General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. Webmaster

Anyone seen these ?

The only reason I looked on there is hat my partners mother has one, and she broke it. great mugs for garden use, especially as they have the lid/saucer.Nathan.
    The only reason I looked on there is hat my partners mother has one, and she broke it. great mugs for garden use, especially as they have the lid/saucer.Nathan.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. dalbuie

Allium bulbs

Thanks folks,I will now plant them in my tubs and probably put them in the greenhouse when it gets really cold, it tends to do that up here :D I am looking forward to seeing what I get. I will...
    Thanks folks,I will now plant them in my tubs and probably put them in the greenhouse when it gets really cold, it tends to do that up here :D I am looking forward to seeing what I get. I will tell you about them in the spring if they survive!
    Thanks folks,I will now plant them in my tubs and probably put them in the greenhouse when it gets really cold, it tends to do that up here :D I am looking forward to seeing what I get. I will tell you about them in the spring if they survive!
    Thanks folks,I will now plant them in my tubs and probably put them in the greenhouse when it gets really cold, it tends to do that up here :D I am looking forward to seeing what I get. I will...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Fran

Pruning Grapevine

Thanks guys, I knew I could rely on you. I hope the messager has seen the thread.
    Thanks guys, I knew I could rely on you. I hope the messager has seen the thread.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Julekha

Hedging - Ilex Meservea (Blue Prince)

may be lack of acidity
    may be lack of acidity
    may be lack of acidity
    may be lack of acidity
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. sawfish

weed supression

I agree with above digging is the only way and you may find it stubborn especially if it starts amongst established plants, like raspberries. I still have the odd shoot after 30 years.
    I agree with above digging is the only way and you may find it stubborn especially if it starts amongst established plants, like raspberries. I still have the odd shoot after 30 years.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. bubbly

what plants are good for offices?

I'm a bit late finding this thread but if you haven't already tried then I found fibrous rooted begonias, buisy lizzy, cyclamen and blackeyed Susan did fantastic on the windowsill and Saintpaulia...
    I'm a bit late finding this thread but if you haven't already tried then I found fibrous rooted begonias, buisy lizzy, cyclamen and blackeyed Susan did fantastic on the windowsill and Saintpaulia - "African Violet" and varigated ivy did fine in the less well lit areas of the office. Spider...
    I'm a bit late finding this thread but if you haven't already tried then I found fibrous rooted begonias, buisy lizzy, cyclamen and blackeyed Susan did fantastic on the windowsill and Saintpaulia - "African Violet" and varigated ivy did fine in...
    I'm a bit late finding this thread but if you haven't already tried then I found fibrous rooted begonias, buisy lizzy, cyclamen and blackeyed Susan did fantastic on the windowsill and Saintpaulia...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Tortuosa

'As green fingered as... a Martian with septicaemia' . Stephen Fry. [ 19. October 2005, 12:55 PM: Message edited by: Tortuosa ]
    'As green fingered as... a Martian with septicaemia' . Stephen Fry. [ 19. October 2005, 12:55 PM: Message edited by: Tortuosa ]
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. lillylover

wrong place to post

No problem, it happens sometimes ;) , I'll move it into here for you .Nathan.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Hannah

Spring Bulbs

I just looked at my prepared hyacinth bulbs which are in bowls in a dark cupboard and was pleased to see they are starting to shoot. A sure sign that Christmas is just around the corner. I must...
    I just looked at my prepared hyacinth bulbs which are in bowls in a dark cupboard and was pleased to see they are starting to shoot. A sure sign that Christmas is just around the corner. I must get to the shops...
    I just looked at my prepared hyacinth bulbs which are in bowls in a dark cupboard and was pleased to see they are starting to shoot. A sure sign that Christmas is just around the corner. I must get to the shops...
    I just looked at my prepared hyacinth bulbs which are in bowls in a dark cupboard and was pleased to see they are starting to shoot. A sure sign that Christmas is just around the corner. I must...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. sewer rat

Autumn flowering crocus

I've had this problem too. I bought some very pretty colchicum this year which I am delighted with, they flower really close to the ground and really do look like their name- Waterlily. They wre...
    I've had this problem too. I bought some very pretty colchicum this year which I am delighted with, they flower really close to the ground and really do look like their name- Waterlily. They wre more expensive than the singles but each bulb has produced at least 3 flowers, so they look excellent...
    I've had this problem too. I bought some very pretty colchicum this year which I am delighted with, they flower really close to the ground and really do look like their name- Waterlily. They wre more expensive than the singles but each bulb has...
    I've had this problem too. I bought some very pretty colchicum this year which I am delighted with, they flower really close to the ground and really do look like their name- Waterlily. They wre...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. jervis

New Passiflora grower

Sallyann, thanks for the reassuring message. The fourth-floor terrace certainly can't compete with a welsh mountain-top! I've just put some vermivulite over the top of the soil to help keep it...
    Sallyann, thanks for the reassuring message. The fourth-floor terrace certainly can't compete with a welsh mountain-top! I've just put some vermivulite over the top of the soil to help keep it warm and will leave it alone for now - it's still flowering away!
    Sallyann, thanks for the reassuring message. The fourth-floor terrace certainly can't compete with a welsh mountain-top! I've just put some vermivulite over the top of the soil to help keep it warm and will leave it alone for now - it's still...
    Sallyann, thanks for the reassuring message. The fourth-floor terrace certainly can't compete with a welsh mountain-top! I've just put some vermivulite over the top of the soil to help keep it...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. type2tattoo

Shade problems???

I would agree with Liz - if lavender is doing well, and nothing else, it is likely to be water problems as well feeding - so tis either change the conditions by irrigation plus organic matter or...
    I would agree with Liz - if lavender is doing well, and nothing else, it is likely to be water problems as well feeding - so tis either change the conditions by irrigation plus organic matter or grow the kind of plants that thrive in sunny dry conditions but add still add some feeding- and there...
    I would agree with Liz - if lavender is doing well, and nothing else, it is likely to be water problems as well feeding - so tis either change the conditions by irrigation plus organic matter or grow the kind of plants that thrive in sunny dry...
    I would agree with Liz - if lavender is doing well, and nothing else, it is likely to be water problems as well feeding - so tis either change the conditions by irrigation plus organic matter or...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Rich

Frilly pansies

They really are beautiful! I especially like the last one.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. hans

Slightly unusual

Many thanks both, I'm on clay also.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. angelad

cuttings

Your welcome - let us know how they do eh?
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. babyshambles1984

GROUND COVER PLANTS *HELP!!*

Thank you very much.Thats a great helpTim
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Smiler

What type of soil?

You're welcome Smiler - sorry for the late reply - I've only just checked in
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. robbo

winter bedding plants

To Rich's suggestion consider some of the early flowering bulbs and corns, whilst not bedding they will give some early colour. Iris reticulata flowers in february,then theres the snowdrops, and...
    To Rich's suggestion consider some of the early flowering bulbs and corns, whilst not bedding they will give some early colour. Iris reticulata flowers in february,then theres the snowdrops, and early flowering crocus - and winter aconite - and will die back soon enough to get the spring bedding...
    To Rich's suggestion consider some of the early flowering bulbs and corns, whilst not bedding they will give some early colour. Iris reticulata flowers in february,then theres the snowdrops, and early flowering crocus - and winter aconite - and...
    To Rich's suggestion consider some of the early flowering bulbs and corns, whilst not bedding they will give some early colour. Iris reticulata flowers in february,then theres the snowdrops, and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Fi

Pruning and cutting back

o sry. yes geraniums won t overwinter but are easy to keep in the house..... shake soil of roots, spray with bug gun and re pot, water minimum and take cuttings
    o sry. yes geraniums won t overwinter but are easy to keep in the house..... shake soil of roots, spray with bug gun and re pot, water minimum and take cuttings
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. greenfingers

spare seeds

I've a collection of seeds going spare. I'll e-mail you a list - but not this weekend - I'm working!!!
    I've a collection of seeds going spare. I'll e-mail you a list - but not this weekend - I'm working!!!
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice