1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. PeterS

Autumn Sowing

The way I grew cowslips (primula) was to plant them, place them in a plastic bag and put them in the fridge.They germinated and were a bit leggy after about 5 weeks when I remembered them. I...
    The way I grew cowslips (primula) was to plant them, place them in a plastic bag and put them in the fridge.They germinated and were a bit leggy after about 5 weeks when I remembered them. I then removed them and planted them up individually in pots, planting them out in spring. They have...
    The way I grew cowslips (primula) was to plant them, place them in a plastic bag and put them in the fridge.They germinated and were a bit leggy after about 5 weeks when I remembered them. I then removed them and planted them up individually...
    The way I grew cowslips (primula) was to plant them, place them in a plastic bag and put them in the fridge.They germinated and were a bit leggy after about 5 weeks when I remembered them. I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. petal

Chelsea Flower Show

TicketSDoes that mean you can take someone with you? :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. petal

Hyacinths

Thanks Pete - they won't flower for Christmas but it's something to look forward to afterwards. They are not in the warm most of the time because our central heating is programmed for early...
    Thanks Pete - they won't flower for Christmas but it's something to look forward to afterwards. They are not in the warm most of the time because our central heating is programmed for early morning and evenings. I'll wait until I have flowers before posting a picture.
    Thanks Pete - they won't flower for Christmas but it's something to look forward to afterwards. They are not in the warm most of the time because our central heating is programmed for early morning and evenings. I'll wait until I have flowers...
    Thanks Pete - they won't flower for Christmas but it's something to look forward to afterwards. They are not in the warm most of the time because our central heating is programmed for early...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. chewy

japanese knotweed

Sorry the council could do no more than offer advise - but twas worth a go. You sure have got a big job on your hands - but massive satisfaction - when done. The best of luck with it
    Sorry the council could do no more than offer advise - but twas worth a go. You sure have got a big job on your hands - but massive satisfaction - when done. The best of luck with it
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Liz

Frosty disasters!

Same here liz put lizzies in green house went away came home no lizzies. I think the cold snap was the worse for a good many years.
    Same here liz put lizzies in green house went away came home no lizzies. I think the cold snap was the worse for a good many years.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Liz

More plants ...

Thanks everyone. Palustris, that site is great, I hadn't found it!
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. ron

jeyes

I aggree with Liz, It is the only thing I use [being mostly organic] to clean out trays, pots, greenhouse, socks and so on. It can be nasty if splashed onto skin. I have one small grandson and I...
    I aggree with Liz, It is the only thing I use [being mostly organic] to clean out trays, pots, greenhouse, socks and so on. It can be nasty if splashed onto skin. I have one small grandson and I keep it well away from him. High shelf of coarse. So long a you don't have a health and saftey...
    I aggree with Liz, It is the only thing I use [being mostly organic] to clean out trays, pots, greenhouse, socks and so on. It can be nasty if splashed onto skin. I have one small grandson and I keep it well away from him. High shelf of coarse....
    I aggree with Liz, It is the only thing I use [being mostly organic] to clean out trays, pots, greenhouse, socks and so on. It can be nasty if splashed onto skin. I have one small grandson and I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. jo234

what does grade of plant

Chobart,Add a new thread to the 'Wants' category, and what you have to exchange. Hopefully we can build a list for swaps. ;)Nathan.
    Chobart,Add a new thread to the 'Wants' category, and what you have to exchange. Hopefully we can build a list for swaps. ;)Nathan.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Liz

Winter flowers and fragrance

Osmanthus is the best scented plant for me in the winter - also have viburnum, Daphne and Mahonia and others. My wife will be out with the scissors when the Osmanthus flowers but not for...
    Osmanthus is the best scented plant for me in the winter - also have viburnum, Daphne and Mahonia and others. My wife will be out with the scissors when the Osmanthus flowers but not for others.Chobart
    Osmanthus is the best scented plant for me in the winter - also have viburnum, Daphne and Mahonia and others. My wife will be out with the scissors when the Osmanthus flowers but not for others.Chobart
    Osmanthus is the best scented plant for me in the winter - also have viburnum, Daphne and Mahonia and others. My wife will be out with the scissors when the Osmanthus flowers but not for...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Rich

Boug, Brug, Guz etc. today

I bought the bougainvillea this year in France, it has grown and flowered well.I had a choice to put it in the conservatory or unheated, but bubblewrapped greenhouse and chose the...
    I bought the bougainvillea this year in France, it has grown and flowered well.I had a choice to put it in the conservatory or unheated, but bubblewrapped greenhouse and chose the conservatory.In the greenhouse I would expect it to lose its leaves and go to sleep for the winter...I think.
    I bought the bougainvillea this year in France, it has grown and flowered well.I had a choice to put it in the conservatory or unheated, but bubblewrapped greenhouse and chose the conservatory.In the greenhouse I would expect it to lose its...
    I bought the bougainvillea this year in France, it has grown and flowered well.I had a choice to put it in the conservatory or unheated, but bubblewrapped greenhouse and chose the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Daisies

hyacinths for Christmas

Thanks for the tip - I'll try again next year.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. aqua

hydrangea

One book I've got recommends leaving the dead flower heads to protect the substance of the shrub against the worst of winter.
    One book I've got recommends leaving the dead flower heads to protect the substance of the shrub against the worst of winter.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Mrs T

Buds not opening

If the bulbs don't progress don't worry - they'll drop off and new ones will come next year.
    If the bulbs don't progress don't worry - they'll drop off and new ones will come next year.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. catinwaiting

Newbie needs advice on planting pyracantha and azalea

Thanks so much to Palustris, Fran and michaelmsdaisy for your help.Catinwaiting
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. hazymrk

Problems with Moss

Thanks guys Im off to the garden centre in the morning, if I dont get it under control soon i'll need a hover mowerkevin
    Thanks guys Im off to the garden centre in the morning, if I dont get it under control soon i'll need a hover mowerkevin
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Kitten

Beginners Book

Or if not someone else might find it useful...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Daisies

my first ever heron!!!

Naaa, next door's bought a new weather vane. ;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Lady Gardener

garden loppers

i got a bargain on ebay ... top Q wilkinson sword stuff for well... lets say �£30 for shears, loppers, spade , secateurs and hands shears...... about �£130 quids worth ... i hope there not...
    i got a bargain on ebay ... top Q wilkinson sword stuff for well... lets say �£30 for shears, loppers, spade , secateurs and hands shears...... about �£130 quids worth ... i hope there not stolen!
    i got a bargain on ebay ... top Q wilkinson sword stuff for well... lets say �£30 for shears, loppers, spade , secateurs and hands shears...... about �£130 quids worth ... i hope there not stolen!
    i got a bargain on ebay ... top Q wilkinson sword stuff for well... lets say �£30 for shears, loppers, spade , secateurs and hands shears...... about �£130 quids worth ... i hope there not...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. pete

Late Autumn

Have you seen the birch trees, when the sun shines. They are a bright yellow around here, and every leaf still in place.
    Have you seen the birch trees, when the sun shines. They are a bright yellow around here, and every leaf still in place.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Anthony

Could I get some answers to my newbie questions?

Thanks for the advise frogesque! You've put my mind at ease. :D
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice