1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Marley Farley

I think they got confused..!

Well, not sure if I am excited, but now they don't seem to have changed since I put the post up. To add to it we had quite a hard frost last night so shall watch them to see what happens. Will...
    Well, not sure if I am excited, but now they don't seem to have changed since I put the post up. To add to it we had quite a hard frost last night so shall watch them to see what happens. Will let you know if they flower in the near future. Thanks.
    Well, not sure if I am excited, but now they don't seem to have changed since I put the post up. To add to it we had quite a hard frost last night so shall watch them to see what happens. Will let you know if they flower in the near future....
    Well, not sure if I am excited, but now they don't seem to have changed since I put the post up. To add to it we had quite a hard frost last night so shall watch them to see what happens. Will...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Charlie

Lavender - Dead patch

Thanks Michaelmasdaisy - I've done what you suggested - lets hope it works OK
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. frogesque

November Garden Colour

Sorry for the delay in november piccies, problems with pc. As a reminder of summer gone, roses will flower right through til DecemberThen there's the fruitIris Foetidissima - a lover of...
    Sorry for the delay in november piccies, problems with pc. As a reminder of summer gone, roses will flower right through til DecemberThen there's the fruitIris Foetidissima - a lover of dry shade, and evergreen. Blessed with bright orange fruits which last for some time.The leaves...
    Sorry for the delay in november piccies, problems with pc. As a reminder of summer gone, roses will flower right through til DecemberThen there's the fruitIris Foetidissima - a lover of dry shade, and evergreen. Blessed with bright...
    Sorry for the delay in november piccies, problems with pc. As a reminder of summer gone, roses will flower right through til DecemberThen there's the fruitIris Foetidissima - a lover of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. ellengray

You know you're lost to your garden when ...

Mine too have always been and are in shade - not a problem they just need moisture and heat from the decomposition to be kept up. My Henry Doubleday wooden bin even had its own duvet when...
    Mine too have always been and are in shade - not a problem they just need moisture and heat from the decomposition to be kept up. My Henry Doubleday wooden bin even had its own duvet when delivered :D
    Mine too have always been and are in shade - not a problem they just need moisture and heat from the decomposition to be kept up. My Henry Doubleday wooden bin even had its own duvet when delivered :D
    Mine too have always been and are in shade - not a problem they just need moisture and heat from the decomposition to be kept up. My Henry Doubleday wooden bin even had its own duvet when...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. laura sadler

Brambles

Would just like to add Laura, that those weedkillers only really work when the plants are growing strongly, so its really a job for next spring summer now. Unless you want to dig out what you can...
    Would just like to add Laura, that those weedkillers only really work when the plants are growing strongly, so its really a job for next spring summer now. Unless you want to dig out what you can through the winter months.
    Would just like to add Laura, that those weedkillers only really work when the plants are growing strongly, so its really a job for next spring summer now. Unless you want to dig out what you can through the winter months.
    Would just like to add Laura, that those weedkillers only really work when the plants are growing strongly, so its really a job for next spring summer now. Unless you want to dig out what you can...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Rich

What a pain

What kind of plants did you order ???Have visions of 'happy' plants sitting in the 'nik' with lots of laughing policemen :DI do hope everything gets sorted out OK and your trees come to no...
    What kind of plants did you order ???Have visions of 'happy' plants sitting in the 'nik' with lots of laughing policemen :DI do hope everything gets sorted out OK and your trees come to no harm.
    What kind of plants did you order ???Have visions of 'happy' plants sitting in the 'nik' with lots of laughing policemen :DI do hope everything gets sorted out OK and your trees come to no harm.
    What kind of plants did you order ???Have visions of 'happy' plants sitting in the 'nik' with lots of laughing policemen :DI do hope everything gets sorted out OK and your trees come to no...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. greenfingers

spare seeds

I've a collection of seeds going spare. I'll e-mail you a list - but not this weekend - I'm working!!!
    I've a collection of seeds going spare. I'll e-mail you a list - but not this weekend - I'm working!!!
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. chan

career advice

A work-mate of mine recently set up as a one woman gardening service. She's in her fifties and had worked as a nurse and nurse manager for all her life!But things came to a point where she was...
    A work-mate of mine recently set up as a one woman gardening service. She's in her fifties and had worked as a nurse and nurse manager for all her life!But things came to a point where she was disillusioned by nursing (Agenda For Change was responsible for that!) so she quit and trawled...
    A work-mate of mine recently set up as a one woman gardening service. She's in her fifties and had worked as a nurse and nurse manager for all her life!But things came to a point where she was disillusioned by nursing (Agenda For Change was...
    A work-mate of mine recently set up as a one woman gardening service. She's in her fifties and had worked as a nurse and nurse manager for all her life!But things came to a point where she was...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Lorraine

poinsettia

Yes it's a bit late now, they need long nights (12 hrs +) from about the end of September, temperature in the 60s F. draught free. What a nightmare to grow! You've done well to keep it healthy...
    Yes it's a bit late now, they need long nights (12 hrs +) from about the end of September, temperature in the 60s F. draught free. What a nightmare to grow! You've done well to keep it healthy from last year. Buy a new one or better still, buy a Holly bush this year.
    Yes it's a bit late now, they need long nights (12 hrs +) from about the end of September, temperature in the 60s F. draught free. What a nightmare to grow! You've done well to keep it healthy from last year. Buy a new one or better still, buy a...
    Yes it's a bit late now, they need long nights (12 hrs +) from about the end of September, temperature in the 60s F. draught free. What a nightmare to grow! You've done well to keep it healthy...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. dt_student

automatic watering system

Steve Yes, there are a lot of them about :D La Marina is nearby. We are 50KM south of Alicante, and 5KM south of Torrevieja. Here is a map from Google Earth. The nearest beach is at La...
    Steve Yes, there are a lot of them about :D La Marina is nearby. We are 50KM south of Alicante, and 5KM south of Torrevieja. Here is a map from Google Earth. The nearest beach is at La Zenia.As you can see we are just into the rough :D :D
    Steve Yes, there are a lot of them about :D La Marina is nearby. We are 50KM south of Alicante, and 5KM south of Torrevieja. Here is a map from Google Earth. The nearest beach is at La Zenia.As you can see we are just into the rough ...
    Steve Yes, there are a lot of them about :D La Marina is nearby. We are 50KM south of Alicante, and 5KM south of Torrevieja. Here is a map from Google Earth. The nearest beach is at La...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Billily

Gaultheria

Hi Billily, As far as I know, they are self fertile, in other words, they will form berries without you doing anything. One thing I notice is your in Folkestone, is it a bit chalky down...
    Hi Billily, As far as I know, they are self fertile, in other words, they will form berries without you doing anything. One thing I notice is your in Folkestone, is it a bit chalky down there? Reason I ask is that Gaultheria is a lime hater, and it needs an acid soil.
    Hi Billily, As far as I know, they are self fertile, in other words, they will form berries without you doing anything. One thing I notice is your in Folkestone, is it a bit chalky down there? Reason I ask is that Gaultheria is a...
    Hi Billily, As far as I know, they are self fertile, in other words, they will form berries without you doing anything. One thing I notice is your in Folkestone, is it a bit chalky down...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. IckleWeed

Early Daffs?

They look a bit like daffs to me, but not big enough to flower. Looks like you've got them under cover which could explain them being a bit early.
    They look a bit like daffs to me, but not big enough to flower. Looks like you've got them under cover which could explain them being a bit early.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. ellengray

Peppermint Mulch - any comments?

Thanks Fran - no one has heard of peppermint mulch! LOL I think it is an island thing ...
    Thanks Fran - no one has heard of peppermint mulch! LOL I think it is an island thing ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Charlie

Pale leaves on my Primroses

Most plant that we buy these days seem to be grown under ideal, but totally unnatural conditions. Therefore even something as hardy as primroses seem to need hardening off, to out door conditions....
    Most plant that we buy these days seem to be grown under ideal, but totally unnatural conditions. Therefore even something as hardy as primroses seem to need hardening off, to out door conditions. I'm only guessing but I reckon the yellowing of the leaves is due to the shock of being exposed to...
    Most plant that we buy these days seem to be grown under ideal, but totally unnatural conditions. Therefore even something as hardy as primroses seem to need hardening off, to out door conditions. I'm only guessing but I reckon the yellowing of...
    Most plant that we buy these days seem to be grown under ideal, but totally unnatural conditions. Therefore even something as hardy as primroses seem to need hardening off, to out door conditions....
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. jezcollinge

Crocosmia 'Lucifer' seeds - when to plant?

Thanks for your information, Liz.Jez
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. dalbuie

moving polyanthus

Yes indeedy - they should produce occassional flowers all winter til the main display in spring - though wet may set set them backThat reminds me I need to find some more primroses (primular...
    Yes indeedy - they should produce occassional flowers all winter til the main display in spring - though wet may set set them backThat reminds me I need to find some more primroses (primular vulgaris) as my stock is running low, and I love them.One of the signs of spring in near by Milton...
    Yes indeedy - they should produce occassional flowers all winter til the main display in spring - though wet may set set them backThat reminds me I need to find some more primroses (primular vulgaris) as my stock is running low, and I love...
    Yes indeedy - they should produce occassional flowers all winter til the main display in spring - though wet may set set them backThat reminds me I need to find some more primroses (primular...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. ellengray

Overwintering

Thanks, Liz, for the information. It's OK, then - I've only wrapped round the sides of the pots. Top has a layer of vermiculite and base is off the ground on bricks.Looks like I can stop worrying!
    Thanks, Liz, for the information. It's OK, then - I've only wrapped round the sides of the pots. Top has a layer of vermiculite and base is off the ground on bricks.Looks like I can stop worrying!
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Palustris

Odd happening.

You're not growing Lithops, are you ?Nathan.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. robbsy1

Pennisetum ( Frost resistance? )

Thanks for your advice Fran Kev
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. bubbly

begonia in supermarket

hmmm. I think I will have to wait until next year and buy them from the garden centre or online.Thankyou so much for clarified that for me guys!
    hmmm. I think I will have to wait until next year and buy them from the garden centre or online.Thankyou so much for clarified that for me guys!
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice