1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title
Replies ↓ Views
Last Message
  1. Scrungee

All seeds 50% off at Dobbies Garden Centres

All seeds now 50% off at Dobbies Garden Centres. Not an absolutely amazing bargain, but I bought 2 pkts of Red Alert F1 tomatoes for next year, or later as use by 2014, and Wilkos don't sell that...
    All seeds now 50% off at Dobbies Garden Centres. Not an absolutely amazing bargain, but I bought 2 pkts of Red Alert F1 tomatoes for next year, or later as use by 2014, and Wilkos don't sell that variety. My main reason for calling in was because Dobbies own brand tools are still full price...
    All seeds now 50% off at Dobbies Garden Centres. Not an absolutely amazing bargain, but I bought 2 pkts of Red Alert F1 tomatoes for next year, or later as use by 2014, and Wilkos don't sell that variety. My main reason for calling in was...
    All seeds now 50% off at Dobbies Garden Centres. Not an absolutely amazing bargain, but I bought 2 pkts of Red Alert F1 tomatoes for next year, or later as use by 2014, and Wilkos don't sell that...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. merleworld

Hampton Court programmes on BBC2

Hampton Court Palace Flower Show on BBC2 at 9pm for an hour.Another one on tomorrow night at the same time. Thanks to Monty Don on Twitter for the heads up :)
    Hampton Court Palace Flower Show on BBC2 at 9pm for an hour.Another one on tomorrow night at the same time. Thanks to Monty Don on Twitter for the heads up :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Scorpio1968

Hampton Court on BBC2

All this week. Need to get double desktop switcher on my pc so i can watch at work.
    All this week. Need to get double desktop switcher on my pc so i can watch at work.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Salgor

Pansy and Viola seed

I have been saving seed when I dead head the baskets. I am drying them on some kitchen towel in the kitchen. Will these be viable if I sow these in order to prick out and pot on for the autumn...
    I have been saving seed when I dead head the baskets. I am drying them on some kitchen towel in the kitchen. Will these be viable if I sow these in order to prick out and pot on for the autumn baskets? Sally
    I have been saving seed when I dead head the baskets. I am drying them on some kitchen towel in the kitchen. Will these be viable if I sow these in order to prick out and pot on for the autumn baskets? Sally
    I have been saving seed when I dead head the baskets. I am drying them on some kitchen towel in the kitchen. Will these be viable if I sow these in order to prick out and pot on for the autumn...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Phil A

Media Library

In this section you'll find assorted Gardening related videos. So if Gardeners World has been cancelled due to an important Tiddlywinks match, you'll have plenty to choose from. Select a...
    In this section you'll find assorted Gardening related videos. So if Gardeners World has been cancelled due to an important Tiddlywinks match, you'll have plenty to choose from. Select a category from the menu on the right, We are still building up the collection so feel free to add a...
    In this section you'll find assorted Gardening related videos. So if Gardeners World has been cancelled due to an important Tiddlywinks match, you'll have plenty to choose from. Select a category from the menu on the right, We are still...
    In this section you'll find assorted Gardening related videos. So if Gardeners World has been cancelled due to an important Tiddlywinks match, you'll have plenty to choose from. Select a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Gazania

'Crocus'

Hi, I'm quite glad with the 'crocus' roses I bought. This is on a sunnier day ! Flowers are drooping now with the weight of the deluge. gazania
    Hi, I'm quite glad with the 'crocus' roses I bought. This is on a sunnier day ! Flowers are drooping now with the weight of the deluge. gazania
    rose.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. stacym

Today was spent.......

Today was spent removing Ivy from fence panels and generally clearing the left side ready to dig the beds that side. Before:After:
    Today was spent removing Ivy from fence panels and generally clearing the left side ready to dig the beds that side. Before:After:
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Sheal

For Armandii

Hi Armandii, I've just tried to send you a mammoth PM but the servers not co-operating, I'll try again tomorrow, sorry! What's more annoying is I'll have to write it all again. :doh: GC's not very...
    Hi Armandii, I've just tried to send you a mammoth PM but the servers not co-operating, I'll try again tomorrow, sorry! What's more annoying is I'll have to write it all again. :doh: GC's not very user friendly this evening, but I'm sure it'll be sorted. :)
    Hi Armandii, I've just tried to send you a mammoth PM but the servers not co-operating, I'll try again tomorrow, sorry! What's more annoying is I'll have to write it all again. :doh: GC's not very user friendly this evening, but I'm sure it'll be...
    Hi Armandii, I've just tried to send you a mammoth PM but the servers not co-operating, I'll try again tomorrow, sorry! What's more annoying is I'll have to write it all again. :doh: GC's not very...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Sheal

For Armandii

Hi Armandii, I've just tried to send you a mammoth PM but the servers not co-operating, I'll try again tomorrow, sorry! What's more annoying is I'll have to write it all again. :doh: GC's not very user friendly this evening, but I'm sure it'll be sorted. :)
    Hi Armandii, I've just tried to send you a mammoth PM but the servers not co-operating, I'll try again tomorrow, sorry! What's more annoying is I'll have to write it all again. :doh: GC's not very user friendly this evening, but I'm sure it'll be...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Gretzky

Has your houseplant soil dried out?

If so, then add a few drops of washing up liquid to your water before watering. The soap acts as a wetting agent and stops the water from just draining straight through the soil.
    If so, then add a few drops of washing up liquid to your water before watering. The soap acts as a wetting agent and stops the water from just draining straight through the soil.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. barryman

Roses / Magnolia / Pear tree questions

Hi everyone - I need advice on three questions so if anyone can help, much appreciated.1. I (successfully) took cuttings of rose bushes last year so I now have some in the garden, plus some...
    Hi everyone - I need advice on three questions so if anyone can help, much appreciated.1. I (successfully) took cuttings of rose bushes last year so I now have some in the garden, plus some others I moved around. Question is this: some of my rose bushes have quite spindly, thin stems now. Am i...
    Hi everyone - I need advice on three questions so if anyone can help, much appreciated.1. I (successfully) took cuttings of rose bushes last year so I now have some in the garden, plus some others I moved around. Question is this: some of my...
    Hi everyone - I need advice on three questions so if anyone can help, much appreciated.1. I (successfully) took cuttings of rose bushes last year so I now have some in the garden, plus some...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. barryman

Help!!! - advice needed

Hi everyone - I need advice on three questions so if anyone can help, much appreciated. 1. I (successfully) took cuttings of rose bushes last year so I now have some in the garden, plus some...
    Hi everyone - I need advice on three questions so if anyone can help, much appreciated. 1. I (successfully) took cuttings of rose bushes last year so I now have some in the garden, plus some others I moved around. Question is this: some of my rose bushes have quite spindly, thin stems now. Am...
    Hi everyone - I need advice on three questions so if anyone can help, much appreciated. 1. I (successfully) took cuttings of rose bushes last year so I now have some in the garden, plus some others I moved around. Question is this: some of my...
    Hi everyone - I need advice on three questions so if anyone can help, much appreciated. 1. I (successfully) took cuttings of rose bushes last year so I now have some in the garden, plus some...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Wayne

Small cuttings..nice blooms

Hello all, well the sun has finally decided to show up and I have a few small cuttings in bloom, and a couple of bigger plants too.Hope you enjoy them! Madam Bovarie..nice pinky red...
    Hello all, well the sun has finally decided to show up and I have a few small cuttings in bloom, and a couple of bigger plants too.Hope you enjoy them! Madam Bovarie..nice pinky red YellowAurea x DDR ( Double dark Rosetta) Charles Grimaldi Salmon Perfe ktion
    Hello all, well the sun has finally decided to show up and I have a few small cuttings in bloom, and a couple of bigger plants too.Hope you enjoy them! Madam Bovarie..nice pinky red YellowAurea x DDR ( Double dark Rosetta) Charles...
    Hello all, well the sun has finally decided to show up and I have a few small cuttings in bloom, and a couple of bigger plants too.Hope you enjoy them! Madam Bovarie..nice pinky red...
    HPIM2993.jpg HPIM2985.JPG HPIM2994.jpg HPIM2990.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. green green grass

Amelanchier looking poorly

I wondered if anyone may know what has happened to my Amelanchier, it has not long flowered and looked fine but know is looking terrible. I do keep it watered well, (rain not tap water) and it has...
    I wondered if anyone may know what has happened to my Amelanchier, it has not long flowered and looked fine but know is looking terrible. I do keep it watered well, (rain not tap water) and it has been fed with some standard slow release pellets every few months or so. Hope someone way know...
    I wondered if anyone may know what has happened to my Amelanchier, it has not long flowered and looked fine but know is looking terrible. I do keep it watered well, (rain not tap water) and it has been fed with some standard slow release pellets...
    I wondered if anyone may know what has happened to my Amelanchier, it has not long flowered and looked fine but know is looking terrible. I do keep it watered well, (rain not tap water) and it has...
    IMG_1932.JPG IMG_1937.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Sweet-pea66
    Like x 3

Lovely gardening day

Well i spent 6 whole hours in the garden,doesn't time fly lol!! Spray painted the fencing (including myself!! :rolleyespink: ), put up 3 wall troughs & 4 wall planters, emptied all pots of dead plants, made up...
    Well i spent 6 whole hours in the garden,doesn't time fly lol!! Spray painted the fencing (including myself!! :rolleyespink: ), put up 3 wall troughs & 4 wall planters, emptied all pots of dead plants, made up 5 hanging baskets & 5 pots, repotted growing bedding plants etc etc etc.... And theres still loads...
    Well i spent 6 whole hours in the garden,doesn't time fly lol!! Spray painted the fencing (including myself!! :rolleyespink: ), put up 3 wall troughs & 4 wall planters, emptied all pots of dead plants, made up 5 hanging baskets & 5 pots, repotted growing...
    Well i spent 6 whole hours in the garden,doesn't time fly lol!! Spray painted the fencing (including myself!! :rolleyespink: ), put up 3 wall troughs & 4 wall planters, emptied all pots of dead plants, made up...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. mike99

Lots of garden activity.

Two nice sunny days this weekend at last! I've not been indoors long;there's been so much garden activity (ohh err, missus) Everythings growing and I've been supporting it all with canes...
    Two nice sunny days this weekend at last! I've not been indoors long;there's been so much garden activity (ohh err, missus) Everythings growing and I've been supporting it all with canes (sweetpeas/peas/broadies,even one foot high runners) Its made me remember why I like to grow...
    Two nice sunny days this weekend at last! I've not been indoors long;there's been so much garden activity (ohh err, missus) Everythings growing and I've been supporting it all with canes (sweetpeas/peas/broadies,even one foot high runners) Its...
    Two nice sunny days this weekend at last! I've not been indoors long;there's been so much garden activity (ohh err, missus) Everythings growing and I've been supporting it all with canes...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Patricia Marshall
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. islayhawk

aubretia seeds

After two unsuccessful attempts to germinate aubretia - I have them germinating on a plate on the window sill. How far into germination should I leave them before transplanting them into compost -...
    After two unsuccessful attempts to germinate aubretia - I have them germinating on a plate on the window sill. How far into germination should I leave them before transplanting them into compost - and more importantly to me, how do I transplant such small plants islayhawk
    After two unsuccessful attempts to germinate aubretia - I have them germinating on a plate on the window sill. How far into germination should I leave them before transplanting them into compost - and more importantly to me, how do I transplant...
    After two unsuccessful attempts to germinate aubretia - I have them germinating on a plate on the window sill. How far into germination should I leave them before transplanting them into compost -...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. greenclaws25

Gardening groups South Down and or Northern Ireland

Hi Does anyone know of any gardening groups in the area or want to start one? Moved back to the area and would love to meet somelike minded people for tips/swaps etc Cheers
    Hi Does anyone know of any gardening groups in the area or want to start one? Moved back to the area and would love to meet somelike minded people for tips/swaps etc Cheers
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. silu

Phlox problem

I was wandering around my garden today as for once it WASN'T raining and noticed a clump of Phlox was keeling over. On closer inspection many of the stems of the Phlox had split open and gone...
    I was wandering around my garden today as for once it WASN'T raining and noticed a clump of Phlox was keeling over. On closer inspection many of the stems of the Phlox had split open and gone "woodie". Would I be right in thinking that this has been caused by irregular water supply? We had a...
    I was wandering around my garden today as for once it WASN'T raining and noticed a clump of Phlox was keeling over. On closer inspection many of the stems of the Phlox had split open and gone "woodie". Would I be right in thinking that this has...
    I was wandering around my garden today as for once it WASN'T raining and noticed a clump of Phlox was keeling over. On closer inspection many of the stems of the Phlox had split open and gone...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice