1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↑
  1. ARMANDII

ANYONE BUYING NEW SEED FOR 2021?

That was prompt @JWK , thank you. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. ARMANDII

SHOW US YOUR PURCHASES - 2021

New Thread Here:-SHOW US YOUR PURCHASES - 2022
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. shiney

What's Looking Good In December 2021

Thank you @shiney Nothing at the moment, waiting for the hellebores to flower but no sign as yet.
    Thank you @shiney Nothing at the moment, waiting for the hellebores to flower but no sign as yet.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. ARMANDII
    Like x 6

WHAT ARE WE DOING IN THE GARDEN TODAY - 2021

Thank you @shiney
    Thank you @shiney
    Thank you @shiney
    Thank you @shiney
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Jack Sparrow

Is a Mimosa Tree suitable for my garden?

It does look rather a dark corner. A lower-risk strategy would be a forsythia or a kerria japonica, both of which would also give you that late winter/ early spring blast of yellow. Both readily...
    It does look rather a dark corner. A lower-risk strategy would be a forsythia or a kerria japonica, both of which would also give you that late winter/ early spring blast of yellow. Both readily available, cheap and strong growers. Myself I'd plant them in the ground and hack them back hard...
    It does look rather a dark corner. A lower-risk strategy would be a forsythia or a kerria japonica, both of which would also give you that late winter/ early spring blast of yellow. Both readily available, cheap and strong growers. Myself I'd...
    It does look rather a dark corner. A lower-risk strategy would be a forsythia or a kerria japonica, both of which would also give you that late winter/ early spring blast of yellow. Both readily...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Jasmine star
    Friendly x 6

I'm back! (Thank goodness)

@CanadianLori thanks. I'm counting down ha! :love30:Thank you @Victoria it's lovely to hear from you too. :dbgrtmb:
    @CanadianLori thanks. I'm counting down ha! :love30:Thank you @Victoria it's lovely to hear from you too. :dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. ennnceee

Too late for bulbs?

I would plant them, you've got nothing to lose and they will probably do all right, unless they have rotted.
    I would plant them, you've got nothing to lose and they will probably do all right, unless they have rotted.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Selleri
    Like x 6

What are the earlies seeds you sow? When?

I've started my chilli seeds now.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. groundbeetle

Perlite

Gardensuperstore has a good selection of big pots at reasonable prices. They have both utilitarian and decorative ones. I have a couple of decorative ones and the quality is quite impressive- very...
    Gardensuperstore has a good selection of big pots at reasonable prices. They have both utilitarian and decorative ones. I have a couple of decorative ones and the quality is quite impressive- very thick and sturdy.My outdoors 50cm pots are from Asda, about a fiver each 15 years ago. They are...
    Gardensuperstore has a good selection of big pots at reasonable prices. They have both utilitarian and decorative ones. I have a couple of decorative ones and the quality is quite impressive- very thick and sturdy.My outdoors 50cm pots are...
    Gardensuperstore has a good selection of big pots at reasonable prices. They have both utilitarian and decorative ones. I have a couple of decorative ones and the quality is quite impressive- very...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. jazzy

New Garden Shed - T&G or shiplap?

Ducksback usually works well for me. Avoid Wickes own brand, it's terrible
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. HarryS

Bay Tree Spotty Leaves?

Thanks Noisette, Janet and Victoria I think it is insect damage, so I'll spray with soapy water from early spring. Never heard of the milky water method, may give that a go as well. :blue thumb: Luckily we...
    Thanks Noisette, Janet and Victoria I think it is insect damage, so I'll spray with soapy water from early spring. Never heard of the milky water method, may give that a go as well. :blue thumb: Luckily we don't use these for cooking.
    Thanks Noisette, Janet and Victoria I think it is insect damage, so I'll spray with soapy water from early spring. Never heard of the milky water method, may give that a go as well. :blue thumb: Luckily we don't use these for cooking.
    Thanks Noisette, Janet and Victoria I think it is insect damage, so I'll spray with soapy water from early spring. Never heard of the milky water method, may give that a go as well. :blue thumb: Luckily we...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. pilotax

New hedge replacing my buxus

You could also consider Griselinia littoralis , a bright green leafed evergreen hedging plant.
    You could also consider Griselinia littoralis , a bright green leafed evergreen hedging plant.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. franytee

tomato's green algi

Thanks NIgel i appreciate that. have a good day.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Spruce

Very prickly rambler or climbing rose

Alchymist is vigorous and thorny. Compassion is a repeat flowerer, rather stiff, upright growth.
    Alchymist is vigorous and thorny. Compassion is a repeat flowerer, rather stiff, upright growth.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. JWK
    Like x 4

Peter Seabrook RIP

:gardening:He had a good youtube channel i was subscribed to RIP.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Gwen Bragg

clematis and chilean glory vine

yes - particularly in the spot I’m thinking of. It is a bit sandy and will need water @peteI’ve noticed how well so many plants respond to a bit of water. And how badly they do when I miss it...
    yes - particularly in the spot I’m thinking of. It is a bit sandy and will need water @peteI’ve noticed how well so many plants respond to a bit of water. And how badly they do when I miss it or am irregular. Funny that. Usual problem: takes maybe an hour and a half to do everything full...
    yes - particularly in the spot I’m thinking of. It is a bit sandy and will need water @peteI’ve noticed how well so many plants respond to a bit of water. And how badly they do when I miss it or am irregular. Funny that. Usual problem: takes...
    yes - particularly in the spot I’m thinking of. It is a bit sandy and will need water @peteI’ve noticed how well so many plants respond to a bit of water. And how badly they do when I miss it...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Tara Jane

starting a new boarder

I do have a powerful amount of that to hand!
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. fumanchu

Hydrangeas

Great help & info thank you Perki! I'm wary of anything at all delicate or fussy, although we've now moved down from 1000ft up in the hills, this is still Scotland and still prone to late cold...
    Great help & info thank you Perki! I'm wary of anything at all delicate or fussy, although we've now moved down from 1000ft up in the hills, this is still Scotland and still prone to late cold Springs so I will be careful. I haven't got the tubs yet, am looking at some on amazon but they sell in...
    Great help & info thank you Perki! I'm wary of anything at all delicate or fussy, although we've now moved down from 1000ft up in the hills, this is still Scotland and still prone to late cold Springs so I will be careful. I haven't got the tubs...
    Great help & info thank you Perki! I'm wary of anything at all delicate or fussy, although we've now moved down from 1000ft up in the hills, this is still Scotland and still prone to late cold...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Leth

Which mushrooms to grow

Last year I used a kit for growing oyster mushrooms on straw. It worked, but the crop was only a few at a time, not enough for even a decent side portion. Then you had to wait too long for the...
    Last year I used a kit for growing oyster mushrooms on straw. It worked, but the crop was only a few at a time, not enough for even a decent side portion. Then you had to wait too long for the next batch so you couldn't combine them. Not worth it imho.
    Last year I used a kit for growing oyster mushrooms on straw. It worked, but the crop was only a few at a time, not enough for even a decent side portion. Then you had to wait too long for the next batch so you couldn't combine them. Not worth it...
    Last year I used a kit for growing oyster mushrooms on straw. It worked, but the crop was only a few at a time, not enough for even a decent side portion. Then you had to wait too long for the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Michael Hewett

Camelia

I'll do that @peteThat was very helpful @UpsydaisyThank you both
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice