1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. PeterS

Penstemon cuttings

Hi Marley Farley. I have thought about that. Seeds are very easy to exchange by post. But my feeling is that plants are so cumbersome that it is not really worth it. Mind you I would be very...
    Hi Marley Farley. I have thought about that. Seeds are very easy to exchange by post. But my feeling is that plants are so cumbersome that it is not really worth it. Mind you I would be very willing to meet, exchange or give away plants to anyone in the N Yorks area. Peter.
    Hi Marley Farley. I have thought about that. Seeds are very easy to exchange by post. But my feeling is that plants are so cumbersome that it is not really worth it. Mind you I would be very willing to meet, exchange or give away plants to...
    Hi Marley Farley. I have thought about that. Seeds are very easy to exchange by post. But my feeling is that plants are so cumbersome that it is not really worth it. Mind you I would be very...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. clair

laviteria ? Was once ablooming, now all but dead

Whilst I am feeling a tad pessimistic about the petunias - I shall be delighted if it is unwarranted, sides, there is always next year :DI have lost count of the number of time that last bit...
    Whilst I am feeling a tad pessimistic about the petunias - I shall be delighted if it is unwarranted, sides, there is always next year :DI have lost count of the number of time that last bit has reassured me, as I tried to rescue something.
    Whilst I am feeling a tad pessimistic about the petunias - I shall be delighted if it is unwarranted, sides, there is always next year :DI have lost count of the number of time that last bit has reassured me, as I tried to rescue something.
    Whilst I am feeling a tad pessimistic about the petunias - I shall be delighted if it is unwarranted, sides, there is always next year :DI have lost count of the number of time that last bit...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. sam k

can any one help me with inspiration.

I agree with Bayleaf & Fran, You really need to canvas the members first otherwise you may find you put in all the hard work & effort & get nothing but moanes & groans when it is finished...
    I agree with Bayleaf & Fran, You really need to canvas the members first otherwise you may find you put in all the hard work & effort & get nothing but moanes & groans when it is finished about, Oh you should have done this or that. It can be a very thankless task if your not careful & you...
    I agree with Bayleaf & Fran, You really need to canvas the members first otherwise you may find you put in all the hard work & effort & get nothing but moanes & groans when it is finished about, Oh you should have done this or that. It can be...
    I agree with Bayleaf & Fran, You really need to canvas the members first otherwise you may find you put in all the hard work & effort & get nothing but moanes & groans when it is finished...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. GARDENANGEL

HOW WAS 'CHELSEA' FOR YOU!

Forgot to add, make sure you wear a good pair of walking boots because they were both really long days
    Forgot to add, make sure you wear a good pair of walking boots because they were both really long days
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Sudidi

Lillies seeding????

It is very rewarding growing lilies from the little bulbils and from seed. I have tiger lilies, lilium regale and various others flowering now - all took 3 years to make good flowering size bulbs....
    It is very rewarding growing lilies from the little bulbils and from seed. I have tiger lilies, lilium regale and various others flowering now - all took 3 years to make good flowering size bulbs. Galtonia Candicans is another good one to try.
    It is very rewarding growing lilies from the little bulbils and from seed. I have tiger lilies, lilium regale and various others flowering now - all took 3 years to make good flowering size bulbs. Galtonia Candicans is another good one to try.
    It is very rewarding growing lilies from the little bulbils and from seed. I have tiger lilies, lilium regale and various others flowering now - all took 3 years to make good flowering size bulbs....
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Paladin

Hebe.Patio pot o.k?

Hi, I agree they do seem to thrive on a bit of neglect. I have some in pots & two that were planted out years ago & have now kind of incorporated thenselves with a small hedge & they get...
    Hi, I agree they do seem to thrive on a bit of neglect. I have some in pots & two that were planted out years ago & have now kind of incorporated thenselves with a small hedge & they get clipped with the shears the same as rest fo hedge & they probably put out more flowers than the ones in...
    Hi, I agree they do seem to thrive on a bit of neglect. I have some in pots & two that were planted out years ago & have now kind of incorporated thenselves with a small hedge & they get clipped with the shears the same as rest fo hedge & they...
    Hi, I agree they do seem to thrive on a bit of neglect. I have some in pots & two that were planted out years ago & have now kind of incorporated thenselves with a small hedge & they get...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. aqua

Sweet Peas

I use the middle out of toilet rolls but more usually for broad beans and such!!
    I use the middle out of toilet rolls but more usually for broad beans and such!!
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. greenfingers

gladiolus

Hi greenfingers, not many people grow gladiolus from seed, they take a few years to flower that way. Leave them to grow on, and you can lift the corms in the autumn and dry them off, or you may...
    Hi greenfingers, not many people grow gladiolus from seed, they take a few years to flower that way. Leave them to grow on, and you can lift the corms in the autumn and dry them off, or you may get away with leaving them in the ground overwinter, if its well drained.
    Hi greenfingers, not many people grow gladiolus from seed, they take a few years to flower that way. Leave them to grow on, and you can lift the corms in the autumn and dry them off, or you may get away with leaving them in the ground overwinter,...
    Hi greenfingers, not many people grow gladiolus from seed, they take a few years to flower that way. Leave them to grow on, and you can lift the corms in the autumn and dry them off, or you may...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Rich

Plumaria (frangipani)

oo my favorite :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. JillD

hellebores

Thank you Steve a very helpful link.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Brass-icas

Mad Mad Question..Here it is

If it's a plastic pipette you're using, can you slice it further up to make the hole bigger?
    If it's a plastic pipette you're using, can you slice it further up to make the hole bigger?
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. T

Camellia

Thankyou Those links where helpful I did at one time mulch with a load of fertilizer it could possibly have been at the same time ,it was a long time ago,but its worth a thoughtT
    Thankyou Those links where helpful I did at one time mulch with a load of fertilizer it could possibly have been at the same time ,it was a long time ago,but its worth a thoughtT
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. dalbuie

Rhus typhina

Hi Rich, thanks for the offer I will keep it in mind. Yes she did mention about the amount of suckers they send out. Do you have problems with them?
    Hi Rich, thanks for the offer I will keep it in mind. Yes she did mention about the amount of suckers they send out. Do you have problems with them?
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Coralbat

Sweet peas

Thanks JJordie - Got in a mess trying to do it, had to ask my son for help. love yours.
    Thanks JJordie - Got in a mess trying to do it, had to ask my son for help. love yours.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. willsgarden

Can you extend the flower life of Lupins?

I know that if you cut off the first flower stalks after they have finished flowering, you get a second crop of flowers, not quite so good as the first.
    I know that if you cut off the first flower stalks after they have finished flowering, you get a second crop of flowers, not quite so good as the first.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. angeleyes

tea-bag plant - can anyone help

http://www.gardenerscorner.co.uk/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=000696 Have a look here angeleyes, does it look the same.
    http://www.gardenerscorner.co.uk/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=000696 Have a look here angeleyes, does it look the same.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Terri

Clematis

I've managed to root cuttings of the large hybrid types, but they seem to take all summer to root, and make a good root system by autumn. The problem is they make very little or no growth in that...
    I've managed to root cuttings of the large hybrid types, but they seem to take all summer to root, and make a good root system by autumn. The problem is they make very little or no growth in that year and tend to rot or not have any dormant buds to grow away from the following year.
    I've managed to root cuttings of the large hybrid types, but they seem to take all summer to root, and make a good root system by autumn. The problem is they make very little or no growth in that year and tend to rot or not have any dormant buds...
    I've managed to root cuttings of the large hybrid types, but they seem to take all summer to root, and make a good root system by autumn. The problem is they make very little or no growth in that...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. pete

Tuberose

I got one of those bulbs in early spring....then got waterlogged by accident...when I dicovered it... I put it in greenhoyuse to dry and has recovered at last and making lots of leaves now, no...
    I got one of those bulbs in early spring....then got waterlogged by accident...when I dicovered it... I put it in greenhoyuse to dry and has recovered at last and making lots of leaves now, no flower yet lol will check again in a day or 2..Ladybird
    I got one of those bulbs in early spring....then got waterlogged by accident...when I dicovered it... I put it in greenhoyuse to dry and has recovered at last and making lots of leaves now, no flower yet lol will check again in a day or...
    I got one of those bulbs in early spring....then got waterlogged by accident...when I dicovered it... I put it in greenhoyuse to dry and has recovered at last and making lots of leaves now, no...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Andrew Brown

Collecting Seeds

Thanks Pete2255
    Thanks Pete2255
    Thanks Pete2255
    Thanks Pete2255
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. willsgarden

Is it possible to sow seeds now?

Just fround this thread. We have just planted wallflower seeds for next spring.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice