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Dillydo

Aloe

Thanks Pete, I'll "Google" it and have a look
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. daz and debs

Alocssia Macrorrhizos

Would these rhyzome be a good size plant?Or is this a daft thing to ask lol.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. pamsdish

Alocasia Ruby

It sound like too much work , I`ll stick with mine :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Victoria

Alocasia Polly

The thingies are flowers I think, we had some on the alocasias in the garden centre and I asked what they were, I was told flowers.
    The thingies are flowers I think, we had some on the alocasias in the garden centre and I asked what they were, I was told flowers.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. wilroda

Alocasia calidora advice pls

Thanks Wilroda, the dog is there to give some idea of scale, I normally use my left foot but in this case the dog was already there.:D
    Thanks Wilroda, the dog is there to give some idea of scale, I normally use my left foot but in this case the dog was already there.:D
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. joolz68

Alocasia and colocasia... differance ?

Hi @minki , I potted mine in compost when the green eyes were getting swollen. Then place them just sticking out of the compost.
    Hi @minki , I potted mine in compost when the green eyes were getting swollen. Then place them just sticking out of the compost.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Hartley Botanic

alocasia advincula / "batwing" plant...

I had to google it just to make sure its not what's commonly known as the bat plant, (tacca).Not heard of it up till now, it looks interesting but I'm betting its not easy to keep. I'm a bit new...
    I had to google it just to make sure its not what's commonly known as the bat plant, (tacca).Not heard of it up till now, it looks interesting but I'm betting its not easy to keep. I'm a bit new to Alocasias myself, so cant help much.
    I had to google it just to make sure its not what's commonly known as the bat plant, (tacca).Not heard of it up till now, it looks interesting but I'm betting its not easy to keep. I'm a bit new to Alocasias myself, so cant help much.
    I had to google it just to make sure its not what's commonly known as the bat plant, (tacca).Not heard of it up till now, it looks interesting but I'm betting its not easy to keep. I'm a bit new...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. daz and debs

Alocasia

Thanks honey.Please exuse me im new to gardening.When you say dry frost free place do you mean somthing like a garden shed-garage?.Iv seen some of these on ebay there very expensive arnt thay so...
    Thanks honey.Please exuse me im new to gardening.When you say dry frost free place do you mean somthing like a garden shed-garage?.Iv seen some of these on ebay there very expensive arnt thay so ill have to wait till next year before i get one i think. Ilike the big leaf plants its my first year...
    Thanks honey.Please exuse me im new to gardening.When you say dry frost free place do you mean somthing like a garden shed-garage?.Iv seen some of these on ebay there very expensive arnt thay so ill have to wait till next year before i get one i...
    Thanks honey.Please exuse me im new to gardening.When you say dry frost free place do you mean somthing like a garden shed-garage?.Iv seen some of these on ebay there very expensive arnt thay so...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. chilli50

alocasia

I have only grown Alocasias under glass so I have no expreience of growing them outside and personally I wouldn't try to. I had never heard of Poly untill your post but looking at pics of it it...
    I have only grown Alocasias under glass so I have no expreience of growing them outside and personally I wouldn't try to. I had never heard of Poly untill your post but looking at pics of it it appears to a hybrid of Amazonica/Sanderiana or similar.I have not grown them for many years so I am...
    I have only grown Alocasias under glass so I have no expreience of growing them outside and personally I wouldn't try to. I had never heard of Poly untill your post but looking at pics of it it appears to a hybrid of Amazonica/Sanderiana or...
    I have only grown Alocasias under glass so I have no expreience of growing them outside and personally I wouldn't try to. I had never heard of Poly untill your post but looking at pics of it it...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. DAG

Aloa Vera

ALOE VARIEGATA
    ALOE VARIEGATA
    ALOE VARIEGATA
    ALOE VARIEGATA
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Honey Bee

Almonds

Amazing and interesting what you can find in rubbish, Liz.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Doghouse Riley

Allotments

Where we live we are the only people to grow veg and we live in the countryside, we do see lots of shop.com deliveries :mute: daily
    Where we live we are the only people to grow veg and we live in the countryside, we do see lots of shop.com deliveries :mute: daily
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Steve R

Allotment Plot size preference.

Good, I could not find any either before I posted this..Steve...:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. longk
    Like x 5

Alliums - the great survivors!

I had a few hundred (ish) this year where the seed dropped last year. This was just my back up in case they didn't germinate in situ. I might dig a couple up and see if they're any larger.It...
    I had a few hundred (ish) this year where the seed dropped last year. This was just my back up in case they didn't germinate in situ. I might dig a couple up and see if they're any larger.It gradually diminished here too and did not set seed either.
    I had a few hundred (ish) this year where the seed dropped last year. This was just my back up in case they didn't germinate in situ. I might dig a couple up and see if they're any larger.It gradually diminished here too and did not set seed...
    I had a few hundred (ish) this year where the seed dropped last year. This was just my back up in case they didn't germinate in situ. I might dig a couple up and see if they're any larger.It...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. bexhillgardener

Alliums - ok to plant in May?

Alliums-ok to plant in May?Grateful thanks to PeterS and ARMANDII for their advice. I shall plant them tomorrow and look forward to them flowering whether this year or next.
    Alliums-ok to plant in May?Grateful thanks to PeterS and ARMANDII for their advice. I shall plant them tomorrow and look forward to them flowering whether this year or next.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice