1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. Brass-icas

Mad Mad Question..Here it is

If it's a plastic pipette you're using, can you slice it further up to make the hole bigger?
    If it's a plastic pipette you're using, can you slice it further up to make the hole bigger?
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. angeleyes

tea-bag plant - can anyone help

http://www.gardenerscorner.co.uk/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=000696 Have a look here angeleyes, does it look the same.
    http://www.gardenerscorner.co.uk/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=000696 Have a look here angeleyes, does it look the same.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. dalbuie

Rhus typhina

Hi Rich, thanks for the offer I will keep it in mind. Yes she did mention about the amount of suckers they send out. Do you have problems with them?
    Hi Rich, thanks for the offer I will keep it in mind. Yes she did mention about the amount of suckers they send out. Do you have problems with them?
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Andrew Brown

Collecting Seeds

Thanks Pete2255
    Thanks Pete2255
    Thanks Pete2255
    Thanks Pete2255
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Terri

Clematis

I've managed to root cuttings of the large hybrid types, but they seem to take all summer to root, and make a good root system by autumn. The problem is they make very little or no growth in that...
    I've managed to root cuttings of the large hybrid types, but they seem to take all summer to root, and make a good root system by autumn. The problem is they make very little or no growth in that year and tend to rot or not have any dormant buds to grow away from the following year.
    I've managed to root cuttings of the large hybrid types, but they seem to take all summer to root, and make a good root system by autumn. The problem is they make very little or no growth in that year and tend to rot or not have any dormant buds...
    I've managed to root cuttings of the large hybrid types, but they seem to take all summer to root, and make a good root system by autumn. The problem is they make very little or no growth in that...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Charlie

Pruning Azaleas

Glad one of them was some help, sorry to here, we may be too late. Never mind you can prune it into shape for next year & get a good shape for flowering. You should end up with a lovely plant,...
    Glad one of them was some help, sorry to here, we may be too late. Never mind you can prune it into shape for next year & get a good shape for flowering. You should end up with a lovely plant, that will be a lovly dark green foliage plant in the mean time.
    Glad one of them was some help, sorry to here, we may be too late. Never mind you can prune it into shape for next year & get a good shape for flowering. You should end up with a lovely plant, that will be a lovly dark green foliage plant in...
    Glad one of them was some help, sorry to here, we may be too late. Never mind you can prune it into shape for next year & get a good shape for flowering. You should end up with a lovely plant,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. willsgarden

Can you extend the flower life of Lupins?

I know that if you cut off the first flower stalks after they have finished flowering, you get a second crop of flowers, not quite so good as the first.
    I know that if you cut off the first flower stalks after they have finished flowering, you get a second crop of flowers, not quite so good as the first.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. willsgarden

Hollyhock weird leaves

Bayleaf - what gorgeous HH! The colour is stunning!
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Rich

Brugs? no datura

Rich ...great pic...sadly only last a few hours...and annuals...but lovely scent, even if cut off and put them in some water, unlike the big Datura tree...loose scent as soon as they are cut...
    Rich ...great pic...sadly only last a few hours...and annuals...but lovely scent, even if cut off and put them in some water, unlike the big Datura tree...loose scent as soon as they are cut off... enjoy it !!Ladybird
    Rich ...great pic...sadly only last a few hours...and annuals...but lovely scent, even if cut off and put them in some water, unlike the big Datura tree...loose scent as soon as they are cut off... enjoy it !!Ladybird
    Rich ...great pic...sadly only last a few hours...and annuals...but lovely scent, even if cut off and put them in some water, unlike the big Datura tree...loose scent as soon as they are cut...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. JillD

moving perennials

Hi Peter, I do have a digital camera and have been recording the different stages of my garden. It gives me great pleasure to look back on how things were in early spring compared to how they are...
    Hi Peter, I do have a digital camera and have been recording the different stages of my garden. It gives me great pleasure to look back on how things were in early spring compared to how they are now. I am currently trying to learn how to load a picture on to this site of a very special fuschia...
    Hi Peter, I do have a digital camera and have been recording the different stages of my garden. It gives me great pleasure to look back on how things were in early spring compared to how they are now. I am currently trying to learn how to load a...
    Hi Peter, I do have a digital camera and have been recording the different stages of my garden. It gives me great pleasure to look back on how things were in early spring compared to how they are...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. lucys

Hello! I am new and looking for advise

Hello Rosegarden, Nice to hear from you. I am sorry I don.t know the name of the yellow lupin I bought it at the "Scotland Gardening" show in Edinburgh two years ago when they were selling off all...
    Hello Rosegarden, Nice to hear from you. I am sorry I don.t know the name of the yellow lupin I bought it at the "Scotland Gardening" show in Edinburgh two years ago when they were selling off all the plants. It was in full bloom in a big pot. I went back this year and bought another one which...
    Hello Rosegarden, Nice to hear from you. I am sorry I don.t know the name of the yellow lupin I bought it at the "Scotland Gardening" show in Edinburgh two years ago when they were selling off all the plants. It was in full bloom in a big pot. I...
    Hello Rosegarden, Nice to hear from you. I am sorry I don.t know the name of the yellow lupin I bought it at the "Scotland Gardening" show in Edinburgh two years ago when they were selling off all...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Larburnum

Rhododendron

Hi Larburnum, Lovely pic of our garden, very nice plants too. I see what you are saying about the one in front of the conservatory. In my bible it says that sometimes older plants can benifit...
    Hi Larburnum, Lovely pic of our garden, very nice plants too. I see what you are saying about the one in front of the conservatory. In my bible it says that sometimes older plants can benifit from a prune, but it looks like it is also growing to the light, if that the problem them you would...
    Hi Larburnum, Lovely pic of our garden, very nice plants too. I see what you are saying about the one in front of the conservatory. In my bible it says that sometimes older plants can benifit from a prune, but it looks like it is also growing...
    Hi Larburnum, Lovely pic of our garden, very nice plants too. I see what you are saying about the one in front of the conservatory. In my bible it says that sometimes older plants can benifit...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Andrew_Swansea

Vitis Vinifera

If it came from the med. area then there's a good chance they may be palateable. As for the distorted leaves, if its just a bit of black fly I wouldn't worry too much.
    If it came from the med. area then there's a good chance they may be palateable. As for the distorted leaves, if its just a bit of black fly I wouldn't worry too much.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. tigertoe

Colours

many thanks there Bayleaf, just ordered colour chart
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. tigertoe

lolo..... looking for help

good thinking Steve lol Ladybird
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. jelly belly

stinging nettles!

Great Fran if you can stand the stink. ;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Marley Farley

What should I do.????

I thought it would be ok to dig in some of my compost first, just wanted your opinion before I did it. Do yours have any scent at all as mine don't seem to, shame, but never mind as they are...
    I thought it would be ok to dig in some of my compost first, just wanted your opinion before I did it. Do yours have any scent at all as mine don't seem to, shame, but never mind as they are very handsome stood there. Thanks for your help Pete, will plant out as I say when finished flowering. ...
    I thought it would be ok to dig in some of my compost first, just wanted your opinion before I did it. Do yours have any scent at all as mine don't seem to, shame, but never mind as they are very handsome stood there. Thanks for your help Pete,...
    I thought it would be ok to dig in some of my compost first, just wanted your opinion before I did it. Do yours have any scent at all as mine don't seem to, shame, but never mind as they are...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Daisies

How's this for a big'n

Tragedy! Finally got around to using this tater only to find it has a big cavity in the middle! It was clean and dry and a little bit powdery looking so I didn't use it. Any suggestions what it...
    Tragedy! Finally got around to using this tater only to find it has a big cavity in the middle! It was clean and dry and a little bit powdery looking so I didn't use it. Any suggestions what it was and could I have eaten it anyway?I'm so disappointed!
    Tragedy! Finally got around to using this tater only to find it has a big cavity in the middle! It was clean and dry and a little bit powdery looking so I didn't use it. Any suggestions what it was and could I have eaten it anyway?I'm so...
    Tragedy! Finally got around to using this tater only to find it has a big cavity in the middle! It was clean and dry and a little bit powdery looking so I didn't use it. Any suggestions what it...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. TriniBits

Beginners help -Hedging

HiWe have just got rid of a beech hedge which was not terribly nice and replaced it with a 3ft high fence. However, I would like to have some form of hedging back in place on the side of my...
    HiWe have just got rid of a beech hedge which was not terribly nice and replaced it with a 3ft high fence. However, I would like to have some form of hedging back in place on the side of my house for some more privacy. But I would like it to be relatively low maintenance but quick-growing...
    HiWe have just got rid of a beech hedge which was not terribly nice and replaced it with a 3ft high fence. However, I would like to have some form of hedging back in place on the side of my house for some more privacy. But I would like it to...
    HiWe have just got rid of a beech hedge which was not terribly nice and replaced it with a 3ft high fence. However, I would like to have some form of hedging back in place on the side of my...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Allison J

Getting Rid Of Ivy Trails On Walls ?

If you leave them they will eventually dry and be able to brush off - but there is nothing faster that I know off, and it will still leave an uneven surface.Next time when clearing ivy - cut...
    If you leave them they will eventually dry and be able to brush off - but there is nothing faster that I know off, and it will still leave an uneven surface.Next time when clearing ivy - cut the stem, and then remove as it falls away.
    If you leave them they will eventually dry and be able to brush off - but there is nothing faster that I know off, and it will still leave an uneven surface.Next time when clearing ivy - cut the stem, and then remove as it falls away.
    If you leave them they will eventually dry and be able to brush off - but there is nothing faster that I know off, and it will still leave an uneven surface.Next time when clearing ivy - cut...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice