General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views ↓
Last Message
  1. endeavour

can someone help

I am not too far just up the road in Angus .My others grasses in pots out all winter unfleeced and ok last year.But I dont have this beautie yes for added protecion in your greenhouse...
    I am not too far just up the road in Angus .My others grasses in pots out all winter unfleeced and ok last year.But I dont have this beautie yes for added protecion in your greenhouse sure this would be fine.I even put my 2 best terracota pots of lavendar cold greenhouse with fleece...
    I am not too far just up the road in Angus .My others grasses in pots out all winter unfleeced and ok last year.But I dont have this beautie yes for added protecion in your greenhouse sure this would be fine.I even put my 2 best...
    I am not too far just up the road in Angus .My others grasses in pots out all winter unfleeced and ok last year.But I dont have this beautie yes for added protecion in your greenhouse...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. 5lbcod

weedkiller

welcome 5lbcod. Go to your local garden centre and get a box of Evergreen weed and Feed. Use as directed and your problem should soon be solved. After a few weeks reseed any bald patches. David.
    welcome 5lbcod. Go to your local garden centre and get a box of Evergreen weed and Feed. Use as directed and your problem should soon be solved. After a few weeks reseed any bald patches. David.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. KWard18

What would you do with this...?

Hello Mate, there's plenty of beautiful gardens on here to give you inspiration and sometimes it doesn't cost a lot and you can get some good bargains on ebay etc :)
    Hello Mate, there's plenty of beautiful gardens on here to give you inspiration and sometimes it doesn't cost a lot and you can get some good bargains on ebay etc :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Paladin

Early/Late Spring?

Pal,the weather is certainly going mad this year because I have cowslips in flower.Never have I known them to be in flower in August :eek: :rolleyes:
    Pal,the weather is certainly going mad this year because I have cowslips in flower.Never have I known them to be in flower in August :eek: :rolleyes:
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. kindredspirit

DMX lighting.

I've installed outside sockets in my garden now and would like to have the option of turning on subdued lighting occasionally. I was thinking of LED floodlights (very low power consumption)...
    I've installed outside sockets in my garden now and would like to have the option of turning on subdued lighting occasionally. I was thinking of LED floodlights (very low power consumption) washing over the garden and slowly changing their colours. Has anyone any experience of a DMX...
    I've installed outside sockets in my garden now and would like to have the option of turning on subdued lighting occasionally. I was thinking of LED floodlights (very low power consumption) washing over the garden and slowly changing their...
    I've installed outside sockets in my garden now and would like to have the option of turning on subdued lighting occasionally. I was thinking of LED floodlights (very low power consumption)...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. elainefiz

Is this delphinium?

I almost missed it.When i took out all of last yrs bulbs for the grass i had forgotten about this in one corner as it didn`t show through until after everything else was out and in buckets.I know...
    I almost missed it.When i took out all of last yrs bulbs for the grass i had forgotten about this in one corner as it didn`t show through until after everything else was out and in buckets.I know there was an apple blossom underneath it but i don`t know if that comes back.
    I almost missed it.When i took out all of last yrs bulbs for the grass i had forgotten about this in one corner as it didn`t show through until after everything else was out and in buckets.I know there was an apple blossom underneath it but i...
    I almost missed it.When i took out all of last yrs bulbs for the grass i had forgotten about this in one corner as it didn`t show through until after everything else was out and in buckets.I know...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. accidentalgardener

Its a flower!

Kryssy,Mine pales by comparrison but as soon as son shows me how to post pics i will send them in.:D
    Kryssy,Mine pales by comparrison but as soon as son shows me how to post pics i will send them in.:D
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. fireside

photo

HA CHEERS !!
    HA CHEERS !!
    HA CHEERS !!
    HA CHEERS !!
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. chobart

Honeysuckle

Have you got a very small car, Chobart? 20 journeys?? Even a 12 foot x 6 ft very bushy clematis wouldn't need that many trips in my corsa!! :rolleyes: :DWe back on to the railway too -...
    Have you got a very small car, Chobart? 20 journeys?? Even a 12 foot x 6 ft very bushy clematis wouldn't need that many trips in my corsa!! :rolleyes: :DWe back on to the railway too - near Polmont - agreed - not so warm - let's all move to Portugal! :D , then we can see those...
    Have you got a very small car, Chobart? 20 journeys?? Even a 12 foot x 6 ft very bushy clematis wouldn't need that many trips in my corsa!! :rolleyes: :DWe back on to the railway too - near Polmont - agreed - not so warm - let's all...
    Have you got a very small car, Chobart? 20 journeys?? Even a 12 foot x 6 ft very bushy clematis wouldn't need that many trips in my corsa!! :rolleyes: :DWe back on to the railway too -...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Chris Allen

What is this weed?

There's probably a mature Ash tree in a neighbour's garden. Allthough not in leaf at the moment they are currently producing tufts of reddish flowers at the moment which will readyly distinguish...
    There's probably a mature Ash tree in a neighbour's garden. Allthough not in leaf at the moment they are currently producing tufts of reddish flowers at the moment which will readyly distinguish them from Sycamores.Unless you hunt them down, Ash seedlings hide amongst/behind other plants until...
    There's probably a mature Ash tree in a neighbour's garden. Allthough not in leaf at the moment they are currently producing tufts of reddish flowers at the moment which will readyly distinguish them from Sycamores.Unless you hunt them down,...
    There's probably a mature Ash tree in a neighbour's garden. Allthough not in leaf at the moment they are currently producing tufts of reddish flowers at the moment which will readyly distinguish...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Jiffy

Hazel Hedge

Thank you Loofah I didn't want to but any because you don't know if they are imports now I will use the layering technique this should be ideal for the gaps, don't know why i didn't think of...
    Thank you Loofah I didn't want to but any because you don't know if they are imports now I will use the layering technique this should be ideal for the gaps, don't know why i didn't think of it in the first place :dbgrtmb:
    Thank you Loofah I didn't want to but any because you don't know if they are imports now I will use the layering technique this should be ideal for the gaps, don't know why i didn't think of it in the first place :dbgrtmb:
    Thank you Loofah I didn't want to but any because you don't know if they are imports now I will use the layering technique this should be ideal for the gaps, don't know why i didn't think of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. rustyroots

Seed collection.

Calendular is an easy one, just wait until the seeds start to look slightly brown and collect them before they drop naturally. You could cut the stems while still green and put them in a paper...
    Calendular is an easy one, just wait until the seeds start to look slightly brown and collect them before they drop naturally. You could cut the stems while still green and put them in a paper bag, but you need to be sure the seed is almost ripe before doing so. Yes the seed is the green bits...
    Calendular is an easy one, just wait until the seeds start to look slightly brown and collect them before they drop naturally. You could cut the stems while still green and put them in a paper bag, but you need to be sure the seed is almost ripe...
    Calendular is an easy one, just wait until the seeds start to look slightly brown and collect them before they drop naturally. You could cut the stems while still green and put them in a paper...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Banana Man

FAO Celia

You don't seem to have PM facility turned on so you have email from me :D :D :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Euge

New privet hedge

Thanks Kristen.
    Thanks Kristen.
    Thanks Kristen.
    Thanks Kristen.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. jay

Talking of Elder..

some of mrs grieves modern herbal book is outdated..allthough its an excellent book it should be used with caution..some usefull things for elder are.. flower heads fried in batter "elderflower...
    some of mrs grieves modern herbal book is outdated..allthough its an excellent book it should be used with caution..some usefull things for elder are.. flower heads fried in batter "elderflower fritters"..the flowers are also used to make cordial and summer drinks and champagne..if you want to...
    some of mrs grieves modern herbal book is outdated..allthough its an excellent book it should be used with caution..some usefull things for elder are.. flower heads fried in batter "elderflower fritters"..the flowers are also used to make cordial...
    some of mrs grieves modern herbal book is outdated..allthough its an excellent book it should be used with caution..some usefull things for elder are.. flower heads fried in batter "elderflower...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. robgil

hazel? where to buy it from?

Rob, there`s a place in Somerset but I can`t remember the name. Google "wattle fencing".:gnthb:
    Rob, there`s a place in Somerset but I can`t remember the name. Google "wattle fencing".:gnthb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Stingo

Plant named in bible

Whoops!!!I'm only saying what she said..I've planted it anyway and to me it looks like Tradescantia.Stingo :eek:
    Whoops!!!I'm only saying what she said..I've planted it anyway and to me it looks like Tradescantia.Stingo :eek:
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Charlie

Gardinia conditions

:D Ok Charlie, are you ready? here we go, they like a good compost, feed weekly during growing season,put them indirect light & keep moist not wet,never let it dry out or get waterlogged, they...
    :D Ok Charlie, are you ready? here we go, they like a good compost, feed weekly during growing season,put them indirect light & keep moist not wet,never let it dry out or get waterlogged, they like coffee grounds as they are acid, they like humidity,they like to be slightly pot bound, but if...
    :D Ok Charlie, are you ready? here we go, they like a good compost, feed weekly during growing season,put them indirect light & keep moist not wet,never let it dry out or get waterlogged, they like coffee grounds as they are acid, they like...
    :D Ok Charlie, are you ready? here we go, they like a good compost, feed weekly during growing season,put them indirect light & keep moist not wet,never let it dry out or get waterlogged, they...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. pete

Charcoal

Quite right @Redwing Then again, so does paper and cardboard but some people insist its safe to put on the compost! Some packaging material also have plastic and aluminium. The combination of oil,...
    Quite right @Redwing Then again, so does paper and cardboard but some people insist its safe to put on the compost! Some packaging material also have plastic and aluminium. The combination of oil, plastic and aluminium prohibits the use of recycled cardboard for use in the food industry!
    Quite right @Redwing Then again, so does paper and cardboard but some people insist its safe to put on the compost! Some packaging material also have plastic and aluminium. The combination of oil, plastic and aluminium prohibits the use of...
    Quite right @Redwing Then again, so does paper and cardboard but some people insist its safe to put on the compost! Some packaging material also have plastic and aluminium. The combination of oil,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Waco

Lean too stable conversion!

Thanks Gogs - looks like I will have to get the electric fence going.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice