1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↑
  1. ricky101

Dahlias don't seem true ?

Still great flowers.:dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Bazza01

How did this happen

Seeds could also be blown in or dropped by birds.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Jasmine star

Wind rocked plants. What to do?

Thanks @Sheal and @pete :love30: I'll get them staked. I think I may have to do something more permanent too as it is a windy spot and didn't realise they were so susceptible. You're right Pete. They...
    Thanks @Sheal and @pete :love30: I'll get them staked. I think I may have to do something more permanent too as it is a windy spot and didn't realise they were so susceptible. You're right Pete. They do look like a herd of cows have trampled them :doh:
    Thanks @Sheal and @pete :love30: I'll get them staked. I think I may have to do something more permanent too as it is a windy spot and didn't realise they were so susceptible. You're right Pete. They do look like a herd of cows have trampled them :doh:
    Thanks @Sheal and @pete :love30: I'll get them staked. I think I may have to do something more permanent too as it is a windy spot and didn't realise they were so susceptible. You're right Pete. They...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Selleri

Do you subscribe to any gardening magazines?

Get out your Library card @Perki !!I can get without charge and often even before they're out in the shops.Gardeners World Modern Garden The English Garden Small Space Garden Garden...
    Get out your Library card @Perki !!I can get without charge and often even before they're out in the shops.Gardeners World Modern Garden The English Garden Small Space Garden Garden Illustrated Amateur Garden + a few others that I don't bother with.With some Libraries you get to keep them,...
    Get out your Library card @Perki !!I can get without charge and often even before they're out in the shops.Gardeners World Modern Garden The English Garden Small Space Garden Garden Illustrated Amateur Garden + a few others that I don't...
    Get out your Library card @Perki !!I can get without charge and often even before they're out in the shops.Gardeners World Modern Garden The English Garden Small Space Garden Garden...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Loofah

Water cost

I have butts in various places but this was a particular location needing a 'pretty' one. In theory it would be great but cost wise it's not going to make sense. Annoyingly, when doing the...
    I have butts in various places but this was a particular location needing a 'pretty' one. In theory it would be great but cost wise it's not going to make sense. Annoyingly, when doing the building works a few years ago we installed a soakaway about the size of a swimming pool. I feel that with...
    I have butts in various places but this was a particular location needing a 'pretty' one. In theory it would be great but cost wise it's not going to make sense. Annoyingly, when doing the building works a few years ago we installed a soakaway...
    I have butts in various places but this was a particular location needing a 'pretty' one. In theory it would be great but cost wise it's not going to make sense. Annoyingly, when doing the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Cottage_plants

Moved Acer

Sorry for the late reply been really poorly. I did more scraping and its dead :(
    Sorry for the late reply been really poorly. I did more scraping and its dead :(
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. SimonZ

Plumeria

I took the plunge and chopped one stem of 'The Twig'. There were two trunks but the leaves on one were much smaller and it just didn't seem to be thriving like the other one. I mixed up some very...
    I took the plunge and chopped one stem of 'The Twig'. There were two trunks but the leaves on one were much smaller and it just didn't seem to be thriving like the other one. I mixed up some very gritty topsoil with 30% MPC and stuck the 5 cuttings in that, after letting the ends dry for a...
    I took the plunge and chopped one stem of 'The Twig'. There were two trunks but the leaves on one were much smaller and it just didn't seem to be thriving like the other one. I mixed up some very gritty topsoil with 30% MPC and stuck the 5...
    I took the plunge and chopped one stem of 'The Twig'. There were two trunks but the leaves on one were much smaller and it just didn't seem to be thriving like the other one. I mixed up some very...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. shiney

What's Looking Good In June 2022

And this is Cranesbill " Ann Folkard " which I love. She just turns up year after year and spreads wherever she feels like it. She's developing climbing skills this season and has her eye on the...
    And this is Cranesbill " Ann Folkard " which I love. She just turns up year after year and spreads wherever she feels like it. She's developing climbing skills this season and has her eye on the Dublin Bay rose that spans the kitchen window.... Jenny namaste
    And this is Cranesbill " Ann Folkard " which I love. She just turns up year after year and spreads wherever she feels like it. She's developing climbing skills this season and has her eye on the Dublin Bay rose that spans the kitchen...
    And this is Cranesbill " Ann Folkard " which I love. She just turns up year after year and spreads wherever she feels like it. She's developing climbing skills this season and has her eye on the...
    20220529_080410.jpg 20220529_080352.jpg 20220528_095256.jpg 20220601_090131.jpg Jak with Martin 1 Jun 22.jpg pink 1.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. polypody

Hydroponic Gardening - what's happened?

Thanks for the updates folks, much appreciated.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. james_uk

Can i get Keter store it out arc door hinges off the shed once clicked in?

Hi, thanks for the replies :)Thankfully, i tried again by taking te lid off and loosesning most of the rest of it and was able to bend the side walls as well as the base, i managed eventually to...
    Hi, thanks for the replies :)Thankfully, i tried again by taking te lid off and loosesning most of the rest of it and was able to bend the side walls as well as the base, i managed eventually to get the doors to go in :)I have built one of these before as well but i was maybe over confident this...
    Hi, thanks for the replies :)Thankfully, i tried again by taking te lid off and loosesning most of the rest of it and was able to bend the side walls as well as the base, i managed eventually to get the doors to go in :)I have built one of these...
    Hi, thanks for the replies :)Thankfully, i tried again by taking te lid off and loosesning most of the rest of it and was able to bend the side walls as well as the base, i managed eventually to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. groundbeetle

Do Tropaeolum majus and Tropaeolum minus hybridise?

Do Tropaeolum majus, long trailing and climbing nasturtiums, and Tropaeolum minus, short nasturtiums, hybridise/interbreed?I ask for two main reasons. The first is it might be interesting to...
    Do Tropaeolum majus, long trailing and climbing nasturtiums, and Tropaeolum minus, short nasturtiums, hybridise/interbreed?I ask for two main reasons. The first is it might be interesting to get the colours and forms of the short nasturtiums in a big seven foot climbing nasturtium. The...
    Do Tropaeolum majus, long trailing and climbing nasturtiums, and Tropaeolum minus, short nasturtiums, hybridise/interbreed?I ask for two main reasons. The first is it might be interesting to get the colours and forms of the short nasturtiums...
    Do Tropaeolum majus, long trailing and climbing nasturtiums, and Tropaeolum minus, short nasturtiums, hybridise/interbreed?I ask for two main reasons. The first is it might be interesting to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. LawnAndOrder

Snails are vile, except on a plate ...Please HELP!

Yes, having finally vanquished the couch grass that had taken over 1500m2 of 'lawn', and in the process left that area bare for 2 1/2 years, the Poa has had a field (ha!) day. Luckily, it is more...
    Yes, having finally vanquished the couch grass that had taken over 1500m2 of 'lawn', and in the process left that area bare for 2 1/2 years, the Poa has had a field (ha!) day. Luckily, it is more seasonal here and burns off by June, but not before it's seeded copiously. Still, it'll give me...
    Yes, having finally vanquished the couch grass that had taken over 1500m2 of 'lawn', and in the process left that area bare for 2 1/2 years, the Poa has had a field (ha!) day. Luckily, it is more seasonal here and burns off by June, but not...
    Yes, having finally vanquished the couch grass that had taken over 1500m2 of 'lawn', and in the process left that area bare for 2 1/2 years, the Poa has had a field (ha!) day. Luckily, it is more...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Clueless 1 v2

Challenging front garden

@Selleri that looks beautiful. Thanks for sharing.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Clueless 1 v2

Mock orange with hardly any flowers

Prune after flowering then leave it be until it has bloomed the following year!
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Clueless 1 v2

Old pond to colourful bog garden

@noisette47 I might put some drain holes in it if that would help? I googled the other plants you suggested, they all fit within my vision for it.For the crocosmia, if it won't thrive in the...
    @noisette47 I might put some drain holes in it if that would help? I googled the other plants you suggested, they all fit within my vision for it.For the crocosmia, if it won't thrive in the old pond, I could put it around it. The area around is currently bare, as when I built it years ago my...
    @noisette47 I might put some drain holes in it if that would help? I googled the other plants you suggested, they all fit within my vision for it.For the crocosmia, if it won't thrive in the old pond, I could put it around it. The area around...
    @noisette47 I might put some drain holes in it if that would help? I googled the other plants you suggested, they all fit within my vision for it.For the crocosmia, if it won't thrive in the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Howard Stone

Why is my Vitis coignetiae going yellow?

A couple of images of my problematic Vitis coingnetiae, in case anyone has any ideas about what’s going on. As you can see, from one side of the trellis it looks as though it’s gone into...
    A couple of images of my problematic Vitis coingnetiae, in case anyone has any ideas about what’s going on. As you can see, from one side of the trellis it looks as though it’s gone into its normal autumnal behaviour early, and on the other side it looks more poorly.It’s been fed and...
    A couple of images of my problematic Vitis coingnetiae, in case anyone has any ideas about what’s going on. As you can see, from one side of the trellis it looks as though it’s gone into its normal autumnal behaviour early, and on the...
    A couple of images of my problematic Vitis coingnetiae, in case anyone has any ideas about what’s going on. As you can see, from one side of the trellis it looks as though it’s gone into...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Jocko

Our Clematis doesn't flower.

My wife called me out to take a look at the Clematis this afternoon and I believe it is starting to flower. Better late than never.
    My wife called me out to take a look at the Clematis this afternoon and I believe it is starting to flower. Better late than never.
    Clematis montana Alba 4-7-22.jpg Clematis leaves 5-7-22.jpg Clematis flowers starting 6-7-22.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. RDB85

Hayter 48 Rear Roller Issue.

Have a look here: HAYTER HARRIER 48 PRO OWNER'S HANDBOOK MANUAL Pdf Download
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Selleri

What to plant in difficult, dry corner?

Maybe Silene dioica would do the job. It grows well here( maybe a bit too well at times) good flowering season. Another with a long season is Geranium rozanne
    Maybe Silene dioica would do the job. It grows well here( maybe a bit too well at times) good flowering season. Another with a long season is Geranium rozanne
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. thriftybri

laburnum trre and blue bottles

They is possibly something dead near it ? Can't say I've seen blue bottles comigrating near laburnum before
    They is possibly something dead near it ? Can't say I've seen blue bottles comigrating near laburnum before
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice