1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views ↓
Last Message
  1. Plant Potty

what is the name of.......

I thought it was just Toads............well, they eat slugs............don't they:scratch::D:heehee::heehee:
    I thought it was just Toads............well, they eat slugs............don't they:scratch::D:heehee::heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. malwinn

Garden trouble

Are ok i know where you mean i guess your near the SUN INN?I think its called.im from nettlham just out side lincoln.The gardens recoverd well thankfully thanks .See you later...daz
    Are ok i know where you mean i guess your near the SUN INN?I think its called.im from nettlham just out side lincoln.The gardens recoverd well thankfully thanks .See you later...daz
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Paul West Sussex

Sun Flower Seeds

You can gather the seeds and keep some back for planting next year, then spreasd the others on a baking tray and cook in the over for several hours on a low gas, when cool pop them in air tight...
    You can gather the seeds and keep some back for planting next year, then spreasd the others on a baking tray and cook in the over for several hours on a low gas, when cool pop them in air tight tins, and sprinkle on your cereal or use as snacks, very good for you. Buzzing around!
    You can gather the seeds and keep some back for planting next year, then spreasd the others on a baking tray and cook in the over for several hours on a low gas, when cool pop them in air tight tins, and sprinkle on your cereal or use as snacks,...
    You can gather the seeds and keep some back for planting next year, then spreasd the others on a baking tray and cook in the over for several hours on a low gas, when cool pop them in air tight...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. aqua

New Gardeners - Hows it going?

I've been spending time moving thing to less crowded spots. I got my first garden 12 years ago I was detemined not to over plant this garden when I moved in 2 years ago and I still haven't...
    I've been spending time moving thing to less crowded spots. I got my first garden 12 years ago I was detemined not to over plant this garden when I moved in 2 years ago and I still haven't learnt that my garden is not a TARDIS. I don't seem to be able to resist anything that's pretty and...
    I've been spending time moving thing to less crowded spots. I got my first garden 12 years ago I was detemined not to over plant this garden when I moved in 2 years ago and I still haven't learnt that my garden is not a TARDIS. I don't seem to...
    I've been spending time moving thing to less crowded spots. I got my first garden 12 years ago I was detemined not to over plant this garden when I moved in 2 years ago and I still haven't...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. PeterS

Dead seeds

Dear me, that's a bit discouraging. I thought it was me too. I guess it'd be good to collect your own seed, where possible, or do a seed swap with other gardeners?
    Dear me, that's a bit discouraging. I thought it was me too. I guess it'd be good to collect your own seed, where possible, or do a seed swap with other gardeners?
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. capney

Clematis removal

Such a shame that I have had to carry out a major cut back on my Clematis Montana. It was really getting a hold of the garage roof and looks a real treat when in bloom. Im sure it will survive...
    Such a shame that I have had to carry out a major cut back on my Clematis Montana. It was really getting a hold of the garage roof and looks a real treat when in bloom. Im sure it will survive and flourish again. Reason is the felted roof leaks and Im having the whole lot replaced with a fibre...
    Such a shame that I have had to carry out a major cut back on my Clematis Montana. It was really getting a hold of the garage roof and looks a real treat when in bloom. Im sure it will survive and flourish again. Reason is the felted roof leaks...
    Such a shame that I have had to carry out a major cut back on my Clematis Montana. It was really getting a hold of the garage roof and looks a real treat when in bloom. Im sure it will survive...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. caitlin lodge

Leylandii chippings

The bottom half of my raised vegetable bed was leylandii chippings - no problem at all.
    The bottom half of my raised vegetable bed was leylandii chippings - no problem at all.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Andrew lace

Apple trees

Will you be growing it as a standard, fan, espalier or cordon?
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Liz

Good site for tender perennials?

Nice site Liz - I like to see the pictures by the side of the descriptions. There are just so many plants to try.
    Nice site Liz - I like to see the pictures by the side of the descriptions. There are just so many plants to try.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. CazH1975

Grapes?

Excellent! Thanks :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. juicyslugs

Advice please on a good climber to make a 'hedge'

Hello and welcome.How about this for an idea. Not much is going to happen now until spring time, so by then your little one will be nearly 2. When spring time comes, you could start some peas...
    Hello and welcome.How about this for an idea. Not much is going to happen now until spring time, so by then your little one will be nearly 2. When spring time comes, you could start some peas off together. My lad loves helping with things like that, and peas are ideal because they're easy and...
    Hello and welcome.How about this for an idea. Not much is going to happen now until spring time, so by then your little one will be nearly 2. When spring time comes, you could start some peas off together. My lad loves helping with things like...
    Hello and welcome.How about this for an idea. Not much is going to happen now until spring time, so by then your little one will be nearly 2. When spring time comes, you could start some peas...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. redstar

Dragon's Breath

What to do with your lavender This is really, really, really, yummy.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. moonbeam

Help please

Thank you for your replies they have been really really helpful
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. kels

Wisteria cuttings.

Wisteria are usually grafted, so I assume they are neigh on impossible from cuttings? Layering might work (as I doubt that is productive enough for commercial propagation) Or grow some from...
    Wisteria are usually grafted, so I assume they are neigh on impossible from cuttings? Layering might work (as I doubt that is productive enough for commercial propagation) Or grow some from seed and graft yours onto the seedlings?
    Wisteria are usually grafted, so I assume they are neigh on impossible from cuttings? Layering might work (as I doubt that is productive enough for commercial propagation) Or grow some from seed and graft yours onto the seedlings?
    Wisteria are usually grafted, so I assume they are neigh on impossible from cuttings? Layering might work (as I doubt that is productive enough for commercial propagation) Or grow some from...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. samuelcat

Clematis Armandi

Thankyou. My first question and just realised it is in the "edible" section-whoops! Anyway, I will give the tom feed a go.
    Thankyou. My first question and just realised it is in the "edible" section-whoops! Anyway, I will give the tom feed a go.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. mgn

Bulb advice needed

lol thanks, youre right i've got enthusiasm all right - i had to force myself to come in from the wind and do the washing and dishes (why didnt i realise before gardening could get me out of these...
    lol thanks, youre right i've got enthusiasm all right - i had to force myself to come in from the wind and do the washing and dishes (why didnt i realise before gardening could get me out of these tasks?? ;))i may be picking your brains in future as when it comes to doing the concrete raised bit...
    lol thanks, youre right i've got enthusiasm all right - i had to force myself to come in from the wind and do the washing and dishes (why didnt i realise before gardening could get me out of these tasks?? ;))i may be picking your brains in future...
    lol thanks, youre right i've got enthusiasm all right - i had to force myself to come in from the wind and do the washing and dishes (why didnt i realise before gardening could get me out of these...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Aesculus

Briza maxima from seed?

best I can find from browsing online is,From what I can gather elsewhere, most seed companies recommend thinning out to about 25-30cm apart... not sure if this is much help or not :what:
    best I can find from browsing online is,From what I can gather elsewhere, most seed companies recommend thinning out to about 25-30cm apart... not sure if this is much help or not :what:
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. josephine

Top soil

Where I live top soil and bark exc is sold at DIY merchants as well as garden centres. Merchants where they sell paving.
    Where I live top soil and bark exc is sold at DIY merchants as well as garden centres. Merchants where they sell paving.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. firsttimer

Blight? I don't know

The tomato looks like copper deficiency which is a problem related to peaty soil. General fertiliser will bring it back but you need to get on it now !!
    The tomato looks like copper deficiency which is a problem related to peaty soil. General fertiliser will bring it back but you need to get on it now !!
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. si_rich

over growen brambles

alternatively, once you've got rid of as much as possible by chopping down and digging out, keep cutting back with a mower if it's in an area that you can reasonably do so. I've found that works,...
    alternatively, once you've got rid of as much as possible by chopping down and digging out, keep cutting back with a mower if it's in an area that you can reasonably do so. I've found that works, and eventually kills it all off. It does take quite a while though!
    alternatively, once you've got rid of as much as possible by chopping down and digging out, keep cutting back with a mower if it's in an area that you can reasonably do so. I've found that works, and eventually kills it all off. It does take...
    alternatively, once you've got rid of as much as possible by chopping down and digging out, keep cutting back with a mower if it's in an area that you can reasonably do so. I've found that works,...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice